The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Season 7 Taping Reports

7.01 The Hofstadter Deficiency

Reported by JenniferTBBTFAN

Tape Date: August 20, 2013; Air Date: September 26, 2013)

Story:         Chuck Lorre, Steven Molaro & Tara Hernandez

Teleplay:    Eric Kaplan, Jim Reynolds & Steve Holland

I went to last night's episode. New to this forum, but here are a few highlights.

The entire process was great. I was lucky enough to have non-standby tickets. The wait was in level 1 of the parking garage, which I think is a change from what I read online?. There were lots of benches for people to sit down and wait. Arrived around 3:45 and it looked like there was already over 100 standby. They announced numbers 1-19 in standby may make it in. Not sure how many actually got in because we were seated by then. We were seated third row right by the center aisle behind VIP. A couple of regulars told us those were great seats...and I have to agree. :)

Leonard is still at the North Sea and Penny and Sheldon are missing him during this episode. Amy and Bernadette are away at a conference and enjoy being hit on by men in a bar. Rajesh spends the episode missing his girlfriend and Howard tries to help him out.

Any questions, let me know. Looking forward to spending some time on this board.

Ok. I will try and post whatever I can remember!

First Scene: Sheldon calls Leonard who is in the North Sea in a rough storm. Sheldon explains an emergency, which turns out to be two Back to the Future DVDs in the wrong cases. At some point during the phone call, Sheldon hears a funny noise and asks if a Kraken had been released. Soon, Leonard is grabbed by a huge sea monster and Sheldon wakes up screaming!

This leads to Sheldon running to Penny's door in his pajama's, waking her up. He asks if he can spend the night in her apartment. She says yes, and then he passes by her and goes to her room to sleep.

Next:

Raj, Sheldon and Howard are in the Cafeteria and Raj is heartbroken about losing Lucy. He compares her to eveything including grease stains and his chicken pot pie. Howard get frustrated and rips apart his pot pie with his fork (hilarious moment for audience). He suggests that Raj come with him to a work social that evening to meet some ladies.

In the following scene:

Amy and Bernadette are away at a conference. They are saying goodnight to Howard and Sheldon. Bernadette is talking about loving Howie and missing him. Cut to Amy who is convincing Sheldon she won't bring home bed bugs.

After that things get a little foggy as far as order because they follow the three pairs of characters in several scenes. I will describe what happened to each pair.

The next evening Penny and Sheldon are hanging out at Sheldon's apartment. Sheldon is setting up 3D chess and Penny is reading a magazine. Eventually, Penny begins to play 3D chess with Sheldon. Penny mentions how much she misses Leonard and she decide to give him a call. When Leonard picks up, he is having a BLAST and doesn't make much time to talk. This upsets Penny because she misses him so much, and he doesn't seem to care. Sheldon makes her a hot beverage "to go". Penny insists that they "talk", which turns into Penny and Sheldon each revealing a big secret. Penny admitted that she had done a topless movie, but thankfully it was never released. Sheldon tells her he has seen the movie, Leonard found it on the internet when she moved in! Then Sheldon shares his secret. He doesn't like Youtube's new rating system. Penny basically blows him off and starts to leave. Sheldon tells her that she hurt his feelings. She apologizes and they hug. (this was shot over 3-4 scenes).

Meanwhile...Raj and Howard attend the work social. Raj talks with another scientist who is lifeless. He leaves her and heads over to Howard by the food table. Mrs. Davis walk in and Howard explains to Raj how her husband left her. When Mrs. Davis approaches the food, Raj insults her and makes a great comment that had the audience laughin comparing her to a penguin. Mrs. Davis walks away in disgust. Later, Raj heads over to the table she is sitting at and apologizes for his comments. They banter back and forth and he compares her marriage to his four dates with Lucy. As Mrs. Davis is leaving, Raj says some kind words to her and Mrs. David leaves. When Howard asks how it went, Raj says they had a "moment". Howard tells him that he "didn't have a moment" and they banter back and forth about that for a bit. (3 scenes total I believe)

Amy and Bernadette go to the Hotel bar for drinks. Drinks are sent over to them by some guys at the bar. Amy is super excited and is delighted that they are getting hit on without Penny! Bernadette goes over and thanks the guys for the drinks and explains to them that they are both taken. Bernadette then makes a comment to Amy saying that no one would blame her if she decided to take it further with one of the guys. When Amy asks Bernadette what she means, she explains that her boyfriend is extremely "Sheldon." Amy is offended and insults Howard. They are still frustrated with each other when the scene ends. Later, they are in the hotel room getting ready for bed. They are not talking at first, but finally start disucssing how nice it was to be hit on. They asked each other which guy they liked better. Amy described the short one with the weird haircut and Bernadette describes that tall one who looked like he wasn't very experienced. After some talking they realize they were decribing each other's men and turn off the lights quickly and say goodnight! (3 scenes total)

The final scene is of Penny in the shower, a portion of her topless movie. Then, we see that Leonard is watching it on the North Sea with everyone there and telling them that she is his girlfriend.

Great experience and I feel so lucky that I was able to attend a live taping. :)

Notes and answers to questions:

Penny initiated the hug. Sheldon responded by trying to shake her hand, but she hugged him anyway. He seemed to warm up to the hug though. The touching moment for me was when he told her that she hurt his feelings.

Bernadette made the comment and then realized she made a mistake and apologized. It never went too far. Amy had a hard time forgiving her though...

