The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

How often do you guys think Amy and Sheldon are going to communicate over the summer? Every day? Every week? Do you think they'll start off talking regularly, and then slowly span apart?

How often do you guys think Amy and Sheldon are going to communicate over the summer? Every day? Every week? Do you think they'll start off talking regularly, and then slowly span apart?

I think they will keep in touch a few times a week. Amy was angry at the situation, maybe even a bit at Sheldon, but not so she doesn't want to talk to him.

Sheldon also seemed to want to stay in touch.

So I don't see them drifting apart further.

• Like 3

Hey guys! Made a little video about tonight's finale. Didn't think it exactly fit in the positivity thread so I wanted to share it here. :)

http://michygeary.tumblr.com/post/85908273834/sheldon-x-amy-she-is

its beautiful

Am starting writing it now

Pm me with title ideas and I will credit you

Also Faisal probably has several wives!

lovely!!

i have already started reading it!

• Like 1

Chiany, I just want to say that you take first place in my book for best avatar. I could stare at that gif all day...

Thank you, I think the fact I made in grey and not color + slow motion makes it perfect.

• Like 3

My biggest fear about (the beginning) of season 8 is, that TPTB find a way to bring Sheldon back without him having to deal with all of this.

Just like the end of season 6, they made a really big deal about Leonard leaving, and with a joke or two he was back, and it was never mentioned again.

Amy has shown her feeling a few times this season, she did in the Raiders episode. But yeah, she puts her feelings almost always aside when it comes to Sheldon.

While I find it romantic in a way, I think if she exploded once more in his face like she did in the Spoiler alert episode, but then actually talk it out.

Sheldon's departure is a FAR MORE SIGNIFICANT event than Leonard's. I'm not even sure why TPTB wrote it into the plot other than providing a means for Sheldon to bond with Penny which, with the way the season has developed and ended, seemed to be important to the writers (not so much the Shamy fans) . Leonard and Penny were pretty secure at this point so it wasn't really a test for them and the writers tend not to put too much significance on Leonard's career achievements..

Sheldon and Amy, on the other hand, have some major work to do on their relationship with how the writers have messed with it so I just don't see them sweeping this under the carpet like Leonard's trip. Whether they make it more about Sheldon or Sheldon AND Amy ( and I hope for the latter) is the question. But it has to be a significant plot for at least the early episodes.

Ok. I've had my allotted amount of negativity. Does anybody have any positive things to say or speculate about S8? I know that fear overpowers hope, but I'd like to hear people getting excited about the new season without assuming it's going to be bad or more of the same.

• Like 2

Ok. I've had my allotted amount of negativity. Does anybody have any positive things to say or speculate about S8? I know that fear overpowers hope, but I'd like to hear people getting excited about the new season without assuming it's going to be bad or more of the same.

Well, usually the first half of a tbbt season don't have any big moments that have any real impact on any couple.

But to stay positive, I think Shamy will be together at the beginning (romantically), even if Sheldon isn't back right away.

They will continue to have date nights, kiss good night (hopefully with some lip action, not Amy standing frozen).

The 2nd half of the season will start to move forward again.

• Like 5

I have watched the finale episode a few times now...there was definitely a lot to like and I'm still  pondering some things.  Mainly the tag scene, I can't quite put my finger on it, but the last few seconds of it just make me feel all icky and stuff ;-)

I appreciate all the different thoughts about that scene, definitely some things to think about.  I was OK, right up to the pillow bashing and Penny's sort of strange reaction (looking at her ring or her nails?).  I know they were trying to play the pillow thing for laughs...but it really didn't come across as funny to me.  I think there was a pretty serious tone to Mayim's delivery.  I probably would have been OK, with just a couple of hits, then someone has a funny line to end the scene [i can't think of anything at the moment, but I am also not a professional TV comedy writer...obvs! ;-)

Then there was the strange reaction shot of Penny.  Was this some deliberate editing choice, cut in from some other reaction shot?  It just seemed weird to me that someone would sit there and watch their distraught friend wail on their boyfriend, even with a pillow!, and just casually look at their nails (or ring?).  IDK,  just those last few seconds ...hmmm.  Can any of you at the taping shed any light on what Penny was doing in the actual moment?  

