The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

A lot of us have been peeved at the finale.. but I guess when season Eight airs and we see it all play out it will be for the best? We may even be grateful about the plot of the finale? Idk.. Just trying to stay positive!! This is going to be a looong 97 days... I've seriously been considering crawling into a hole and just hibernating until the new season starts. Yes, television is my life...attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1398472506.928790.jpg

I hope it's all for the best as well. This is seriously going to be the longest summer ever. TV is pretty much all i have outside of work and school because my boyfriend and i work opposite schedules.

Bbt is seriously the only show i follow(everything else is history or discovery channel) so in the mean time I'm going to have to either find something else to watch or hide in my room with all my DVDs.

• Like 2

The Anything Can Happen Reoccurrence made me feel 10x better about everything. The writers may have taken away our Shamy for the summer, but next season they're going to throw it right back. And it'll be better than ever! :)

Edited by Puppy Tornado
  • Like 4

I liked the "anything can happen" episode. It had humour, touching scenes( if you looked carefully) and even sexual(?) attraction ( again, if you paid attention). What I would have LOVED is some form of continuation of the last scene! However, I understand now why it was just left at that.In order for Sheldon to take off ... the relationship has to chill out otherwise it wouldn't make any sense. All great couples either took a long time to finally get it together or broke up in the midst of things. It makes everything so much sweeter later. And we know they are getting together in the end. Amy clearly stated in season 6 episode 2 that she has Sheldon on a 4 year plan till the get married WHICH means a season 10 wedding. I'm sure the writer's don't throw such hints here and there for nothing. So for all us "Shamy shippers"... hold on tight... :girlsmile:

She started on 5 x 23. For me, it is one of the best SHAMY episodes! Amy began her plan in this episode. Just remember the chat between Sheldon and Leonard, while they were playing 3D chess! GREAT!!!!

• Like 1

They won't be throwing it right back, Sheldon needs to work out his issues and it would be unrealistic if we didn't see that process

IF they start s8 with everything all OK, I will be flipping tables myself!

I think there will be a lot of angst at the beginning of season 8.

• Like 3

Yup I agree :) I think that although S7 is over this story arc is obviously not, I hope they wrap it up in the first couple of S8 episodes (I can see an special of one hour for the premiere, just like this season) This week's episode highed my hopes up :D They're totally going somewhere with this, All the things the psychic told Sheldon and his reaction are not there just because (and to top it they put the GULP! <3) The freak out started just this episode, it will explode in the finale and hopefully it will come to an end S8. After thinking about it, I've decided I prefer things this way, if they ended the freak out in the finale maybe it would have looked weird and rushed up, this cliffhanger has given the writters some time to cook up better whatever they wanted to do with Sheldon and I hope they cook it good ;D We'll see the finale we all wanted and maybe it will be better than we expected but it'll be in season 8.

This is going to be the longest summer EVER. But I think the wait will be totally worth it 

Edited by Maria KAPL
  • Like 3

Yup I agree :) I think that although S7 is over this story arc is obviously not, I hope they wrap it up in the first couple of S8 episodes (I can see an special of one hour for the premiere, just like this season) This week's episode highed my hopes up :D They're totally going somewhere with this, All the things the psychic told Sheldon and his reaction are not there just because (and to top it they put the GULP! <3) The freak out started just this episode, it will explode in the finale and hopefully it will come to an end S8. After thinking about it, I've decided I prefer things this way, if they ended the freak out in the finale maybe it would have looked weird and rushed up, this cliffhanger has given the writters some time to cook up better whatever they wanted to do with Sheldon and I hope they cook it good ;D We'll see the finale we all wanted and maybe it will be better than we expected but it'll be in season 8.

This is going to be the longest summer EVER. But I think the wait will be totally worth it 

yeah,,,, longest summer ever

Just popping my head in to say hi! :) And while I haven't had a chance to read through all the pages since I last checked this thread, I just want to say that I truly love this thread more and more. I'm really enjoying everyone's analyses and speculations.

I haven't watched the ep, but I did see the psychic scene and the schoolgirl scene online. I completely agreed that Jim knocked the ball completely out of the park in that psychic scene. I don't think we've ever seen Sheldon look like that, that was some raw emotion there. From the moment the psychic starts telling him he needs to give himself to her, Sheldon huffs but it's so not his usual huff of annoyance. It was a pained huff of "Please don't say it. I know and I can't bear to hear it", a huff that seemed full of self-awareness to me. And that pause before he snaps out of it and delivers the malarkey line was incredible. It was long, which means it was intentional, and the look on his face to me was completely the look of someone who knows where his shortcomings are and is agonizing over it. It wasn't a Sheldon that snapped because he believed it was nonsense, it was a Sheldon that snapped because he knew it was true and he managed to snap himself out of that moment of pain and guilt just soon enough not to betray his indifferent exterior in front of others. That was so the first crack in his emotional armour I think we've ever seen, other than the scene at the bar in 6x07.

And if the psychic scene was the crack in the emotional armour, the schoolgirl scene was the crack in the sexual armour. I can't believe the gulp was real, after all, and so damn evident. It's not just the gulp, it's also the way he looks up and down at her several times. After hearing some rumors that the gulp wasn't intentional and it was just Jim trying to stay IC, I had given up on the idea that that scene was anything more than a rehash of Snow White, but this was so not "I heard you the first time" at all.

Anyway, I was pleased with these two scenes. I don't know if they are meant to lead somewhere in the future or if it was just the way Jim and Mayim decided to play it... but nonetheless, they do such an incredible job, these two. Wowbagger was so right the other day: they could sell me a shoe and I'd eat it, they're that good.

I wonder if Sheldon was remembering what she looked like under that skirt since he had bathed her before in "Fish Guts".

• Like 2

I wonder if Sheldon was remembering what she looked like under that skirt since he had bathed her before in "Fish Guts".

Or in Parking Spot Escalation, when she showed off her bikini wax. Then again, maybe he couldn't see that much -- because "boy, that's a lot of Band-Aids!"

• Like 3

I really don't understand why some people are still on that. Leonard and Penny are meant to be together as well as Shamy. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww-HpwkeHZ4

I was very annoyed when I heard that lady said "it would be fun, it would be different, if those two ended up together", ugh. 

To quote Jim "I literally do not have enough imagination to figure out how that would ever happen" 

• Like 5

I really don't understand why some people are still on that. Leonard and Penny are meant to be together as well as Shamy. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww-HpwkeHZ4

I was very annoyed when I heard that lady said "it would be fun, it would be different, if those two ended up together", ugh. 

To quote Jim "I literally do not have enough imagination to figure out how that would ever happen" 

You know Jim wants to say, "are you out of your ever effing mind?" but he's too nice to say that, hahaha.

• Like 5

Lol, yeah Jim's silence at 2.03 is just epic! I wonder how many curses went through his mind.

It hurts to see someone doing this to our beloved captain ):

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 4

I like this video very much. Not only Jim said there's never been any indication of sexual attraction between Sheldon and Penny, but he also predicted the Shamy. 

The gulp we saw in Anything Can Happen episode is an evidence of what Jim said about the special lady with a frying pan "you're attracted to me".
  • Like 2