The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

Here's the gif:

s4qsz8.jpg

What I didn't noticed at first was the he actually looks at her aswell, just a short glance but still. There's not much else going on in that sequence so I'm starting to think it was supposed to be played out like that and we were supposed to notice.

Yeah, if I'd seen that unspoiled, I'd think it was only a matter of time before an ILY came.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Here's the gif:

s4qsz8.jpg

What I didn't noticed at first was the he actually looks at her aswell, just a short glance but still. There's not much else going on in that sequence so I'm starting to think it was supposed to be played out like that and we were supposed to notice.

This really warms my heart and reduces the pain of no ILY in the finale.

UM WTF. HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS. Bad Shamy fan right meow.

I can now confirm I have died 4 times.

• Like 1

The fact they decided to go for the gulp from Sheldon really makes it clear that affection is what we're supposed to see. If they wanted it to be uncertain weather Sheldon was affected or not they could have gone for a liplicking, which is something that could speak for an affection but could also mean nothing as it's something Sheldon (read: Jim) does during normal circumstances.

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 9

Okay, I just had to come here and fangirl with everyone else.  So here goes:  AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!  :-D

I adored the psychic scene.  And I agree with everyone who has said that the freakout makes SO much sense.  He was clearly affected by what she said, and I too saw the glisten in his eyes and the way the wheels of acknowledgement were really turning in his head.  His squeaky voice and the way he runs off is SO much a reaction of being forced to face a truth he doesn't want to acknowledge.  Then when I think about what he says to Amy in the finale, it totally all fits together.  I was right in my assumption--It's clear to me--he's THOUGHT about it.  And the truth scares him so he storms out.  Now I REALLY can't wait for season 8!

And Mayim was adorable in the end scene.  I love that they kept Sheldon's gulp.  It's SO telling of what he's really thinking. 

• Like 8

Let us take a moment to reflect on Sheldon's gulp in the tag...

The only other time I remember he's gulped like that in Amy's presence was after he kissed her on the train...

Can we assume that's his giveaway for... arousal?

Enviado desde mi ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6040A mediante Tapatalk

• Like 9

This episode did not erase my feelings on Amy being a doormat personally, I do still feel the finale would be LOADS better if they showed her having real feelings. She isn't always going to be this saint woman who says the perfect thing to make Sheldon's world go round. It would be nice if the writers treated her like they treat Sheldon: a person. A person with high points, failures, happiness, sadness. I want to see Amy rise, I want to see her fail. I don't always want her being what Sheldon needs because she needs to have needs too. And I hope that gets recognized next season.

However, I do agree that it did make me realize that taping reports should be looked at as just spoilers because even though it annoys me when people say it you really can't say for sure on an episode until you actually watch it.

Edited by AndyRenee
  • Like 2

You guys. Sheldon teared up. I watched the episode with my dad to cheer him up and even he pointed it out immediately. I read everybody commenting about Jim's acting and what a genius he was before I got a chance to watch it myself and I was not disappointed! This entire episode was amazing. It had moments that felt very real and emotional but it mixed well with the comedy we've come to expect. I can't say enough good things.

Sheldon reacting to the psychic really hit me in the gut. It was perfect and a good lesson why I shouldn't jump to conclusions about episodes I haven't seen yet. The finale already sounds much more hopeful after seeing this and I find myself more and more sympathetic to Sheldon's problems. Feeling comfortable means a lot to my own well being. When life turns chaotic, I feel a lot like Sheldon looked while soaking in what the psychic had to say. I don't even think it's a matter of him being unwilling to let Amy into his life. It's a matter of how fast it's going (go ahead and laugh) and him not being ready. He wants to do it at his own pace by his own rules. I'm thinking about the moment in the finale when Sheldon mentions Penny living with them on a trial basis. I know it's funny and we can all laugh, but that is Sheldon finding a way to be ok with what's happening. He wants anything new to ease it's way into becoming his new normal while still relying on the comfort of old routines. It just so happens that life is throwing him a curve ball from every angle and he doesn't have time to adjust at his own pace anymore. Amy has been patient and kind, all while pushing him forward when absolutely necessary. He might not realize it (or want to understand it) yet, but she's the perfect person to have by his side right now.

I've been discouraged reading certain people in certain threads discussing alternate boyfriends for Amy as if that's even an option. Along with some of Mayim's comments about Shamy not being what makes the show go round, it had me wondering if I was too close to these characters to see their eventual demise. Taking a step back while watching tonight just reassured me that Amy and Sheldon are meant to be. They just have to work through this together. I was mad at the writers for stripping Amy of any kind of real emotional response to Sheldon leaving after the horrible things he said in the finale, but now it almost feels like they've proven a point. Amy understands him enough to know why he said those things. She loves him enough to accept that stepping outside of his regularly schedule life is what he needs to move forward on his own terms. I don't feel like she's a doormat anymore. I feel like she recognizes that Sheldon has lost a lot recently and it's time for him to figure things out. I was going to say that she recognizes this isn't about her and I do believe that, but when Sheldon comes back around, Amy is going to be the answer. He knows it. She knows it. We know it.

Oh, and yes. Gulping is definitely Sheldon's tell.

I love everything about this, and couldn't have said it better myself!

• Like 2

Let us take a moment to reflect on Sheldon's gulp in the tag...

The only other time I remember he's gulped like that in Amy's presence was after he kissed her on the train...

Can we assume that's his giveaway for... arousal?

Enviado desde mi ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6040A mediante Tapatalk

I love you so much, this made my day. Please have this as a gift. http://michygeary.tumblr.com/post/83794334662/sheldon-x-amy-gulping-inspired-by-this-post

• Like 3

Kinda wish I wasn't spoiled now because now we know that the physic and proton stuff just made Sheldon go bat crap crazy because of everything else piled on top

If the final had been about Sheldon actually admitting to Amy that she's important then I would of been happier but instead we are left with a whole lot of nothing and who knows if any of it will mean a darn thing, what with Sheldon being unable to accept change in his life

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 2

Are people expecting a quick resolution to this at the start of s8???

I would like to see it and be proven wrong but the whole point of it is that Sheldon hates all the changes going on and IMO he's not gonna come back magically all ok

I'm expecting/kinda hoping s8 to start off with a few episodes of Sheldon on his own, like Howard in space, Leonard at sea, and him communicating with the gang via phone calls or Skype or something - he can talk to random people on the train like he mentioned in Workplace, maybe they can give him other perspectives idk but I don't expect a huge 180 from him at the end of all this- maybe just an understanding that change will happen eventually whether he wants it or not (regarding living arrangements etc.) Edited by tbhf
  • Like 1