The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

Thank you Koops, Menamena, and Stardust for your great posts! :icon_cry:  I wanted to say I've not lost my hope with Shamy. I'm not mad either, but near the end of patience with some things in the show as menamena said it well.   

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In every taping report the language of the Strawberry Quik scene is a little different, so I don't know which one is the most accurate, but the overall sense I get from the exchange is that Sheldon li

About the kiss (they showed it to us!) *he put his hands on her waist when he moved his body closer to hers. *he said, "good" after she said, "that was nice." * he spoke as if he was going to fai

Posted Images

I've spent the last couple days reading and agreeing so much with practically everything you had wrote guys. I so agree the main sad result we had got from all this is boredom, I'd say the writers are doing a pretty good job in alienating both, those how miss the "ol good times" and those (like many of us) who became hardocre fans after the introduction of the new characters. As some of you had said, they should be bold as they were back then, they wanted the show to advance, they wanted those two amazing gals to become part of the family and they stuck to their guns, and it was a great success. I don't know why they are being so erratic as lately.

Also, as menamena and koops had said, as a first and foremost Amy fan, it's painful the abadonment they have her stuck in.

I mean, she is an amazing character and Mayim is wonderful in her job when they let her be, and she is a two times Emmy nominated actress!, why on earth don't they give her something to work with?, at least a third of the opportunities to shine they give to Jim/Sheldon.

Instead of that, she is painfully depicted as the saddest character of the show, they had taken everything away for her but her dissapointing "romantic" relationship. Of course the other two girls have problems with their SOs, but at least they enjoy almost instant reward for their trioubles, and they receive physical and emotional affection from them. Amy, by definition, doesn't have that with Sheldon, but all that amazing camaraderie and understanding they shared had been taken away. Now, if the relationship is not fullfilling, well, she used to spend time and have adventures with her galpals, now she only gathers with them to talk about how frustrating their men (specially hers) are, most importantly, she used to be that zany, carefree soul, now she is only shown moping around, because of how sad her past is, and how sad her present is.

I also agree with those who say they have hope for them, I could never ever hate on them (specially not against Amy, she is my girl, I totally love her), but there's no use for them to throw us amazing stuff like Love Spell, because it doesn't have any real, important consequences afterwards, worse, it seems to just come out of the blue, it's not believable to hear Sheldon say stuff like "What we have is extremely intimate" and "I don't think our relationship is a joke" after seeing him episode after episode ignoring her or treating her as a punching bag.

Edited by sarah7
  • Like 6

I've spent the last couple days reading and agreeing so much with practically everything you had wrote guys. I so agree the main sad result we had got from all this is boredom, I'd say the writers are doing a pretty good job in alienating both, those how miss the "ol good times" and those (like many of us) who became hardocre fans after the introduction of the new characters. As some of you had said, they should be bold as they were back then, they wanted the show to advance, they wanted those two amazing gals to become part of the family and they stuck to their guns, and it was a great success. I don't know why they are being so erratic as lately.

Also, as menamena and koops had said, as a first and foremost Amy fan, it's painful the abadonment they have her stuck in.

I mean, she is an amazing character and Mayim is wonderful in her job when they let her be, and she is a two times Emmy nominated actress!, why on earth don't they give her something to work with?, at least a third of the opportunities to shine they give to Jim/Sheldon.

Instead of that, she is painfully depicted as the saddest character of the show, they had taken everything away for her but her dissapointing "romantic" relationship. Of course the other two girls have problems with their SOs, but at least they enjoy almost instant reward for their trioubles, and they receive physical and emotional affection from them. Amy, by definition, doesn't have that with Sheldon, but all that amazing camaraderie and understanding they shared had been taken away. Now, if the relationship is not fullfilling, well, she used to spend time and have adventures with her galpals, now she only gathers with them to talk about how frustrating their men (specially hers) are, most importantly, she used to be that zany, carefree soul, now she is only shown moping around, because of how sad her past is, and how sad her present is.

I also agree with those who say they have hope for them, I could never ever hate on them (specially not against Amy, she is my girl, I totally love her), but there's no use for them to throw us amazing stuff like Love Spell, because it doesn't have any real, important consequences afterwards, worse, it seems to just come out of the blue, it's not believable to hear Sheldon say stuff like "What we have is extremely intimate" and "I don't think our relationship is a joke" after seeing him episode after episode ignoring her or treating her as a punching bag.