I didn't find the end scene offensive and really didn't think of it that way. It was the very short clip they show at the end of an episode. I didn't think much of it. Leonard was very different in this episode though...Carefree and loving the North Sea!

I thought the episode was good, but missed the connection the entire cast has when they are all together. :)

Just to clear up a few things about the 3D chess. Sheldon convinced Penny to play. She wasn't enjoying it. There was a joke about her trying to take a break to get another beer. Then later, she was about to make a move (not having any clue how to play)...Sheldon pointed out she would lose if she moved there, she said "Then it would be over" in a happy tone. Sheldon then said he wouldn't make the move to end the game because they were having so much fun. Penny said, "yaaay" in her sarcastic tone. I hope I remember that order correctly...

Also...Penny initiated them "talking" after calling Leonard and being upset. Sheldon made her a cup of tea "to-go" and told her to figure out what that meant. She was also asking him to share a secret. He wasn't getting what she meant by that and so she ended up sharing the movie she was ashamed of. He in return told her about the youtube change that bothered him.

• Like 5

7.02 The Deception Verification

Reported by Kyzzx

Tape Date: August 27, 2013; Air Date: September 26, 2013

Story:         Chuck Lorre, Eric Kaplan & Jim Reynolds

Teleplay:    Steven Molaro, Steve Holland & Maria Ferrari

The episode begins as Sheldon and Penny are walking up the staircase to the 4th floor from the ground floor. 

Sheldon is striking up conversation with Penny by asking her if she knew that there's a possibility that severe weather patterns can actually disturb the Earth's rotation and actually make days longer. Penny coldly replies, "There must be a huge storm somewhere."

Sheldon then points out that if all his groceries are in proper condition, and if all of his eggs and other items are perfect, that would be the last time that Penny got to take him to the grocery store. She's excited about it, but he isn't. He says if one of his things isn't up to snuff, then they can go back to the store for "one last big blowout" before Leonard comes home.

They both get to their own apartment doors, and Sheldon says that her attitude will be reflected on her 'report card.'

Penny replies, "I didn't go to detention, I'm not gonna look at the report card." He goes into the apartment, and she walks into hers.

She walks in, and is looking to her left, and shuts the door. LEONARD IS BEHIND THE DOOR. She freaks out, drops her bag of groceries all over the floor, and is ecstatic to see him! They embrace and she asks why he's home so early.

He whispers, "Well, the experiment ended early and I thought I would come back and spend time with you here alone for a few days."

Penny says it's really romantic and asks why they're whispering, and Leonard whispers again, "Yeah. Um... that's why I did it. But don't tell Sheldon! Nobody else knows." so she says fine. As this conversation is ending, you hear Sheldon yell, from across the hall and through the door, that three of his eggs seem to be weak, and that Penny needs to grab her keys because they have to go back to the store.

At the comic book store a little later, Sheldon is looking at comics as Stuart walks by. Sheldon says, "Hey! Stuart, can you help me find something?"

Stuart replies, "Sure, I can! Unless it's hope. Or a reason to live."

Sheldon stops for a second, with a blank look on his face, and then says, "Ohhh, you make me laugh, sad clown! Anyway, Leonard will be back soon and I need a gift for him. Considering his time out at sea, I was thinking perhaps something with a nautical theme."

Stuart says, "Well, it depends on how much you're willing to spend. I have this really rare Aquaman figurine." He turns around, grabs it off the shelf, and sets it on the counter.

Sheldon looks down at it, then up at Stuart. "This is not a gag gift, Stuart!"

Stuart replies, "Fine! I should just sell it to a real collector, anyway."

"Well, I'M a real collector! How rare IS it?"

"Ah, I shouldn't have mentioned it." He moves it back slightly on the counter. "How about a Batman squirt gun?" he says, as he holds up a box with a kid's toy looking squirt gun.

Sheldon says, "Nooo, now, don't try to be tricking me into buying me something I don't want! Let's talk Aquaman."

Howard and Raj are standing at the other side of the comic book store looking through comics.

Howard says, "I don't know if I like them putting Doctor Octopus' brain in Spiderman's body."

Raj replies, "Well, I kind of like it. It combines the fun of Spiderman with the body changing shenanigans of Freaky Friday. Versions: both the original and Lohan." 

Howard mocks Raj with an accent, "Versions BOTH original AND LOHAN? Well then!" 

"Hey, what's your problem?" Raj says.

"Sorry, I've just been really snippy lately. It's probably this stupid diet I'm on..."

"Why are you on a diet?" Raj asks.

"Eh. I've put on a couple pounds. I had to buy these pants in the MENS section!" 

Raj sits there for a second and says, "We've seen your mom."

Sheldon, at this time, is telling Stuart he's offering him $1200 for the Aquaman figurine and it's his final offer! Stuart sells it to him, and says, "I'm sure Leonard will love it."

Sheldon looks surprised, "OH, yes! I need a gift for Leonard."

Stuart says, "Would you like to throw in a squirt gun? It's pretttttyyy rare."

It then cuts to Penny's apartment, where she and Leonard are sitting on the couch looking at his phone. He's showing her pictures from his expedition.

He says, "There's me doing the famous pose from Titanic." "Uh, huh." Penny smiles.

He slides his finger to the next picture. "And... that's me getting rescued..." She smiles again.

