The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ar Diem

Lionne Is On The Hotseat

Wio is on the hotseat.  Ask away!

A couple of guidelines:

1) This is an absolutely zero debate zone.

2) Follow-up questions are heavily encouraged. You are also encouraged to discuss things you find you have in common

3) Some people will be more open than others about sharing real life details. Please respect that.

4) It is not off-topic to explore something about a person like a hobby or cultural differences as long as they don't mind answering.

5) We post about TBBT so much in other forums and since it can turn into a debate so easily TBBT questions are discouraged. If you want to ask something please be careful... please.

6) Different people will answer at different paces so don't get discouraged if it takes awhile to get your answer.

7) Specific interpretations of religion and religious text are a hot mess on a message board on a good day. They really need to be avoided in hotseats because it will make future participants uneasy. The same goes for political discussions. Remember this is a zero debate zone.

8) Have fun!!

New Standard Starting Questions:

1) Why did you choose your screen name and avatar?

2) How did you find this board?

3) If you don't mind answering what is your gender and approximate age?

4) Same on general location of where you are currently living.

5) What is your favorite kind of music?

6) What is your least favorite kind of music?

7) What is your favorite cuisine?

8) Do you have any siblings, if so how many and where do you fall in the line-up?

9) Do you have any pets?

10) Hobbies?

11) What is your favorite color?

12) What celebrity would you pick to play in a movie about your life?

13) What is your favorite time of day?

14) What do you do that you find especially rewarding?

15) What animal do you think best represents your personality?

1) if you had to have a roommate and you could only choose from the tbbt characters who would you choose

2) if you could have 5 famous people at your fantasy dinner party who would they be

3) your favorite episode?

4) of all the stories you have written which is your favorite?

Edited by rachelshamyfan

Is there anyone in particular that has influenced your writing?

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?  (Barbara Walters asked that of Katherine Hepburn in an interview and many thought that was a silly question so I like to ask)

:wub: :wub: Well looky here. :wub: :wub:

1. Are you related to anyone famous? Living or dead. 

2. Since I know you have a cat, how many do you have and what are their names? 

3. Favourite period in history? 

4. Do you have any phobias? 

5. What was your upbringing like? 

6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be, and why? 

7. Favourite season of the year? 

8. You live in the Starbucks capital of the world, therefore you must have quite the developed coffee palette. What's your favourite kind? 

9. Do you love Hungarian dolphins? 

10. What does your post-secondary education consist of? 

:wub: 

New Standard Starting Questions:

1) Why did you choose your screen name and avatar?

When I discovered this wacky thing called "The Internet" during a dull spot in the summer, I found you got to name yourself. I remember I sitting next to a French/English Dictionary because was that my chosen form of required torture (ie. language study) demanded by my school. I just started looking up French words for things that I liked, and lions (and other big cats) are very high on that list. I came across Lionne, which is French for Lioness, and was sold. So it's my first and favorite Internet code name, and the classics are always the best, and it suits me, so I have stuck with it.

As for the current avatar, I am blonde, and I am always plugged into a set of earphones (plugged into an iPad and pair of these as we speak: http://www.urbanears.com/headphones/plattan/plattan-grape/), and I'm a graphic designer who specializes in doing girlie girl stuff, particularly drawing girlie and anime types of characters, so this really fits. Wish I had drawn this one myself - perhaps in the future I should do my own.

2) How did you find this board?

The only way I used to fill my need to talk, discuss, or read about shows that I watched which rl people I knew did not was Television Without Pity. Up until The Big Bang Theory, I watched shows that that forum covered and had huge discussion areas for. The Big Bang Theory was just one catchall forum, and the overall conversation was often pretty negative. As I fell in love with the show, I went hunting for others and found this forum and Fan Forum and started lurking.

It was a really hard call between Fan Forum, where the Shamy thread had an obscene amount of glitter, disturbing kitty and bunny avatars, and this Forum, which was a lot along the lines of TWOP but just more of it. However, for all of the disturbing cutesy-ness of Fan Forum, at least they didn't have the disturbingly massive signatures to scroll through that this place did. Then I saw a post here about how the middle aged female idiots who were new fans to TBBT in season 4 were ruining the show, and since that could be applied to me, I decided on the other one. Never regretted that decision. I would come to lurk here and see RickFromIllinois and Cbolt fighting like cats and dogs, these INSANELY HUGE signatures all blinking at me, and then I would flee. It ended up being Koops, and her posts, and a new crowd I find fun in the Shamy thread, and then Koops telling me that it just so happened to be possible to turn off the signatures so you could skip them, that convinced me to come here. Since then, I've stayed for the chat feature, and basically stopped writing my horrible novella posts.

I haven't heard anyone say they miss hearing from me, so I assume everyone relieved I have a different outlet for all my chatter.

And then you asked me to be in the hot seat - such a big mistake. Big, BIG mistake.

3) If you don't mind answering what is your gender and approximate age?

I'm female and in my mid-30's.

4) Same on general location of where you are currently living.

Seattle, WA.

5) What is your favorite kind of music?

I'm not sure I really have one. I was raised on Blue Grass, Folk, and Country. One of the few things my family could all agree to listen to in the car was Waylon Jennings, and he is still one of my favorites. My iTunes says I have music in 17 different genres, everything from comedy, soundtrack, classical, country, rock, alternative, and etc. Generally, I just realize that something I've heard recently has gotten stuck in my head, and I go out and buy the song. That can be anything. I'm more into the songs than the artists.

Although if I have to name one favorite artist, I'd say that Bruce Springsteen is someone I come back to again and again. Although I'm hardly cool, I'm currently totally stuck listening to the closing music from Sailor Moon Stars.

I'll probably regret confessing that.

6) What is your least favorite kind of music?

The most violent of Heavy Metal, and the stuff that goes beyond it...I don't even know what the genre is called. Anything that is simply a full on assault of the senses. I have no idea how people stand listening to that stuff.

7) What is your favorite cuisine?

Thai. I don't care if it's gastronomically redundant, I can eat curry everyday.

8) Do you have any siblings, if so how many and where do you fall in the line-up?

I have a younger brother. Obvs, I'm the oldest.

9) Do you have any pets?

2 cats named Sophie and Chloe. They come from the same litter and have never spent more than 1 night apart. Chloe is a calico and Sophie is a rare female marmalade kitty, all white and orange. They are particularly fluffy and pretty cats with huge eyes, when they were kittens I was actually afraid the orange kitty would blink too violently and her eyeballs would pop out of her head. Luckily, she grew into them.

10) Hobbies?

Listening to music is the big one. I'm a graphic designer, so I suppose that all of my drawing, sketching and such is for work rather than hobbies at this point. As would be reading art books and magazines, and I'm not sure I do much else than read. On occasion I sign up to play volleyball or tennis at my local club, because I grew up playing sports and still like to play. I also really like to swim, and try to do laps at least 4 times a week, although I usually only make 2. I also like walking, and sometimes do walks to support charities, especially depression & suicide prevention and epilepsy charities, for reasons. Last one I did was 20 miles, and it about killed me, but I finished it.

I get into odd things at odd times - I randomly decided to collect all the state quarters and even bought a huge map from the US Mint to do so. It was really fun. I also collect art and am building a pretty interesting collection of glass pieces.

I feel this answer is boring, but I don't drink nor partake in bungee jumping, so my state quarter collection and knowledge of the US mint are about the most interesting things I've got. I suppose you could say that TBBT is my current hobby, but I've given up on television. I just moved and decided not to get Tv or cable, and two months later, I'm still fine with that decision.

11) What is your favorite color?

Purple. Purple. And then add in some more purple, maybe? With a hint of lavender. There you have perfection.

I also like red. Favorite combination of color is purple, yellow and red.

