The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

It so obvious! They need to go to the renaissance faire! They both could have fun, Amy just has to provide him with a plausible excuse for the historical inaccuracies (this is a Medieval village as imagined by Chaucer on poisoned mushrooms).

In the past two seasons we've forgotten how much common geeky interest we've left to exploit... Esperanto, Klingon language(there is no reason for Amy no to want to learn a language this messed up.), steampunk, hydroponics... They aren't just stuck with DC, Marvel, Star Wars/Trek and Wheddon-verse. Big geeky world for couples.

In Sheldon's defense he did take an interest in Amy's things (so he could be an ass about them, but still he did have to work to find the weakest link). Of course then Amy had to apologize for giving an honest assessment...

If they wanted to show them having a good time together... Ren faire.

• Like 8

I'm a Shamy shipper because my hubby is into almost everything Sheldon is into (not trains), is very intelligent and a good conversationalist so I understood a lot of what they discussed.  He got me into D&D (our group beta-tested the 3rd edition and we're actually mentioned in it) and superheros but I don't really read comic books and that's fine with him.  He doesn't insist I read them but we both love a lot of the same paranormal romance authors and he got me interested in Heinlen.

I also ship them because love their relationship and how it's grown over the years.

• Like 2

Variety  makes list of  Most memorable TV scenes for this season and Shamy are also on the list.

http://variety.com/gallery/most-memorable-tv-scenes-of-the-2013-14-season/#!14/the-big-bang-theory/

“The Big Bang Theory”

(Season 7, Ep. 15 "The Locomotive Manipulation") CBS

When it comes to romance, there's glacial... and then there's the pace of Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler's relationship. But giving new hope to Shamy-shippers, the Big Bang couple took a giant romantic leap forward on Valentine's Day, when Sheldon finally kissed Amy. On the lips. Most shocking of all, he even seemed to enjoy it! Bazinga, indeed.

Edited by alexaasweet
  • Like 5

Variety  makes list of  Most memorable TV scenes for this season and Shamy are also on the list.

http://variety.com/gallery/most-memorable-tv-scenes-of-the-2013-14-season/#!14/the-big-bang-theory/

“The Big Bang Theory”

(Season 7, Ep. 15 "The Locomotive Manipulation") CBS

When it comes to romance, there's glacial... and then there's the pace of Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler's relationship. But giving new hope to Shamy-shippers, the Big Bang couple took a giant romantic leap forward on Valentine's Day, when Sheldon finally kissed Amy. On the lips. Most shocking of all, he even seemed to enjoy it! Bazinga, indeed.

LOL!  This is so true!

Agreed. She watched Raiders with him, she dressed up in A Star Trek costume, she got him to be junior train conductor, she tells him she's proud of him and sits while he is elated talking about the new element, etc

I think she has tried to become a bit more aware of his likes for sure

He will catch up. I am sure he'll get there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When she dressed up in the Star Trek uniform and got the junior conductor thing for him, she was doing those things to accelerate his feelings for her--that was all part of the "experiment" she did, beginning with the spaghetti dinner, Super Mario Brothers music, strawberry Quik, etc., so it wasn't like she was doing the Star Trek thing to go along with his interests (especially since he wasn't dressed up himself.)

I would like to see the two of them going to a ST convention in costume, though...  If there's any kind of "dressing up" she could do that would please him (and possibly turn him on), it would be donning that ST uniform again.

• Like 4

If there's any kind of "dressing up" she could do that would please him (and possibly turn him on), it would be donning that ST uniform again.

Yes, that ST outfit definitely caused somethings to "light up" for Sheldon ;)

• Like 4

I don't disagree with that, I just think that it should work both ways. I don't really like it when it's implied that the guy needs to be turned into good boyfriend material by the girl, as if there's something inherently inadequate in guys that needs to be "fixed" by a woman (which is why Bernadette's speech on the train about Howard being a 'fixer upper' really grated on my nerves), but we just assume that the same kind of "fixing-upping" isn't necessary for the girl or even get offended by the thought. It's a bit of a double standard that I never really liked. I have no issue whatsoever with two people wanting to grow and change for the other and working to be good partners for each other, I think that's extremely admirable and the reason why I was very proud of Sheldon last season when he admitted that. But that's different from the "fixer upper" idea, which these writers (and a lot of fanfic :p) seem to be a bit too keen on sometimes. 

It's another reason why I'd like to see Amy embrace just one of his hobbies that she belittled before, because I think that would be a sign that she's also learning from him and thanks to him she's opening up her mind to stuff that she just dismissed as stupid in the past, the same way he seems to be opening up his mind about romance and affection thanks to her. 

I think that Bernie's comment about all guys being "fixer uppers" is kind of along the lines of the way most girls mature earlier than most boys.  I think that's why a lot of girls/women don't mind dating someone older than themselves and many guys date women younger than themselves.

I'm certainly not saying that all women are mature and all men are immature, but there's a reason that cliche exists.  I think that the maturity levels probably even out by the time you get to your 30s or so, but I think that it's still often true that the women are the ones who are more eager to "settle down" than the men, etc.

