The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

Ok...read 7.03 and trying to not over react but can Molaro ever get over his obsession with putting Penny and Sheldon in scenes together all the time? This episode had prime opportunity to be cute and funny, but instead you have snarky Lenny and Shamy don't even exist in it and the scene between Amy/Howard is pointless and stupid. It is a real let down from what I can tell so far.

My feelings exactly.

Sheldon and penny paired together again.

Not shocked.

A huge letdown.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In every taping report the language of the Strawberry Quik scene is a little different, so I don't know which one is the most accurate, but the overall sense I get from the exchange is that Sheldon li

About the kiss (they showed it to us!) *he put his hands on her waist when he moved his body closer to hers. *he said, "good" after she said, "that was nice." * he spoke as if he was going to fai

Posted Images

First of I'm very thankful to Roxanne and her friend Alexandra that we got a taping report of this complex episode. It surely isn't an easy task to write a report of a taping with so many different angles and scenes and takes on it. She did a great job with it.
I have very mixed feelings too about this episode according the report. On the other hand I understand 1) it's only a taping report although how carefully written, it is never the same how it will play out on screen 2) there are missing scenes at the moment we are not aware of. But I'm a bit confused and concerned too about this Sheldon & Penny thing, third episode in a row on this season. I don't get the point of it. I understand that maybe the writers' point is to bring a lot of comedy to the show with Sheldon and Penny arguing together, their characters have indeed much comedic potential together.  But I'm afraid too that if they continue it too far things might get out of balance at some point and turn out to be unbalanced. I don't know how it would affect to the show if they continued this. Have their friendship been so great that it is worth to present and deal with it so much?  And yes, I miss Shamy too. I can't be too objective and look the show from that point of view. I really miss good Shamy scenes/episodes.
On the other hand, I try not to be too negative about an episode which I have not yet seen, and expect good about it. I try to understand and see the point of the writers, maybe they just try and want to put the emphasis on comedy values here, and that the entire cast is there together. Maybe it's all about the balance, how these episodes will play out when we see them on screen. I'm hoping the best, good balance to the show. Good comedic balance and balance between characters. 

• Like 1

It is the season of penny. Everybody else will be lucky to get lines. Including Jim.

The only hope for a Shamy episode is to make at least 40% about Penny.

Early morning negativity... It would have been more fun if Raj had been with Sheldon.

It is the season of penny. Everybody else will be lucky to get lines. Including Jim.

The only hope for a Shamy episode is to make at least 40% about Penny.

Early morning negativity... It would have been more fun if Raj had been with Sheldon.

Sarcasm? Or genuine belief this will happen?

First of I'm very thankful to Roxanne and her friend Alexandra that we got a taping report of this complex episode. It surely isn't an easy task to write a report of a taping with so many different angles and scenes and takes on it. She did a great job with it.

I have very mixed feelings too about this episode according the report. On the other hand I understand 1) it's only a taping report although how carefully written, it is never the same how it will play out on screen 2) there are missing scenes at the moment we are not aware of. But I'm a bit confused and concerned too about this Sheldon & Penny thing, third episode in a row on this season. I don't get the point of it. I understand that maybe the writers' point is to bring a lot of comedy to the show with Sheldon and Penny arguing together, their characters have indeed much comedic potential together.  But I'm afraid too that if they continue it too far things might get out of balance at some point and turn out to be unbalanced. I don't know how it would affect to the show if they continued this. Have their friendship been so great that it is worth to present and deal with it so much?  And yes, I miss Shamy too. I can't be too objective and look the show from that point of view. I really miss good Shamy scenes/episodes.

On the other hand, I try not to be too negative about an episode which I have not yet seen, and expect good about it. I try to understand and see the point of the writers, maybe they just try and want to put the emphasis on comedy values here, and that the entire cast is there together. Maybe it's all about the balance, how these episodes will play out when we see them on screen. I'm hoping the best, good balance to the show. Good comedic balance and balance between characters.

How is this the 3rd episode in a row with S/P? The 2nd episode, while there is some interaction and dialog between Sheldon and Penny, is really about Sheldon and Leonard, plus the whole Howard/estrogen cream thing.

I keep wondering why people insist n reading apocalyptic doom into every little detail, just because there's no big Shamy scene or romantic storyline in every episode.

We all know that if there's gong to be something big between Sheldn and Amy, it ain't gonna be happening before sweeps.. In the meantime, they're just wanting t tell sme fun stories, and I think that this one seems like it's going to be a lot if fun.

IMO.

Sarcasm? Or genuine belief this will happen?

Just judging by the taping reports, the episodes seem Penny-centric with the rest fighting for scraps.

But we don't know about what else is in episode 3. It might be very balanced.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Just judging by the taping reports, the episodes seem Penny-centric with the rest fighting for scraps.

But we don't know about what else is in episode 3. It might be very balanced.

agreed. I'm ok with Penny centric episodes, but S6 was pretty Penny-centric and the first 3 are also Penny centric, at least by the taping reports. I wish it could be more balanced.

• Like 1

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

How is Ep2 Penny-centric?

she is the center of the conflict. Leonard wants to be with Penny and decides to hide from Sheldon. She is the point of conflict between Sheldon and Leonard.

she is the center of the conflict. Leonard wants to be with Penny and decides to hide from Sheldon. She is the point of conflict between Sheldon and Leonard.