12) What celebrity would you pick to play in a movie about your life?

People always say Kyra Sedgwick, so I'm going with her if she'll eat a few more sandwiches. I'm not that skinny.

13) What is your favorite time of day?

3 in the morning is a nice one, because everything is so quiet and peaceful, but about an hour before sunset, when the golden light is slanting through the trees...the way everything looks lit from the side, and the world is so golden and saturated with color and light - that's my favorite time, really. Or just after sunset, in twilight, when everything becomes cool and secret and soft. All of them are beautiful and special times.

14) What do you do that you find especially rewarding?

For me, art is especially rewarding and fascinating. I like to do my best on a piece, and think, perhaps, it looks like something or represents something or has a certain emotional feel to it, and then step back and let people interact with it. For one thing, it always intrigues me if people like it and I'm curious why. Obviously I did my best at it, but I've been winning blue ribbons and major awards and such for my art since I was little, and sometimes I wonder what makes my piece stand out above or against someone else's. Not that I'm not competitive about it, I can usually sit in class and I know my pieces are better than the pack, but I always see something else which I really like. If I win, and I usually do, I always wonder why it happened, because art is something that's so subjective. I am always wondering HOW I know how to put certain lines or colors together, why my instincts guide me to make certain decisions, and then WHY other people end up liking those decisions so much.

That's partly why I chose art over science and other studies - its so mysterious. So many things in the world are logical, and you follow certain steps and you get the same results. Or you can deduce, logically, why certain steps lead to certain results. With art, you are literally making things up out of thin air, everything depends on your creativity and then on your sense of taste, texture, color, and line. Then it demands of you to have the control over your brush or scissors or pen, basically, the touch of your hand to brush to paper, or from your mind to fingertip to keyboard, to make these lines and colors precisely perfect, to make it what you want it to be. Then, sometimes, you have to know what mistakes you've made to keep, and which to fix. It is nothing but you and your creative drive and your sensibilities and, most of all, your absolute determination to make these visions and feelings come to life. It doesn't exist nor come to fruition without you, and the only person that you have really trying to beat, or to top, or to push to new levels of perfection and technique is yourself.

Then you step back and see if anyone else relates to or likes what you have done. Or even if they respond to it at all - the worst is if people are apathetic to it, but typically I don't get that result. I love that people always bring their own feelings and interpretations to what I paint or draw or make, it's very rewarding when someone wants to own a copy or ask me to make them something. I love it when people point out things in the work I didn't see but are totally valid interpretations of the work - perhaps they are seeing things they bring to the work, or perhaps they see something I let slip and didn't mean to reveal! Or maybe I never intended it at all, but it's what someone sees and they like it, which is all the more interesting. It's rewarding when someone picks up on the small things I put into a work, the little details, or when they relate to my work or "feel" it on a larger scale and want to own it.

Other than that, I find my relationships rewarding. I have been lucky to find some true friendships in this world, and come from a wonderful family, so my relationships are always interesting, full of love, support, and love. When I meet new people, one compliment I get, which always baffles and amuses me, is that people can have a "real" conversation with me; that I have the ability to carry a conversation. Sadly, I do know there are people in the world who can't hold up their end of a conversation, so I know what people are talking about, but it always amazes me when people just can't go further than small talk. Small talk bores me, and so does falsehood and putting on pretentious airs and being disingenuous. I don't attract people who are shallow, and for that I'm grateful. I find my friends and family, and all of the conversation and laughter, to be the most rewarding parts of life.

That and the beauty of nature, which I seek out a lot. I'm an artist, what can I say. I like things to be beautiful.

15) What animal do you think best represents your personality?

The Lioness actually really works! Sometimes aloof as any cat, can become extremely affectionate if you are made of enough catnip, very independent. Comes from a close-knit family, and am usually very lazy and easy-going, out to soak up the sun unless I'm focused on something or protecting myself or others. At which times I can snap from seeming like a lazy artistic hedonist to incredibly aggressive, sharp, focused, and usually merciless, particularly if I'm protecting someone I like or after something I want.

Is there anyone in particular that has influenced your writing?

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?  (Barbara Walters asked that of Katherine Hepburn in an interview and many thought that was a silly question so I like to ask)

Lucy Maud Montgomery, who is most famous for writing Anne of Green Gables, is the biggest influence. Although I prefer her Emily stories, as Emily is both a much darker character with a darker life who sticks by her ambitions, passions and goals much more than Anne does in the end. However, I have had to filter Lucy out as I've grown up, because boy, can her prose get purple.

Interestingly enough, I think one of the biggest influences on my writing is online role play and gaming. I had a boyfriend who dragged me, kicking and screaming, into role-playing World of Darkness online. And then I met and dated a few more men that way, so I kept going with it on and off for a few years. The thing about online role-play, especially with a lot of geeks who are probably a lot like Leonard, Sheldon, Raj and Howard, is that the feedback is often brutal, but honest. If you cannot write well and portray a realistic character - not, say, some romance heroine nor magical fantasy girl - and partake in a pretty gritty storyline, people do not want to play with you. If I'm not engaged and active, I don't like to play, because I can get bored quickly. So I learned, very fast, to experiment with a lot of different character types, and being forced into playing supernatural characters also forced you into having to take on personality and archtype traits that you might never have chosen for yourself, but had to take on as part of the character. You always had to take on flaws against your weaknesses, for instance, you couldn't walk around being the perfect little princess (although I was partial to playing a Toreador - that's the artist in me). And if you tried to be a perfect little princess, you were going to get mocked mercilessly. It helps knock the perfectionist chip off your shoulder, and it definitely helps escape some of the Disney Princess and Barbie nonsense that can get into your system when you are younger. You give up on trying to be flawless so people will love you, because deep-seated hatred and rivalries and such are written into the game material. It's set up to create conflict, and no matter how hard you try, you really can't avoid it so you have to learn to embrace conflict and to get crafty about it if you want your character to stay alive. You embrace being imperfect, and you embrace the idea that not everyone will always like you, no matter what you do. As someone who was voted "most likeable" and the "Dear Abbey" of my class, and whom everyone just...you know...liked....I found it very liberating that in the online world, which is mostly made up of cranky assholes and drama queens, the sweeter and nicer you tried to be the more people disliked you. It helped me grow a backbone, and it definitely helped me get the cheese and purple prose out of my writing.

It's also why I can type so damn fast.

As for being a tree, what tree would I NOT want to be? I love trees, and am taking pictures of them and drawing and painting them all the time. I think if I really had to chose I'd be an oak, because oak trees are wonderful to climb, have beautiful leaves, and spread out with such beautiful branches. There is amazing elegance, nobility and yet warmth and welcome to an oak. When they get older and larger, they shelter and protect people in their shade. Besides, I love acorns, I think they are so cool, and beautiful, with their smooth shell that can either be a fresh, lovely green or weathered into a nutty, beautiful brown, and the little caps they wear. Acorns are the best, really artistically lovely little things, I just love to collect bowls of them. I often walk by oaks and end up picking up the acorns and stuffing them in my pocket for no real reason, but the other great thing is that you can cook acorns and eat them. So it's a tree that also produces food and can nourish people, so I like that about oaks as well.

I also love weep willows, which always grow around water and I do love water. I also love cedar, which produce the most beautiful wood. The fun thing about cedar, too, is that their seedlings put down very deep roots into the earth before they crown, so they always make sure that they have a stable and secure base, and have roots in the earth before they try to push up, and I think that's a very smart way of going about things.

1. Are you related to anyone famous? Living or dead. 

Not that I know of, really. I had a Great-Grandfather who was a major architect in the Seattle area; he designed what's now the Seattle Asian Art Museum in the middle of Volunteer Park. It's really beautiful.

