The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bamf25

Season 7 Predictions!

Amy will break up with Sheldon, but he won't realize it. Perfectly reasonable, given he's Dr. Oblivious.

Leonard will break up with Sheldon for at least a couple episodes. Unfortunate, but perhaps unavoidable.

We meet Sheldon's Meemaw. Without a screed of a shadow of an inch of doubt.

Sheldon will request kissing lessons from Penny, so he gets it right with Amy. This seems to have marched right out of the realms of fanfiction, but then again, so did the spanking scene, the R/H kissing machine, the P/S wrestling scene and the D&D dice-scene, so I'm quite prepared to not be stunned at all.

Penny quits the cheesecake factory. Please, for the love of god!

William Shatner will quest star. Yes.

Professor Proton will go to that large hadron collider in the sky. Ach.

Leonard and Penny will be in exactly the same place most of the season, with a cliffhanger breakup threat at the end. [Priya/Alex/???] This is not my field, so I'm not going to go leaping about in it.

I have "bolded" my initial thoughts on these matters. For my own edification. I think Disgusted's predictions generally range from the wildly likely to the wholly probable.

The one that worries me is Proton. Do you really think they'll send the chap off?

Thus far there has been no deaths that are directly related to a character in the present time period. Leonard lost his uncle, but that seemed to be dealt with as more of a plot-thrust and a joke than anything. In the same vein, they also killed Mitzy.

Killing off Proton, who has the potential to be a cathartic replacement for Sheldon's father, would be a grievous thing to do. Similar to killing off his Meemaw. If either of these are ever used as a catalyst to the boudoir, I shall vomit into my kettle, and fling it over a rainbow (to paraphrase various people).

On another note, does anyone think they might bring out the hoary old trope of Sheldon's brother shambling into town, and one of the three women-folk falling for him? (For one episode only mind. They seem to have a peculiar attention span)

• Like 1

^^^^

My gut tells me they will do one episode with Professor Proton where Sheldon becomes Professor Proton Jr., and I think they will do the second episode where Proton dies.  As shown in the last season, his death would be very difficult for Sheldon to deal with.

• Like 1

Killing off Proton, who has the potential to be a cathartic replacement for Sheldon's father, would be a grievous thing to do. Similar to killing off his Meemaw. If either of these are ever used as a catalyst to the boudoir, I shall vomit into my kettle, and fling it over a rainbow (to paraphrase various people).

Well, Prof. Proton dying might be just the push Sheldon needs to realize that he can't face some things alone, and send him into Amy's arms.   throw_a_bone_by_mirz123-d3icmny.gif

• Like 1

Ooo the kissing machines!  Bring that awkwardness back, please. 

Who do you recommend on using it?  If as suggested that Penny use it with Sheldon to teach him how to kiss --  well some are saying you don't mind Penny cheating on Leonard. No ifs or ands about it, it's cheating.

Howard and Raj already used it.  So I guess Amy and Sheldon is the only one left that can use it.

Edited by ArmyGirl

Well, Prof. Proton dying might be just the push Sheldon needs to realize that he can't face some things alone, and send him into Amy's arms.   throw_a_bone_by_mirz123-d3icmny.gif

Not only that but how many things can you do with Prof. Proton? He can't have a recurring role like Kripke or Stuart.

Edited by Chrismo

While I could totally see Sheldon asking Penny for kissing lessons there is no way I could see Penny agreeing in any form.

I do think Leonard and Penny will move in together, but I don't know if they'll be living in 4A or 4B. Either way I could see Amy moving in to the vacated room/apartment to be closer to Sheldon.

Lol I'm sorry but Penny has never thought about Sheldon in that way  for once second the entire series. Can people stop with this Sheldon and Penny thing it's okay for fun in an AU, but suggesting it has a prediction for the show in this season, even Penny giving Sheldon kissing lessons, please she is in love with Leonard she woulden't do anything at all to threaten that JMO.

