The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

Hmmm. I'd like to see Sheldon, sitting wherever he is after he speaks to Amy at the end, looking at his phone. The camera angle switches & the viewer sees that he's looking at a picture of Amy. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Sheldon will always just be Sheldon... I'm sure he will change some proroties and ways of thinking by the time he gets back...

But it's important to remember they can't change his charecter to much. We still want Sheldon to be Sheldon after all, that's what we love about him!. I can't imagine balancing new and old Sheldon into to something that all audiences will be happy with will be an easy task.

They will develop him though. I'm sure of it.

• Like 7

Ahaha, oh I would LOVE a secret scene for the tag.

What I would envision is something really simple. Right after we see Amy pummel Leonard with a pillow, it cuts to Sheldon on the train hanging up his phone, where he looks down at the picture of Amy. You see him briefly touch her picture with his finger and then it cuts back to his face as he looks out the window.

I think that would be really sweet and kind of recalls the episode with Amy as his screen saver. Just another reminder that Amy has a huge presence in Sheldon's life that he really does treasure, even if he can't find the words.

This is pretty much exactly image for image what I picture and would love to see if we were to get a scene. If there was one, I think it would have to be of Sheldon, since he's not already in the tag that was filmed in front of the audience. It would be difficult to add something with Amy (although I would like that very much) so I think if they were to add on, it would have to be Sheldon on a train.

Another thing that would be interesting is if Sheldon hangs up the phone and looks up and he's somewhere very, very far away. Like New York or Boston or something. Since the phone call takes place at least another day after his departure, maybe a few, it'd be interesting to see where he wound up. 

Edited by MichyGeary
  • Like 5

This is pretty much exactly image for image what I picture and would love to see if we were to get a scene. If there was one, I think it would have to be of Sheldon, since he's not already in the tag that was filmed in front of the audience. It would be difficult to add something with Amy (although I would like that very much) so I think if they were to add on, it would have to be Sheldon on a train.

Another thing that would be interesting is if Sheldon hangs up the phone and looks up and he's somewhere very, very far away. Like New York or Boston or something. Since the phone takes place at least another day after his departure, maybe a few, it'd be interesting to see where he wound up. 

Yes! I would love for them to tease where he ended up. Even if there is a secret scene, I can't really imagine it being sappy. I think some of you guys are right in thinking they could reveal that Amy is the wallpaper/home picture on Sheldon's phone. That would be a great last ditch effort to give the Shamy fans something to hold on to until S8.

We're all sad that Sheldon left, but I don't think it would make much sense to show him feeling sad about his decision. I believe he's very confused and overwhelmed by all the happenings in his life, but I don't think he boarded a train so he can cry or mope over how much he misses Amy. Realistically, his head is in a very selfish place and he's probably relieved to be removed from all the people who had a hand in changing his cozy lifestyle; Amy being the head of all this chaos. To me, the fact that he called to let her know he was ok is sweet in itself. If there is a secret scene that doubly confirms Amy's place in his heart despite his need to be alone, that would be amazing, but her picture predominantly on his cell phone is as far as I see it going.

• Like 5

Yes! I would love for them to tease where he ended up. Even if there is a secret scene, I can't really imagine it being sappy. I think some of you guys are right in thinking they could reveal that Amy is the wallpaper/home picture on Sheldon's phone. That would be a great last ditch effort to give the Shamy fans something to hold on to until S8.

We're all sad that Sheldon left, but I don't think it would make much sense to show him feeling sad about his decision. I believe he's very confused and overwhelmed by all the happenings in his life, but I don't think he boarded a train so he can cry or mope over how much he misses Amy. Realistically, his head is in a very selfish place and he's probably relieved to be removed from all the people who had a hand in changing his cozy lifestyle; Amy being the head of all this chaos. To me, the fact that he called to let her know he was ok is sweet in itself. If there is a secret scene that doubly confirms Amy's place in his heart despite his need to be alone, that would be amazing, but her picture predominantly on his cell phone is as far as I see it going.

I agree with you totally. Moreover, it would seem to me like a stopgap scene. That is to say, we have taken away the cake from you, but we give you a sop!