I am also named after a Great-Grandmother who worked for General Electric, and she is famous for inventing the coating on your glasses which reduces glare and reflection, although of course GE benefits from holding the copyright on her work.

Very cool people to be related to.

2. Since I know you have a cat, how many do you have and what are their names? 

Asked and answered. ;)

3. Favourite period in history? 

Favourite with a U? Your Canadian is showing!

That is a very hard question; they are all so interesting. One of the very first books I got into when I was 6 that wasn't about anthropomorphized animals was about Greek myths. I was just fascinated with it, and that, of course, introduced me to the history of the Greeks. I also found a book in the library about early Mesopotamia, and the whole idea of where modern civilization came from, and I enjoyed studying that.

Most of my studies of history, though, come through looking at it from Art History. I know a lot about ancient Egypt because I studied Egyptian art, or I know a lot about the Renaissance because of the artistic revival and influences on art which come from that period of time. The minute you ask me what my favorite period of history is, I immediately begin thinking about my favorite artists and pieces of art, and into what period of time they fit. For instance, would I be as interested in the late 15th century without the Northern Renaissance and Albrecht Dürer? Um, maybe not. My mind goes to the artist and then the time period, which probably isn't the way I'm supposed to approach the question.

I would have to say, perhaps, that especially thanks to Ken Burn's "Civil War" documentary, I'm partial to that period of American history. At least that's a period in which I can say I did know what was going on the way you should if you really like history. However, I also find English history interesting - the period of Richard the III, the Henry's, Queen Elizabeth et al - although again, possibly because I'm returning to my studies of Shakespeare, Milton, Wyatt and Sidney - I always loved the 16th century poets best.

Now those are also some huge influences on my writing. Man, those guys could level a hot insult.

4. Do you have any phobias? 

No, not really. But I don't like snakes.

5. What was your upbringing like? 

I will say it was mostly ideal. I had parents who were loving and supportive, and who were quite bright and supported my interests of reading books and painting pictures. They were just well-rounded people who liked intellectual pursuits and sports and music & art, so I think I was extremely lucky to be exposed to all of the above. I devoured books, I played tennis, soccor, volleyball, softball, was on the swimming and diving team, and even studied ballet for one agonizing year. (I do not have the hip turn out for it.) I also skiied every weekend. I was taken to the theater to see plays, I remember seeing almost all of the Dickens novels as plays, Shakespeare, Wilde. We went for hikes up mountains, and we went on hot air balloon rides. I was sent to camp every summer for a month at a time, and tried horseback riding there, as well as went on sailing and canoeing trips. In high school I signed up for Outward Bound sailing trips, and I learned how to sail. I was taken to museums, and my parents took my brother and I to Europe for a summer, and then we traveled by RV across the US another summer, and I've driven across the US myself twice more.

So I feel that I was exposed to A LOT in my upbringing, and exposed to stuff that I think was outside the mainstream. I was allowed to watch PBS, but not too much of the network shows. When most people were home watching Seinfeld or 3's Company, I was home watching Mystery!, Masterpiece Theater, Monty Python and Dr. Who. I couldn't always participate in the conversation, because I had no idea what most people were talking about. I thought it was shocking how some of my friends were allowed to see R-rated movies when they were 10 - 12. My parents would never! Most people were listening to rock, and I was listening to NPR. I never quite felt that my interests - Monty Python, art, mystery novels - were on par with everyone else.

However, what I think is nifty is how many of my childhood friends tell me they have very fond memories of coming to my house and getting into the paints and crayons and such. They said that they always looked forward to coming to play at my house because I always wanted to do art - and my house, and doing art projects with me - was the only place they got exposed to that. It's amazing how many of them remember that, how fondly they remember it, and how vividly - they remember WHAT we painted and where and etc. Which I think is really cool.

The last thing I will say about my upbringing is that it was economically different, which I've always found insightful. Originally, my parents were high school teachers. My Mom comes from an extremely wealthy family, but my Dad comes from a low/middle class family in Maine. I'm going to say right now that I never wanted for anything, but in my opinion, my middle class family, without all of the money, was a lot closer, more loving, and just sweeter than my wealthy family. Not that my wealthy family wasn't nice, but they were weirder....or, perhaps I should say that their wealth made them very independent - they were wealthy, and they could do what they wanted to do. They could travel where they wanted, buy what they wanted, live where they wanted, and they didn't have to worry about work or money all that much, so they were free to develop their own personalities and satisfy their own whims, and they weren't very interested in little girls or kids running around and getting in their way. So when visiting my wealthy family, I was pretty much left up to my own devices, and given liberty to explore nice things - they had a house on the beach, so I could explore the beach, or they had a pool, so I could swim to my heart's content. However, it was lonely. I was the only child, and the adults didn't worry much nor care about being my companions - it was up to me to entertain myself and stay out of their way, and when they did see me, I needed to look good. And be wearing ruffles and have my hair brushed - so I also learned that I really lonely being wealthy, and I learned that there was a lot of shallow nonsense about being presentable and how you looked and what you wore and such.

Meanwhile, with my middle class family, we played games together, we made pies, we went shopping, we played tag, we gave hugs, we got kisses - even if we were wearing dirty shorts and ripped up teeshirts and had messy hair because we had been at play all day. When my Dad got his business degree, and my life took a turn towards living in a wealthier suburb, I both liked the fact that other kids would come to my house and say, "Oh, I didn't know you were so rich," because it meant I wasn't one of the spoiled and entitled ones, and that I was definitely getting a better education. But I hated all of the importance put on having the right brand of clothing, or being able to buy the right thing. I am glad that I have had both in my life, and understand the pros and cons of those two levels of economic "being," I guess. They're definitely different, but if I had had to chose, I would have taken middle class over rich any day of the week.

6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be, and why? 

Seattle, WA. It's so incredibly beautiful here. I live here because I chose to do so. However, I also liked living in London, and I wouldn't mind trying to live in Paris. I'm also partial to beach towns - there's nothing better than living on the beach.

7. Favourite season of the year? 

Fall, without question.

8. You live in the Starbucks capital of the world, therefore you must have quite the developed coffee palette. What's your favourite kind? 

The best ever was the Dulce du Leche latte, but it didn't catch on so Starbucks discontinued it. So the second best is the Caramel Brule latte, which only comes out at Christmas.

You do not underestimate my devotion to Starbucks, and I'll talk a little bit about my coffee history here:

I used to not like coffee. However, my school was near Madison Park, where the flagship Starbucks now resides, and it was just a hop, skip and a jump to go over there in a car and then get back to class if you had a 30 minute break. My friends and I used to do it all the time, I was happy to drive just to spend time chatting with my friends, even if I wasn't interested in the coffee. Finally, while strolling down the block, I got a whiff of the aroma of my friend's vanilla latte and decided to try it. I was surprised by how delicious it tasted - they had managed to take coffee and turn it into candy! I was impressed, and hooked.

I started to drink it fairly often in school, and as my friends were not really the binge drinker types, we spent a lot of time in coffee houses, discussing the issues of the day - as well as a teenager can understand them - in coffee houses until the wee hours of the morning. Or until curfew, which I often broke. And I think it's funny my parents thought I was such a rebellious kid for staying out past curfew DRINKING COFFEE, but my parents were kinda goody-goody two-shoes.

I went to college in Maine, and they did NOT have espresso machines out there. Most of the kids I met had never heard of this espresso coffee thing before, and they thought I was totally nuts when I talked about Seattle and my upbringing and coffee devotion. And this stupid Starbucks thing. I went away and studied in London, and when I came back, I flew into Boston. Two of my friends picked me up, and we stopped to have dinner and then take a walk, because I had been on a plane for 9 hours. We came around a corner, and there was a brand new Starbucks in the middle of Boston, and I totally flipped out. I dragged my friends into it, bought coffee, begged them to buy some but they declined.

