The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

OK trying really hard to ignore the final and my immense dislike of it

Jim and Mayim were great in last nights episode, sad emotions and all that and the uniform thing was the one Lol I did

I hope that something good comes out of all this but I think it will be slow process and I'm not sure if my poor shamy shipper heart can take it :(

Oh I know Rachel. I understand your concern. It's not like this episode brushed away the finale and it's all sunshine and rainbows again for me. Actually, I think I could look up a post of mine from a year ago and I would have the exact same complaints, especially when it comes to Amy.

I am willing to wait a bit more and see how it goes. I don't think I will watch the last two episodes for a bit. But come season 8 I need some answers and reassurance or otherwise it's just not worth it. Not for me, anyway.

• Like 4

I'd like to know how they will resolve all his problems and his relationship with Amy and that's the main thing for me

Cliffhangers, pah!

Oh I hear you on this.  My rampant impatience is what's going to drive me nuts.  Assuming the earliest taping date for the new season (based on last year) is August 19th, that's 97 freaken days between the airing of the finale for season 7 to the next possible tidbit of an incling of what's to come. That wait is going to drive me.... bat shit crazy *lol*

Edited by CaffeineBuzz
  • Like 1

Well now I see the three lost months in the beginning of the winter semester as a good thing cause I will work my ass off until July so I will be busy. But I know Shamy episides will be rewatched again and again so that will take my mind off the cliffhanger (I guess).When things get too tough there's always Herb Garden.

• Like 2

Oh I hear you on this.  My rampant impatience is what's going to drive me nuts.  Assuming the earliest taping date for the new season (based on last year) is August 19th, that's 97 freaken days between the airing of the finale for season 7 to the next possible tidbit of an incling of what's to come. That wait is going to drive me.... bat shit crazy *lol*

Wait. That isn't that bad. Less than 100. 

• Like 4

Well since we all like to read spoilers I think it's safe to say we're not very big on patience xD.

I also love watching old episodes to pass the time. I guess I could also get into reading fanfics and maybe even try writing a couple. I'd love to write about Sheldon's little train Oddysey.

Enviado desde mi ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6040A mediante Tapatalk

Wait. That isn't that bad. Less than 100. 

Yup I just calculated that there's exactly 96 episodes from when Amy was introduced at the end of season 3 to the end of season 7, so yay one episode per day *lol*  Plus its summer so I'm sure I'll find other stuff to occupy my mind :p

• Like 4

Yup I just calculated that there's exactly 96 episodes from when Amy was introduced at the end of season 3 to the end of season 7, so yay one episode per day *lol*  Plus its summer so I'm sure I'll find other stuff to occupy my mind :p

TATS  a great idea!!

• Like 1

Ask me on day 48 and see how I am feeling. I'll probably be ready to rip out my own hair.

• Like 4

I honestly thought that the last episode  in season 7 would have Sheldon and Amy kiss again ...but this time "french" kiss or have Amy leave for some kind of experimental project over the summer. Never expected Sheldon to "run away". 80  

I honestly thought that the last episode  in season 7 would have Sheldon and Amy kiss again ...but this time "french" kiss or have Amy leave for some kind of experimental project over the summer. Never expected Sheldon to "run away". 80  

I think a lot of us did expect a kiss too, if nothing else, that at the very least. :(

• Like 1

After reading pages of posts about the finale taping report, there isn't much left to say for me. Pretty much everything has been said already. Thank you guys for such amazing and insightful posts you have written, Lio, Koops and many others. They helped me to peruse through all the information we have had from the finale taping and have different viewpoints to look at things from. I can no way answer all the problems and questions we have, just some limited thoughts and narrow viewpoints. But I'll give a try.
And I agree with many points raised that first of all, this is a problem with writing and storytelling, how they have written the show these days. Writers should go and have serious thinking about how they have handled every character and especially Sheldon and Amy this season and in finale in particular. This is the problem first and foremost, and it then produces incontinuity in storytelling and that characters are so many times way too out of character. And I agree about the difference in Shamy dynamic beginning from season6. I think the problem lies also in writing management like Koops said, when we compare this season and s6 to the previous ones with Shamy. I'm not accusing or judging anyone of the writers; just my opinion in general and I think we are allowed to constructive criticism. I agree the writers would have many other, more convenient and to say more plausible possibilities to handle the finale, yet they didn't go there. I think there will be discussions when they hear how the fanbase reacts to it after time it airs.

Having said this, I haven't given up hope. Yet. I have hope for Shamy relationship in the future, yet. Maybe I'm naive saying this, but I think there is still hope left. At least I feel so. And definitely I'm going to wait how those scenes play out on screen before final judgement. I love them way too much to give up yet, although I totally understand why some people feel because of the same reason they have to withdraw for a while from the show now. Everyone has to do as they feel is the best for them.

