The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

I actually wonder whether we will hear one of the classic Amy's mother stories about why she has never watched Indiana Jones. Maybe her mother was worried she'd run off to some archeological site and get into black magic. LOL. 

or how Indy's whip is actually a metaphor for his penis

Well all those things are just true. Amy's mother is very wise...

Mr. Ford could have very easily lead Amy astray onto the path of archeology when he was at the height of his sexual prowess. Also he knew how to use that whip.

I am hoping she deals with the snakes. The damn snakes! You can't get snakes to stay in one place like that! In a colony? for Centuries? Snakes are lone wolves(not a perfect metaphor)! Also, most snakes can't regulate their body temperature so they need to get some sunshine... so being in that cave would be less than ideal.

"But Chalice," you say, "they go outside and come back?"

Why would they comeback? it's so flipping crowded down there and the food supply around the cave has to be pretty picked over.

I hope Amy ruins the snakes.

Edited by Chaliceinnana
  • Like 1

Oh my, the virginity line is another hint ! \(^o^)/

This ep sounds good in the Shamy side. Amy had been able to notice a major error that Sheldon, yes, The Sheldon Lee COOPER had never pointed out before ? in a  beloved movie that he had watched more than once ? that's huge ! I love the critical Amy and she's back, stronger and smarter, YAY ! Did I mention I love it when she beats him ha ha.

They mentionned something like a hug between Mayim and Jim at the end of the ep in the spoiler thread... is it a Shamy hug ? Hope so, I need some cuteness please ^^ Unfortunately there is no more informations about it...

BTW, Their date night had upgrade from the classic romantic dinner night ( which were really not suited for them... hate 6.01) to watching a movie togheter. That's a relief and precisely when you remember the rude comments Sheldon made about their date nights in the tenure ep. Seems like they talked about it. It's all good...

• Like 3

I was just talking to Andy about how it seems they're a lot more relaxed around each other, especially given the not-so-subtle hints they constantly make about what used to be unspoken issues in their relationship: kissing and sex. I wonder whether the D&D really made them open up to each other and their apparent comfort around each other and in talking about that stuff is a consequence of knowing where each of them stand. Amy in 7x01 gets angry at Bernadette for suggesting she cheats on Sheldon (implying the fact that they're not physical right now isn't an issue for her), then they have her joke to him about kissing with him joking back, now this one, with him apologizing. Seems to me like Amy being told that he's working on his issues has made her a lot more relaxed about it and willing to wait (not that she wasn't before). And Sheldon now comfortable with acknowledging these things instead of letting them fly over his head. That all sounds very healthy to me.

And yes, I love that smart Amy is back and that their date nights are back to what they're meant to be! Such a change from the beginning of S6 where she was all "normal" and into normal dates. I have to say I'm liking the first 4 eps this season better than the first 4 eps last season. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 2

oh, LOL. that makes SO much more sense. i didn't get the line at first. 

I agree...that line makes a LOT more sense now.  I thought they had had a talk at one time and she was referring to that...meaning they had talked about it and she as telling him that watching just a "good" movie was not a way for him to go about helping her lose her virginity.   But this makes far more sense.  LOL!

Posted by Koops  7 minutes ago

I was just talking to Andy about how it seems they're a lot more relaxed around each other, especially given the not-so-subtle hints they constantly make about what used to be unspoken issues in their relationship: kissing and sex. I wonder whether the D&D really made them open up to each other and their apparent comfort around each other and in talking about that stuff is a consequence of knowing where each of them stand. Amy in 7x01 gets angry at Bernadette for suggesting she cheats on Sheldon (implying the fact that they're not having physical right now isn't an issue for her), then they have her joke to him about kissing with him joking back, now this one, with him apologizing. Seems to me like Amy being told that he's working on his issues has made her a lot more relaxed about it and willing to wait (not that she wasn't before). And Sheldon now comfortable with acknowledging these things instead of letting them fly over his head. That all sounds very healthy to me.

And yes, I love that smart Amy is back and that their date nights are back to what they're meant to be! Such a change from the beginning of S6 where she was all "normal" and into normal dates. I have to say I'm liking the first 4 eps this season better than the first 4 eps last season.

I so agree with all of this!

Edited by stardustmelody

Oh my, the virginity line is another hint ! \(^o^)/

This ep sounds good in the Shamy side. Amy had been able to notice a major error that Sheldon, yes, The Sheldon Lee COOPER had never pointed out before ? in a  beloved movie that he had watched more than once ? that's huge ! I love the critical Amy and she's back, stronger and smarter, YAY ! Did I mention I love it when she beats him ha ha.

They mentionned something like a hug between Mayim and Jim at the end of the ep in the spoiler thread... is it a Shamy hug ? Hope so, I need some cuteness please ^^ Unfortunately there is no more informations about it...