Then there's a knock at the door. "Pizza's here!" Penny exclaims, and Leonard stands up and gives her money out of his wallet while he goes into her bathroom. He mentions a sailor-ish phrase (that I can't remember, I'm sorry!) and Penny's like, "What?" and he says, "That's what us salty sea dogs say when we have to go pee pee."

She answers the door, and the pizza delivery guy tells her it's $22.50. She says, "Here's $25, keep the change."

He says, "Woah, woah, woah. That's it? I just had to walk up like four flights of stairs!" 

She looks at him, and then pulls some coins out of the key bowl that sits on the table by her door. "Heeerree issss... 30-something cents... and a guarantee that I'm not going to call your boss and tell him you reek of marijuana."

The guy takes the hint and starts to walk away as Sheldon is walking up the staircase holding chinese takeout in a bag.

"Oh, Penny! I see you ordered pizza. I have chinese food. Would you like to eat together?" 

She says, "Ohh, no no, that's fine. I'd rather just really eat alone tonight."

Sheldon walks by the pizza guy and says, "Oh, my, that's an earthy cologne." He stands there for a moment and quietly says, "My uncle wore that..."

Penny tries to say goodnight and then they both hear her toilet flush.

Sheldon asks if she has company and she says, "Ohh, no! The toilet has just been doing that lately. I've already called building maintenance, so it's fine."

Sheldon invites himself in and says, "Well, I can take a look at it!"

"Oh, there's really no need to, Sheldon, it's fine!"

"It's fine, I think I know what I'm doing. I did spend most of 5th grade with my head in a toilet."

She says, loudly, so Leonard will also hear, "There's no reason for you to go into the bathroom, Sheldon!" 

Sheldon looks down at the table at the two glasses of wine that are sitting there and says, "That's curious. If you don't have company then why are there two glasses of wine out?"

Penny smiles and says, "Well, I've got two hands and kind of a drinking problem."

"Ah. You're right. Silly question."

He turns around and notices her trash can. "Interesting. There are takeout boxes in your trash can."

"Yeah, that was my dinner from last night - so?"

"Sooo. The containers are IN the trash can."

"Sheldon, look, I really have just had a long day and just want to have dinner by myself..."

"Alright. I can't say I don't enjoy the solitude."

He starts to walk out the door and leans back in, "Hey, have you gotten a 'welcome back' gift for Leonard?"

"No."

"Wanna go halfsies on a $200 squirt gun?"

In Howard and Bernie's apartment, Bernadette is in the kitchen and Howard walks in the door.

She says, "Hey! I made brownies. Would you like one?"

Howard looks at her and says, "You're kidding. You know I'm trying to lose weight! Why would you offer me one of those? I thought we were PARTNERS IN THIS MARRIAGE!" 

"Sorry..." she says, "You don't need to lose weight."

He says, "Well the bathroom scale says something different so one of you is lying!" 

She says, "Sorry, I'll try not to bring it up. How was dinner at your mom's?"

"Awful. I had to rub her ointment on her again."

"Why can't she do it herself?"

"BECAUSE WE HAVE A DEEPLY UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIP."

Howard pulls out an empty tube of said ointment and says, "Hey, can you get any samples of these from work? They prescribed it but didn't take into account the square footage of her back."

Bernadette takes the tube and looks at the ingredients on the back. She says, "Howard, this is really, really strong estrogen cream. I HOPE you've been wearing gloves."

He looks up with wide eyes. "These swollen sausages couldn't fit!" (in reference to his fingers being fat)

"Sooo that's why you've been bloated and moody and a pain in the ass!"

"But you have estrogen and don't act like that!"

"I'm a woman! I've had years of practice riding the dragon!"

"Now I feel stupid. And fat."

"You still look great to me! Come to the bedroom with me and I'll prove it to you."

Howard grabs a pillow and looks up at her, "Sex?! Really?! THAT'S YOUR SOLUTION?"

Bernadette sits there and just looks down while Howard clutches to the pillow, looking like he's about to cry.

In the L/S apartment, Sheldon is at the kitchen island with Amy, who is holding up different index cards with made up words on them. She says, "You'll be happy to know I've created TWO separate words for spoons! Janko and planko. Planko is for a spoon with food on it. Janko is for a spoon with no food on it." 

Sheldon is looking the other way, not really paying attention.

"Sheldon! You're not paying attention to my made up language."

"That's not true!"

"Yes it is! Then what does tweepodok mean?"

There's a silence.

"Um... elephant?"

"...lucky guess."

"Amy, something happened at Penny's."

"What happened at Penny's?"

"I think Penny is being unfaithful to Leonard."

"Why would you think that?"

"Well, given Leonard is on his voyage and the history of Penny's ravenous nether regions..."

"I don't think she would cheat on Leonard."

"Oh, really? Well one time we were having a staring contest and she clapped really loud to make me blink! There's a thin line between that and sexual infidelity."

"That's ridiculous."

"Yeah, well, there were chinese takeout containers. In... the trash." 

Amy looks up and sighs and says, "...poor Leonard."

So they both walk over to Penny's apartment door, and Sheldon leans up against it to try to eavesdrop. 

Amy whispers, "Hear anything?"

"...yes. A woman's voice."

"...is it Penny?"

"No! It's you!"

"Oh, now I hear talking and giggling. Oh, now I think I hear kissing!" Sheldon says.

Amy whispers loudly, "How would you even know what kissing sounds like?!"

"THERE'S KISSING IN STAR TREK, SMARTY PANTS."

"Ugh, move over!"