• Like 1

Not so much a series of predictions, more of a list of educated guesses : 

- the tenure saga will lead to a fight to the death (figuratively speaking, of course) between the boys = I used to be certain Leonard would get the job, since it made sense both on a meta (he is the protagonist and needs to start the separation process from Sheldon) and an intra (he now works with Pr. Hawking) level but I am no longer so sure. Regardless of who gets it, the storyline shall deliver;

- Penny will get an acting job = there was no point telling/showing us what a good actress she is if it is not used at some point. The writers could have continued to let us believe Penny was simply untalented to justify her lack of employment in the acting wolrd yet they made sure to prove to us she is good by having Sheldon, the man who rarely pays anyone any compliment, acknowledge her competence. So, it has to pay off at some point. My guess would be a part in something Tennesse Williams-related (she mentioned The Cat on the Hot Tin Roof in The Thespian Catalyst and played A Streetcar Named Desire's Blanche in The Monster Isolation)... Come on, Night of the Iguana

Though, come to think of it, Pr Proton is due for a comeback, I am sure. Could he get another TV show and could Penny work with him ? 

- Leonard will become more assertive = he went on a Hawking-sponsored expedition in the North Sea. That definitely beats space, no matter how you look at it. While I doubt he will go all Howard and mention his trip every other minute, I think he will definitely be pleased with the experience and might even get a tiny wee bit cocky about it. Careful Icarus ! 

- Raj will be more sensitive = he has finally experienced love and its loss. While I do not expect such an event to change his personality entirely, I believe that should make him less callous and self-centered.

Overall, I guess I would like for the writers to develop the characters on an individual level.

I love the romance and the 'ships, of course, but I think it could be interesting for the characters to be faced with personal (either professional or family-related) challenges and then come back to their peers/lovers to see how the results of those challenges affect their relationships instead of having the relationships themselves change the characters. 

That is all I have for the moment. 

• Like 3

Not so much a series of predictions, more of a list of educated guesses : 

- the tenure saga will lead to a fight to the death (figuratively speaking, of course) between the boys = I used to be certain Leonard would get the job, since it made sense both on a meta (he is the protagonist and needs to start the separation process from Sheldon) and an intra (he now works with Pr. Hawking) level but I am no longer so sure. Regardless of who gets it, the storyline shall deliver;

- Penny will get an acting job = there was no point telling/showing us what a good actress she is if it is not used at some point. The writers could have continued to let us believe Penny was simply untalented to justify her lack of employment in the acting wolrd yet they made sure to prove to us she is good by having Sheldon, the man who rarely pays anyone any compliment, acknowledge her competence. So, it has to pay off at some point. My guess would be a part in something Tennesse Williams-related (she mentioned The Cat on the Hot Tin Roof in The Thespian Catalyst and played A Streetcar Named Desire's Blanche in The Monster Isolation)... Come on, Night of the Iguana

Though, come to think of it, Pr Proton is due for a comeback, I am sure. Could he get another TV show and could Penny work with him ? 

- Leonard will become more assertive = he went on a Hawking-sponsored expedition in the North Sea. That definitely beats space, no matter how you look at it. While I doubt he will go all Howard and mention his trip every other minute, I think he will definitely be pleased with the experience and might even get a tiny wee bit cocky about it. Careful Icarus ! 

- Raj will be more sensitive = he has finally experienced love and its loss. While I do not expect such an event to change his personality entirely, I believe that should make him less callous and self-centered.

Overall, I guess I would like for the writers to develop the characters on an individual level.

I love the romance and the 'ships, of course, but I think it could be interesting for the characters to be faced with personal (either professional or family-related) challenges and then come back to their peers/lovers to see how the results of those challenges affect their relationships instead of having the relationships themselves change the characters. 

That is all I have for the moment. 

