The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

When do you guys think Sheldon will say ''I love you'' to Amy? That would be a big step for Sheldon! I wonder how that moment will play out. I see this as the most likely than coitus, marriage proposal, or baby. That's more romantic anyway. How would you like Sheldon to confess his love for Amy?<3

When do you guys think Sheldon will say ''I love you'' to Amy? That would be a big step for Sheldon! I wonder how that moment will play out. I see this as the most likely than coitus, marriage proposal, or baby. That's more romantic anyway. How would you like Sheldon to confess his love for Amy?<3

I sure would like that to happen somewhere along the road of season 8. To me it seems the next logical step; hoping that Sheldon will come to terms with it during/beginning from his railroad journey.

I have a certain persisting hope-scene for it, actually. I should like a scene where it leads the viewers to think that Sheldon and Amy are having a Date Night, and so we expect a kiss at the end... which we do get. But Amy seems very shocked, and manages a "It was not a Date Night tonight, you know", and Sheldon would simply go "I know". I would take that for an "I love you" :)

• Like 2

I don't know if he will say I love you but he will find a way around it that Amy knows I guess

He will spell it out with Monkey's ;)

No, I think he will actually say the words.

I can always picture it in a heated argument something like this:

"Why can't you see how I feel about you Amy?"

"Because you never talk about it, how do you feel?!"

"It's not easy for me Amy, but you know I love you!!"

• Like 6

I think a declaration of some sort will occur in season 8...I don't think it will be a flat out ILY but tied into a conversation.....similar to how Penny let it slip out the first time. Difference is Amy won't say it without him saying it first (unlike Leonard).

I see a bunch of ramblings with a love you snuck in there.

Not early on in season 8 though...his actions will confirm it before the actual words

• Like 3

i kind of hear him say ''I love you" in much the same way he told Amy that he likes her...quirks and all... but actually be inside and in a more intimate setting... after a heart- felt hug???? i've pictured it happening in numerous ways actually. ANY WAY SHELDON DOES IT, IT'LL BE GREAT ( and a big relief for us Shamy fans)    AND I WANT HIM TO HAVE 

<----------------------------------------------------------   that LOOK!!!!! when he does so.... hot!

Edited by Kelli
  • Like 6

how do i add a photo i've downloaded??? i found a great pic of Jim that would fit in this conversation...

Use the image tool above the box you type in. it's to the left of the <>

Edited by Chiany
  • Like 1

I definitely think Sheldon needs to say the words, and I think he will.  I would love to see that moment happen when he returns.  Like maybe they get into a little spat about him having left and her feeling neglected, etc.  And then he just kind of yells it out sort of on accident, and then there's this huge pause as she stares at him wide eyed, and he does that big swallow of his.  Then she asks "You do...?"  And he's like "Umm...yes, Amy, I do."  And then she gets emotional and rushes to hug or kiss him and he freezes at first, but then reciprocates.  And my fangirl heart melts.  ;)

More than likely though, it will come much later, but I'm hoping at least for season 8.

• Like 9

See if it came too early in season 8 I would fear it would just sweep everything under the carpet. Amy would take that as everything BUT saying ILY is not committing to the person. While yes, when he says it he'll mean it, but its his actions that will really show he is committed. I want an ILY more than anything, but I think early in the season is too soon. While another form of declaration I'd be ok with like I need you or I miss you early on....something as big as ILY not yet. Even though we all know he does (and on some level he'll figure it out on his journey on the train).

He probably still sees ILY as hippie-dippie romance garbage (but I am confident that will change)

• Like 4

"Overall, Season 7 had no overtly bad episodes. There were some definite weak spots, but in general those were just the result of humor that misfired or plots that relied too much on the usual tired Leonard/Penny drama. The only element of the season that really left me cold was the treatment of Amy. For every step forward she made in her relationship with Sheldon this season, there was always another step back just ahead. Sheldon never seemed to apply Professor Proton's lesson to his relationship with Amy. And seeing him flee town without even saying goodbye to her, much less consulting about her thoughts on the matter, was depressing. That's to say nothing of the times Amy was made the target of ridicule by various characters. Sure, she's an easy target because of her frumpy appearance and awkward social skills. But Amy deserves better than she got in Season 7. I really hope the writers can do better by her in Season 8."

This is from a reviewer at IGN.  I guess lots of people feel this way!

• Like 8