The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

To quote Jim "She has different desires than I do..."

I ran out of likes, Mayim did say 'meaty episode' for Locomotive Manipulation and 'lovely episode' for Indecision Amalgamation. 

I agree with those two episodes but I still don't understand how the finale is awesome, great, nice,and funny for her. 

So, yeah like you quoted, she sometimes has different desires than I do. I won't trust her taste anymore. :p

• Like 2

When I woke up this morning, I realized, CRAP, it wasn't a dream..........

Alright, I know I'm a little behind the curveball with the seemingly thousand posts after last night, but I really needed to take some time to think this through. I went to lunch with my husband and ran some errands to get my mind off of it, but I ended up thinking about it anyway. Mostly, it was little things, like sad songs on the radio (especially when "Epiphany" by Stained came on....that song just fits this situation so much, I started crying) and seeing a stupid green topped bottle of soy sauce at the sushi place I went for lunch. I wanted to try and match the eloquently written posts I always see here, so I even jotted down my thoughts throughout the morning.

I may be in the minority here and may get flack, but I still really feel sad for Sheldon. Let me follow that up by saying I still think he was a complete ASS in regards to Amy and that could have been handled and written a whole lot better. But remove the relationship part and I can see why Sheldon would have a meltdown. The biggest thing to me is his best friend and roommate of 10 years, someone he has been closer to than almost anyone besides Amy and his family, has taken the next step in life, which in turn changes even Sheldon's whole situation. I was very close to a family member when I had to make a decision to better my life and I am nowhere near how Sheldon feels about change. Me and said family member had a big argument because he was mad that I was making this decision, with us being so close and wanting the same things when we started out. Both our worlds were going to change for the extreme. Now, I know some of you are rolling your eyes thinking I'm supporting the "evil baby." I'm not. I think I sympathize just a little more because I have been in a similar situation.

I have said before this was Sheldon's season of growth and now it seems only fitting to end this way. I thought PP would be his epiphany, but it turns out to be one of the small changes leading to this, I suppose. I could actually see him hopefully recalling those words or PP maybe returning as a guide for him in the beginning of S8, IMO. Or maybe that's my wishful thinking, I see this as both ways, Sheldon being himself, but being an ass. Even with slow growth, sometimes it takes a meltdown, soul searching, and reflection to really "get it." However, if this is the case, TPTB need to plan on REALLY changing him (AND making Amy open her eyes). If these happen, I won't have as much of a problem with the finale as I do now. I'm still not against having something emotionally bad happening in Amy's life (even though she has been through the ringer, too, poor girl) to have Sheldon realize he needs to be there for her emotionally.

Thank God I start my new job next week to get my mind off this, It is going to be a loooong summer. Going to go listen to "Epiphany" again to get all my feelings out on this.

• Like 7

I feel better now...(I didnt even want to read fanfics) I want to read fanfics Again! So please please PLEASE Fanfic Writers make him suffer for It! Thats what I need to read right now ( but with a Happy ending of course) LOL

( Teoría dont give up, we all now that in The End we will have what we want, we can give up now my friends :D,but I need your fanfics!)

• Like 3

I just think that, in all of this, there was still space to give at least a hint that Amy is more than just one of his many problems. That's what bothers me. The fact that she isn't even upset at all this, indicating that for her it's normal to be just a blip on the radar, is even more upsetting. I just feel like every single time they have the chance to at the very least hint to us that Amy truly is special to him, they never do. And I don't understand why. They could achieve the exact same result while reassuring the audience that their hearts are in the right place, even if the angst is still palpable between them. 

I TOTALLY agree with this, sadly they're treating Amy like she was some kind of a complement for Sheldon not like a character herself, there are sometimes where it just feels like she's just Sheldon's girlfriend and she's there just to take all Sheldon's crap with a smile and without complaining about it and anything else :( I wish the writters change their mind about this and give her some breaktrough too, I really really want her to kick Sheldon's ass when he's back or at least demand a huge apology and as you said Koops, I want Sheldon to show her how special she's for him, we truly haven't gotten that kind of stuff since the Emergency Contact thing. But anyways I'm trying to stay positive and hoping for good things to happen in S8!