Mmmmm well if there were a secret scene next week I actually wouldn't be very greedy about its content, I would be happy as heck just with showing Sheldon after his phone conversation with Amy, as many of you said, it would be nice showing him looking at the Amy screensaver with a sad look, or just showing just him with a sad look after hanging up, No need of screensaver after all, just with knowing that Sheldon is not happy wherever he is and that he misses his home and Amy my little fangirl heart would be warmed up <3   

Awwww I really really wish they tapped something else apart from what they showed :'( My hopes remain very low but hell a girl can dream after all xD

And btw have you guys seen THIS?

I just found it in YouTube this morning and OH GOD xD It's a 7x21 promo from some UK Channel maybe?

They really know how to play with our minds! This is sooo far away from the truth and yet I can't help but sigh a little bit at it, I specially love how they emphasized Sheldon's gulp! I think it confirms that Jim made the gulp on purpose :'D

Edited by Maria KAPL
  • Like 9

I just found it in YouTube this morning and OH GOD xD It's a 7x21 promo from some UK Channel maybe?

They really know how to play with our minds! This is sooo far away from the truth but I can't help but sigh a little bit at it, I specially love how they emphasized Sheldon's gulp! I think it confirms that Jim made the gulp on purpose :'D

It's Australian. I don't know what they've been drinking but dammit those folks down under are DOING IT RIGHT.

• Like 2

Another thing that would be interesting is if Sheldon hangs up the phone and looks up and he's somewhere very, very far away. Like New York or Boston or something. Since the phone takes place at least another day after his departure, maybe a few, it'd be interesting to see where he wound up. 

Here's an alternative: Amy gets a call offering her masses of funding/zero teaching/chance to head up her own group in New York or Boston. Or, hey, even further afield. Maybe Cambridge?

The problem with this is, of course, that I personally would be screaming at her to take the job...

Poot. 

• Like 3

Mmmmm well if there were a secret scene next week I actually wouldn't be very greedy about its content, I would be happy as heck just with showing Sheldon after his phone conversation with Amy, as many of you said, it would be nice showing him looking at the Amy screensaver with a sad look, or just showing just him with a sad look after hanging up, No need of screensaver after all, just with knowing that Sheldon is not happy wherever he is and that he misses his home and Amy my little fangirl heart would be warmed up <3   

Awwww I really really wish they tapped something else apart from what they showed :'( My hopes remain very low but hell a girl can dream after all xD

They really know how to play with our minds! This is sooo far away from the truth and yet I can't help but sigh a little bit at it, I specially love how they emphasized Sheldon's gulp! I think it confirms that Jim made the gulp on purpose :'D

This is awesome!!! ahahaha
Also I would like to see a scene as those described above.. but probably  it won't happen, we must wait for the next season, and I hope indeed that the authors do a good job with Sheldon and Amy !

I LOVE that Australian promo so much, but I think I would be mighty disappointed by what actually happened!

Also, I wanted to say that I love your secret scene scenarios. It sounds corny, but for the extra scene I wanted an "I love you", maybe even in Klingon, because that's less scary than saying it in English. Plus, Sheldon thinks Klingon is the language of love, as evidenced by his wanting to say his speech in Klingon at Bernie and Howard's wedding. (For the record, it's “qamuSHa”") My husband first told me he loved me in his native language. I wasn't 100% sure what he said, but by his tone of voice it wasn't hard to figure out.  :girlsmile: But then I was reading your comments, and I think just a cut to Sheldon on the train looking at Amy's picture would be all I needed to hold me over to season 8. The big problem with Sheldon, when it comes to Amy, is that we have no idea what's really "rattling around in that big bulbous brain" of his. Looking at her picture would solve that problem.

• Like 5

I'm loving all of your secret scene ideas!  The only problem is that now I'm wishing even harder that it would actually happen (but I'm pretty sure it won't).  :resent: Oh well...I know in my heart that Sheldon loves her.  Come on, season 8!!  Bring us something awesome!!!

• Like 2

I LOVE that Australian promo so much, but I think I would be mighty disappointed by what actually happened!

