The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

The irony that tonight Sheldon will step on a train in Pasadena and tomorrow Jim will be all over Canada driving around in a Nissan Micra. I like the timing on that!

• Like 2

The irony that tonight Sheldon will step on a train in Pasadena and tomorrow Jim will be all over Canada driving around in a Nissan Micra. I like the timing on that!

What does it mean? What must make Jim?  :girlsmile:

Happy episode day everyone!! I know it's not the best episode for us but hopefully it will lead to an awesome season 8!!! I will be at a party tonight and I will watch it tomorrow. Can't wait for new spoilers and to rewatch season's seven rocking shamy scenes and discussing them with you people!!! :)

• Like 7

It's odd because right at this moment, my mind is in a good place, even though I know what's going to be happening in the finale tonight.  Maybe it's the calm before the storm, because I thought I was going to be freaking out today like Sheldon, but I'm just so...calm.  I think season 7 has given us some great stuff, and we'll definitely be getting more in season 8.  Where will it progress next now that they're kissing?  I have high hopes that no matter what the beginning of 8 brings, Sheldon will miss her a lot while he's gone, and that the two of them can grow even more together next season.  I love these two and so look forward to seeing what the writers have in store. 

I've felt rather bipolar lately, ever since I read the taping report, so I'm sure that tonight when the episode airs, I will be feeling far less calm, and I will have my balled up socks at the ready.  I hope lots of us are busy writing fanfiction for the next 4 months so I can get my Shamy fix and feel better about Sheldon being on that train.

• Like 6

It's odd because right at this moment, my mind is in a good place, even though I know what's going to be happening in the finale tonight.  Maybe it's the calm before the storm, because I thought I was going to be freaking out today like Sheldon, but I'm just so...calm.  I think season 7 has given us some great stuff, and we'll definitely be getting more in season 8.  Where will it progress next now that they're kissing?  I have high hopes that no matter what the beginning of 8 brings, Sheldon will miss her a lot while he's gone, and that the two of them can grow even more together next season.  I love these two and so look forward to seeing what the writers have in store. 

I've felt rather bipolar lately, ever since I read the taping report, so I'm sure that tonight when the episode airs, I will be feeling far less calm, and I will have my balled up socks at the ready.  I hope lots of us are busy writing fanfiction for the next 4 months so I can get my Shamy fix and feel better about Sheldon being on that train.

Oh I can't wait for Season 8. I want to see how tptb reassemble Sheldon.

They've got the 'kissing' box ticked, he's even bragged to Stephen Hawking about it. There's no conceivable reason they'd move backwards. If they were going to regress him, then they might have well have just let him have his meltdown in 4A. Onwards and upwards, that's where we're headed Shamyfans!

No, Sheldon's 'journey' is going to be more zen than just reaching a destination by train.

(I'm probably gonna stick the first chapter of my fan fiction up tomorrow, saves marking it with spoiler alerts.)

• Like 9

Oh I can't wait for Season 8. I want to see how tptb reassemble Sheldon.

They've got the 'kissing' box ticked, he's even bragged to Stephen Hawking about it. There's no conceivable reason they'd move backwards. If they were going to regress him, then they might have well have just let him have his meltdown in 4A. Onwards and upwards, that's where we're headed Shamyfans!

No, Sheldon's 'journey' is going to be more zen than just reaching a destination by train.

(I'm probably gonna stick the first chapter of my fan fiction up tomorrow, saves marking it with spoiler alerts.)

Yes!  I totally agree!  I'm feeing good Shamy vibes today!  And yay for new fanfiction!  It's going to be my lifesblood this next 4 months (speaking of which, my latest chapter should be up tonight sometime after the finale).

• Like 5

I'm telling myself "let's just get this over with" 

Thank you all the Shamy fanfic writers who have helped me a lot over 3 weeks, and I think after this episode I'm gonna need this therapy again for 4 months.

Edited by Jiab Pattira
  • Like 5

I know I should be positive, but I just can't get there. This pretty sums up my feelings about tonight's episode:

giphy.gif

Don't mean to be a Debbie downer, but this is the last episode of the season and it's not how most of us wanted it to go. All I know is September can't come fast enough. I will be attempting to get tickets for the season premiere taping to help quench the impatience of waiting another month.

And my son is sick today, too. All around depressing day.

• Like 2

I'm telling myself "let's just get this over with" 

Thank you all the Shamy fanfic writers who have helped me a lot over 3 weeks, and I think after this episode I'm gonna need this therapy again for 4 months.

Yes!  *bows*

• Like 2

Just remember to wait until the episode is over to start throwing the sock balls, lol.  ;-)

• Like 1

I'm still hoping against my better judgement that there will be a secret scene. It just seems like the cushion-bashing scene is way too anti-climactic for a season finale... We will see...

Oh, I don't think the cushion scene is a bad way to end the episode.  I think it fits perfectly.

And I'm not hoping for or counting on a secret scene.  Something might be trimmed or tweaked, but I'm not thinking they're going to do something radical that would alter the general intent of the episode--that Sheldon freaks and runs away.

I suppose there could be something like Penny's moment in the S2 finale, but I ain't holding my breath.  But then again, I'm not upset about the finale at all.  (Those playing along with the drinking game, take a shot! :p )

I'm still hoping against my better judgement that there will be a secret scene. It just seems like the cushion-bashing scene is way too anti-climactic for a season finale... We will see...

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but...

PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US A SECRET SCENE

Edited by Little Miss Purple

The only reason it sucks for me is because we have to wait 3-4 months to see what happens. :p If this episode was 7.23 or something I think it would be a lot easier to take. But I'm excited to see how it plays out, I'm excited to see how Jim and Mayim performed it, and more than anything, I'm excited to see what this means for Shamy this fall. Just based on everything we've gotten, it's safe to assume some great Shamy development will happen next season. It's like they are preparing to shift into high gear and really get serious with these two. They've committed themselves to this change. They can't go back.

• Like 9

Its funny, I am dreading this episode to the point where I dont know if I even want to watch it and tonight in the UK the table episode is being shown for the first time and I was OK with sheldon freaking out then but that was probably cos we had an outcome

Waiting 4 months is not good and I can see that things will not be the same for a while when he does return

Edited by rachelshamyfan

The only reason it sucks for me is because we have to wait 3-4 months to see what happens. :p If this episode was 7.23 or something I think it would be a lot easier to take. But I'm excited to see how it plays out, I'm excited to see how Jim and Mayim performed it, and more than anything, I'm excited to see what this means for Shamy this fall. Just based on everything we've gotten, it's safe to assume some great Shamy development will happen next season. It's like they are preparing to shift into high gear and really get serious with these two. They've committed themselves to this change. They can't go back.

I totally agree.  And the fact that they leave this on a dramatic note, it's partially to get us wondering "What happens next?"  "What will happen with Amy when Sheldon returns?" etc.  They're gearing us up for something, and I think next season is going to be awesome.  (Come on, writers, don't let me down!!)

• Like 5