The writers don't know if it was Molaro or Prady said their are no plans at this stage to develop Penny's acting career. They said 1. It is more realistic a pretty blonde girl next door struggling as an actress and 2. They don't have the resources to hire another set, which would happen if Penny got a role in a tv series or something, also I don't think the writers are too keen on revealing the going ons of the tv industry in the background. I do believe and agree this well be the season Leonard becomes more assertive and assured, in his relationship with Penny around his peers. He may start one upping Sheldon! Lol love too see that, "Any thoughts Sheldon no? good". I think what would be good though if Penny decided to pursue a career in Broadway, or even do a few more plays she could get paid for it, or a good or bad review could come out and this could involve the individual development of the characters, Penny if she gets a bad review would cry in Leonard's arm's, and if it is a good review then rejoice. Like too see Penny do more auditions too, maybe see her go to auditions, or even hear more about it. I get Penny being 27, no contacts, not much of a resume doesen't bode well for her acting career. Like the saying "Some are born with greatness, some have  greatness later on, and some have greatness thrust upon them". This could be the case for Penny, she could get a big break and that well be it, but don't think it well happen this season or season 8. Like too see more interaction and moments between Howard and Bernadette dealing with marrage issues that come along, like having rows over who makes more Howard: What I don't make enough money to pay this bill today? I'm a astronaut! Bernadette: "Oh you sat in a ship and soiled youself!" haha. More development between Shamy, I think the reason Sheldon has yet to get physical with Amy, is he is more intimate with her then he has with anyone ever, and he is prob scared of loosing that intimacy. Maybe their first kiss comes from a Halloween EP, they bond through science, after all that is the attraction between too. Hope too see more of a backbone from Amy in S7 too, stop giving into Sheldon's every whim, play hard to get a bit Sheldon well hate that. Amy does the silent treatment on Sheldon and it drives him crazy, and forces him to reveal his true feelings, or Sheldon has dreams about Amy like sexual fantasies, and it bothers him as he has not felt that way ever about females. And it would be really funny if Raj takes advantage of his new found ability to speak to women without alchol, and becomes a player, and every Thursday night or something brings over a date that the girls hate haha. And lastly I don't expect a Lenny engagement this season, maybe in S8 I think the writers well drag it out to get more storylines. Reading the taping reports I haven't been this excited and loved the impression I got since Season 3, Season 7 could be the season BBT becomes epic, I have always thought BBT has had the potential to be the most memorable tv show of this generation, maybe this seasons it!

Edited by 3ku11

The writers don't know if it was Molaro or Prady said their are no plans at this stage to develop Penny's acting career. They said 1. It is more realistic a pretty blonde girl next door struggling as an actress and 2. They don't have the resources to hire another set, which would happen if Penny got a role in a tv series or something, also I don't think the writers are too keen on revealing the going ons of the tv industry in the background.

Saying they don't have the resources for another set is so lame. This show is raking it in and they create incidental sets all the time. They created a new set for Raj to kiss Lucy through a fence and Sheldon to challenge Wil Wheaton on his doorstep. These are the most recent I can think of but there are loads of temp sets over the years.  

It is realistic that Penny won't be a star but she could EASILY get small stuff and they wouldn't need a set for it. Six years at the cheesecake factory is getting a bit unrealistic. They could at least give her another job.

• Like 2

Six years at the cheesecake factory is getting a bit unrealistic. They could at least give her another job.

This is exactly what I thought. I find it a bit weird that Penny can't even find a permanent role in a movie or TV show. She's bad as an actress but it's weird if she remains a waitress all her life. As she always said, she dreams of becoming an actress .Therefore she should invest more in that ! or she seek a new job but in cinematography.The writers can imagine many things for her job.

This is exactly what I thought. I find it a bit weird that Penny can't even find a permanent role in a movie or TV show. She's bad as an actress but it's weird if she remains a waitress all her life. As she always said, she dreams of becoming an actress .Therefore she should invest more in that ! or she seek a new job but in cinematography.The writers can imagine many things for her job.

That is the problem though. She is not a bad actress. 

For a long time, the writers kept the audience in the dark in re. Penny's acting abilities so we could simply assume her unemployment in the field was the result of her lack of talent and laugh it off. Now they have shown her to be a genuinely good actress, the prospect of her never getting a decent career is no longer as humourous but a little bit sad. 

Mr Molaro's exact quote on the topic was : 

So, Penny's acting career might actually take off?

Well, we saw this season that she's actually a pretty talented actress when she was onstage. I don't know, though. We don't have immediate plans for or against her career taking off. In general, I think what we have so far is a pretty accurate portrayal of a pretty girl who moved to Los Angeles, and took acting classes, and is trying, and is struggling, and is a waitress. I think for a lot of people, that's the reality. If she starts to get really successful, now we're sort of behind the scenes in Hollywood, and I think that may be not exactly the kind of thing we tend to do on this show. But nothing's ruled out

"Take off" is quite vague. I do not necessarily want/expect Penny to become a star. It would be difficult to make that happen within the confines of the show. However, she could get some theatrical work. There would be no need to show it on screen; we could be told about it. It would not even have to imply her departure from the Cheesecake Factory : she could keep that job to pay the bills and do work on stage, slowly building up her acting resume, getting a reputation in theatrical circles... 

It would be nice for that particular ball to get rolling.