Word, especially the part in bold. THAT is what bothers me the most. I always said that I find it silly for people to get all up in arms about how Amy should dump Sheldon because he's not giving her physical affection, as what might be priorities to "normal" people might not be priorities for her: she gets other things out of the relationship that, to her, are more important than physical affection and therefore she doesn't really mind all that much that Sheldon is so stingy in that department. Those "other things" were camaraderie and an intellectual connection she could not have or find in anyone else, and the reason why she picked him over Stuart in S5. But I am now finding myself not really able to say that anymore, because 1) we hardly ever get to see them enjoy each other's company and camaraderie these days, Amy is so often just turned into the straight-man to play off Sheldon it's ridiculous and 2) she CONSTANTLY makes comments about the lack of affection. So I can't say that she gets anything out of the relationship anymore (because we NEVER see it) and I can't say that she has other priorities because ALL she ever talks about to others is how he ignores her or all the affection she doesn't get.

It's just a totally unbelievable dynamic right now, I just don't buy why this woman would still want to be in this relationship any longer. Yes, we see Sheldon being all smitten on *his own* terms, and he obviously gets an awful lot out of his cute little lump of wool. And the writers want us to believe that as long as Sheldon is happy, that's all that matters. His needs first and foremost. Amy will just put up with anything and continue sticking by him for... what? Same reason why Leonard could not answer Proton's question about why he needs Sheldon. And instead of getting an episode where Sheldon ponders about how much his friends mean to him and how his life would be without them, we are getting one where everyone will realize how grateful they are to have Sheldon in their lives. 

And no, Chloe, you're not the only one who missed that and it annoyed me way more than THE line. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 8

Yeah I missed that eye roll too!!! But I didn't miss the look he gave Amy when Raj told her she needs to be patient. (As if she's not LOL).

As an Amy fan I cannot disagree with what all you guys say. At that point we need an anyone-but-Sheldon centric episode but I'd love to be an Amy one. And not as part of the Shamy just about her!! We really need to see her as an independent character again!!! I have hope too and I have to mention 7.05 when the writers did the best they could do and have Amy care about her work most of all. She is a professional and she just wants to do her job and with a little luck scare the crap out of some monkeys!!! All I need now is Amy in her lab. She always has a good time at work and I want her to be happy!!!!

Edited by Cecilia
  • Like 2

I Iiterally can't think of anything that will cheer people up despite all the cute stuff that has happened this season. I think there's definitely some deep damage here that I had sort of stored away into my subconscious when season 7 started because the dynamic was so radically different. Even though what has happened so far is not that bad (yet) and much has changed I think part of me (and I can't speak for everyone but it's possible that it could apply to a handful of us) is still angry and can't let go of the way Amy was treated during season 6. So even the slightest reminder of what was has bought it all back to the forefront of my mind and is adding a huge amount of fuel to the fire at the moment.

Although I'm trying to remain positive and take a step back I do find myself agreeing with a lot of your posts and it makes me confused and annoyed. What happened last year has conditioned a fear of that kind of shamy into me, and as soon as I'm presented with tiny glimpses of it, I want to scream and to beat it to death with a flaming baseball bat, even if it's relatively harmless.

I don't even know whether what I'm feeling is rational or not. Part of the annoyance I feel I know is legit but I ask myself if I'm getting more upset than I should be. How much irritation is being stirred into the pot from the stagnant old jug labelled "bear paw" and how much is already there from what is happening now? I just don't know :(.

I think for that reason, I might step away from reading most threads for a while until can clear my head, so I'll see y'all in a bit! 

tumblr_inline_mx3hcsBDbM1qc6lqf.gif

Edited by Razberrypie
  • Like 5

Totally agree with what koops and Sarah are saying here. Another point I forgot to mention - I feel like constantly focusing on Sheldon does not only rob us of character growth but also robs the show from getting better itself. This is something I mentioned in the scavenger vortex episode thread but I'll say it again, one of the things I loved about 7x03 was that the humor in the episode was derived from all the characters quirks, not just Sheldon's. Sheldon wasn't the sole source of humor unlike in 6x04 where the entire ep was just a giant gag of Sheldon sucking at each game. Also, what's great is that this frees up the writers to focus on other characters and take advantage of the brilliant comedic skills of the shows excellent and talented cast. 7x03 was an episode where we all got to enjoy something from each character: Bernadette's cutthroat competitiveness, Leonard's lack of competitiveness, Raj's gamemastership, Howard & Amy singing Neil Diamond, Penny's desire to win.

