The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bamf25

Season 7 Predictions!

Raj can be very shallow and that's something I really don't like about him, he can be nice at times though

Edited by rachelshamyfan

Raj can be very shallow and that's something I really don't like about him, he can be nice at times though

Raj is actually very interesting.  I agree with you but I don't think we are supposed to think that about him.  His actions though have been very shallow and selfish throughout the show.  It will be interesting to see what the writers do with him now that he can talk.  I predict he will be a dismal failure still with the ladies until he learns to grow up.

I Think one of the big reason's why Sheldon has changed alot over the years, is his work has been diminished, on top of that after undermining Leonard's work for so many years, he is now getting more recognition and success of late. So because of this I Think your going too see a very jealous Sheldon in Season 7, if Leonard get's some attention. And because of Leonard's success Leonard well get a bit cocky this season, hence monopolising the situation of Beverley's book to gain sex, Leonard maybe now showing tendencies of her former boyfriend's, be a little bit sneaky and manipulative also a tad more assertive in terms of his stamp on the relationship. Leonard well get carried away then Penny well bring him back down to earth, and he well realize how he has been behaving. I don't expect an engagement this season, I think they need to progress a bit more in their relationship, I think Leonard and Penny should take a vacation they need it, yes Leonard just came back, but that was work. Penny the poor girl all she does is work at the Cheesecake Factory and struggle with her acting career, that and last season Penny is now trying to progress her education, this could help with her acting career considering the type of paper's she is taking.

Considering Penny's resume and her acting experience, and the fact she hasen't made a lot of contacts over the years since moving to Pasadena, and other then a few commercials and other then that horror flick, the chances of her getting a role in a recurring series or even a movie, seeing she is turning 27 is a bit remote. Also the fact Penny used to define her happiness and success based on her wanting to be an actor, I don't think it was the acting she was neccessary passionate about but stardom. When she moved to Pasadena she was 21, and was young and idealistic. Sure she is passionate about acting, but the acting was just a loop hole almost and outlet to gain stardom. As she matured over the years, hence the Closure ep in Season 6, her self actulization is starting to change some what, she is now starting to actualize her happiness and success based on her relationships. I know alot of people have argued she used to have emotional intelligence, and this make's her look like a looser, and in some regard's you could have a case, but her getting closure in that scene was really her happiness being transfered to Leonard, yes she is obviousley effected by the fact she came to Pasadena to be a star, and it diddn't work out, but that doesen't make her a looser it make's her human.

The fact she is going back to college to develop her education, say's a lot about her resileance. Although other then Leonard and her education, I think Penny need's something for her self, so I hope the writers get her into more plays, or she start's writing maybe and get's some validation through that. That's another point when it come's to the relationship's, which were practically second to the science in the first three season's, because for the record these are complex characters, Leonard and the guy's are not nerds but people who are nerd's when it come's to their interest's and hobbies. These characters have all grown up really, and their priorities have shifted, Leonard is no longer the awkward geek pining after the gorgeous girl next door, just like Penny is no longer the hot girl next door with aspirations of being a huge movie star, she is now fully integrated into the group. So their's a big shift of change occuring in The Big Bang Theory right now in Season 7, that the writers have to contend with. I also think Shamy from a writers standpoint won't progress so much, little changes may see a SIK, but prob only once and Sheldon well probably be so awkward about it.

I would like too see this in a Halloween Episode, that Sheldon and Amy get closer and their physical intimacy as a result through bonding over science, I also think we need too see proof that Sheldon and Amy could have a sexual relationship, maybe a dream where Sheldon has a dream about Amy, and wake's up confused by these new feeling's he has never had before. So I think the characters could go through some issues individually, like say family issues, career issues e.t.c. And come back and see how this effect's their SO's, I would also too like too see a lot more Science in Season 7 and I am confident it well return, like I have said before I do not beleive the Science has eradicated completley, I just think Season 4 the relationship's, and the priorities of these characters have shifted, because after all it is not a show about "nerd culture", but a show about people who go through thing's that people go through every day. I think that is what make's TBBT so universal and unique, nerd's are often social outcast's but seeing them in situations even normal one's, and seeing how they react and still overcoming any obstacle in their love life or in their career, is really endearing.

So I think the Science in terms of the dialogue has diminished some what, but not the actual storyline's, or actual story arch's. I am actually glad their was not much science in 7.01 and 7.02, it was not the episode for it, they are dealing with much important things in their lifes right now, that goes beyond Sheldon's experiments with Mountain Dew lol. So the Science is a lot more subtle then it has been in the past, but I would like too see more storyline's dealing with actual Scientific Endeavours, like more situations at Cal-Tech, and see a lot more scenes and interactions at Cal-Tech. I would also as the show progresses and when it is appropriate, a lot more experiements, I remember Howard especially in the first three season's did a lot of fun experiements, like that killer robot, and his dune buggy, and that laser thing e.t.c. See how those experiements effect their career's in general, and also like too see the guy's every now and then play online gaming just the guys would be cool.

So I think a vacation for Penny and Leonard to recharge their battaries a bit, also I think it would be nice if Leonard and Penny spent some time as a couple. That's another idea for an episode maybe Leonard and Penny go camping or something, I think Penny would show alot more transferable skills then Leonard, and Howard, Raj, and Bernadette are off doing something. Because of this Sheldon is all on his own, and he somehow get's locked out of his apartment, seeing both Leonard and Penny are away, he is forced to stay with Amy. Because of this Sheldon found he enjoyed staying so much, he keep's coming over every night, this start's to annoy Amy haha, but she also think's it's an oppurtunity for them to get closer, so she start's to take advantage of this and as a consequence Amy and Sheldon get closer, and their physical intimacy grows as does their emotional intimacy. 