I very much liked the train station scene (glad the went all out with the Union Station location, never been, but seen it in films before).  It seemed pretty clear intent on the part of the writers to have the Lenny/parents let the Sheldon/child go and figure things out for himself.  So well acted by Jim, Johnny, and Kaley.  I totally teared up with Leonard!

....2.Too may posts and different opinions about this but still the finale would be more than ok for me if Sheldon mentioned Amy at the train station scene.For example, Sheldon  to Leonard:" Please tell Amy that I wil call her".They ignored her completely as she didn't exist and that hurts, sorry can't help it. .....

I know S/L/P were the focus of this scene, but I do have to agree with the sentiment Silver mentioned above.  

A half second of dialog would have killed them?  I'll just let Dr. Evil speak for me...

post-10249-0-11494700-1400401486_thumb.g

(Sorry for the thumbnail...I have been completely stymied on how to get full size images into my posts,  I have tried several things...Oh, well)

But I do really have high hopes for some major shakeups for the better on all fronts in Season 8.  It seemed the writers finally made the leap into the "scary abyss of change".  Let's just hope they stay away from the music festivals and associated "agriculture" over the summer! ;-)

Edited by bhreg
  • Like 5

As amusing as the talking and missing was, I did wonder why Amy didn't respond and kiss back

Yeah, I wonder that too. Or did she already kiss him back? Bill confirmed that Sheldon kissed her back in 4.21 even if it's not very obvious. However, I watched SIK 2.0 over 50 times but I didn't see her kissing him back. For their next kiss in season 8 (if they are gonna give us another one), I want her hands on his neck :p. She did raise her hand in 7.15 but in 7.19 she just stood frozen like Chiany said. 

• Like 3

I've said this before but, IMO she does kiss him back in SIK 2.0. While I can agree that she's not quite giving in to the kiss, I believe there is responding for sure. She closes her eyes, tilts her head and pouts her lips just enough to grab on to his lower lip when he leans in.

2e31hfm.jpg

So in my book that is responding and it's not even comparable with Sik 1.0 where yes, she just stands frozen, with her lips almost turned inside and doesn't really respond at all.

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 7

Oh my Jaime I just got stuck staring at that close up... :p I think she really tries to respond but she maybe too shy or nervous and it looks like she does nothing. I really hope this is there for a reason. It could be an excellent story toexplore during season 8.

• Like 3

I've said this before but, IMO she does kiss him back in SIK 2.0. While I can agree that she's not quite giving in to the kiss, I believe there is responding for sure. She closes her eyes, tilts her head and pouts her lips just enough to grab on to his lower lip when he leans in. 2e31hfm.jpg

So in my book that is responding and it's not even comparable with Sik 1.0 where yes, she just stands frozen, with her lips almost turned inside and doesn't really respond at all.

Sure she pouts her lips a little bit, but if you see the rest of her body language, she doesn't respond at all.

During the first kiss, even while surprised by it, she tries to use her hands/arms.

That one felt much more passionate (and spontanious) to me.

• Like 2

I've said this before but, IMO she does kiss him back in SIK 2.0. While I can agree that she's not quite giving in to the kiss, I believe there is responding for sure. She closes her eyes, tilts her head and pouts her lips just enough to grab on to his lower lip when he leans in.

2e31hfm.jpg

Goodness. I just stared at that for like 15 minutes. Lol

• Like 2

Just a thought - if she did respond then he probably wouldn't have been able to say his line clearly/effectively. Perhaps it was written that way so that they could get the joke in, and next time we see a kiss we get more as they're not going to run the same joke again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I haven't written a word about the finale yet - I don't know, I've felt that emotionally it stoke me harder than I thought it would, in many ways. I see there good things and bad things, things I liked and I didn't like, but I'm not yet able to analyze and extrapolate it in depth yet. So I'm still in a processing data mode. So maybe I'll just get back to that one later.