Honestly, to me 7x03 was a really good template of how to write a funny ensemble episode without making it all about Sheldon. Another example of such an ep would be launch acceleration which followed the major developments in all the three couples and focused on both sides of the story. We had Amy taking a proactive (but not in a mature normal inconsistent Amy way) approach to accelerating her relationship with Sheldon in her own unique/oddball way. We had Sheldon responding to those experiments in his own unique Sheldon way. We had that brilliant "gas" scene with Leonard/Penny and that hilarious line from Leonard about "cookies". I could go on but I've made my point. The show greatly benefits when it uses ALL the cast and stops fixating solely on Sheldon and his issues because honestly the cast is hilarious. Why can't we have an episode where Amy has a huge tyrst at work with some random stranger and Sheldon has to support her instead? Or an ep where Sheldon gets to play straight man to Leonard's madness. Or an episode where Leonard is holding back a bit from Penny. There's just so much potential here for some great stories, I really don't understand why they aren't jumping in.

Edited by menamena
  • Like 5

Welcome back Cait!  So glad to have our Queen return!  

I agree with many of the comments above (Koops, Sonia, Sarah, etc.) and can't add much to it.  I am really hoping some intern on the team is reading all of these comments and raising a red flag to the writers.   The writing team really needs to know how people feel. I think there is a lot of boredom with the show and not just with internet users. I see it with casual viewers as well. This is very dangerous for the show.  They really need to see many of these comments because as Sonia mentioned in her post, the focus on Sheldon all of the time is basically sucking out the life of the show.  There is a complete ensemble cast and yet the focus has been so much on Sheldon (and/or Penny, but even her focus has been to a lesser extent this season) that it has been hard to find new material for the writers to come up with.  They have spent far too much time focusing on keeping Sheldon who he is and trying to keep Penny the "dumb blond bombshell" that it isn't working anymore.   Fans are bored with that premise and the fact these characters have been going no where.   I truly hope someone at the show is reading and taking these comments to heart.

• Like 5

SO I am a little late to this party but YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY Caits on the spoiler page!! YAYAAYAYAYYAAYA!!!!!!! Welcome back Queen Cait!

BigBangTheory-HappyDance.gif

You know the rules..

Fish+slap_8ed241_4605702.gif

Welcome back, I missed you.

Aw! You guys are making me feel so loved! :icon_cry: I also obviously missed you guys too. Being spoiler free is lonely business. 

tumblr_mxeviiVa661qdz44io4_250.gif

Am I the only one who missed the eye roll? 

I missed it. Granted, at that point in the episode I just wanted to punch everyone. 

I think for that reason, I might step away from reading most threads for a while until can clear my head, so I'll see y'all in a bit! 

tumblr_inline_mx3hcsBDbM1qc6lqf.gif

I'll miss you. </3 :( 

• Like 1

Amy needs to give Sheldon "THE BIGGEST SCARE OF HIS LIFE" Sheldon has to feel that he is really losing her, but in a worst way than 4 x 3 and 5 x10. I don´t know how, but it must strong and hard enough to make him realize that she REALLY is the woman he loves!

Edited by Susana Alcira Cairó

Amy needs to give Sheldon "THE BIGGEST SCARE OF HIS LIFE" Sheldon has to feel that he is really losing her, but in a worst way than 4 x 3 and 5 x10. I don´t know how, but it must strong and hard enough to make his realize that she REALLY is the woman he loves!

I don't agree with this at all. I think it would be very OOC to leave Sheldon for something so trival (to them) as physical affection.

As it has been said here before, she fell in love with his mind and his quirks. She knows how to deal with Sheldon. Sheldon is fascinated with her as well. They are solid, I cannot see a breakup happening or anything remotely close to it.

They've always communicated with each other very clearly, besides this issue. I suspect that is mainly the writers not knowing where to go with them though. Only time will tell but I don't see Amy going anywhere nor Sheldon.

And scaring a person to get your own way seems very cruel and selfish, which Amy is neither.