No, the point of conflict between Leonard and Sheldon is that Leonard "lied" to SHeldon about being back, and so Sheldon claims that Leonard can't be trusted and then takes everything that Leonard says to be a potential lie, even when Leonard says he's sick of Sheldon and even when he gives SHeldon the finger, etc.

And the B plot is Howard and his estrogen poisoning.

My 2 cents on the eps (I don't go into the spoilers thread anymore because I have no time for debates, but I found the report).

I wasn't far off when I called the murder mystery! In any case, there's no reason to panic because this is episode 3. It's hardly like episode 3 is the pinnacle of eventfulness in a season, come on. It's obvious they are keeping the couples apart for a reason. I'd rather not to see any Shamy interaction than what we got at the end of last season, to be honest. The only thing is... they can't just stall them forever and ignore the passage of time as if the relationship were on pause off-screen. I wonder how they are going to address their relationship in sweeps, given that, again, there is no way a couple has pretend sex and goes back to normal.

However, I have to say it seems that there is a bit of an overdose of S/P scenes right now (well, it kind of started with the end of last season already, really). I mean, even if you wanted to keep the couples separate, since when does Amy reject the opportunity to team up with Penny? They could have mixed it up a bit differently, have Sheldon with Bernadette or something. We know how Shenny interact, it would have been nice to see Sheldon with some character he doesn't interact as much with, for a change. This sounds so repetitive. Penny says something, Sheldon insults her intelligence... repeat. So much for Shenny bonding over the summer, lol. We're already back to business as usual. But I guess they wanted Howard and Amy together, and if they had had Sheldon with Bernie, Leonard would have to be with Penny. So it was kind of inevitable to have these pairings. 

Sheldon and the jigsaw puzzle from the corners made me laugh so much though... yet another thing we have in common. LOL.

eta: Actually, thinking about it, it's a good thing Amy doesn't want to team with Penny. Brings back good ol' condescending Amy. The Penny crush era is most definitely over and good riddance to that.

Edited by koops
  • Like 7

I just wait to see the Amy/Howard whole story before giving my full opinion. Here is the first part:

+ : I love when the whole cast is involved. Sometimes it's great to put the relationship on the corner and have some good old BBT plot. I trust the cast and I'm sure it will be a great comedic moment!

- : There is too much Leonard/Penny/Sheldon focus. We had the first two episodes only for them. It's time to skip this and introduce something new. I'm ok wit S/L/P plot as they are the 3 main characters but they can at least alternate the episodes where they are the central spot with some novel one. The new pairing idea was really interesting but there is nothing new with S/P, not even their interaction which seems redundant like koops pointed it out. Leonard and Bernadette could be very innovating but, again, I feel like there is no meaningful interaction between them because all their interactions are based on Penny Penny Penny  ( Zzz  -_- ) . Sheldon/Bernadette would be a much more interesting pairing I guess.  Bernadette is the only one putting Sheldon in his place; I’d love to see that again.  I’m also sad for Raj. Where is Raj ? Penny/Raj together could be very sweet. Now that Raj has overcome his mutism, I’m curious about the way he truly behaves with girls. He was a jerk under the influence of alcohol. Is he different now ?

I’m not bothered by the lack of Shamy (for now) . It’s only the 3rd ep, we have time. I want them to continue the path taken with the second ep and maybe something surprising but well-constructed over the episodes (like the first half of S6) around the 10th episode.  The development is long and sometimes is hard to still patient but it must be up to our expectations. However I agree, they need to show us the progress they have made in 6.23. It’s even better if it’s still subtle like when Amy is leaning on him in 7.02.

I don’t know what they have planned for Amy and Howard. It seems like they’re getting on well and it’s great but I don’t know why, I want Amy to belittle Howard, be a bit mischievous with him like Sheldon is. That a good way to remember us how Sheldon and Amy are similar.

Edited by Redrose
  • Like 4

So Sheldon puts on the cap, and Leonard and Penny both say, "Ooooh, yeah!" and Amy stands up slowly and says, "Hellloooooo, sailor!" 

Sheldon, still looking mad, says, "Be right back." and struts off to Penny's bathroom to look at himself. 

He walks back and says, "THIS CHANGES NOTHING. ...except my Halloween costume for this year." and walks out. He quickly turns around and says, "Amy! You're going to be Olive Oyl. Lay off the donuts!" and walks off.

" Olive and Popeye actually hated each other when they first met (her first words to him were "Take your hooks offa me or I'll lay ya in a scupper"), but instead fought bitterly---and hilariously---for weeks until finally realizing that they had feelings for each other."  

"She constantly gets kidnapped by Bluto (aka Brutus), who is Popeye's archrival for her affections, and when she gets angry with Popeye for whatever goes wrong, it's usually Bluto's doing. But Popeye always rescues her, winning her affection in the end."  (Wikipedia)

Interesting choice Sheldon... If he now thinks they could make a good couple's costumes with Popeye and Olive Oyl, then who could  be Brutus? :) Just throwing it here...  

"They all start to walk down the staircase in silence, and Amy says, "I also had a donut for breakfast, you jerk."" 

I don't know how seriously did she take his comment about her being the Olive Oyl. I also wonder how Amy took what Sheldon said to her about laying off the donuts. She could have been happy about romantic couple pairing for Halloween. Also she could have taken the donut comment a bit offensive. Clearly she defends herself and doesn't allow Sheldon to behave anyway he wants to. 

Btw, I love this Cartoon of Popeye and Olive :)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue_xkE62Qx0

Edited by Catlina
  • Like 2