Just one thing I wanted to say, is that last time when Sheldon faced an unevitable change, his barber was in a hospital and couldn't cut his hair and he completely freaked out and got mad. That time he sought refuge from Amy, and this time he did too. If he even freaked out because of his hair cut was delayed, so how much bigger then are these changes he is facing now compared to that? These changes are much bigger and deeper, so the effects of them in him are different too. As we know,  when someone breaks up completely, there is great potential for growth, but the results won't come right away. The emotional turmoil in such situations is too big and takes time to settle down before seeing the results of it. But this may be the very first time Sheldon faces the locked emotions he has been avoiding since his childhood's traumatic experiences. What he once left behind that locked door of hurt, has stayed there until this point. Nothing in his life has got him to a point of dealing with them, not until now. It is just true, that good things won't force you to deal with those things, it's usually the other way around.

Dealing with such things are quite painful and Sheldon never really wanted to deal with his issues in the first place. To deal with the fear of change is difficult because essentially it means that it will strike to his feeling of security and the loss of it and losing control of it. What exactly he is so afraid about in change? I think, that he may not realize it, but at least partially it is that on his subconscious level he actually have never wanted to open that door of hurt and to deal with what lies behind of it. He is afraid of what's in there, that he can't handle those things if they burst out, so he doesn't even want to remotely look at that distance. What we have seen he has been avoiding it to extremes, anything that would force him to deal with those things. It could show to his ego that he is much weaker than the self-image he has envisioned of himself. The Sheldon he thought he was looking from the mirror wasn't a kind of Sheldon he always thought he was picturing himself. And what role Amy plays in all this, is far more significant he is able to admit himself. Love is just a key to his healing process, a component which significance he hasn't yet been able to identify. He cannot control love's power or explain its ways how it works. It is an invisible force affecting him on a deeper level he's able to recognize. Love will conquer fear in his case too, eventually. Maybe a cliche, but it's true.

But I see I'm rambling, better stop now. I have to collect my thoughts as well for the finale before writing more.  I love to read everyone's analysis of the finale, keep writing! I'm still pages behind everybody and I have to catch up :p

Edited by Catlina
  • Like 7

I too don't mind Amy's shy ways when it comes to actual physical stuff. I think its extremely IC. She is inexperienced and is dating somebody that you have to let take charge for anything to happen. Also she is scared too. While they both have their issues, they are pretty similar to most couples in that one usually takes the lead. Sheldon is an ego-driven, very competitive person. Amy is much much more passive and goes with the flow. She wants to please people and isn't as competitive. How those personality traits wouldn't translate to intimacy (SIK, 2nd SIK, D and D). Of course with both of them (like everyone) alchol lowers inhibitions.

So after rambling, I think her "fish-like" response is sorta cute and won't last forever.

I expect when all is said and done in season 8, a very mutal passionate (dare I hope open mouth) kiss

• Like 2

WARNING: THIS POST GOES TO GRAPHIC AND VERY STRANGE PLACES. 

Re: the open-mouthed kiss, was it AThingOfbeauty who posited that the Shamy may have coitus before they kiss with tongues?

There's a (very weird) part of me that would sort of appreciate that. It would be in line with Sheldon and Amy's weirdness about everything for them to progress to frottage and mutual masturbation before the Very Major Business of Fluid Exchange (saliva or otherwise) is broached.

Picture it: an understanding in which Sheldon and Amy pleasure each other manually (of course described in highly clinical language to their horrified cohort) before- one day- Sheldon says to Amy 'Doctor Fowler, I think the time has come. The kiss the Romans called the suavium. Tongues. In each other's mouths. For a period lasting between five seconds and one minute.', while Amy gulps and says 'Hold on, Sheldon. i'm not there yet.'

• Like 1