Dialog-Scripts ?

fred

Hi, is there a possibility to obtain the original Dialog-Scripts? (English is not my first language) OR What said shelden in 'The Dead Hooker Juxtaposition (2x19)' before penny answer 'ok, now i see the giant squid head' ? thanks

What said shelden in 'The Dead pear Juxtaposition (2x19)' before penny answer 'ok, now i see the giant squid head' ?

thanks

Not sure if there are scripts available somewhere, but in any case it's a great show for learning English. I've learned so many cool words from Sheldon ;) !

As for the scene:

Penny says that Leonhard, Howard and Rash being upstairs in Alica's apartment would be typical, which makes Sheldon comment:

"It's axiomatically atypical. Up until recently they did not know Alica and had no encounters with her in her previous location. They never went upstairs to visit the former tenants. So your characterisation of their behaviour as typical is demonstrably fallacious."

See what I mean with learning cool words :icon_cheesygrin:

next Question:

what's the gist of '...now i have a better understanding of friends with benefits' (Sheldon in 'The Vegas Renormalization' E. 2x21 )

Well, Leonhard explained the concept of "friends with benefits" to Sheldon in the beginning of the episode and Sheldon said he couldn't imagine any of it. So his remarks at the end of the episode after saying he had "spent the night with Penny" must have let Leonhard completely confused. Poor guy... :icon_wink:

Yes, I've forgotten this explanation in the beginning (So my middlename is not sheldon :icon_wink: ... on the other side) - I don't get it too : said Leonhard '... imagine you maintain a friendship with someone who you had sex with.' (clear) 'But you afraid (?) a date who ever you want it' ? ... just pretend I'm Sheldon and take your time for your explanation :icon_cheesygrin:

Well, I don't think you're not getting it like Sheldon, you just misunderstood Leonhard :icon_wink: Leonhard says "imagine you maintained a friendship with someone you had sex with but were free to date whoever you wanted" Of course Sheldon can't imagine any of that ... Makes more sense now? Some scenes are hard to understand..."English-wise"... But I must say I found it a bit atypical for Sheldon to say at the end "we had dinner, we played some games and then I spent the night" leaving Leonhard to think there was "something going on" between Sheldon and Penny. I think it would have been more "typical" for Sheldon to say "well, I left the key in the apartment, Penny tried to call the building manager who didn't come, so I had to have dinner at her place, we played some games and then I had to spent the night"... But of course that wouldn't have been funny. I loved that episode :icon_lol:

didn't Leonhard said: ' ... sex with, but you're free to ...' ? this would also explain why i heard an 'a' / 'a-fraid'. buuut I still think i didn't get the right meaning of benefit in this context / the gist of the joke.

didn't Leonhard said: ' ... sex with, but you're free to ...' ?

this would also explain why i heard an 'a' / 'a-fraid'.

pretty sure he says "were", which is also grammatically correct

buuut I still think i didn't get the right meaning of benefit in this context / the gist of the joke.

Well, now I DO feel like Penny talking to Sheldon :(

Just don't try to translate the term literally. Just take "friends with benefits" as an (American?) English phrase for what Leonhard described.

The joke's just about Leonhard wondering what Sheldon meant when he said "I have a much better understanding of friends with benefits" AFTER "spending the night" with Penny...

You do feel like Penny talking to Sheldon? I'm confused. I can't remember that I cleaned up your room. :icon_cheesygrin: But if you want, you can drive me to the comic-book-store - I'll bring the alcohol :icon_biggrin:

A Question for the native english speakers:

2x22: Sheldon: "My career is not hanging in the balance".

A german translation for " the situation is hanging in the balance" could be "die Situation ist noch in der Schwebe" (schweben=levitate) , but this is a german figure of speech and i didn't find any direct translation with hanging/balance=levitate.

My question is: has 'hanging in the balance' the same double-meaning in english as it has in german:

1. uncertain

2. [indirectly] levitate

- which would be a perfect reference to the sh.. human waste flying throught the space station.

.... and would be an inindirect equation: Howard's career = sh..