Amy puts her ear against the door. "I hear voices... it sounds like Leonard."

"That's ridiculous. Why would he come early and spend his time kissing Penny when he could be hanging out with his best buddy?"

He waits a moment and says, "I can't. I have to catch her in this act..." and takes out a spare key to Penny's apartment and unlocks the door and barges in yelling "a-ha!" to find Penny and Leonard just sitting on her couch. Penny freaks out and says, "SHELDON. That's not okay! You can't just barge in like that!"

"Oh, right!"

He leans back, shuts the door, and smacks really loudly three times. "PENNY." "PENNY." "PENNY."

Penny and Leonard are both so shocked they're speechless. Sheldon yells through the door, "Are you going to open the door or do I have to barge in and say 'a-ha' again?"

He opens the door and Sheldon says, "...Leonard?"

"I'm sorry! I got home early and I really just wanted to spend a few days alone with Penny!"

Sheldon is offended and that he knows that Leonard constantly finds their friendship a nuisance. Leonard says, "I only say that at least once a month!" 

Sheldon says, "Okay, Leonard, let's just address the tweepodok in the room."

Leonard and Penny look very confused, and Leonard says, "Um... what?"

Sheldon replies, "It's high time you admit you don't like me any more."

"That's not true." 

"No, no. You find me finnicky and pedantic." 

Penny intervenes, "No, he doesn't!"

Leonard looks over at her and says, "I've actually said that before. With those words. In that order."

Sheldon says, "Penny, I just... we had such a nice time together! We went shopping and I let you use my rewards card to pay for your feminine hygiene products! Do you know what kind of coupons I'm going to get in the mail now?!" 

Leonard walks around to the table and tells Sheldon that he's got him a gift and hands him a bag. Sheldon pulls a sailors' cap out of it and asks Leonard if he really thinks he can buy back his friendship.

"No. I don't. I honestly don't." he says. "Just try it on..."

So Sheldon puts on the cap, and Leonard and Penny both say, "Ooooh, yeah!" and Amy stands up slowly and says, "Hellloooooo, sailor!" 

Sheldon, still looking mad, says, "Be right back." and struts off to Penny's bathroom to look at himself. 

He walks back and says, "THIS CHANGES NOTHING. ...except my Halloween costume for this year." and walks out. He quickly turns around and says, "Amy! You're going to be Olive Oyl. Lay off the donuts!" and walks off.

Back in the Howard/Bernadette apartment, Howard is in the livingroom when Raj knocks on the door. Howard thanks him for showing up and Raj says it's not a problem. Howard has made small sandwiches and put them out on the table and says there's a brie in the oven. 

Raj sits down and asks what's up. Howard tells him that he's been looking up the side effects of estrogen and says, "I'm going to need you to be honest with me..." He pulls up his shirt. "Do my boobs look bigger?"

Raj just sits there. "Um... I, I don't know."

"It's a yes or no question, Raj!"

"Well, I mean.... it's hard to tell. I'm not sure. Maybe jump up and down."

Howard jumps up and down for like 15 seconds while Raj stares at him. I still can't tell... how about, gimme some of this?" and Raj himself jiggles his upper body back and forth very quickly. "Mine do the same thing." he says.

Howard copies what he does and Raj says, "Hm. It looks like they could be bigger." and he goes to grope Howard's chest and Howard says, "Ahhh! Stop, they're sensitive." 

Raj says, "Oh. Sorry." and blows warm air on his hands and then grabs his chest, then grabs his own chest with his other hand to compare how they feel. 

Howard does the same, so now they both have a hand on their own chest and the other's chest. 

At this point, Bernadette walks out from the hallway in the back and is just staring at them in disbelief. They do not know she's standing there.

Raj says, "Hm. They could be."

Howard says, "Nooo, I'm definitely up a cup size."

Raj replies, "But they are firm! So you've got that going for you."

"You think so?"

"Yeah, you're very perky!"

"Thank you," Howard says lovingly. "I needed to hear that today."

Bernadette turns her ass around and walks back into the hallway, LOL.

The next morning in the L/S apartment, Leonard says 'good morning' to Sheldon and Sheldon says hello.

Leonard asks if he's driving him and Sheldon replies, "I would like a ride. Assuming you're actually going to take me to work."

Leonard asks what he means, and Sheldon goes into this elaborate reasoning of how he can't trust him since he came back from his expedition early and didn't tell him.

Leonard says, "I'm going to work. You can come." and starts to leave with him.

As Leonard is about to make it out the door, Sheldon says, "You have something on your shirt."

Leonard looks down, confused, "No... I don't."

"Hurts, doesn't it?" 

They start walking down the staircase and Sheldon says, "I'm beginning to wonder if anything you've ever told me is true."

Leonard mutters, "Oh, god, the ship sank... and I'm in hell."

"I mean, you say you're from New Jersey. How do I know?"

"Who would anyone claim they're from New Jersey?"

"...you have a point."

"Sheldon, I said I'm sorry, what else do you want?!"

"Admit you were wrong."

"Okay. I admit it. I was wrong. It was wrong!"

"...I wish I could believe you!"

They make it down to the lobby, and Leonard says, "I'm not driving you! You're annoying!"

"You don't mean what you say! You want to give me a ride and find me a delight!" Sheldon spits back.

"Knock it off!"

"Keep it up!"

"Goodbye!"

"HELLO!"