BTW, Their date night had upgrade from the classic romantic dinner night ( which were really not suited for them... hate 6.01) to watching a movie togheter. That's a relief and precisely when you remember the rude comments Sheldon made about their date nights in the tenure ep. Seems like they talked about it. It's all good...

I wonder if it's more a matter of pointing out something that as fans the guys would have overlooked or glossed over rather than something they didn't get because they weren't smart enough.

It's like a lot of favorite movies--if you like the movie to begin with, especially if you first saw it as a child, like these guys probably did, you're likely to overlook certain aspects that might be flawed, or you come up with ways to explain away the plot holes, like the way they mention the "submarine controversy" in the 21-Second Excitation.

And apparently the hug is a Jim/Mayim moment at the end of a scene on the couch.

Sprinkles posted the second half of her report at the other forum.  The link is in the S7 Spoilers thread.

Edited by phantagrae

Oh my gosh!  You are not going to believe these sides.  It is too good that I could not wait to post these to you all!   Oh my gosh...breathe.....  Monique...you are going to die going to this taping!   I so want to be there and I am so jealous!  LOL!

Very Shamy...but hilarious!

Update:  I heard that the sides site can lose ability to have access to sides if we publish them.  PM me if you feel compelled to discuss.  Sorry about that.  Evidently New Girl sides were taken down from all sides sites because of them getting published.  I don't want that to happen with BBT.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 5

Oh my gosh!  You are not going to believe these sides.  It is too good that I could not wait to post these to you all!   Oh my gosh...breathe..... See attached file for 7.05 sides.  Monique...you are going to die going to this taping!   I so want to be there and I am so jealous!  LOL!

Very Shamy...but hilarious!

Thanks!  Love it!

"Boy-girl relationship...A physical one, too." :)

Edited by phantagrae

Oy Vey! Is Amy transferring to Caltech or something??? Intriguing! And yet even more physical jokes!

eta: And boy does that handholding line makes up for the bear paw!!! These writers have been taking notes! 

eta2: And if Amy is at Caltech... even temporarily... and he's bragging about their physical relationship.... do I sense Bawwy???

Edited by koops
  • Like 2

Thanks!  Love it!

"Boy-girl relationship...A physical one, too." :)

I know...it was a hilarious and telling them about the spanking...oh that boy needs to learn a few things....haha

I had a thought about the 7.04 spoiler.   I liked that Amy stood ground and told Sheldon that revenge was not necessary, but what is also interesting is that Sheldon's only exposure to couples are Howardette, Lenny and his parents.  We know he sees Lenny as not very successful because they seem to breakup and get back together over and over in his mind.   Howardette act similar to his parents and he sees that they seem to be stable and his parents lasted until his father died (even if not very happily).  Yet he associates them as still "loving" relationships.   So for him to model his and Amy after his parents (and in a way Howardette because they sort of behave similar to his parents as far as relationships go) who he still views as having loved each other.  Fascinating.   Sure he needs to learn what was wrong with his parents relationship so he doesn't repeat those things, but it is interesting he is trying to model his relationship with Amy with "marriage".   Another hint?

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 3

Yikes!!! now I'm wondering if the "physical one too" examples will lead Amy to find out from the Caltech group what Kripke shared. Oh boy! Will Amy become aware that her "genitals are getting a proper jostling" from Sheldon????

You beat me to it! I was thinking that too. Especially since there are several throwbacks to last season already in those lines! 

• Like 3

Are they at CalTech?

Yes, I think it's pretty obvious, because the guys are having lunch at another table and Sheldon has been taking advice from Howard about how to deal with Amy at work. I guess she's either temporarily working there on a project or has transferred for good. I'm guessing project because I doubt they'd want to move her over permanently, then they'd have to have her in every lunchtime scene and it might be a bit too much Shamy for the show. 

Yikes!!! now I'm wondering if the "physical one too" examples will lead Amy to find out from the Caltech group what Kripke shared. Oh boy! Will Amy become aware that her "genitals are getting a proper jostling" from Sheldon????

It had better lead to that scene. I still feel that one is unresolved.  :sarcastic:

I think Amy is a visiting professor who UCLA lent out to help with a project of some sort.   I suspect she will still be at UCLA, otherwise they have to have a whole story just on her transfer before this one and we know that didn't happen.   Likewise, I think they would have to have her join the guys daily, as Koops said, and that would not likely be the case.  They are probably there for a special project.

Edited by stardustmelody

Ok... I'm a lurker! Have been for the last 12 months! It's how I get my Big Bang news. I am also a massive shamy fan...

I had to come in and say that script side has made my night. They are really becoming comfortable with one another aren't they? THAT'S the kind of relationship I want them to have. Weird to us but normal to them.

Anyways I'll slip back off and lurk! Shamy fans I love you! WHOOT!