I am now a seasonal drinker. This is embarrassing, but here we are: Strawberry fraps in summer, Pumpkin Spice lattes for fall, Caramel Brule for winter, and White Mochas for Spring. When I am somewhere without a Starbucks, I enjoy getting an Irish Cream or Amaretto latte because Starbucks no longer has those flavors any longer. I have not had any coffee in about three days, and now that I think about it, that headache I had last night was probably withdrawl.

Oops?

9. Do you love Hungarian dolphins? 

More than the world itself, and you know it!

10. What does your post-secondary education consist of?

I think post-secondary education is another Canadian term, but I will just say that I went to Colby College in Waterville, ME, and got an English Degree. Almost had a double English/Art degree, but I was sexually assaulted, got mono from my assailant, did not deal with what happened to me at all and tried to live in denial of it. The mono, in particular, almost killed me. Basically, when you are coming down with something, you shouldn't go on a hiking and camping trip for 5 days and try to hide the fact your throat had closed up and you can't swallow solid foods. Because in the long run, you'll end up literally delirious in your college infirmary with a fever so high that they'll send for 7 bags of ice from the cafeteria, and pack you in it from head to foot in hopes the fever will break and you won't die. Probably also not a good idea to try to live in denial of the fact you've been sexually assaulted, either. It really screws with your head.

I made it through college on adrenaline, and then apparently burned up all of that, and then hit a massive depression and would only get out of bed to go to class. It takes forever to get over mono, and I went away for 10 days for Spring Break to Jamacia and came back with double pneumonia - I just wouldn't give up trying to go, go, go and have a lot of fun, learn things, live the college life and all even if physically I was really weak. I was really exhausted and messed up by the time I finished school, and had drop the Art Major even though I was only a few classes short of getting it. I wish I had not been so determined to finish it in 4 years - or else. That's why I took my time getting my art degree in Graphic Design later. I kept going like that even after college, working 3 dead end jobs in retail, customer service and for a radio station. Two years after college and struggling to manage my depression, I had a minor breakdown and could barely get out of bed, ever, but luckily Amazon.com had layoffs and I managed to get a massive severance check. I ended up going into therapy, regrouping, and then took the money and went back to art school and got my degree. But for awhile there I was really messed up. I'm a big believer in therapy now, and still go to talk things out with someone on occasion.

What has been your most impossible thought?

You should probably not ask a writer and an artist about her most impossible thoughts. I was fantasizing about going to Narnia and fighting the forces of evil with some of my friends for a significant period today. I was thinking about surviving a plane crash and having to get off the mountain in a blizzard with the fellow survivors, some of whom couldn't make it on their own without my help, yesterday. I've pondered survival of a zombie apocalypse the day before that, and wondering who I would like to travel with, real and imagined, the day before that. I've spent time creating a whole new planet in my mind, considering the continents and the wild life and how to travel across them and why I was doing so (on an adventure, naturally) and who I was traveling with and having imaginary sword fights and toppling mountains and laying siege to castles and stealing magic crystals and saving the world in general (because I'm awesome like that) with a fun and funny and witty and talented band of fellow adventurers.

Let me see....I've imagined living in caves and in castles, in the 16th century, as Queens and slave girls, as artists and adventurers, as victims and rescuers, as fighters for justice, of being a secret forger of art, of being the thief who steals art back from the thieves (because I'm still not over "The Scream" having been stolen and want to recover it), of riding camels in the desert, of following ancient manuscripts with nothing but my wits and a camel to great treasures....

I have dreamed of living in a world in which anything could happen, any adventure or power was open to you as long as you could imagine it, and so the most creative, those of the greatest imagination, survived....and in the battles of this magical world....escaping the clutches of enemies by separating a high tower and turning it into a submarine as it fell into the sea, only to be pursued and having to turn into a narwhal and escape by joining a pod of them and swimming through the freezing depths of the Arctic sea, and forgetting I was really a human girl, and living as a narwhal until I remembered...and beached myself on an iceberg and turned back into a human girl again. After which I turned into a bird and flew towards the sunset and a new, mysterious land where I found a forest of trees that were hollow like pipes, and where the birds had pecked them were holes, and so the whole forest played a melody like a huge orchestra of oboes and other wood instruments....and I made a bed of heather and pine boughs there and fell asleep listening to the music of the trees and twittering of the birds. Have you ever thought of what such a thing would sound like?

I have dreamed of running away from home and joining a Russian circus, where I performed something like swan lake, but on a tight rope, dressed up in a white tutu and mask and all so no one would recognize me. I take a lover in the circus, but have to give him up because he's really in love with the contortionist, and then I have to leave the circus entirely because her father decides to get rid of me by selling me into a human trafficking ring, and since I am having none of that, i set fire to the big top and escape on my motorcyle to, somehow, Paris. Where I take up becoming a burlesque dancer at the Moulin Rouge and wear skimpy outfits decked out in jewels, and in the meantime I decide to write a novel, which I keep hidden from my fellow dancers. Until I suffer a fall and am knocked out and suffer from amnesia and have to visit a brain surgeon in Germany to figure out what was wrong with me, and who I am, because no one knows since I ran away from home, you see. How will I ever get back to my family and my loved ones?

And if I DO lose my memory, wouldn't it be interesting if you end up developing a split personality. And if I did that, and my true personality was suppressed, and I created a puppet master personality (called Psyche, natch) and then Psyche became an identity thief and I kept running around the world trying on all of these new identities and getting married and then leaving my husband to become glassblowing artist in another country (hey, I've taken lessons, I'm not bad at glassblowing), but then left that (because I'm insane and have a split personality problem) to become a a chef on a cargo ship bound for Australia, and I wear big plastic orange pants and an Irish wool sweater and learn how to fish off the cargo ship and make really great pancakes...and then I get off in Australia and find a new fake ID and party all of my money away until I have to steal another identity because I still don't know who I am....and then the whole time my real self, Lio, is having huge arguments with my puppeteer self, Psyche, and what would those conversations be like, exactly? I can imagine those.

And yeah....that was just this week.

What impossible thoughts will I have next?

Edited by Lionne

1) if you had to have a roommate and you could only choose from the tbbt characters who would you choose.

Leonard. In a heartbeat. Sheldon is the luckiest man in the universe to have him. Otherwise, Raj, especially if he did the cooking.

Penny would drive me nuts being so sloppy, and bringing strange men home, which I would not like.

Bernadette's temper would be too much.

I wouldn't want to fend off Howard's creepy comments all the time, and his expectations of a woman taking care of him.

I would never be able to perform to Sheldon's standards, nor would I bother to try.

Amy would probably be too weird for me. Besides, she has this even weirder boyfriend she brings around all the time.

2) if you could have 5 famous people at your fantasy dinner party who would they be.

Oscar Wilde, first the foremost. He has a reputation as the best and wittiest conversationalist known to man, and I also love an Irish accent. So obviously him. And I'd have Lewis Carroll there, the author of Alice and Wonderland, and watch what would happen if Oscar hit on him. He was shy, but mentally he could hold his own, he was quite brilliant and lots of people liked him. Jared Padelecki for the eye candy, but also because he has a great sense of humor. Mae West for the other end of the humor scale - can you imagine her and Oscar Wilde firing off each other? And throw in Shakespeare there, and just in case someone can't make it, either Picasso or Van Gogh to round things out.

And if all that falls through, I'll just invite the cast of Monty Python and then sit back and howl with laughter.

3) your favorite episode?

The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition.

4) of all the stories you have written which is your favorite?