Leonard walks out the doors and toward his car. Sheldon stays by the door and yells, "I'M ASSUMING YOU'RE MEANING TO HOLD UP THE FOUR OTHER FINGERS?!"

Back upstairs, Penny is leaving for work and is in her Cheesecake Factory costume.

Amy walks up the stairs as well. Penny says, "Why are you here so early?"

"Driving Sheldon to work."

"Oh, is he still mad at Leonard?"

"Yeah, he's mad at you, too. He says you're the succubus that lead his friend astray."

"...I don't know what succubus is. It has suck in it. ...that can't be good."

Sheldon walks out the door and Penny says, "Hi Sheldon!"

He looks at her. "You don't get a 'hey.' You get a 'hrrrmmm.'"

Amy interrupts him and says, "Sheldon, stop it! Your fight is with Leonard, not with Penny, and-"

He cuts her off and says, "Be careful, Amy! The friend of my friend's girlfriend is also my enemy."

"I'm your enemy?" she says.

"Yes. You're either with me or against me."

"Do you WANT to take the bus?"

"...maybe there's a third option."

They all start to walk down the staircase in silence, and Amy says, "I also had a donut for breakfast, you jerk."

Later on, in the cafeteria at the university, Sheldon starts to sit down at the table where Raj, Howard, and Sheldon are already sitting.

Leonard says, "The data from the ship is getting crunched right now but it looks pretty good!" 

Howard says, "That's wonderful! If you can prove that there's [some kind of] radiation, then-" he stops and looks at Raj, who is staring, "HEY. MY EYES ARE UP HERE!" 

Sheldon sits and says, "Howard. Raj. Judas." as he pulls up cookies from his plate. "I have cookies. One for you... one for you... and for you, Leonard, I have two renegade peas that were in my tater tots."

"You know what, I'm done. I can't take any more of your stupid face!" Leonard says as he stands up to leave.

Sheldon says, "Well if you wanted to stop seeing stupid faces you better not look in the mirror! Or... a commission of an oil portrait of yourself..."

Howard says, "Guys, guys! Stop this! You guys are not just friends. You're BEST friends. And that's a beautiful thing." Howard starts getting choked up and crying. "Leonard, do you realize this man is mad at you because he MISSED you? Sheldon, you should be happy that he has love in his life, as I do mine." Howard then points to Raj, "This man helped me with my breasts." The entire cafeteria turns around and looks at him.

Raj says, "You're a little loud, dude..."

Howard finishes, "The point is, can't we just all sit here and be glad that we're together?"

They both quietly agree and sit in silence for a moment before Raj announces, "It wasn't anything weird! It was just to see how big they were."

Then it cuts back to the L/S apartment and everyone is present.

Penny says, "I'm so glad you guys are friends again."

Sheldon looks up at Penny and says, "Oh, Penny. I have this for you." and he hands her a coupon.

She reads it out loud. "$.50 off Vagisil..."

"Yes." Sheldon says, "Think of me when you apply it."

Everyone looks up awkwardly.

Raj changes the subject, "I'm just glad we're all here hanging out together again."

Everyone nods, and Leonard realizes something and asks, "Wait, since when can Koothrappali talk to women without a beer?!"

Bernadette says, "Oh! While you were gone. It happened right after you left."

Leonard looks at her, upset, "How come nobody told me?!"

Howard starts to tear up and says, "I can't believe we forgot to tell him!"

Penny casually leans over, and hands him the coupon. "Here, Howard." He just looks at her.

"Think of Sheldon when you apply it." and she winks. 

Ennnnnnnd scene.

• Like 5

7.03 The Scavenger Vortex

Reported by Roxanne, from a friend's notes
Tape Date: September 2nd, 2013; Air Date: October 03, 2013
Story:       David Goetsch, Eric Kaplan, Steve Holland
Teleplay:    Steven Molaro, Jim Reynolds, Maria Ferrari

This was originally posted by bigbangsheldon, in post #5. It was moved here to keep the reports in order and to keep them in separate posts.

Report for this episode can be found here

This taping is missing quite a lot of scenes as it was done over 4 different sessions, with audiences from the WB tour groups.

NOTE FROM MJ,CONCERNING TICKETS, 05 September 2013

I hope you don't mind, Tripper but I thought this was important information for those who look forward to the reports from those of us who go to the Big Bang Theory show tapings often :)

I got word today from a friend who also goes quite often that he received an e-mail from Steve at Audiences Unlimited (TVtickets.com) that next two show tapings he got tickets for....unfortunately, his name has to be taken off the list for those shows.

There is a new rule that fans can only go twice per season. When Kellee and I went last week, it was our first time this season and our friend's 2nd time...which would explain the e-mail he got.

Here is what is on the Big Bang page at TVtickets.com:

PLEASE READ - INFORMATION ABOUT TICKET DISTRIBUTION / STUDIO ADMISSION FOR THIS SHOW

PRIORITY ADMISSION: A limited number of PRIORITY admission tickets for each future show are released on this website starting 30 days prior to show date. The schedule updates by 8:30am Mon-Fri. Guests with these tickets will be admitted to the studio providing they check in on time (no later than 5:00pm or, if there is a time change, on less than 90min. prior to show time), comply with the minimum age restriction (18+) and have not been admitted to the show on a previous date this season*. If you check in late you may be placed in the standby ticket line. Each guest must have a printed ticket (from our website) with his or her name on it and matching photo ID at check in. Please allow sufficient time for potential traffic or parking delays! Pages will have a name list at check in of all guaranteed and standby ticket holders. “Guaranteed/priority tickets” still include “admission is not guaranteed” because if someone with a priority ticket shows up late, is under age or does not have a valid government issued photo ID, he or she may not be admitted.