Edited by 3ku11

Amy will break up with Sheldon, but he won't realize it.

Leonard will break up with Sheldon for at least a couple episodes.

We meet Sheldon's Meemaw.

Sheldon will request kissing lessons from Penny, so he gets it right with Amy

Penny quits the cheesecake factory.

William Shatner will quest star.

Professor Proton will go to that large hadron collider in the sky.

Leonard and Penny will be in exactly the same place most of the season, with a cliffhanger breakup threat at the end. [Priya/Alex/???]

Well, its the halfway point of the season, and I'm feeling pretty confident!

Well you got one right, do you still stand by the other 7?

Well you got one right, do you still stand by the other 7?

Not sure, but maybe a spoiler alert should have been included here?

Post-Shamy kiss prediction:

by the end of the season, Sheldon and Amy's relationship will get more physical, little by little of course. Fingers crossed for coitus before or in the season finale.

• Like 1

These are not items supported by any rumor, or anything that may have appeared in the press.  What items do you predict will happen.  To start...

Leonard will be the one getting tenure.

Raj will get some sort of long term relationship (end of season)

no tenure but Raj does get a girl ;)

Amy and Sheldon will break up(sheldon's fault) and Amy will have a one stand with Raj.(they will both be drunk) Later in the season they will make up and get back together.

Penny will see Alex with Leonard at the end of Season 7 get jealous and will end up proposing to him in the season 7  finale.

well, Sheldon and Amy do not break up..but Sheldon does leave to find himself, and you were right about the Lenny proposal. ( now that season 7 is over, i'm just going back to see who got what predictions right... ;)   )

Leonard will get the tenure.

I think that Shamy will have some physical moments, and I'm almost sure we will a SIK in the middle of the season (or near the season finale), but no coitus right now.

Penny won't propose to Leonard in this season because she still is afraid of this kind of commitment, but Leonard might start to show her that marriage ins't that bad, by taking small steps in their relationships, like spending more time in her house.

If Raj gets a girlfriend, it will be only in the season finale, because this season is going to show a "new world" for him, where he could talk to any woman, but he'll probably make something stupid and ruin some dates.

About Howard and Bernadette, they might have a big change. Since they were always the most normal couple in the show, H/W haven't been a focus for the writers and viewers for a while. I think that in this season will be different: they could have a fight after talking about kids, but they won't break up. Maybe Howard will spend some days in his mom's house because of that, and then  the writers could make a lot of Howard and Mom moments that were always loved by the fans. And  then, in the end of the season, they will get back together and Bernadette will accept the possiblity of having babies.

That's it, I think :D

well, you were spot on about the SIK...right smack dab in the middle of the season.  Raj does get a girlfriend but not quite at the end of the season, There is some focus on Howard and Bernadette in the last two episodes with "Debbie" - Howard's mom. so half of your predictions came out. ( no tenure for Leonard, yes, Penny did propose ...twice) 

Any predicitons for season 8?

Amy will break up with Sheldon, but he won't realize it.

Leonard will break up with Sheldon for at least a couple episodes.

We meet Sheldon's Meemaw.

Sheldon will request kissing lessons from Penny, so he gets it right with Amy

Penny quits the cheesecake factory.

William Shatner will quest star.

Professor Proton will go to that large hadron collider in the sky.

Leonard and Penny will be in exactly the same place most of the season, with a cliffhanger breakup threat at the end. [Priya/Alex/???]

2 predicitons... correct :) ( penny quits cheesecake factory/ prof. proton dies... well done)

I don't see how Lenny can survive another breakup where fans and viewers will continue to care about them.  Look at how the on and off again worked against them, so I say enough already --- the writers need to pen storylines of them as a couple and let go of the 'break them up mentality'.  There is more than enough storylines they can come up with for Lenny, there is their families, they could take a trip together, there is their jobs (Penny could get a small role in some B movie), so there is no excuse for breaking them up again.

As for a proposal from Penny I don't think the writers are ready to go there.  I keep reading where TPTB think they are in a good place right now and don't see the need to move Lenny forward from where they are now.  For me I don't know how long fans are going to be happy being stuck in another holding pattern after the long wait on the 'I love you' for Penny. TBBT is on it's seventh season and with no growth for Lenny may cause some viewers to walk away since we have been waiting since season one on this couple.

As for Shamy, it's time that Sheldon do some serious growing, the character is in his mid-thirty and the so-called clueless crap is old, imo.  It's time they do something with this characters be it good or bad.

On H/B I don't know what is left really for them. I don't see kids as Howard is a kid.  So I guess we will be more or the same as last season.

On Raj I see him dating and having fun which to be honest I don't really care all that much about.

I guess kissing and sleeping Raj wasn't enough for some.  So yea , let's having Penny going there with Sheldon too.  :icon_rolleyes:

Sheldon does get it when he wants too.  Now if you want to say he just doesn't care I can buy that.

correct prediction.. for season 8 ;)  ( highlighted part)

^^^^

My gut tells me they will do one episode with Professor Proton where Sheldon becomes Professor Proton Jr., and I think they will do the second episode where Proton dies.  As shown in the last season, his death would be very difficult for Sheldon to deal with.

yes, there were 2 proton episodes, the second one he dies. good predicting! :)

Edited by Kelli
  • Like 1