The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

Lol, I saw that earlier, but I've long since stopped listening to anything Molaro has to say. I just don't believe that the writers have no clue what they're going to do with Sheldon at the beginning of Season 8. Even if it's just a vague, general idea, I'm sure they've thought about it.

• Like 5

I like what he said about Sheldon realizing he can't stop change from happening and it being a momentous moment and it being the right time to do it. However, maybe I need to read the taping report again, but I didn't get a sense that he had already made that realization in this episode.

• Like 5

Hum ok, I'm on page 607 and I have to read 50 pages, and it will be worse later.  I would never stayed spoiler free again :D

I would like to write my opinion about few points but I'm late. I will come back after have read all posts in order to not be off topic or repetitive.

Lol, I saw that earlier, but I've long since stopped listening to anything Molaro has to say. I just don't believe that the writers have no clue what they're going to do with Sheldon at the beginning of Season 8. Even if it's just a vague, general idea, I'm sure they've thought about it.

Yep ! They couldn't have send him away just like this.

They probably know how to deal with Sheldon for the season 8, they just keep their ideas for themself (unless they're waiting for another music fest to think about it, since they appeared to be under weird substance when they wrote that finale lol)

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't buy that. I think they have a broad idea of how this finale will affect Sheldon, Amy, and Shamy and where they want to take them, but I don't think they have anything pinned down, like what episode he'll return, what their reactions will be, or anything like that. They don't have anything set in stone but probably have a general sense of what this all means for the characters. They probably like having a whole summer to think about it, as well.

• Like 5

I am dreading tonight. There is no way this is going to be anything but soul death.

On the other hand, my expectations are soul death... anything above that is a win for them.

Amy needs to spend the summer with Stuart and have a lovely time. I want Sheldon to feel like the finale made me feel. But they would never do that to Sheldon. Only Amy.

• Like 1

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Big-Bang-Theory-Finale-Preview-Sheldon-Steve-Molaro-1081779.aspx

"In fact, he says they currently have no idea how Season 8 will open, or where Sheldon will be."

really? not at all?

"I can't predict how fans will feel; I hope they like it. It's a little bittersweet, but there are a lot of nice moments."

:banghead:

Every time he does a damn interview:

why_zpsf0611e0f.gif

• Like 2

Not a Shamy shipper - but do love the characters and feel for both. I just wanted to say you guys owe it to your devotion to this ship to at least watch how it pans out in reality on screen rather than just continue reacting to taping report interpretations and facts and avoid it.. Loving Jim and Mayim so much, I think you should at least watch how they it act it out. FWIW I read the reports and was not happy with the way it ends for Shamy either but a lot of taping report moments have ended up better than first thoughts. I hope it's OK for a non shipper to weigh in here. Good luck dealing with the hiatus.

Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 8

I think they'll decide what to do based on fans reactions. And I think a lot of them (Shamy/Amy fans anyway) will be highly pissed off. I hope that anger slaps them hard!!!

I don't think they're going to be deciding plot developments based on fan reaction.  They might take note of it, but you can't really write any real story that way.

I think, like someone said above, that they have the broad idea in mind.  I think they would have to have discussed it as they were writing this episode--at least discuss the possibilities--but then they'll decide the particulars once they sit down to write the opener(s)

I think it's also important because it's not just Sheldon, but they'll also have to decide when or if or how L/P actually do move in together or how long Sheldon will have been gone or if he's back right away.

I think they are also giving themselves lots of wiggle room to choose between the different possible outcomes and they can let it percolate in the backs of their minds over the summer while they're all off doing whatever they do.

At any rate, if they go to comic con I'm sure they'll hear some fan reaction.  I just hope no one thinks they're in a position to tear the writers up just because the finale doesn't end the way they want it to.

• Like 2

I don't think they're going to be deciding plot developments based on fan reaction.  They might take note of it, but you can't really write any real story that way.

I think, like someone said above, that they have the broad idea in mind.  I think they would have to have discussed it as they were writing this episode--at least discuss the possibilities--but then they'll decide the particulars once they sit down to write the opener(s)

I think it's also important because it's not just Sheldon, but they'll also have to decide when or if or how L/P actually do move in together or how long Sheldon will have been gone or if he's back right away.

I think they are also giving themselves lots of wiggle room to choose between the different possible outcomes and they can let it percolate in the backs of their minds over the summer while they're all off doing whatever they do.

At any rate, if they go to comic con I'm sure they'll hear some fan reaction.  I just hope no one thinks they're in a position to tear the writers up just because the finale doesn't end the way they want it to.