STANDBY TICKETS: When the allotment of priority admission tickets has been distributed for each show date, we will then post and release a limited number of STANDBY tickets for the same show date. Standby ticket holders will be issued line numbers at check in and admitted accordingly on a first-come, first-served, basis as space allows once the production company’s guests and priority ticket holders (who checked in on time) are admitted. Pages will have a name list at check in of all priority and standby ticket holders. Although we expect to have some seats available, we may not know until approximately 30 minutes prior to show time how many may be open for standby ticket holders. Admission is not guaranteed. Please check the show schedule for ticket availability.

REPEAT ATTENDANCE: Due to the limited seating and high demand for tickets to "The Big Bang Theory," we request that guests attend a maximum of two shows per production season so we may offer as many different fans as possible an opportunity to be in the studio audience. If you have already been admitted on multiple show dates, please do not order additional tickets as they will be voided on receipt and your name will be removed from the ticket/check in list. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

After Sept 24th, it looks like, based on this new rule, Kellee and I are done for season 7 :(. We will let you all know if anything changes ever or if for whatever reasons, they allow us to continue.

Please pass on the word. Thank you so much.

ETA: I was always aware of the once per season with the Guaranteed (Priority). But with the stand-by tickets (which is pretty much all we ever gotten into the shows on), the staff told us there is no limit on those which is why we were able to go so many times. Now, this is about to change I guess. That's okay though, we're not all gonna die because Kellee and I can't go as often any more (not all of us anyway ;)) LOL. I'm still so excited we get to see the show at all...TV or otherwise. Thanks.

ETA Again (Oct 7th)...

I did not share the whole story with you all to respect my friends privacy, just in case he'd be embarrassed. But because he posted it the other day under one of my status messages on facebook where other BBT fans are, I think it's okay to share now :).

He is convinced this new "rule" is actually because of him and thinks that Kellee and I could keep going if we wanted to.

Basically, our friend has a very loud, high pitched laugh that started to get recognized by the production crew which in the end, resulted in Audiences Unlimited staff telling him he couldn't go to the next one. He felt really bad about it and definitely meant no harm by it. He's gonna just wait a while before going again and plans to be quiet as a mouse. LOL.

Feels good to clear that up. Especially after reading a comment from someone who said that Audiences Unlimited were getting lots of complaints because of people like us. Actually, this is an unfair statement because there are so few of us that attend often.

Most people we meet say to us, "I don't know how you guys do this all the time, waiting all this time to get into the show. We are doing this one time. LOL" A lot of people just aren't willing to do that. Which is why they allow people like us to keep coming. Thank you for reading. Spread the word if you feel like it.

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 8

7.04 The Raiders Minimization

Reported by Sprinkles

Tape Date: September 17, 2013; Air Date: October 10, 2013

Story:       Chuck Lorre, Jim Reynolds, Tara Hernandez

Teleplay:    Steven Molaro, Jim Reynolds, Maria Ferrari

Scenes one through five for this episode can be found here. Scenes six through 15 can be found here.

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 9

7.08 The Itchy Brain Simulation

Reported by Tomasina
Tape Date: October 22, 2013; Air Date: November 14, 2013
Story: Steve Molaro, Bill Prady, Jim Reynolds
Teleplay:    Eric Kaplan, Steve Holland, Maria Ferrari

The report for this episode can be found here

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 5

7.10 The Discovery Dissipation

Reported by Morya

Tape Date: November 12th 2013; Air Date: December 5th 2013

Story: Eric Kaplan, Jim Reynolds, Maria Ferrari

Teleplay:   Steve Molaro, Steve Holland, Adam Faberman

The report for this episode can be found here

Written by the beautiful Morya, what a babe, go tell her how much you love her. :)

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 9

7.12 The Hesitation Ramification

Reported by bigbangsheldon
Tape Date: December 11 2013; Air Date: January 02 2014
Story: Dave, Goetsch, Jim Reynolds & Tara Hernandez
Teleplay: Steven Molaro, Steve Holland & Maria Ferrari

SCENE 1:

Leonard & Sheldon's Apartment.

Amy and guys are all sitting down eating their take out food. The room is silent as all the guys are looking at their cell phones and eating at the same time. Amy is looking around at all of them, a little annoyed by it.

Amy: this is nice that we all get to eat together.
The guys: (in unison) Yeah, Umm hmmm. Still focused on their phones.
Amy: can we maybe put down the phones and have a real human conversation?
Sheldon: Thanks to Steve Jobs, we don't have to. *Looks back at his phone*

Penny enters the apartment.

Penny: guys, guess what?!?

She tells them that she got a part of NCIS. She plays a customer in a restaurant who gets to flirt with Mark Harmon. Leonard gives her a hug to say congrats and gets the guys attention and they all look up from their phones to congratulate her. Raj mentions that Mark Harmon is a dream boat. LOL.

Leonard: just flirt, right?
Penny: yeah, why?
Leonard: I just think it's sexier when they leave more to the imagination.
Amy: *looks at Sheldon* he's wrong!

Sheldon smiles at her and goes back to his phone (two other filmed reactions: he shrugs his shoulders and goes back to his phone & he simply stares at her for a second and goes back to his phone).

