The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

My dad loved Little House on the Prairie too, he is a big Michael Landon fan. And pretty much all the fans of that show I know are male and my dad's age, so I dunno.. I suppose in the US is supposed to be a girly show?

But I always hated Laura Ingalls!!!! ugh, she was so incredibly annoying with all her being perfect! I loved Harriet though :D

I don't know of any guys who were big fans of the Little House show, but my mom really liked it.  I guess my dad liked it okay, but it was always my mom who wanted to watch it.  And what's-her-name that played Laura looked like my little sister with her braids...

I never read the books, though.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad loved Little House on the Prairie too, he is a big Michael Landon fan. And pretty much all the fans of that show I know are male and my dad's age, so I dunno.. I suppose in the US is supposed to be a girly show?

But I always hated Laura Ingalls!!!! ugh, she was so incredibly annoying with all her being perfect! I loved Harriet though :D

I am going to date myself here. I watched Little House during its first run.

Harriet's the only one with a sense of humor and since she and Nels had a bedroom door that shut... I am pretty sure he's the only one that was getting any.

Which  I am proud to say occurred to me at age 9.

Did we ever get a title for 7x3?  My list-making OCD is killing me with that...

And I was wondering if there is some kind of title significance to Bill's Chex Mix pic...

I thought about numerical clues, like the number of pieces of each type?

Anyone think of anything?

Did we ever get a title for 7x3?  My list-making OCD is killing me with that...

And I was wondering if there is some kind of title significance to Bill's Chex Mix pic...

I thought about numerical clues, like the number of pieces of each type?

Anyone think of anything?

7.03 title was The Scavenger Vortex.   I suspect the Chex Mix may have significance but honestly have no clue.   That would be the script on the episode that is about Shamy/Amy so not sure how that would come into play.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

i cannot believe the sides :icon_cry: it isnt even sweeps. :icon_cry:

I know! this isn't even sweeps!

SWEEPS WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME!

I am so loving that it is Sheldon bugging the hell out of her! By embarrassing her about their physical relationship no less. Finally the tables are turned a little. And the way he brings up the spanking in that context (and then goes on to make that remark about him kicking her being sexual or not - although struck out) makes me think he wasn't so innocent about it after all. ;) LOL. 

7.03 title was The Scavenger Vortex.   I suspect the Chex Mix may have significance but honestly have no clue.   That would be the script on the episode that is about Shamy/Amy so not sure how that would come into play.

Sorry, I meant 7x4, the one we just got a taping report for.

Do we know how early/late in the ep those sides are from? I can't remember how long scripts are. 

From the lines that are crossed out it seems that Sheldon was reluctant to engage with Amy at work in previous scenes (which is a bit odd, but whatever). So either he's giving in because he can't help himself (adorable) or he is jealous of someone. 

^I think it could also be Amy keeping her distance from Sheldon and Sheldon sort of rationalizing it in his head as them "maintaining professional boundaries" - that's what the first piece of dialogue implies, right???

Edited by menamena

^I think it could also be Amy keeping her distance from Sheldon and Sheldon sort of rationalizing it in his head as them "maintaining professional boundaries" - that's what the first piece of dialogue implies, right???

There's a struck out line where Sheldon says "I've re-thought my reluctance to engage with you at work". So I think it was him. Or maybe both. Who knows. With an early draft and crossed out lines they might have changed a few things. 

There's a struck out line where Sheldon says "I've re-thought my reluctance to engage with you at work". So I think it was him. Or maybe both. Who knows. With an early draft and crossed out lines they might have changed a few things. 

True but that could also be Sheldon arrogantly presuming that Amy wants to engage with him at work and then appearing to change his mind. It's kind of like 6x24 where Sheldon refused to meet Raj's girlfriend and then finally gave in even though Raj wasn't seeking him out. 

True. We don't really know at this stage. I just love that it seems like he doesn't last very long before strutting over there with the excuse that surely she wants to show him off. LOL. Sounds like she probably just sat down to eat with someone else and he got his panties in a twist. Love to see him groveling a little. 

True. We don't really know at this stage. I just love that it seems like he doesn't last very long before strutting over there with the excuse that surely she wants to show him off. LOL. Sounds like she probably just sat down to eat with someone else and he got his panties in a twist. Love to see him groveling a little. 

Heh-heh.  Koops mentioned Sheldon's panties... :p

Edited by phantagrae

I KNOW! You can tell he is miffed at the distance when he tells Leonard how "We're fine. As Howard advised, she's merely respecting our professional boundaries." Sound like she's sitting separately with her colleagues and not bothering him and he comes up with the whole "show off boyfriend" spiel to spend some time with her.

Though I have to add, I'm a little nervous for this ep. The sides have kind of raised my hopes and I really hope it plays out in a good natural way for Shamy and lives upto our expectations. So far, it is looking good. 

Yes, he mentions the spanking what was a penalty for lying... What if Amy found out, that Dr. Cooper has been lying too about her and their fake sex life to Kripke (and maybe further in CalTech by Kripke)? So Amy could rightfully say she is justified to spank him as well. Sheldon didn't seem to think about that when mentioning the spanking again.... I wish Kripke could be there listening too.

Edited by Catlina

I really really don't want any Kripke drama but if John is listed in the credits then that's probably where it will go. It's just so predictable and just bahhh. I think there are more fun stories they can tell with Amy visiting Sheldon's work w/o it involving the whole Kripke thing.

Edited by menamena

Phanta! 

@mena. I know, I'm kind of nervous too. Thank goodness I've just had a bit of breathing space at work so I can freak out in peace next Tuesday and actually spoil myself properly. I'm just grateful we have Monique going! Such a perfect ep to have the perfect reporter :D

So, I think I'm getting ahead of myself, or behind my self or someplace wrong... DOH!

The Chex Mix pic was posted on the 18th--was that the table read day for the script with the current sides--7x5?  If so, then we already know the title--The Workplace Proximity.

And the caption on the photo says, "The correct way to eat Chex Mix", so I wonder if it even has anything to do with the script title or the table read (unless they were eating Chex Mix during the table read, or unless someone *coughSheldoncough* has an issue with how Chex Mix is eaten at some point during the episode.

I really really don't want any Kripke drama but if John is listed in the credits then that's probably where it will go. It's just so predictable and just bahhh. I think there are more fun stories they can tell with Amy visiting Sheldon's work w/o it involving the whole Kripke thing.

Exactly--I really don't care if they ever revisit the stuff with Kripke, as funny as it was.