The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.01 "the Hofstadter Insufficiency" (September 26)

Your Episode Rating  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

"The Hofstadter Insufficiency" and "The Deception Verification" – Sheldon and Penny share intimate secrets while Leonard is away at sea, later, Sheldon’s feelings are crushed when Leonard returns. Meanwhile, Raj gets consoled about his ex-girlfriend and Wolowitz’s relationship with his mother causes an unusual threat to his masculinity, on a special one hour of the seventh season premiere of THE BIG BANG THEORY Thursday, Sept. 26 (8:00 – 9:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Regina King returns as Mrs. Davis, the University’s Director of Employee Relations, and Kevin Sussman returns as Stuart, the comic book store owner.

• Like 2

Thanks Tripper.

My first question what kind of homecoming will Leonard get?

I wonder why Sheldon's  feelings are crushed due to Leonard's return?

What is happening with Howard and his mother?

• Like 2

Thanks Tripper.

My first question what kind of homecoming will Leonard get?

I wonder why Sheldon's  feelings are crushed due to Leonard's return?

What is happening with Howard and his mother?

I am wondering about these as well.   I am guessing that Sheldon is crushed because Leonard chooses to spend time with Penny and not him (which is understandable).   Sheldon probably though Leonard would be thrilled to see him and spend time telling him all about the experiments, etc.   That is my guess as to why Sheldon is crushed (or at least I hope that is what they are implying because if it is because Penny is not paying attention to him that would be disturbing).  

I am guessing that Howard's mother's comment is what leads to a scene with Amy/Howard?  I know they have said there would be one with them, so perhaps that is what leads to Howard seeking Amy's advice or something?  It still seems a bit too forced of a story though if that is the case.  

To be honest, not much in the first two episodes sounds very organic to me.  A lot of it was conveniently to fit their desire to have Sheldon/Penny bond closer, which is a direction I had not expected. I had expected him to bond closer to Amy while Leonard was gone since she is his girlfriend and his Emergency Contact.   So they had to make up a reason for Amy to disappear.  Likewise the whole Raj running into Mrs. Davis was a bit forced because they now want to imply he could be a candidate for tenure?   I am struggling with the writing style this season thus far from what I am seeing.  It isn't nearly as well put together or thought out as in the past.

Edited by stardustmelody

A lot of it was conveniently to fit their desire to have Sheldon/Penny bond closer, which is a direction no one expected. 

I actually thought that Sheldon and Penny would bond closer when hiatus began, since Sheldon's buddy and Penny's boyfriend is away, they'll both spend a bit more time with each other - Leonard's gone but they still live across the hall from each other - so I'm quite looking forward to seeing that, as well as how that changes when Leonard actually returns :) 

• Like 3

I'm very eager to see what the writers have written for the rest of this show.

I hope they are not going to break the couple Leonard/Penny because I love them when they are together.

I'm waiting to see what it will give...

So very excited for Season 7.  I love that Penny & Sheldon will share some screen time together and bond - I love their chemistry as the season's go on.  It seems not only does Penny look after the guys, but Sheldon really looks after Penny & Leonard (in his own way).

On a side note - Season 6 Blu Ray is out in 2 weeks! 

To be honest, not much in the first two episodes sounds very organic to me.  A lot of it was conveniently to fit their desire to have Sheldon/Penny bond closer, which is a direction I had not expected. I had expected him to bond closer to Amy while Leonard was gone since she is his girlfriend and his Emergency Contact.   So they had to make up a reason for Amy to disappear.  Likewise the whole Raj running into Mrs. Davis was a bit forced because they now want to imply he could be a candidate for tenure?   I am struggling with the writing style this season thus far from what I am seeing.  It isn't nearly as well put together or thought out as in the past.

I think it's way, way too early to jump to that conclusion.  We haven't even seen a taping report for the second episode, and even when we do (those of us who are being spoiled) it's impossible to know until we see it aired. 

Why assume they were trying to make Amy disappear to get her away from Sheldon?  Maybe they just wanted to do another storyline with her.  (Avoiding talking about it in case it's a spoiler.)  There's no need to be so pessimistic.

I jumped on here for a quick second because this is the third time Regina King has been on lately, and I'm wondering if they're thinking of making her a semi-regular like Kevin Sussman.  Anybody know or have a theory?

• Like 2

I think it's way, way too early to jump to that conclusion.  We haven't even seen a taping report for the second episode, and even when we do (those of us who are being spoiled) it's impossible to know until we see it aired. 

Why assume they were trying to make Amy disappear to get her away from Sheldon?  Maybe they just wanted to do another storyline with her.  (Avoiding talking about it in case it's a spoiler.)  There's no need to be so pessimistic.

I agree. It's only two episodes. To me Leonard being gone and coming back doesn't really lend itself to a Shamy storyline. I think the writers main emphasis right now is Leonard. The two most important people to him is Penny and Sheldon. I'm sure there will be many Shamy storylines the rest of the season.

Ah, how the time flies by ... seems like I got back to the forums just in the right time. :) Only four more weeks, can't wait!

Wow this is sad not one picture of Leonard. hmmmmm

eta: I admit looking forward to 7.02 more than this one.

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 1

Where did you find these pictures?

That's right, that's too bad there is not pictures of Leonard.

I can't wait for the 7 season !

Edited by Orlane

I'm excited to see Amy/Bernadette hanging out together and becoming closer friends.  :) 

Haha aww.. Poor Sheldon looks so unhappy with Penny hugging him he probably wishes it were Amy instead.  Wonder what has him so upset when Leonard' returns??  Can't wait to find out.  Excited for new season.

• Like 1