Also, I wanted to say that I love your secret scene scenarios. It sounds corny, but for the extra scene I wanted an "I love you", maybe even in Klingon, because that's less scary than saying it in English. Plus, Sheldon thinks Klingon is the language of love, as evidenced by his wanting to say his speech in Klingon at Bernie and Howard's wedding. (For the record, it's “qamuSHa”") My husband first told me he loved me in his native language. I wasn't 100% sure what he said, but by his tone of voice it wasn't hard to figure out.  :girlsmile: But then I was reading your comments, and I think just a cut to Sheldon on the train looking at Amy's picture would be all I needed to hold me over to season 8. The big problem with Sheldon, when it comes to Amy, is that we have no idea what's really "rattling around in that big bulbous brain" of his. Looking at her picture would solve that problem.

So about Klingon: I kind of vaguely hoped that, during the State of the Relationship Summit, when pressed to come up with nicknames for each other, that Amy would call Sheldon whatever is the Klingon for 'shipbuilder' (since 'cooper' is taken from 'craftsman of wooden vessels') and Sheldon would call Amy whatever 'bird-hunter' means in Amy's made-up language (you know, the one where 'tweepadock' means elephant).

Admittedly,this may because I am a HUGE sucker for the days where Sheldon and Amy seemed to share the same brain and played crazy elitist games that baffled anyone else.

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 5

.....Admittedly,this may because I am a HUGE sucker for the days where Sheldon and Amy seemed to share the same brain and played crazy elitist games that baffled anyone else.

Yes!  In addition to whatever relationship storyline we see next season (slowly forward...no regression...do you hear me, Show!?), I hope we see a return to them just having their weird fun times together!  I know it is a long shot, but I really hope for a professional collaboration, Theoretical Neurophysics or Neuroscience, as both of them love "the sweet candy of science" ;-)   Seems like that scenario has potential on lots of fronts, some funny bickering in the lab and maybe some Shamy lovin' when they have a success and are turned on by each other's brilliance!

• Like 8

I would love to see them get back to those old times with the games only they understand as well.  I loved how in tune with each other they were then.  And I think it would be a lot of fun to see them collaborate together.  I've always thought if anything about Amy is going to turn Sheldon on, it would be her intelligence, so I could definitely see that. 

Also, I was thinking about the living situation in season 8, and what I'm guessing is that Leonard will end up moving in with Penny and letting Sheldon keep the big apartment (which will then be way too big and empty, so hopefully he'll eventually decide he wants a certain neurobiologist roommate).  The main reason I think they might go that route is because it wouldn't make that big of a change.  The sets could mostly stay the same, and Leonard and Penny would probably be visiting across the hall often anyway.  If they moved Penny into the big apartment, the decor would have to change in there, and I'm sure Sheldon wouldn't be living with Penny's girly decor in the other apartment.  Just a thought.

• Like 6

I am hoping for a secret scene.. God I am.. Maybe Shledon looking at his phone after speaking to Amy while sitting on a train heading for the unknown.. with a sweet line or a look in face of pure grief. Maybe even a tear down his cheek?

But Im doubtful we will get a secret scene.. Either way....fingers crossed.

Edited by kazzie
  • Like 5

I am hoping for a secret scene.. God I am.. Maybe Shledon looking at his phone after speaking to Amy while sitting on a train heading for the unknown.. with a sweet line or a look in face of pure grief. Maybe even a tear down his cheek?

But Im doubtful we will get a secret scene.. Either way....fingers crossed.

I'm doubtful too. But it's holding me over haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After all this talk of wishing and hoping for secret scenes, I think I may be crestfallen if there isn't one. I think the one of Sheldon looking at a picture of Amy on his phone makes the most sense, but instead of looking sad, he has that cute little smile on his face that we know is just for Amy. You know, the one he gives her in Table, RD, Proton, etc.

• Like 5

After all this talk of wishing and hoping for secret scenes, I think I may be crestfallen if there isn't one. I think the one of Sheldon looking at a picture of Amy on his phone makes the most sense, but instead of looking sad, he has that cute little smile on his face that we know is just for Amy. You know, the one he gives her in Table, RD, Proton, etc.

..and with a soft and brief kiss to Amy´s image! (It is in my head since I read the taping report!)