Edited by Maria KAPL
  • Like 3

I just wanted to say, in all my ranting, that don't get me wrong, I do understand Sheldon's meltdown very much. It's clear that as he goes through the episode one thing after another snaps until he just can't cope anymore. I said yesterday that this was inevitable at some point in his life and the question was whether he was going to face it alone, with his mother or with his girlfriend. I guess he chose to do it alone, and I don't blame him for that. Some were saying that it would have been pretty awful if he had lost everything and clung to Amy because he had no other option left, and, in that sense, this scenario is better, as painful as it is. At least if he does crawl back to her he will do so because he truly wants to, not because he has no other choice. 

I just think that, in all of this, there was still space to give at least a hint that Amy is more than just one of his many problems. That's what bothers me. The fact that she isn't even upset at all this, indicating that for her it's normal to be just a blip on the radar, is even more upsetting. I just feel like every single time they have the chance to at the very least hint to us that Amy truly is special to him, they never do. And I don't understand why. They could achieve the exact same result while reassuring the audience that their hearts are in the right place, even if the angst is still palpable between them. 

Since seeing his mom partaking in coitus freaked him out I figure he's going to see Meemaw because she is the one completely constant thing in his life right now.  And yeah, him leaving is the better option as opposed to him latching onto Amy like a child.

I think she's upset but just won't say that to him while their on the phone because it would just add to his stress and right now he needs to get himself together.  I think that's why she hits Leonard with the pillow and does it with a sad voice.

I bet he finally gets all his thoughts in order he'll realize Amy is truly special to him.  Or if he did go to see Meemaw she'll help him see this.

• Like 1

Isolation Permutation is my favorite TBBT episode of all time. It has the cute smile/eye coitus in the cafeteria, Sheldon and Amy were both hilarious, angry Sheldon in the cafeteria yelling at the guys, and the cuddling of course.

"Ooh, Amy! Looking sexy!"

"You think they don’t have mirrors in there? I know how I look."

• Like 8

I am watching all the awesome S7 Shamy moments. I teared up a little with the 'I like you for who you are, quirks and all'. 

It's like a hot beverage for my poor heart :') Apart from this disturbing finale and a few things in the latest episodes, S7 has been greatly great, I hope S8 brings us more of that awesomeness

Excuse me, I need a good fanfic so bad. This is going to be a loooooong summer  :cray:

EDIT:

And I completely agree, The Isolation Permutation is one of the best Shamy episodes, I love how the writters were warming things up to get us ready for Sheldon asking her to be his girlfriend :'D

And awkward cuddle and awkward drunk shameless Amy FTW!

Edited by Maria KAPL
  • Like 4

I love TIP, it's one of my top Shamy episodes and has one of my favorite Sheldons of all time. :icon_cry: Nothing is ever going to top Herb Garden though.

Herb Garden! :icon_cry: Now I need to watch that for good old times' sake.

(I can't pick a favourite to save my life, but both are very high on my list.)

I am watching all the awesome S7 Shamy moments. I teared up a little with the 'I like you for who you are, quirks and all'. 

It's like a hot beverage for my poor heart :') Apart from this disturbing finale and a few things in the latest episodes, S7 has been greatly great, I hope S8 brings us more of that awesomeness

Excuse me, I need a good fanfic so bad. This is going to be a loooooong summer  :cray:

EDIT:

And I completely agree, The Isolation Permutation is one of the best Shamy episodes, I love how the writters were warming things up to get us ready for Sheldon asking her to be his girlfriend :'D

And awkward cuddle and awkward drunk shameless Amy FTW!

The entirety of 4x01-5x10, to me, is the most brilliant, subtle, amazingly well written arc of the entire show. You can see the complete buildup in tiny tiny, almost imperceptible increments from being online friends to becoming official. It's literally a flawless arc. That's why I have so much trouble deciding upon which one is my favorite season, because to me 4x01-5x10 is like a long season.

• Like 8

The entirety of 4x01-5x10, to me, is the most brilliant, subtle, amazingly well written arc of the entire show. You can see the complete buildup in tiny tiny, almost imperceptible increments from being online friends to becoming official. It's literally a flawless arc. That's why I have so much trouble deciding upon which one is my favorite season, because to me 4x01-5x10 is like a long season.