• Like 1

I had not read this article. It's much clearer that way but I believed have understood that Penny is a bad actress . Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't think it was ever implied Penny was techniquley anyway a bad actress, it may come across that way because her lack of success. But moments like the Play in S6 the writers have shown Penny can actually act, some times it doesen't matter how talented you are when it comes to being an actor. Your experience and who you know can play a big part in your success, maybe if she made some contacts or I don't know she knew someone who knew a big time producer she may get some where. But I like where Penny is at, don't want that like if she pursued broadway more or did more plays for now, she's seems to really enjoy doing that.

my Season 7 predictions:

Leonard

- could get the tenure
- his boat trip during the summer was a success (maybe)
- should give Penny something awesome for her birthday (party, some great shoes)
- his mother should visit again
- maybe his brother or sister comes to visit or he could skype with one of them

Sheldon

- misses his buddy
- should work with Raj again
- should skype with his twinsister or his mom or these two come back for one episode

Penny

- should become a better job than the one in the Cheesecake Factory
- should propose to Leonard next year
- shouldn`t ruin Valentines day again for Leonard´s sake
- could teach Leonard how to dance
- could teach Sheldon some people skills
- should teach Sheldon again in acting
- can hang out with her girls as often as she wants - love girls night!
- I wanna see her mother!
- I wanna learn more about her background in Nebraska
- she should finish Comunity College!

Howard

- should kiss Raj again accidentally :lol:
- wanna know why his dad left

Raj

- should get Lucy back
- should help Leonard to plan Pennys brithday party

Amy

- wanna see her mother again
- should pamper Sheldon just for one day

Bernadette

- she can imitate Howards mother as often as she wants I love it :D
-

couples:

Shamy:  should be the center of the 150th episode next year

Leonard/Penny: little fights will come but thats it I hope, no more break ups
- they should go dancing in a club

Howardette (Howard/Bernadette):
- no pregnant Bernadette please
- they could go on a double date with Shamy

other things

- Zack should come back
- Kripke can come around as often as he wants same for Wil Wheaton
- I wanna see Ramona Nowitzki again
- Leslie Winkle can come back

• Like 2

Leonard to get tenure just to antaganise Sheldon even more lol. Dont expect a Lenny engagement this season although be awesome if it happened, but more next season, the writers well prob drag it out to get more storylines. And on VD this season Penny should go all out, to make up for last years performance (although I understand the reason why she reacted the way she did). Penny to do more commercials and auditions as much as I love Lenny in S6, it felt at times her main role was making Leonard's dinner, although I love that part of Penny now, she has become alot more domesticated now, in terms of how tidy she is now and her pre-planned meals. But she also needs to focus on herseld, maybe more commercials and auditions, they could get her a recurring role in a tv series, just more behind the scenes kinda thing. Like too see an ep where Lenny go camping, and can imagine Sheldon locking himself out, and is forced to stay with Amy, gets used to her apartment and can't stay enough lol. And for Leonard and Penny it starts raining or something, and they come back or dirty and Penny is not happy haha. No break up for Lenny dont want them to do with Lenny what they did with R & R from Friends, let them have some fun. And also they should move in together this season, Penny could move in with Leonard and Sheldon alot of comedy in that haha.

In S7 I predict Penny will make some more spaghetti. Plot twist: she steps it up and makes (lactose free) Carbonara! I do like to see that domestic side of her. I agree about the V-Day thing. Moving in together... I want that to be a surprise like, not stemming from anything obvious and towards the end of the season. Amy... maybe try find "loopholes" in the relationship agreement to try take things further and Sheldon doing something that will totally surprise her and make Shamy hearts flutter, in his Sheldon-like way :)

• Like 1

In S7 I predict Penny will make some more spaghetti. Plot twist: she steps it up and makes (lactose free) Carbonara! I do like to see that domestic side of her. I agree about the V-Day thing. Moving in together... I want that to be a surprise like, not stemming from anything obvious and towards the end of the season. Amy... maybe try find "loopholes" in the relationship agreement to try take things further and Sheldon doing something that will totally surprise her and make Shamy hearts flutter, in his Sheldon-like way :)

I think the pendulum will swing for L/P but only quiver for S/A. Nothing will be a complete lock this season. But they will have fun with it all.
  • Like 1

I don't want any break-ups this season--keep it homeostasis.  I like how they've been minimizing the drama of the relationships with just a few bumps in the road.  This season I predict some career highs and lows for all the characters--possibly Leonard getting tenure (though that's almost too predictable at this point), Amy making a big discovery, Penny progressing in her education since that big break hasn't come yet.  I hope there are some sweet moments, either within a romantic relationship or between friends (like when Sheldon offered Howard his spot).  I predict some parents show up.  It's also always a safe bet that Sheldon will get into an escalating war with someone; so far it has been Penny, Raj, and Howard, so one of the others is due.  I hope they also develop the friendship between Sheldon and Bernie, and reveal some more about Amy's family.