SCENE 2:

Cheesecake Factory.

Raj: I read a study that a man with a dog is three times more likely to get a girls number than a man without a dog.
Leonard: is it still true if that man let's his dog lick peanut butter off his tongue?

Howard makes a comment that if Raj likes things being licked off his tongue he can set him up with his mom.

*Sheldon looks at Leonard with a serious face*

Leonard: *to Sheldon* it's a joke.
Sheldon: why is it funny? It's unhygienic.  A joke is a brief oral narrative with a humorous climatic twist. For example, Howard's mother is so fat that she decided she would diet, exercise or both.

*The guys don't laugh at his joke*

Sheldon continues: the twist is that people don't change. *laughs*

Penny comes over to the guys and reminds them that the episode of NCIS that she's in airs tomorrow. The food is on her (she plans to steal it from The Cheesecake Factory).

Sheldon makes a joke that maybe she should also steal marbles for Howard's mom who is obese like the hippos in the Hungry, Hungry Hippos board game since the hippos also eat marbles in the game.

*Again, none of the guys are impressed by Sheldon's joke*

Sheldon: *puzzled* Maybe I should dumb my jokes down for you guys.

SCENE 3:

Leonard & Sheldon are climbing the stairs that lead to their apartment.

Sheldon: Leonard, do you think I'm funny?
Leonard: No....do you?
Sheldon: I think I'm hysterical.
Leonard: I take it back, THAT was funny.

****Something goes here but I couldn't read my own writing, sorry. LOL****

Sheldon: perhaps I should spend time developing a unified theory of comedy that allows me to elicit laughter from anyone at anytime.

Leonard asks Sheldon if he would like people to laugh with him or at him or something along those lines.

SCENE 4:

Stuart, Raj, Howard and Bernie are in a car headed to Sheldon & Leonard's apartment. Bernie is driving. Raj gets onto the subject that he has trouble talking to women, etc. Raj is given advice...don't remember the whole scene at the moment because it was a playback. Sorry.

SCENE 5:

Leonard & Sheldon's apartment:

Sheldon, Leonard, Amy, Penny, Stuart, Howard, Bernie & Raj are all gathered in the living room watching Penny's NCIS episode.

Leonard: I'm so proud of you!
Penny: my scene hasn't even started yet.
Leonard: Yeah but you're gonna be a TV star and you haven't left me yet.
*Penny smiles*

Sheldon *to Amy*: this makes me uncomfortable.
Amy: why?
Sheldon: I have never seen a single episode of NCIS and suddenly I'm watching episode 246?
Amy: Just pretend the first 245 episodes are the prequels.
Sheldon: *thinks about it* Okay....

Penny: here's my scene! *She pauses when she realizes that her scene isn't there* are you kidding me??? Where's my diner scene?
Bernie: what happened??

Penny explains that they must have cut her scene and she doesn't understand why. Leonard tried to comfort her and says that the fact that she got the part at all speaks volumes.

Penny is upset about it and leaves the apartment to go to her own. Once the door closes....

Sheldon: I've been studying how to make people laugh. Comedy is tragedy plus time *looks at watch*...annnnd show time!  

He gets up like he's going to follow Penny to go tell her a joke before Leonard grabs his arm and pulls him back down to the couch.

SCENE 6:

Penny's apartment.

Penny *on her cell phone* : No dad, I don't think they cut me out because I was too pretty. No, I don't need you to come kick Hollywood's ass. Okay. I love you. Bye.

Leonard knocks and let's himself into Penny's apartment and asks how she's doing.

Penny: it's a disaster. My parents had all my relatives over. They even got one of those six foot sandwiches. They got my brother a day pass out of rehab. Now he's missing, the sandwich is missing...he's probably in Mexico by now, this is humiliating! This was supposed to be my big break.

Leonard: with three lines? it wasn't gonna happen anyway.

Penny gives him an angry look.

Penny: I think you meant you don't believe in me.
Leonard: that's not what I meant.

The scene, in a nutshell, is Penny upset by some things Leonard has said to her and her feeling he is not being supportive of her dreams. She sarcastically says, "thank you, Leonard" and goes to her room.

SCENE 7:

Sheldon & Leonard's apartment.

Sheldon & Amy are in the kitchen. Amy making tea and Sheldon sitting at the counter surrounded by books.

Sheldon: this is interesting. Apparently, a key component in some forms of humor is the element of surprise.
Amy: well, that makes sense. The pre-frontal cortex. *she says some things I can't remember and gets to the word, "lesions"*

Suddenly, Sheldon shouts, "LESIONS!!!!"
Amy gasps and stops for a moment to catch her breath. "Sheldon!, that isn't funny, it scared me!"

She goes onto to tell him that his research on how to be funny is just ridiculous. In the middle of her lecture, Sheldon moves away from the counter, unbuttons his pants and drops them to his ankles right before her. There he stands in his white briefs and Amy immediately goes from serious to giggling. (Another filmed reaction from her is pure silence. They stare at each other before she finally says, "okay, that's funny."

Sheldon is happy with the result and waddles over to the white board to write something while his pants are still around his ankles.

SCENE 8:

Raj & Stuart are at the mall. The plan is for Raj to get more practice in speaking to women.

Stuart: how about her??
Raj: No! No pretty girls....we have to work our way up to pretty girls. How about that homeless dude over their getting cans out of the trash?
Stuart: I don't know, I don't want to bother him while he's working.