Agree, koops. Really have nothing else to add. I also have trouble deciding which one is my favourite for the exact same reason. That's TBBT's (and Shamy's) apex as far as I'm concerned. I don't think I will ever get tired of watching those two seasons, they are just flawless imo (and I really like to rewatch things ad nauseaum, but that's another topic lol).

• Like 2

Totally and absolutely agree girl :D This girl/friend boy/friend to girlfriend and boyfirend path they builded up in season 4-5 was amazingly written. As you said the changes in every chapter are almost unnoticeable, if you look at every episode separately you'll be thinking that the won't ever be more than friends but if you put everything together you can see that there is a huuuuge growing from both sides (Amy learning what having friends is like and Sheldon learning he also can be interested in someone as intelectually as emotionally is priceless) I think the big catalist was herb germination or the zazzy substitution and then another second catalist in The isolation permutation plus a few hints dropped here and there along the season. I couldn't litteraly stop watching episodes back then xD (I started watching the show at the middle of season 6) And plus I just LOVED how Sheldon admired Amy and considered her as an equal, now she's just his girlfriend :( I sometimes think she's bothering him more than giving him good times like she used to do before (But when that happens I go and watch the SIK and the D&D over and over and I'm happy again hahahaha). Awwww you made me miss old Shamy.

Right. So. I got lured into fandom when I heard about the events of 'The Locomotive Manipulation'. I have been lured further out of lurkdom by my annoyance at the finale taping report.

Here's why I ship Sheldon and Amy: I think Parsons and Bialik are terrific together. Also, as a recovering academic, I have a weakness for stories about cerebral oddballs navigating the treacherous waters of love and sex. And the potential for a story like that lurks somewhere in Parsons and Bialik's performances, if not in the writing.

Because the writing? Makes me seriously question whether I'm supposed to root for these two to continue together in a romantic relationship. Is Amy using the pretence of caregiving to push Sheldon into a situation he doesn't want? Is Sheldon exploiting Amy's loneliness? If either of those two things is true, that's awful, let alone both.

And, look, if I'm honest, it's been a while since Doctors Fowler and Cooper seemed to enjoy each other's society.

So why continue? Bloody Parsons and Bialik, that's why. That pair could sell me my own shoes and charge me rent. Curse them.

But, chaps, there is a limit. If Season Eight returns and Sheldon comes home to a rapturous reception, with Amy clinging to his knees while he gazes loftily into the distance, I. will. throw. something.

What would I like? Yes to Amy breaking up with Sheldon. Come on now, writers. You like sending people away? You want to throw Sheldon into a tizzy? Some more? Here's your chance.

My proposition: Sheldon returns to find Leonard and Penny vaguely welcoming, but mostly wrapped up in their own affairs. Amy's addiction study has attracted media attention and/or a cover article in Nature and/or masses of funding, and she's monster busy. He holds forth about his Precious Insights or whatever. She hears him out, says 'The trip was useful, then. Good. Because I am serving you notice for termination of the relationship.'

Amy bonds with Emily over their shared love of cutting things and maybe a new geeky interest for Amy in the form of horror films? Then, by some mysterious dispensation of providence, Sheldon is Leonard's Best Man at the wedding, and Amy is Penny's Maid of Honour? And the two of them bitch and bicker and snipe and finally clear the air about everything that was one-sided and bullshitty about their relationship. You know, something along the lines of:

Sheldon: [suggests some random line of action]

Amy [tries a few times, then says 'This isn't working']

Sheldon; [Well, then, give up! That's what you do best!']

Amy: [sheldon, you know what Einstein said was the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result]

Sheldon: [Firstly, Einstein may not have said that. Secondly, I'm not insane. My mother had me tested.]

And so forth.

It wont happen, will it? Sigh. Will someone write me fic for this, then? Pretty, pretty please?

Also, someone with knowledge of neuroscience and physics, if you could dream up a way for the two of them to work together, that would be marvellous.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING! Wonderful post!

Seriously, you should have come out of lurkedom much sooner! As for the latter point of your post, I have like two or three ideas already. If only they let me write for the show... if only. That's what upsets me the most about Shamy, that there's so much to do with them IN SCIENCE that is perfectly fitting for the show, comedic and could advance their relationship that I truly don't understand why the writers waste time on this stupid push-and-pull over sex to drag things out. Give them a project to work on and keep them busy! 