• Like 1

Predictions, so many, but for the end of the show I see 3 possibilities

1. Leonard and Penny break up, and Penny moves away

2. Leonard and Penny get married

3. Penny is given a "once in a lifetime" acting opportunity, and leaves with Leonard's blessing.

I think Raj will discover that being sober will not make him good with women.  I have never been able to pin down exactly what kind of character he is as he alternates between being very arrogant and very down on himself; and this is while sober.  Very bipolar.  I think he will discover that he has to work at making a relationship work.  If there is any drastic relationship building this season I think it will be with Raj one way or the other and not with the others.

I do not believe that Penny and Leonard will break up again.  The writers have to know that that particular plot device is starting to annoy long-time fans.  We're in season 7 now and the relationships I think have to start stabilizing.  That's not to say that there can't be trouble, but nothing so dramatic as to break them up.  I am also back and forth on whether there will be a marriage proposal this season.  It could be the finale or it could not happen at all.  I agree with another poster who said that ratings might dictate this.

If Penny does get a great acting opportunity, I do not believe it will mean her leaving as that would be too close to the Season 6 finale and the season 2 finale.  Also, in episode 6.21, they show Penny starting to realize that she doesn't need to be famous to be happy.  Yes, she still wants it and there is nothing wrong with that, but her life and her happiness are not defined by it anymore.  She's transferred that to Leonard.  However, having said that I do acknowledge that her career could provide the main plot for the season 7 finale.

I don't foresee any significant movement on the Shamy front.  I don't think the show-runners want that nor do Jim and Mayim.

I think we will learn about Howard's dad.

The tenure issue disappears and doesn't get mentioned again.

Leonard and Penny do not break up. Penny does not propose this season.

Raj has a succession of romantic encounters. I expect these to be a big part of the season.

No babies yet for Howie and Bernie, but I could see her getting pregnant before the season's end. I like the idea of a miscarriage from above.

Amy and Sheldon have some major developments. I don't know which way they will go but expect them to grow closer and closer to coitus. No coitus this season, though. 

Leonard's mom meets Sheldon's mom. 

Something happens to Penny's career, whether she gives up, gets successful, becomes a student, but I expect movement here. 

They really try to solidify the 7 person ensemble with more cross-relationships than in the past. 

Something good happens to Leonard's career- nominated for a Nobel Prize, tenure if that happens, etc.

• Like 1

The tenure issue disappears and doesn't get mentioned again.

Leonard and Penny do not break up. Penny does not propose this season.

Raj has a succession of romantic encounters. I expect these to be a big part of the season.

No babies yet for Howie and Bernie, but I could see her getting pregnant before the season's end. I like the idea of a miscarriage from above.

Amy and Sheldon have some major developments. I don't know which way they will go but expect them to grow closer and closer to coitus. No coitus this season, though. 

Leonard's mom meets Sheldon's mom. 

Something happens to Penny's career, whether she gives up, gets successful, becomes a student, but I expect movement here. 

They really try to solidify the 7 person ensemble with more cross-relationships than in the past. 

Something good happens to Leonard's career- nominated for a Nobel Prize, tenure if that happens, etc.

I really like the Idea of Leonard being Nominated for a Nobel Peace prize/Tenure. I think the writer could get a lot of Mileage out of Sheldon's reaction. A good twist would be if Sheldon offered a suggestion to Leonard that Caused the Nomination. Sheldon would be claiming the Nobel Prize should be his. BTW bring back Leslie Winkle just to rub it in. She was great at putting Sheldon in his place.

no one on the show is ever going to win the Nobel Prize, ever. It would overly complicate things because suddenly the show takes place in a different universe. You could never bring up the research that actually won the Nobel Prize for that year, or anything based on that work.

• Like 1