A girl walks up to them both: do you know where there's a coffee shop?
Raj: yes, but I'm not allowed to tell you.

SCENE 9:

Sheldon & Leonard's apartment.

Sheldon and Amy are sitting on the couch. Sheldon is still doing his comedy research.

Sheldon: Kumquat
Amy: I guess...
Sheldon: Ointment
Amy:Surrrre
Sheldon is Ointment more, equal to or less funny than Kumquat?
Amy: *bored out of her mind* I don't think I wanna go out with you any more.
Sheldon: stop joking around, I'm trying to figure this out.
Amy: Sheldon, how many words are you gonna go through?
Sheldon: all of them.

SCENE 10:

Penny's apartment.

Penny is sitting on the couch, watching tv with a glass of wine in her hand. She makes comments to the TV as she flips through channels: "YOU didn't get your part cut. *flips channel* YOU didn't get your part cut. *flips channel* All you guys in a band with your erectile dysfunction, YOU didn't get your parts cut."

Leonard knocks and comes in. "You think I can come in?"
Penny: you here to kill the rest of my dreams?
Leonard: I was stupid. What you're doing is hard but people DO make it. I believe you could be one of those people.
Penny: really?
Leonard: to make it up to you, I got you an audition for Star Wars.

Penny was happy until Leonard revealed it was one of those things were people submit videos of themselves doing a scene and she told Leonard that it would be a PR stunt. Leonard told her that she has an advantage because she's a real actress...normally only weirdo's and nerds send in videos....like Wolowtiz did days ago.

SCENE 11:

Stuart & Raj are still at the mall.

Stuart: how about the lady in the sweat suit speed walking?

Raj: actually, maybe it would be easy to....nevermind..she's gone.

SCENE 12:

Cheese Cake Factory.

Howard and Bernie are seated and in walks Amy.

Amy: hello.

Howard & Bernie: hey...

Howard: where's Sheldon?
Amy: he's trying to use science to determine the basis of humor.
Bernie: interesting
Amy: it's exhausting! Do you know how hard it is to laugh at a joke that starts with, "knock.knock.knock.Amy.  knock.knock.knock.Amy. knock.knock.knock. Amy."?

Bernie suggests that maybe Amy could just pretend to laugh at some of his jokes. It's something she's done before herself. Howard chimes in and asks if she's ever fake laughed at any of his jokes. Then, he said, "no, I would know if you're faking it. Plus, all I'd have to say to girls to make them laugh is, "will you go out with me?"

Bernie then does this long, drawn out, over exaggerated laugh and Howard immediately knnew it was one of her fake laughs. He gets offended and says, "I fake my orgasms"

SCENE 13:

Leonard & Sheldon's apartment.

Leonard is on the phone, ordering red roses for Penny.

Leonard: for flowers?? the kind that grow in the dirt, right?

Penny knocks on the door and comes in to apologize to Leonard. She has a glass a wine in her hand and is tipsy.

Penny: I know you were just trying to help with the Star Wars audition.

Penny goes onto say that she is frustrated because she's been in LA for 10 years as a waitress and has nothing to show for it. 

Leonard: you have me.
Penny. you're right. let's get married.
Leonard: what??
Penny:* gets down on one knee* Leonard Hofstader, will you marry me?
Leonard: Uhhhh...
Penny: you're seriously saying, "Uhhhhhh."????
Leonard: it's just that you're sad and you're drunk...

Penny gets frustrated and leaves the apartment.

Sheldon comes out of his room with a joke for Leonard that again, wasn't funny. Leonard goes to his room upset with what just happened between he and Penny.

SCENE 14:
Raj & Stuart are still at the mall attempting to practice their socializing skills. They're sitting on a bench.

Stuart: how about those guys over there sitting on a bench? They look pretty pathetic (enough to talk to).
Raj: that's a mirror.

A security guard walks up and informs them that the mall is now closing. Raj takes advantage of this moment to strike up a small conversation with the man.

Raj: do you like being a security guard?
Security guard: yes...
Raj: that's great...

Security guard walks away.

SCENE 15:

Leonard & Sheldon's apartment. Early morning hours. Leonard is seated at the kitchen counter drinking coffee.

Sheldon enters the room and says, "Can't sleep?"
Leonard: No.
Sheldon: would you like to talk about it?
Leonard:Penny proposed to me and I didn't say 'Yes'
Sheldon: why?
Leonard: that's a good question.
Sheldon: does that mean your relationship is over?
Leonard: I don't know.
Sheldon: why don't you ask her?
Leonard: I'm afraid of the answer.
Sheldon: well, I'm sorry *pats Leonard on the back*
Leonard: that's it? No joke or inappropriate comment?
Sheldon: No. You're my friend....I'm sorry *pats Leonard on the back again*
Leonard: Did you just put a "KICK ME" sign on my back??
Sheldon: No! *pulls a piece of paper off Leonard's back.*

((((TAG)))))

The tag is simply Howard's very entertaining Star Wars audition tape.

THE END.

• Like 9

7.16 The Table Polarization

Reported by Sprinkles123

Tape Date: January 28, 2014; Air Date:February 27, 2014

Story: Steven Molaro, Maria Ferrari, Tara Hernandez

Teleplay: Chuck Lorre, Jim Reynolds, Steve Holland

Here is a quick summary just after leaving the taping.

Here is a and answer to a question asked by another poster.

The complete report in two parts. The first part scenes 1-7 and the second part scenes 8-12.

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 3