But if I look this all from the point of storytelling only, I might see and understand why Sheldon behaved like he did. I, in no way, justify him doing what he did and I'm not giving any excuses for him leaving and treating Amy like that. I feel based on the report that Sheldon's demeanor in the scene at Amy's place came across very mean behaviour towards Amy, and I no way accept that. I love Amy too much to accept a behaviour like that towards her, and have never accepted. I agree many things in their relationship are just in very unhealthy dynamic right now. But I can say, at least I may, at some level, understand why he reacted that way and said what he said. (And I understand that breaking them up for a while could be one possible way to handle the situation and bring back the balance to the relationship that they once had. Sheldon should remember, that first and foremost he is in this situation with Amy now, because he wanted to be her boyfriend in the first place. I can't believe, knowing who he is, he wouldn't have give a thought about it beforehand where this all might lead. So he can't really blame Amy. She was dating Stuart and would possibly (?) had smoother road with him.)

Being an introvert that he is, and having a very complex personality type, sometimes in an extreme situations people with a personality like his will do extreme things, like an inexplicable withdrawal from the reality and current life Sheldon is about to do in the finale. Not that they plan them - when things are losing out of control, they function in a way they normally won't. It is an inbuild mechanism and a coping strategy in their personality structure.  He has been a man of extremes as longs as we have known him. And having those irrational fears he have had, causes him to function irrationally in situations that seem to lost their all predictability and sense. And I think Sheldon is feeling exactly like that right now and explains some of his behaviour in the episode. Has he developed yet his own strategy to get over for a meltdown like this (in a rational way)? No, because this is a whole new situation for him, he hasn't dealed a meltdown this big before and is having hard time doing so, so everything is coming from the level of knee-jerk reaction and from the personality structure.

What he can't see is that his fears are deluding him and leading him astray, away from the solution of his problems. At times he is believing and listening his fears more than his true feelings for Amy, and as he does, he starts losing it. I see that he has one heck of a battle going on right now with fear and denial of current state of things in his life. And I think it is also a battle of his conceptions and attitudes as well he is going through. He has to change his thinking he has always perceived things. It is going to be hard that he has been wrong all the time about many things in his life.

We know all the problems he is now facing and the fear that seems to overwhelm him now. It seems he can't win all his fears only by himself; he needs to surrender from his pride and deal with his problems with the person who loves him, frankly and openly. And I think the fear hasn't won the battle yet. It does only if he chooses willingly to regress and lock himself away for good. F.e.a.r. is hard and difficult to beat since it is usually, and in Sheldon's case too, rooting in one's mind to the fact that Falce Evidence are Appearing Real to the perceiver. A fear usually starts rooting from hurt and deceit to mind's ground, from a lie or from an incorrect and false conclusions, and that an individual starts accepting those thoughts as undeniable facts and truthts that can't be proven as false evidence. That is the deception of irrational fears, and I'm not talking now about healthy fear that protects you from falling from a cliff etc. I think he has whole scale of fears, but life changes and losing control and predictability in life are among the strongest ones.

That is how fear works - it might blind one and here Sheldon's case, blind him to perceive good things in a twisted manner, and that is the very problem. Fear might be whispering to his ear that those things that life might offer with Amy (physical intimacy, love, marriage, etc) and which he is very deeply intrigued by now (and were formerly strightly against them), the deceit of fear is that he thinks they still might just be some sort of a deception that he can't control, or the fear is telling him that they are just plain nonsense, hoax and scam to delude him astray "from the right path" he should or had been destined in his mind to be taking and he should immediately withdraw himself from all of that. And if he surrenders to all this, everything will or might go all wrong in his life, is his biggest fear. And that is the error that lurks in his mind. (He might think those things might turn him into hippie. They might steal for him everything "good" he has in life, or turn him to an average person. Or whatever irrational thoughts he might have of them....) We know the truth is actually quite the opposite, and that this is a life changing matter to him. And a part of him might already know those fears are not true. But fear also hinders him to see things without a wrong twist or accept any solutions, because he is fearing the solution itself so much he is pushing it even further aside and the tailspin is ready.
So it is good that he is facing the reality that it is quite the opposite - good things will start happen, once he commits himself to Amy. He will find that the aswer was there all the time in the midst of these difficulties he is facing. Amy were there all the time beside him. He had built some important structures of his perceptions based on a lie, on false evidence. He will be understanding this when he gets there.

From a long, long time ago, these falce evidence appearing real, also known as fears, rooted to him, whatever happened in his childhood that enabled these fears to grow, and he built defence mechanisms to protect himself and keep everything safe around him. But now that we can see, all of those walls he has built around him, are collapsing one by one. He is just reluctant to leave this all behind him, let it go. He is afraid to let go. All that he has been building upon, seems to collapse around him. He is, in some way, like a child who is fighting aggressively against these changes he can't control, and he is by all his might and power holding the last straws he has left, even to the last point. I think, there is no returning from here for Sheldon to the old. He can't come back withouth changing.