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 1

Amy needs to give Sheldon "THE BIGGEST SCARE OF HIS LIFE" Sheldon has to feel that he is really losing her, but in a worst way than 4 x 3 and 5 x10. I don´t know how, but it must strong and hard enough to make him realize that she REALLY is the woman he loves!

That could be a solution but I'm not sure if I'd like to see something like that no matter how much Sheldon deserves it. I definitely wouldn't want for Amy to give Sheldon an ultimatum. I mean that is the point of the SIK. That Sheldon initiates any form of physical intimacy without being threatened or somehow scared by Amy. A nice scenario could have Amy really thinking what she is asking for and realizing that asking for sex or talking about it or whatever is different than actually doing it. And I find it consistent with Sheldon's character to want something - or to be more precise to realize that he wants something - when he can no longer have it. So, Amy tells him that she realized that she was pushy sometimes and that intimacy scares her too and Sheldon decides that he is ready to move forward (which means just a little kiss of course because they hug now - I think :-p ). But if that did happen then we'd be robbed from those delightful Amy-is-frustrated jokes!! Silly me!!! :-P

• Like 2

For me, the most painful thing is how they are wasting Amy's character... Lets make her a real part of the show and not JUST a support actress, used here and there without any straight consistency. I'm tired of it. I think we all are.

We still have another half season to rectify the tendency and with a little luck, to give us some amazing suprises and awesome stuff. They've done it before. Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

Yeah I missed that eye roll too!!! But I didn't miss the look he gave Amy when Raj told her she needs to be patient. (As if she's not LOL).

As an Amy fan I cannot disagree with what all you guys say. At that point we need an anyone-but-Sheldon centric episode but I'd love to be an Amy one. And not as part of the Shamy just about her!! We really need to see her as an independent character again!!! I have hope too and I have to mention 7.05 when the writers did the best they could do and have Amy care about her work most of all. She is a professional and she just wants to do her job and with a little luck scare the crap out of some monkeys!!! All I need now is Amy in her lab. She always has a good time at work and I want her to be happy!!!!

That line from Raj was honestly so stupid, to say that to the most unbelievable patient woman in the world is adding insult to injury.

After giving it some thought (because I had no idea where did it came from), I came to the conclusion Raj was calling out Amy reacting to Sheldon's "everything is sex with you!", but the way he said it, in such a matter of factly way, it's just ridiculous, because, what the heck does he knows about Shamy anyway? I mean, in the case of Howardette, well, he is best buddies with Howard, spend a lot more time with them, he was actually living in their home, but Sheldon and Amy?, I honestly don't think Sheldon goes into details about his relationship with him, and he barely interacts with Amy, how does he know how much she is "pushing" him?, it's not like Amy is asking Sheldon for sex every night during dinner in front of everybody.

It just makes no sense.

Edited by sarah7
  • Like 7

I think Raj was responding to Sheldon's comment, not Amy's reaction, since she didn't really have time to react before Raj made his comment.

I think that Sheldon's reactions to Raj's comments are kind of interesting. He rolls his eyes at Raj's first comment, but then when Raj makes his second comment, Sheldon looks at her like, "yeah, what he said", until Amy tells him to go, at which point Sheldon does his confused double take at her response.

I must be insensitive, ignorant or easily pleased, I guess, because I'm not feeling pained, or disappointed or frustrated or bored by any of this.

But in looking at some of the things that people have mentioned, I guess I didn't attach as much significance to things that others did.

The hand-holding in the S5 finale, for instance, and the hand-holding at the movies--to me they were not any kind of harbinger of great affection on Sheldon's part, especially because Amy was clearly the one who insisted on holding hands at the movies. Sheldon never said that he enjoyed it or wanted to do it--in fact, it was just the opposite, so why would it be surprising that he would draw on that as something to object to when he wanted something to gripe about in the Closet ep?

I don't think that I have any kind of loser expectation of development of any of the characters, but I guess I also have a lower burn point or something because I'm not bored with either the show or the characters or the relationships, and I'm not mad or impatient or ready to write the show off or whatever it is everyone seems to be saying.

Am I missing something?

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1

She didnt scare him, but she used him in 6 x 10 ín her benefit. (and I love AMY very much!)

Yes, but I don't think Sheldon took anything "sexual" out of that. I don't see a way of her getting what she ultimately wants without Sheldon wanting it and ready on his terms.

I will stick to saying, manipulating him in anyway to get what she wants is wrong and I don't think Amy would do that.

• Like 1