Bear Paw, I think, because it includes some of my favorite things: the whole gang, Amy outsmarting Sheldon in her own, unique way, and a classic Amy and Sheldon negotiation. I love how Sheldon and Amy are so formal about things sometimes, and take date minutes and go through the procedure of approving them, and etc. The way the Relationship Agreement is written in Sheldon's attempt at legal terms, and etc. The methodology they use for the oral contract IS the actual legally binding language, which I thought was very them. So I'm definitely proud of that one, I think it's probably the most well-balanced and in character one I have done.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9107268/1/The-Bear-Paw-Amendment

Have you ever managed to imagine a colour outside the colour spectrum?

Between black, the sum of all colors, and white, the absence of color, all colors exist. I don't like to put my mind to ridiculous excerises - the very definition of the color spectrum includes all colors on it, you cannot go past absolute black and absolute white, anything else lies between the two. To try to come up with something "other" seems to me to be deliberately searching for a falsehood, or having an overly grandiose sense of self to think you can....and that's really not my style. I search for truth, and I really delight in what is organic, natural, the quintessential truth of the cosmos condition.

So, in the long run, the answer is: No, I definitely have not. I do have a few shreds of humility lying about.

What is your favourite fruit?

The Aurora apple, which is a relatively recent and rare apple bred up in British Columbia, where I guess they put their minds to this all the time. Then they license out the seeds, or something? I just know that a farm up here in Seattle was one of the few places they were grown, and they were going to rip out the trees since they couldn't seem to sell them or compete on the market. So one of the guys at the Pike Place Market was like....fine. Don't rip out your trees, I'll buy 6 palettes and I'll see how they sell.

These apples are just beautiful - pale yellow skin with tiny lack dots, like freckles. They look like Asian pears, but more robust, with a richer yellow color. They are both sweet and crisp, and absolutely the best apple I have ever had. The guy at the market ended up going through those 6 palettes in one day, and kept buying more.

The other nice thing about them is that they are a late Fall fruit, so when everything else isn't local or in season, really, when that hits the market (which only happens for a limited time, like golden raspberries, you can only find them for a 2 - 3 week period) it's exciting, as there's not a lot of other really fresh and local options.

Why do you think the chicken crossed the road?

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ZKkF4fuAw.

Have you been to Milawi?

No, but oddly enough, my taxi driver this morning was from there.

If you could slap any famous person who would it be?

I'd never slap anyone. Seeing them rot in jail is typically enough for me. If there's someone that I have such strong feelings against, which does qualify in the case of the Green River Killer, who terrorized Seattle when I was growing up here. There are people who have destroyed people's lives, taken people's lives, and what I think they deserve goes so far beyond slapping that I can't even.

A casual slap? No....I'm more the type to go for the big bear hug.

What are your thoughts on Arnold Schwartzenegger?

Big guy, big muscles, fun movies. I'm sorry that he ruined his marriage by cheating, probably the stupidest thing he did in his entire life.

So, I suppose at present, I simply pity him.

Also I see you're a graphic designer. I hope to take up illustration (Perhaps animation?) at University. I sense our styles are very different. What sort of Anime/other style characters do you like to draw? (My apologies if this has been answered before.)

I don't draw a lot of anime, I actually got started more in drawing portraits. Which isn't my favorite thing - most of my paintings are abstract. Personally, I like the juxaposition of color, line, and symbol to create a work which creates emotional resonance more than a solid image. I use a lot of symbolism and color - my painting instructor in high school gave me several books of Picasso's work when I graduated, saying that my work most closely resembled his and that I should study him. And then he forbid me from painting like him, and urged me to continue to pursue my own style! Which I find funny, but perhaps I'm not explaining it right.

Anyway, as far as graphic design, you need to be flexible in order to suit the customer, and I can be. My abilities are pretty diverse, and can go from stark to flowery if that's what the project calls for.

• Like 1

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Lio!!!

my question (lame, I suck as an interviewer). 

Which is your coffee fetich? and by that I mean what cannot be absent from your perfect coffee, barring, of course the coffee.

1) besides your own stories is there any fics that you can just read again and again

2) could you ever live permanently away from your own country

3) if you were boss of the world for just one day what rules would you bring in or change?

Edited by rachelshamyfan

Lio!!!

my question (lame, I suck as an interviewer). 

Which is your coffee fetich? and by that I mean what cannot be absent from your perfect coffee, barring, of course the coffee.

What needs to be there is the coffee. Otherwise, I can be rather flexible....milk, half & half, creamer, doesn't matter. A spoonful of sugar, various flavoring of syrups and such - I like a variety. But obviously, you need the coffee. It all kinda centers around that. Is that an obvious answer?

1) besides your own stories is there any fics that you can just read again and again

2) could you ever live permanently away from your own country

3) if you were boss of the world for just one day what rules would you bring in or change?

1) I have read "The Worst Shenny Fan Fiction Ever Written" several times, and I laugh out loud each and every time. For the record, it's not just a bias against Shenny which is showing in my love for that story - we should have "The Worst" for all of the ships, Shamy included. There's some absolutely horrific stuff going up, especially lately, and I think there should be a mockery of several various tropes in fan fiction. However, I don't know if I or anyone else could write something as hilarious as the original.

I'd love to say I reread more stories, but the truth is that I don't. I will be frank with you and say I find 87% of all fan fics to be really, really awful. I'm very picky, and I toss the towel in easily. First and foremost, I immediately give up on fan fiction that goes ridiculously out of character. At times I even get angry when that happens - for instance, I heard about a fan fic where Amy recently became blonde. I kid you not, I found that so offensive I had a two page rant about the fic written in my head. It was never appropriate to post, and I didn't, but I find it absolutely insulting to the characters and the show to take beloved characters, characters you supposedly like because you are writing a fan fiction about them, and then decide to strip everything about them that makes them special, unique, and who they are, and then use them as your personal sex toys. Many people talk about fan fiction with characters that just so happened to be named Sheldon and Amy, and not fan fiction about the actual Sheldon and Amy. For me, that's 87% of what's out there.

One of the few I'll reread is the long story I beta'ed for Marisol - but when I get some distance on it. I think it'd be interesting to read back and see what I think when I'm not so emotionally invested, when it's not a project of "right now." See how we did in the long run.

2) Probably not. I think I could probably live in England, Canada, or Australia, perhaps Scotland or Ireland, but because I am primarily deaf, it would be even more difficult for me to operate in a country where the primary language wasn't English than most people trying to operate in a country where they don't speak the language. So unless I wanted to glide through the world alone, unable to communicate with anyone except through my computer because I could neither read, write, nor read lips nor learn to speak the language (could you learn a language you could not hear?), I would simply not be able to communicate with anyone, and I'd be very lonely. 

3) If I was the boss of the world for a day, I would enact rights for women which were completely equal to men. Equal pay, equal freedom, etc. I'd also make gay marriage legal across the globe.

• Like 2

I think I know what story you are talking of with Amy being blonde!

More questions

1) Are you the only child or do you have siblings

2) fan fiction again in your opinion which is the best story that stays true to the character

3) do you believe in the death penalty

1) If you were a celebrity, who celeb would you like to be?

2)  Who do you think is the most untalented singer?

3) What kind of cell phone was your very first one?

Oh look at me wandering into hot seats for the first time ;) 

1) If didn't do your job, but had to be something else, what would that be? (Not necessarily a dream job, even though that's fine too).

2) What's your favorite personality trait that you possess, and which one are you least proud of?

3) If you could time-travel, where would you go and why?

• Like 1

Oh hello its Question time!

1. When is the last time you played the air guitar? 

2. Have you ever been dared to do something you totally regretted?

3. Getting all corny-dizzle on you, do you believe in love at first sight?

4. If you were in a gang, what would your street name be?

5. Who is the coolest person you know?

<3

Guest DroneInTheSun

1. What made you like the Shamy?

2. Would you rather save the life of someone you love knowing that it will kill ten people you don't know and will never meet, or save these ten people you will never meet knowing that it will kill someone you love?

3. Can freedom survive the onslaught of science?

4. Why does the Laughing Cow laugh?

Edited by LostInTheSun

More questions

1) Are you the only child or do you have siblings

2) fan fiction again in your opinion which is the best story that stays true to the character

3) do you believe in the death penalty

1) Asked and answered above.

2) I would have to say that the most IC story out there, and what I think is the best Shamy fan fic written so far, is MusicKat18's "Theory of Objectivity." After that would be xMarisolx's "The Gamete Indeterminacy." I really like how Marisol writes Sheldon and Amy, although she started her fan fic almost immediately after Amy's introduction, and so her stories about them take off entirely into an alternate universe. I think that she keeps them both terrifically IC, but you do have to go with the fact that if you follow her stories, you'll get Sheldon and Amy in a whole other world and set a few years into the future. I also like WeBuiltThePyramid's stories, although she writes far more for Leonard and Penny than for Sheldon and Amy.

My current list of Shamy stories I follow which are not complete but show a lot of promise are:

BazingaPunk01 - Romancing the Nerd

Koops - The Paradigm Shift Observations

Misophonia - The Mendacity Revelation

The ones I wish would finish but are probably lost causes:

Sighting of the Loch Ness Monster - Tomasina

The Coinciding Catalysts - FFcrazy15

There are other stories I enjoy, but I'm cutting anything that doesn't stay IC, contains too much smut, or is a simple one shot. Notice how short the list gets when I do that?

3) I do believe in the death penalty, but with mixed feelings. I have referenced the Green River Killer before, and I think it's important to note that I grew up in Seattle during the time that the Gary Ridgeway was terrorizing the area, and just after Ted Bundy had been terrorizing the area. It was really only because the death penalty existed in our state that prosecutors were able to get Gary Ridgeway to give a full confession, plead guilty, and avoid a trial which would have cost us millions. So the death penalty as a negotiation tool was useful, and I have no issue with the death penalty being applied in cases where there are 1) multiple murders over an extended period of time and 2) hard DNA evidence which acts as proof.

On the flip side, no one wants someone put to death who was innocent, and there are obvious problems with bias against race, economics and other problems which call into question the fairness of the system. Also, there are plenty of cases of brutal interrogation techniques which have had false confessions as a result. I can't say that the system is !00% accurate or fair, and I feel it should be if you're going to put the death penalty on the table.

I used to think that the death penalty was really only applied to serial killers, and was disillusioned as I grew up and found it could be applied on a broader scale to people who had killed, yes, but whom definitely had issues of mental health, addiction, desperation and etc. Then again, I have also read of cases where the torturer and murder was so brutal, so sadistic, and so deliberate, that even if it was just the murder of a single person, I would still apply the death penalty in that case.

So it's a tricky issue, but when you add in the fact that death penalty cases cost the state and the taxpayer far more than to simply incarcerate a person for life, then add on the morality arguments, you begin to wonder if the death penalty is worth bothering with. So, while it might be a feasible tool which helps negotiate for a confession, I very rarely ever want to see it applied. So perhaps I am arguing myself into not believing in it after all, but I think in the long run I still want it to be there as an option if it's necessary. Even if it's rarely necessary or should be enforced, I think it's man's business to take care of man's problems on the planet, and that we do hold the right to judge others and mete out punishment as appropriate to the crime. In the long run, when I have read details of the crime, I come down on the side that the death penalty is an appropriate punishment for a person. I do feel that some people deserve to die for the horrors they have committed against another human being, and so, since I believe that, I suppose I also believe in the death penalty.

1) If you were a celebrity, who celeb would you like to be?

2)  Who do you think is the most untalented singer?

3) What kind of cell phone was your very first one?

1) Oddly, no one. I can't think of any celebrity I would like to be, especially because I would absolutely loathe being a celebrity. Too much public scrutiny.

I might wish I had talents of some celebrities - I'd love to be able to dance like Fred Astaire, or sing like Whitney Houston, or write like J. K. Rowling. But I wouldn't want to be any of them. I'm happy being myself.

2) I have no idea. I really don't like wasting my time, particularly on hate. If I dislike a fan fiction, I stop reading. If I think a song is god awful, I stop listening. If either are so bad that I pee my pants laughing, well, then I give it credit for amusing me to no end. I stick to things I really love, and I hang with the winners. To them go my respect, my time, my attention, the few memory cells I have left as I grow older. I have no time for hating, nor to focus on the negative, I don't like to live in that head space, so how would I possibly hang onto a memory of who was untalented or I didn't like?

3) It was a clam shell. I don't remember the make and model. I had been holding out on getting a cell phone, and I was notoriously hard to get ahold of. So one Christmas, as it was my turn to empty my stocking, it started ringing while it was in my lap. I reached in, and pulled a cell phone out! Then I promptly fell in love with it and became addicted. I'm on an iPhone 5 now, and I know my last was a Droid X, and before that I had two Razor phones. But the original....it was a Samsung? It was silver? It was nifty? That's all I got.

Don't feel bad that I can't answer this question, I also don't remember how I got so into The Big Bang Theory either. Everyone seems to remember what episode or scene made them fall in love with it, but for me it just....grew on me slowly. Don't remember how it all came about, I just know where I am now. Which I'll probably forget in a few months. Weeks. Days. 

Wait, where am I and what am I doing? This thread says I am in a "hot seat" - what is that and when did I agree to be in one? What is happening? What type of shiny objects did you use to distract me and get me here? Was I drugged?

. o Ooo. A steak filled with candy!

NOM NOM NOM.

Okay. I don't know what's going on, but I'm good. Happy to be here. Whazzup?

Oh look at me wandering into hot seats for the first time ;)

1) If didn't do your job, but had to be something else, what would that be? (Not necessarily a dream job, even though that's fine too).

2) What's your favorite personality trait that you possess, and which one are you least proud of?

3) If you could time-travel, where would you go and why?

1) If I was not a graphic designer or an artist.....I would.....be pretty useless? Well, let me see. I have been a radio DJ before. I have been a model. I have worked in retail. I have set up Social Media presences for organizations, although that falls under my work in Communications and graphic design. I have dabbled in fashion design, but that might still work towards my degree in design in general. I do like writing - perhaps I would be a writer. People love my handwriting and make me come over and address all of their wedding invites all the time. Can that be a job? Can I wander around the streets offering to write things in excellent penmanship? Would people pay for that? Wait, does that still fall under my job as a graphic designer? I think it does. Everything seems to always come back to communications and design and marketing and such.

Hold on. Thinking.

I'd probably be a manager in something, I tend to rise up in leadership fairly quickly. However, I'm a loose canon - independent and honest and don't follow the party line when I think the party line is stupid, so probably not that either.

I don't know. Pretty sure if I didn't do art I'd be useless. So I'm just going to go with artistic hedonist and general layabout.

Oh, wait, I know - I'd probably be a teacher. I come from a huge family of teachers and it's something I'm good at. Just yesterday I sat down to "talk" with one of the new babies in the family, and his family was absolutely in shock because they had never seem him sit still and concentrate so long, ever. I've taught computers, English, art, etc to all ages....and I happen to be very good at it. So a lecturer, teacher, professor - something in the teaching profession, probably.

Oh, or true crime. Perhaps I would have been a detective. I love mystery.

2) My favorite personality trait is my creativity, and my least favorite is my night owl/sleep tendencies. Although I don't need as much sleep as I used to, when I had all of those issues recovering from mono and my health, and etc. But it used to cut into my time too much, the fact I was practically narcoleptic. The night owl thing is not going away - the best job I ever had was working on the grave yard shift. I loved, loved, loved it, because it was the only time I felt that I operated so successfully, and was never running late for work all the time, or struggling to stay awake while at work, or laying in bed at night silently screaming at myself to go to sleep already because I had to work the next day. My body naturally wants to sleep from 5 - 6 am to 2 - 3 in the afternoon, but I absolutely hate how much time in sync with the rest of the world that takes away from me, so I am always fighting it - and losing. It's really hard, but I just love people and socializing and all there is to DO in the world to stop trying to fight it.

And so the battle continues.....

3) If I could time travel, I'd also have to be invisible or ghost-like, so I wouldn't put a mark on anything and thus screw up time. Obvs! So if I was granted with those powers, the first thing I would do is go back in history to find out who Jack the Ripper really was. I was deeply involved in Mystery at a young age - I started begging my Dad to take me to the library to get the Encyclopedia Brown books when I was 7 - 8, moved on through Nancy Drew, Trixie Beldin, the Hardy Boys, Bobbsey Twins...I had a huge list of every single Young Adult mystery book out there which I had photocopied out of the backs of various books - Nancy Drew and the Hardy Books always had a list of all titles in the back - and I would highlight them and cross them off as I went through title after title. I'd take my list to various bookstores or the library, constantly trying to flush out the titles I hadn't read yet; I was determined to read them all. I'm so jealous of all of the options for Mystery and science fiction and fantasy which are written for Young Adult today. By the time I was 10, I negotiated with my Dad for my Xmas gift every year - one book a week. So from the time I was 10 to the time I was 18, on the first of every month my Dad would take me to the book store and I got to buy 4 books. Those 4 books every month was like....the best thing ever. I usually planned ahead every month for what I wanted, but sometimes I would take suggestions from the people at the bookstore and got into some new stuff through them. Moved onto Agatha Christie, Conan Doyle, PD James, J. A. Jance, Patricia Cornwall, Ian Rankin and etc - read every single novel they ever published as well as their short stories, got into David Eddings, Anne Rice - list goes on. But True Crime and things about serial killers is all right up there - I love mystery and yeah. I really want to know who Jack the Ripper was.

Oh hello its Question time!

1. When is the last time you played the air guitar? 

2. Have you ever been dared to do something you totally regretted?

3. Getting all corny-dizzle on you, do you believe in love at first sight?

4. If you were in a gang, what would your street name be?

5. Who is the coolest person you know?

1) Never really did...more of the air piano type.

2) Been dared to do things I regretted? Well, I've been dared to do a lot, not sure I regret it....I'm not much of one for regret. But I'm a total Barney Stinson type - you tell me I can't do something and I'll be all, "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED." I've chilled out (gotten smarter) later in life, but I used to be a pretty gullible sucker for people getting me to do things by telling me I couldn't do it. I could be a hot headed idiot at times. Other than that....well, you play Truth or Dare with boys enough times and you'll later wonder where your marbles were at.

3) I do believe at love at first sight. Or being drawn to people like a magnet despite yourself. It was this way with my first boyfriend. We tried our best not to be, and it was a huge, fumbling, I-don't-like-you-but-I-do sort of thing, but in the end we both caved and it was glorious fun while it lasted.

4) Remember how I noted that I used to play online World of Darkness stuff, and ended up dating a series of guys this way who were fellow players? One of the supernatural creatures you could play was called a Ratkin - instead of a werewolf, who turned into a wolf, you were a wererat, and you could turn into a huge rat. And the wererats were the toughest, roughest, seediest guys around, and the guys who liked to play them had the best senses of humor. They were totally hilarious, and very sharp, mentally, and usually a lot more social, outgoing, and fun than some of the weirdos who were into gaming, (some of those guys never got off their computers) so of course I dated a few of them and, like Penny, I might not have understood everything they were talking about, but I listened.

So here is the Ratkin ritual of getting your wererat nickname - you dive into a dumpster and whatever item you come out with is your new street name. So, if you have a nice can of trash, pull it over here....I'll reach in and whatever I pull out, that'll be my name. Ajax, Orange Peel, Daisy Razor, Battery Acid - who knows what it'll be!

5) You, obviously. ;)

1. What made you like the Shamy?

2. Would you rather save the life of someone you love knowing that it will kill ten people you don't know and will never meet, or save these ten people you will never meet knowing that it will kill someone you love?

3. Can freedom survive the onslaught of science?

4. Why does the Laughing Cow laugh?

1) What made me like the Shamy: I like a guy that's a challenge, and I like a guy who is smart, so I find the character of Sheldon pretty irresistible. I really like dry, confident, no no nonsense season 4 Amy, as well, and I really liked the way that the two of them negotiated their relationship. I have known, and appealed to and been pursued by, more than one autistic guy. I think this goes back to what I said earlier about being a good teacher and being a great communicator - I have the ability to figure out HOW people need things communicated to them, and I can change my personality and style in order to get through to someone who needs me to deal with them differently. A few of my nicknames have included "Wild Card" and "Cameleon" and "Dear Abby" due to my ability to get along with an insanely broad spectrum of people.  People sometimes say I must have Jedi mind tricks to get people to do what I want them to do, but it's just being able to communicate the right ideas to motivate someone in the direction they need to go.

Such is the appeal of Sheldon and Amy to me - contrast "it's a non-optional social convention" or "well? love trumpts hate" or plying him with alcohol or blackmailing him about his comic books to get Sheldon to do what they want him to do vs. Amy logically explaining the game of fundraising to Sheldon in order to motivate him. Or her "try it without the quadruple negative." Amy has a unique way of putting things in terms Sheldon can understand, and pointing him in the direction he needs to go. Their particular way of relating to each other, negotiating with each other, enjoying such delightful things as "Word of the Day" or "Fun with Flags," is just particularly delicious. Amy doesn't have to fight him the way other people have to, she's capable of putting things in terms he understands and proving herself right. I love the way that they manage each other, and the underlying way that they both care so much about each other. It's a really beautiful and unique relationship, and I hope that the following seasons won't screw it up because they find it difficult to write.

2) I have no idea. Would I know the consequences at the time? I know I wouldn't kill 10 people in order to harvest organs for someone I love who was dying, so I suppose I'd have to go with the latter. But who knows.

3) Pretty sure that science brings about freedom? It definitely brings about a better quality of life, and therefore the freedom to do much better things with your time. As a woman, I no longer spend all of my time taking care of household tasks - it's not my life to churn butter, cook over an open fire, wash dishes for hours by hand, can fruit and vegetables and other things for winter, and spend my life at a whole lot of other brainless tasks thanks to science creating the things that do it all for me. Thanks to a cellphone, I can roam at will and still stay in touch with people I care about. There are washing machines and blenders and dish washers and airplanes and cars and a whole host of machines and various pieces of technology made possible by science with give me freedom of time and movement. So I'm pretty sure that there's no onslaught of science, and if there is an onslaught of science, I'm pretty sure it's making my life better and giving me a lot more power and freedom to be where I want to be and do what I want to do. The freedom I enjoy in America, with all of it's technology and science and wealth, is so much greater than those people who live in poor areas without any of it. I just think that the important thing is not to look down on dirty jobs just because you don't have to do them anymore because you've been liberated by science. I no longer have to raise, kill, and pluck my own chicken for my dinner, but many people do, and without electricity and science I'd have to be doing the same, so I do loathe it when people are really spoiled and view such things are gross, or just beneath them.

I mean, come on people, where do you think we come from. I love science, and technology, and I'm very grateful for it, but I do think we need to hold onto the understanding that these things are luxuries and privileges, not things to take for granted. No matter how free or luxurious my life is, I hope I never lose the toughness to survive if the world loses these things.

4) Someone told it a good chocolate milk joke.

• Like 4

Hi, Lionne. Is your hotseat warm enough for you? :)

1. You seem so strong as an individual, physically, mentally and emotionally. Where does this strength come from, do you believe?

2. Who is your favorite writer of all time? (Not counting fanfiction).

3. Where do you see yourself in ten years?

4. What kind of car do you drive?

5. What is the one thing in your life you have accomplished that you are most proud of?

I can handle this hotseat, it's not too warm at all, no. However, I am on vacation and don't have access to the internet unless I go by the bookstore. Should be back later this week if this continues, and I will answer Miso's questions and any others asked of me, but for right now I really don't have time. Family comes first.

My body naturally wants to sleep from 5 - 6 am to 2 - 3 in the afternoon, but I absolutely hate how much time in sync with the rest of the world that takes away from me, so I am always fighting it - and losing. It's really hard, but I just love people and socializing and all there is to DO in the world to stop trying to fight it.

And so the battle continues.....

3) If I could time travel, I'd also have to be invisible or ghost-like, so I wouldn't put a mark on anything and thus screw up time. Obvs! So if I was granted with those powers, the first thing I would do is go back in history to find out who Jack the Ripper really was. I was deeply involved in Mystery at a young age - I started begging my Dad to take me to the library to get the Encyclopedia Brown books when I was 7 - 8, moved on through Nancy Drew, Trixie Beldin, the Hardy Boys, Bobbsey Twins...I had a huge list of every single Young Adult mystery book out there which I had photocopied out of the backs of various books - Nancy Drew and the Hardy Books always had a list of all titles in the back - and I would highlight them and cross them off as I went through title after title. I'd take my list to various bookstores or the library, constantly trying to flush out the titles I hadn't read yet; I was determined to read them all. I'm so jealous of all of the options for Mystery and science fiction and fantasy which are written for Young Adult today. By the time I was 10, I negotiated with my Dad for my Xmas gift every year - one book a week. So from the time I was 10 to the time I was 18, on the first of every month my Dad would take me to the book store and I got to buy 4 books. Those 4 books every month was like....the best thing ever. I usually planned ahead every month for what I wanted, but sometimes I would take suggestions from the people at the bookstore and got into some new stuff through them. Moved onto Agatha Christie, Conan Doyle, PD James, J. A. Jance, Patricia Cornwall, Ian Rankin and etc - read every single novel they ever published as well as their short stories, got into David Eddings, Anne Rice - list goes on. But True Crime and things about serial killers is all right up there - I love mystery and yeah. I really want to know who Jack the Ripper was.

1) Never really did...more of the air piano type.

2) Been dared to do things I regretted? Well, I've been dared to do a lot, not sure I regret it....I'm not much of one for regret. But I'm a total Barney Stinson type - you tell me I can't do something and I'll be all, "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED." I've chilled out (gotten smarter) later in life, but I used to be a pretty gullible sucker for people getting me to do things by telling me I couldn't do it. I could be a hot headed idiot at times. Other than that....well, you play Truth or Dare with boys enough times and you'll later wonder where your marbles were at.

3) I do believe at love at first sight. Or being drawn to people like a magnet despite yourself. It was this way with my first boyfriend. We tried our best not to be, and it was a huge, fumbling, I-don't-like-you-but-I-do sort of thing, but in the end we both caved and it was glorious fun while it lasted.

4) Remember how I noted that I used to play online World of Darkness stuff, and ended up dating a series of guys this way who were fellow players? One of the supernatural creatures you could play was called a Ratkin - instead of a werewolf, who turned into a wolf, you were a wererat, and you could turn into a huge rat. And the wererats were the toughest, roughest, seediest guys around, and the guys who liked to play them had the best senses of humor. They were totally hilarious, and very sharp, mentally, and usually a lot more social, outgoing, and fun than some of the weirdos who were into gaming, (some of those guys never got off their computers) so of course I dated a few of them and, like Penny, I might not have understood everything they were talking about, but I listened.

So here is the Ratkin ritual of getting your wererat nickname - you dive into a dumpster and whatever item you come out with is your new street name. So, if you have a nice can of trash, pull it over here....I'll reach in and whatever I pull out, that'll be my name. Ajax, Orange Peel, Daisy Razor, Battery Acid - who knows what it'll be!

5) You, obviously. ;)

1) What made me like the Shamy: I like a guy that's a challenge, and I like a guy who is smart, so I find the character of Sheldon pretty irresistible. I really like dry, confident, no no nonsense season 4 Amy, as well, and I really liked the way that the two of them negotiated their relationship. I have known, and appealed to and been pursued by, more than one autistic guy. I think this goes back to what I said earlier about being a good teacher and being a great communicator - I have the ability to figure out HOW people need things communicated to them, and I can change my personality and style in order to get through to someone who needs me to deal with them differently. A few of my nicknames have included "Wild Card" and "Cameleon" and "Dear Abby" due to my ability to get along with an insanely broad spectrum of people.  People sometimes say I must have Jedi mind tricks to get people to do what I want them to do, but it's just being able to communicate the right ideas to motivate someone in the direction they need to go.

Such is the appeal of Sheldon and Amy to me - contrast "it's a non-optional social convention" or "well? love trumpts hate" or plying him with alcohol or blackmailing him about his comic books to get Sheldon to do what they want him to do vs. Amy logically explaining the game of fundraising to Sheldon in order to motivate him. Or her "try it without the quadruple negative." Amy has a unique way of putting things in terms Sheldon can understand, and pointing him in the direction he needs to go. Their particular way of relating to each other, negotiating with each other, enjoying such delightful things as "Word of the Day" or "Fun with Flags," is just particularly delicious. Amy doesn't have to fight him the way other people have to, she's capable of putting things in terms he understands and proving herself right. I love the way that they manage each other, and the underlying way that they both care so much about each other. It's a really beautiful and unique relationship, and I hope that the following seasons won't screw it up because they find it difficult to write.

2) I have no idea. Would I know the consequences at the time? I know I wouldn't kill 10 people in order to harvest organs for someone I love who was dying, so I suppose I'd have to go with the latter. But who knows.

3) Pretty sure that science brings about freedom? It definitely brings about a better quality of life, and therefore the freedom to do much better things with your time. As a woman, I no longer spend all of my time taking care of household tasks - it's not my life to churn butter, cook over an open fire, wash dishes for hours by hand, can fruit and vegetables and other things for winter, and spend my life at a whole lot of other brainless tasks thanks to science creating the things that do it all for me. Thanks to a cellphone, I can roam at will and still stay in touch with people I care about. There are washing machines and blenders and dish washers and airplanes and cars and a whole host of machines and various pieces of technology made possible by science with give me freedom of time and movement. So I'm pretty sure that there's no onslaught of science, and if there is an onslaught of science, I'm pretty sure it's making my life better and giving me a lot more power and freedom to be where I want to be and do what I want to do. The freedom I enjoy in America, with all of it's technology and science and wealth, is so much greater than those people who live in poor areas without any of it. I just think that the important thing is not to look down on dirty jobs just because you don't have to do them anymore because you've been liberated by science. I no longer have to raise, kill, and pluck my own chicken for my dinner, but many people do, and without electricity and science I'd have to be doing the same, so I do loathe it when people are really spoiled and view such things are gross, or just beneath them.

I mean, come on people, where do you think we come from. I love science, and technology, and I'm very grateful for it, but I do think we need to hold onto the understanding that these things are luxuries and privileges, not things to take for granted. No matter how free or luxurious my life is, I hope I never lose the toughness to survive if the world loses these things.

4) Someone told it a good chocolate milk joke.

I strongly relate to the bolded part.