Sheldon has his sweet, vulnerable side and soft spot, that we so rarely see, which Amy has been able to experience and see only a little bit. But I think she sees it there down somewhere. Maybe and hopefully, Sheldon will be cabable to show that side of him to Amy after his defence mechanisms and fears have been dealth with. I believe, after all this he can be the man he wants to be with her. That man can be, I believe, sweet and loving life companion, partner, and a husband. And that is what Amy has faith and believes in him, because she sees that, although that all material is buried somewhere behind this all now. But it is there.

Sorry for this long rant. :p I hope if this helped anyone, this post has reached its point. It is just my perception of things, some might think it other way, it's the way I see the things now.

Edited by Catlina
  • Like 7

Well I watched the Anything Can Happen and I have to say that the scenes you guys mentioned really stand out. But just let me say first that I have much much respect for Jim and Mayim cause they are really talented and hard working to get such results!! They deserve this

alltheawards_zpsb68d8e0c.gif

As for the episode itself I really enjoyed Howard and Raj and I love Raj's dynamic with Emily. But seriously who gets turned on by that stuff. It was a bit weird but I don't find it such a horrible thing. I hope she becomes a good friend of Amy. Tbh I was kind of annoyed with Penny tonight. I mean it was pretty low to call Howard. I get she was upset but that wasn't cool at all. So, I'd love it if Amy came closer with Emily and Penny got a little jealous. I was hoping that would happen with Amy and Howard and that Penny and Raj would get jealous and try to gain their besties back. Well, that didn't happen but Amy and Emily got on really well at first plus Emily likes to cut things so she could totally visit Amy at work and have a blust :p

Omg how adorable was Sheldon when he tried to put on that hat!!!! Awww the cuteness!!!!!! And Amy saying to Leonard she thinks it's weird lol I loved it!!!! I still don't like at all Amy confessing she is jealous of Penny's and Sheldon's relationship but as someone pointed out it was nice to know Amy's feelings at once. I think Amy's little confession along with the psychic's prediction are the base on which season 8 will unravel for Shamy. And now it makes more sense why they made that point so much obvious.

Speaking about the psyhic. Did anyone else noticed how Sheldon said that this is malarkey and he reserves that word only for when it's needed?? Well, he did refer to Amy's experiment at TLA as malarkey and we all know how that ended up. That whole scene was wonderful!!! Omg Penny was fangirling like crazy!! Even the psychic was excited when she realized he should himself to Amy. She is a Shamy too!! Lol someone should gif it and write something about her being a secret Shamy or something lol.

The school girl outfit. THE GULP!!THEY KEPT THE GULP!!!! He was clearly CLEARLY affected by her and I think it was in a physical way.

All in all it was a funny episode. I laughed with Sheldon banging on the glass asking ''why did you lie to us'' and I am always a sucker for Amy/Bernie friendship.

Soory, about that post being a little off topic I just didn't feel like posting it on the episode thread haven't even read it yet.

• Like 6

I liked the "anything can happen" episode. It had humour, touching scenes( if you looked carefully) and even sexual(?) attraction ( again, if you paid attention). What I would have LOVED is some form of continuation of the last scene! However, I understand now why it was just left at that.In order for Sheldon to take off ... the relationship has to chill out otherwise it wouldn't make any sense. All great couples either took a long time to finally get it together or broke up in the midst of things. It makes everything so much sweeter later. And we know they are getting together in the end. Amy clearly stated in season 6 episode 2 that she has Sheldon on a 4 year plan till they get married WHICH means a season 10 wedding. I'm sure the writer's don't throw such hints here and there for nothing. So for all us "Shamy shippers"... hold on tight... :girlsmile:

Edited by Kelli
  • Like 5

As upsetting as the finale is going to be... it's still not as bad as the ST: Voyager series finale which aired in 2001 and I'm still peeved at :( . We know that the show has more years to come and this moment is just a small hiccup for Shamy. If this was the series finale, I would be throwing things at my tv right now lol

I can't remember which episode it was but Amy did mention that Sheldon was a flight risk. Amy knows how Sheldon reactions to things and I would assume that is why she doesn't seem surprised when he takes off. I'm going to keep thinking positive thoughts and hope that Amy does get a lilttle more firm with Sheldon. She's a warm, caring and intelligent woman and it's time that Sheldon acknowledges that.

I still think Shamy is end game but right now Sheldon should have to prove that he is worthy of being her boyfriend. One that knows Amy as well as Amy know him.

• Like 5

A lot of us have been peeved at the finale.. but I guess when season Eight airs and we see it all play out it will be for the best? We may even be grateful about the plot of the finale? Idk.. Just trying to stay positive!! This is going to be a looong 97 days... I've seriously been considering crawling into a hole and just hibernating until the new season starts. Yes, television is my life...post-15392-139847251485_thumb.jpg

• Like 1