Disillusioned Shamies on the internet represent about 0.0005% of the total viewers of TBBT. While some get reactions from Bill Prady on Twitter and could make writers squirm at Comic Con with angry questions, I doubt they will alter their plans much, trending hashtags or not.

Exactly this.  Like I said the other day, there's no way the writers have no clue about what's coming.  They probably don't have it all ironed out yet, but they definitely have at least a vague plan. 

• Like 1

Not a Shamy shipper - but do love the characters and feel for both. I just wanted to say you guys owe it to your devotion to this ship to at least watch how it pans out in reality on screen rather than just continue reacting to taping report interpretations and facts and avoid it.. Loving Jim and Mayim so much, I think you should at least watch how they it act it out. FWIW I read the reports and was not happy with the way it ends for Shamy either but a lot of taping report moments have ended up better than first thoughts. I hope it's OK for a non shipper to weigh in here. Good luck dealing with the hiatus.

Amen to that. I think if you're protesting watching the finale, you are not so much of a true fan or you're just overly dramatic. Just my opinion.

I am in it for the good and bad, even though the writers make me crazy sometimes!

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 5

Yeah, I don't buy that. I think they have a broad idea of how this finale will affect Sheldon, Amy, and Shamy and where they want to take them, but I don't think they have anything pinned down, like what episode he'll return, what their reactions will be, or anything like that. They don't have anything set in stone but probably have a general sense of what this all means for the characters. They probably like having a whole summer to think about it, as well.

Most definitely. It's very possible they don't know exactly how each episode will play out yet, but the overall arc, or the key things they want to happen in the season, they know what those are.  At least most of them.

• Like 3

But the idea they have'nt thought about the openers for season 8 is a posibility. When you look at episodes 6*24, 7*01, 7*02, don't you feel they were at a loss for a cliffhanger for season 6, they just found a solution out of nowhere, then they met after the holidays and were totally confused as to what to do with Leonard on the North Sea? It sounds like they did want to get rid very quickly of that problem, the evidence being that we've never heard of Leonard's trip since 7*03.

So, yes, the writers not knowing about what happens in the beginning of season 8 is possible.

• Like 2

Disillusioned Shamies on the internet represent about 0.0005% of the total viewers of TBBT. While some get reactions from Bill Prady on Twitter and could make writers squirm at Comic Con with angry questions, I doubt they will alter their plans much, trending hashtags or not.

That's what I mean--in the end, they're not writing according to fan concensus, whatever one might percieve that to be.  A writer can only seek to tell the story he wants to tell, come hell or high water.

I think writers of insanely popular shows like this almost HAVE to say they don't know where they're going with the story, just to be able to keep their sanity by keeping fans, stakers and the occasional abductor at bay. There's just no way you can write something with no idea of where it might take your characters.

I first raised my eyebrow at this statement when the writers of Lost also claimed to "wing" their storylines. I'm sure they just don't wanna end up like the guy in "Misery".

All that being said, I'm pretty sure they also take some cues from audience reactions and that, if ever so gently, we can whisper to them some nice ideas. Or go into their heads Inception style and plant a couple of Shamy moments in there.

• Like 5

I think writers of insanely popular shows like this almost HAVE to say they don't know where they're going with the story, just to be able to keep their sanity by keeping fans, stakers and the occasional abductor at bay. There's just no way you can write something with no idea of where it might take your characters.

I first raised my eyebrow at this statement when the writers of Lost also claimed to "wing" their storylines. I'm sure they just don't wanna end up like the guy in "Misery".

All that being said, I'm pretty sure they also take some cues from audience reactions and that, if ever so gently, we can whisper to them some nice ideas. Or go into their heads Inception style and plant a couple of Shamy moments in there.

Oh dear lord. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  I hope they don't think we're quite that crazy, hahah.

• Like 1

Personally I couldn't avoid the finale... mostly because I am addicted to the show either way.

If you're a huge fan of this show, Shamy being the main reason why...I can see how one would not be emotionally prepared to watch. It's hard to watch them treat your favorite characters so poorly. I'm still not 100% over what they're gonna do, but I'm putting on a brave face. 

I survived the finale of HIMYM being a hardcore fan. Nothing will ever sting me as bad as that one.. SO I'll be ok when it comes to this. :p 

Also I agree with this. I think it's a load of BS for him to say he has "no idea".....he KNOWS, or at least has a faint idea of where they're going with this. To say he doesn't is ridiculous. I don't care what they swear up and down by..... they have an idea of what they're gonna do. :p

• Like 1