Now, with Big Bang, you're dealing with unusual circumstances all around and I think that it's very clear that the guys are stunted in many ways.  While they all have serious educations and serious jobs, they've all retained a certain social/emotional immaturity where they're all kind of stuck in that high school mode, where kids are still half child/half adult and can go either way, depending on how their lives play out.

Sheldon is a different case altogether because he got stuck at a much younger age and hasn't cared much about "growing up", as long as he can think about science and play with his toys and games.

Maybe some women grow up sooner because if they want a family, they only have so much time, generally, while guys can put that decision off indefinitely.  A lot of that may be societal and cultural, but in America in the last generation or two it seems to be a prevelant idea that guys are always going to indulge their inner child/teenager with things like video games and other leisure pastimes and women are going to be making sure the household runs effeciently (they buy the groceries, do the laundry and cleaning, get the kids off to school, etc.) and keep their men in check.

This may not be fair and it's certainly a broad generalization, but one needs only to watch commercials to see how we seem to think of each other--or at least how Madison Avenue sees men and women.

As I said, I think there is a kernal of truth in the idea of women "fixing up" men, but there are also many men who are very put together and mature, etc.

I do think, also, that it would be nice to see Amy taking an interest in some of Sheldon's interests.  I really did enjoy the FWF and Counterfactuals, and that sort of thing, where their intellects were in harmony and they were enjoying doing things together, but it does seem that they've kind of pitted the girls against the boys in having A/B/P constantly making fun of the guys' pastimes and sort of sighing at their indulgences.

I liked it when the girls got all caught up in the comic book argument and I kind of wish they'd do something similar with the gang all watching some scifi movie or whatever and then they all start arguing about whether it was good or bad, but with the pros and cons kind of evenly mixed between the couples and the genders, kind of the way the comic book discussion went.

I'm also still dying for a paintball battle--especially if Emily becomes a fixture.  I don't care if it would be boys against girls or couples against couples or whatever.  I just want to see the whole gang involved.  Now, logistically, I doubt we'd get much in the way of actual paintball playing, since that would probably have to involve location filming, but we could still maybe get trash talk, before and after, or maybe a paintball feud that spills over into an ongoing grudge or something.  Just some way to get them all involved in something like that.

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 7

I do think, also, that it would be nice to see Amy taking an interest in some of Sheldon's interests.  I really did enjoy the FWF and Counterfactuals, and that sort of thing, where their intellects were in harmony and they were enjoying doing things together, but it does seem that they've kind of pitted the girls against the boys in having A/B/P constantly making fun of the guys' pastimes and sort of sighing at their indulgences.

I liked it when the girls got all caught up in the comic book argument and I kind of wish they'd do something similar with the gang all watching some scifi movie or whatever and then they all start arguing about whether it was good or bad, but with the pros and cons kind of evenly mixed between the couples and the genders, kind of the way the comic book discussion went.

I'm also still dying for a paintball battle--especially if Emily becomes a fixture.  I don't care if it would be boys against girls or couples against couples or whatever.  I just want to see the whole gang involved.  Now, logistically, I doubt we'd get much in the way of actual paintball playing, since that would probably have to involve location filming, but we could still maybe get trash talk, before and after, or maybe a paintball feud that spills over into an ongoing grudge or something.  Just some way to get them all involved in something like that.

I loved the comic book argument too and wish they'd do something like this again but maybe with the guys trying to figure out why the girls like something, maybe the Twilight movies or a spa or something.

I really want to see the girls join the paintball team.  I can easily see Bernie, Amy, Penny and Emily taking down the other teams while leaving the guys stunned, amazed and aroused by it.

• Like 7

@koops about that fixer upper thing (lol I really don't know how to use that phrase but I think I got what it means) I agree with you about Shamy. The living together example is the best to show that at times Sheldon can be more mature than Amy. I don't know if he is in general but at times (not just in comparison with Amy but with all the other characters) he has shown great maturity.

About Bernie and her comment on the train I have to admit I loved it. Although Bernadette firstly helped him to take the big step and move out of his mother's house and abandone his creepy self around girls and secondly I think she is willing to manipulate him sonetimes in reality she fixed nothing. Howard changed cause he thought Bernadette was worth the try. That's why I liked the line and the way Melissa played it cause Bernadette was just lying to herself. But in general I dislike the idea that people need "fixing". If you like someone then you should like them the way they are.

so I've been home sick today battling a bad cold....my mom is watching my kids, I've spent the whole day in bed watching my favorite shamy episodes.....Lets say it definitely made me feel better!!!!

I did the same when I had pneumonia...Shamy works wonders. 

• Like 3

The 50 Best TV Scenes of the Past Year

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/17/best-tv-scenes/4/

The train kiss #19

WHY: Perturbed about the expectations of Valentine’s Day, Sheldon launches into a mini-tirade about having to force romance, but a throwaway kiss to Amy turns into a precious, long-awaited make-out session. It also serves as a key reminder why Sheldon’s alter-ego, Jim Parsons, deserves to remain showered with Emmys. —Lynette Rice

• Like 7