• Like 3

Right. So. I got lured into fandom when I heard about the events of 'The Locomotive Manipulation'. I have been lured further out of lurkdom by my annoyance at the finale taping report.

Here's why I ship Sheldon and Amy: I think Parsons and Bialik are terrific together. Also, as a recovering academic, I have a weakness for stories about cerebral oddballs navigating the treacherous waters of love and sex. And the potential for a story like that lurks somewhere in Parsons and Bialik's performances, if not in the writing.

Because the writing? Makes me seriously question whether I'm supposed to root for these two to continue together in a romantic relationship. Is Amy using the pretence of caregiving to push Sheldon into a situation he doesn't want? Is Sheldon exploiting Amy's loneliness? If either of those two things is true, that's awful, let alone both.

And, look, if I'm honest, it's been a while since Doctors Fowler and Cooper seemed to enjoy each other's society.

So why continue? Bloody Parsons and Bialik, that's why. That pair could sell me my own shoes and charge me rent. Curse them.

But, chaps, there is a limit. If Season Eight returns and Sheldon comes home to a rapturous reception, with Amy clinging to his knees while he gazes loftily into the distance, I. will. throw. something.

What would I like? Yes to Amy breaking up with Sheldon. Come on now, writers. You like sending people away? You want to throw Sheldon into a tizzy? Some more? Here's your chance.

My proposition: Sheldon returns to find Leonard and Penny vaguely welcoming, but mostly wrapped up in their own affairs. Amy's addiction study has attracted media attention and/or a cover article in Nature and/or masses of funding, and she's monster busy. He holds forth about his Precious Insights or whatever. She hears him out, says 'The trip was useful, then. Good. Because I am serving you notice for termination of the relationship.'

Amy bonds with Emily over their shared love of cutting things and maybe a new geeky interest for Amy in the form of horror films? Then, by some mysterious dispensation of providence, Sheldon is Leonard's Best Man at the wedding, and Amy is Penny's Maid of Honour? And the two of them bitch and bicker and snipe and finally clear the air about everything that was one-sided and bullshitty about their relationship. You know, something along the lines of:

Sheldon: [suggests some random line of action]

Amy [tries a few times, then says 'This isn't working']

Sheldon; [Well, then, give up! That's what you do best!']

Amy: [sheldon, you know what Einstein said was the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result]

Sheldon: [Firstly, Einstein may not have said that. Secondly, I'm not insane. My mother had me tested.]

And so forth.

It wont happen, will it? Sigh. Will someone write me fic for this, then? Pretty, pretty please?

Also, someone with knowledge of neuroscience and physics, if you could dream up a way for the two of them to work together, that would be marvellous.

I ran out of likes, so I'm just gonna quote.

• Like 1

Actually, season 7 is my favorite except for the finale. I just can't stop watching Indecision Amalgamation, I love the butter scene, the kiss, Amy leaning against him, Raj's romantic astronomy, Leonard's joke about Penny shouldn't eat the bananas. 

We got a lot of Shamy in this season : 

- Their make-up words
- This cute little lump of wool.
- I like you for who you are, quirks and all.
- That's the most romantic thing I've ever heard.
- The coy smile (7.07)
- Smell the flowers, please.
- Ain't she great?
- Sheldon cares for you more than you think: screensaver 
- Train kiss, Amy's lips tasted like the brownie.
- Date night end with kiss.
- Sheldon's arm around Amy's shoulder when he was drunk. 

Edited by Jiab Pattira
  • Like 2

I stayed up last night reading Shamy fan fiction and ended up falling asleep before the taping report was released. So I had to wake up early for school and couldn't read the taping report until later. Not only was my day terrible, but it just got a lot worse after reading the report. I literally spent the whole day just anticipating when I would finally read the report, expecting an 'I love you' or any good Shamy moments. Everything else in the episode though didn't seem to bother me as much, I think Sheldon leaving is in character. However, it makes me mad how Amy has been treated like crap for a while now. I thought Sheldon leaving would lead to a big Shamy moment or something major at the end of the episode, but I just got pissed off when the report ended. Honestly expected a lot more; I guess that's what I get for reading fan fiction all night.  :umbrage: