The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gwhh

Introduce A New Person On The Show

I say we add a new character to the show.  A male version of Penny for the guys to hang with! 

Some of you wanted me to expand upon my idea here.

A male version of Penny.  Good looking, physically strong, working at job that low skilled, but trying to make it big time.  Someone the guys can advice on how to act cool and such

Edited by gwhh

Thanks you but NO!

We barely have enough time for the seven characters we have now.  Six of the seven character get short change as it is and I can only image what would happen if another character is added.

Okay but why?  Could you expound on why you think that would be a good idea?  Cause I can't see Sheldon and Fabio getting along....

• Like 3

Okay but why? Could you expound on why you think that would be a good idea? Cause I can't see Sheldon and Fabio getting along....

heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh... Thump. That made me laugh.

then I realized... two aliens. LOL.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

they should do an episode where sheldon and the boys have to look after a baby or even twins..

fans get to see the dad side of sheldon and have a good laugh too....

• Like 2

Zac is no way the male version of Penny, Zac comes across as dumb wittet, Penny is street smart, independant, but also has more emotional intelligence. And a male version of Penny why would the show need that, its fine the way it is

I don't think they need more regular characters although I would like Lucy to come back. The show has moved to some ballance between male and female and I think that is a good thing and part of the on going success.

Raj overcoming his selective mutism is good for the show too (espessially when there are more women on the show). Raj can be more volcal now which might help if Howard is not around the group as much. If Raj is less handycapped then perhaps the Lucy character with her social anxiety can take that role in the group. Some people have been crittical of the character. I don't get it. I thought the scene between Raj, Amy and Lucy was great. I'd bet either Sheldon or Amy could make a lot of people want to bolt out of the room.

Lucy also gives some ballance in another way. Sheldon and Amy are both very cocky and insensitive. Lucy is the opposite.

With regard to Zack I think his has filled his function. Penny does a good job on her own bringing a non nerd character onto the set to play against the others and many of the guest stars also do this too. Besides we all know why Leonard invited Penny over to share some food.  How would you bring a Penny like male character into the group and why would he stay?

Zac is no way the male version of Penny, Zac comes across as dumb wittet, Penny is street smart, independant, but also has more emotional intelligence. And a male version of Penny why would the show need that, its fine the way it is

I agree, Zac was really stupid! I did think he was funny though and wouldn't mind seeing him come back for a episode. I think if they show needs anything it's a girl who likes Star Trek. 

• Like 1

I also think that we have enough main characters as it is, and due to the 22 mins. they have per episode (sometimes less) someone always gets short changed. I think they should explore the main characters more, like developing Raj's character a little further. Not that I'm particularly fond of Raj, but his growth hadbeen stunted a little bit lately up to the point where he met Lucy.

Actually, bringing Zack back once in a while (no Penny dating thing, of course) would be funny.  I liked him.  Certainly compared to the SOB's she dated before (Kurt, Mike, David) he was a saint.  He wasn't bright but I think he had a good heart.  I don't know how they'd fit him in (unless he started frequenting the comic book store).  But, for a half hour (well, OK 22 minute) comedy, we do have enough characters without him in a recurring role.

• Like 1

Tbh I'd rather see more of Penny's family or Leonard's dad. If you want to inject new characters into the show going with the families of the

main characters is the way to go. I don't see a need for a male version of Penny. It would merely detract from Penny herself.

The only new "regular" I could see at this point would be a girlfriend for Raj.

I could go with the a girlfriend for Raj.  This is the only exception.  I would like to see the return of some favorite occasional characters like Sheldon's mom.

How about a Svengali theatrical agent who promises to make Penny's career take off......of course Leonard and the guys can see through him......but Penny is intrigued and hopeful.

A good twist would be to make him a handsome hunk to boot.

Not a permanent character, but could run through a few episodes