The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tx-fictionqueen

Moving Pictures (Shamy Au Fan Fic)

I know AU's aren't too popular, but I'm very confident in my story line and I hope you Shamy fans will give it a chance. ;) 

Amy Fowler, a sullen woman with a dark past, moves to a small town to start fresh. After exploring the woods behind her new home, Amy stumbles upon a secluded world full of intrigue, creativity, and headed by a mysterious man named Sheldon. But she soon learns that escaping her painful reality to be part of Sheldon's could endanger her life. *Total AU, OOC Shamy & other TBBT cast*

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9597492/1/Moving-Pictures

• Like 5

WOW! Just Wow!

Your prose is almost poetic and trips along mellifluously, balancing romance with a sense of the sinister lurking in the shadows.

Your fan fiction is the antithesis of my own, i.e. totally OOC and so skillfully written that my advice to you has to be to rename your characters and send this to a publisher with a brief story synopsis tout suite!

The only comparison to Twilight I can see is that it would appeal to the same demographic. Ignore the haters, you have a rare talent.

I'm guessing you don't horse ride? Perhaps a rewrite of this bit, as a quick trot would unseat a new rider, but this is minor in the bigger picture.

Will definitely check out your other stories when the new school term starts and I have 5 mins that belong just to me ;)

Again, WOW!!!

Edited by AThingOfBeauty
  • Like 5

WOW! Just Wow!

Your prose is almost poetic and trips along mellifluously, balancing romance with a sense of the sinister lurking in the shadows.

Your fan fiction is the antithesis of my own, i.e. totally OOC and so skillfully written that my advice to you has to be to rename your characters and send this to a publisher with a brief story synopsis tout suite!

The only comparison to Twilight I can see is that it would appeal to the same demographic. Ignore the haters, you have a rare talent.

I'm guessing you don't horse ride? Perhaps a rewrite of this bit, as a quick trot would unseat a new rider, but this is minor in the bigger picture.

Will definitely check out your other stories when the new school term starts and I have 5 mins that belong just to me ;)

Again, WOW!!!

Oh my God. I don't care I'm going to admit that this literally made me tear up. Thank you so much! You have no idea how much this feedback means to me, and your amazing review on FF.net sent the tears over the edge lol. I'm a softy, I admit it! 

And you're right - I don't ride! Yeah, I'll definitely take responsibility for all mistakes on that part, I was totally making it up lol. I was sure true riders would see that but hopefully will be forgiven :-D 

I am updating another story at the moment but can't wait to get started on chapter 5 of Moving Pictures! Thanks again so much :) 

Probably my favorite Shamy fic thus far. 

Awwwwwww :') I'm tryin to get an update to you soon! 

Ok , I'm starting this.

:icon_redface:  i hope you like it!!! 

• Like 2

Oh my God. I don't care I'm going to admit that this literally made me tear up. Thank you so much! You have no idea how much this feedback means to me, and your amazing review on FF.net sent the tears over the edge lol. I'm a softy, I admit it! 

And you're right - I don't ride! Yeah, I'll definitely take responsibility for all mistakes on that part, I was totally making it up lol. I was sure true riders would see that but hopefully will be forgiven :-D 

I am updating another story at the moment but can't wait to get started on chapter 5 of Moving Pictures! Thanks again so much :)

Hey, credit when it's due TX. I can only sit impotently and glower, cursed with the ability to recognise talent but unable to replicate it; the Salieri to your Mozart! (Do you know that's my second 'Mozart' reference in as many days, clearly all the clever bods on this forum are having a positive affect on me. Outbreaks of culture in this house are normally dealt with fluconazole.) ;)

I do hope you are going to repackage this and send it some literary agents. Look at the success of 50 Shades, which started life as Twilight fan fiction (accept my apologies for mentioning the trite 50 Shades drivel herewith and please note that I used the verb 'mentioning', not 'comparing'!). Perhaps you might need to disguise Raj and Bernie better if you do though as they're the 2 most IC.

The horse riding thing is easily fixed. A skilled rider can take a horse straight from walk to a collected and controlled dressage canter, a gait distinguished by three distinct hoofbeats and a smooth rocking-horse action that can be slower and certainly less unsettling than a trot. Then from the counter canter to a walk, or stop, also without the bumping of a trot, see you tube link.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0J6HgKT-3YM&feature=youtube_gdata_player&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0J6HgKT-3YM%26feature%3Dyoutube_gdata_player

Needless to say, looking forward to your update.

• Like 1

OK, two chapters in. Loving it. Had to stop as I got an idea I needed to finish my next chapter, and will finally update my story later tonight. I will post individual chapter reviews later tonight, after I update.

@AtAThingofBeauty I agree with your second sentence wholeheartedly. Except I'm more of the guy that did chopsticks, not Salieri.

• Like 2

OK, two chapters in. Loving it. Had to stop as I got an idea I needed to finish my next chapter, and will finally update my story later tonight. I will post individual chapter reviews later tonight, after I update.

@AtAThingofBeauty I agree with your second sentence wholeheartedly. Except I'm more of the guy that did chopsticks, not Salieri.

Can you give me the link to your story?
 tx-fictionqueen, I'm loving "moving pictures" hope you update soon.
  • Like 1

Jenny look in the fan fiction forum, it under The chew toy revelations I'm on my phone easier to send you to the fan fiction section here

• Like 1

Hey, credit when it's due TX. I can only sit impotently and glower, cursed with the ability to recognise talent but unable to replicate it; the Salieri to your Mozart! (Do you know that's my second 'Mozart' reference in as many days, clearly all the clever bods on this forum are having a positive affect on me. Outbreaks of culture in this house are normally dealt with fluconazole.) ;)

I do hope you are going to repackage this and send it some literary agents. Look at the success of 50 Shades, which started life as Twilight fan fiction (accept my apologies for mentioning the trite 50 Shades drivel herewith and please note that I used the verb 'mentioning', not 'comparing'!). Perhaps you might need to disguise Raj and Bernie better if you do though as they're the 2 most IC.

The horse riding thing is easily fixed. A skilled rider can take a horse straight from walk to a collected and controlled dressage canter, a gait distinguished by three distinct hoofbeats and a smooth rocking-horse action that can be slower and certainly less unsettling than a trot. Then from the counter canter to a walk, or stop, also without the bumping of a trot, see you tube link.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0J6HgKT-3YM&feature=youtube_gdata_player&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0J6HgKT-3YM%26feature%3Dyoutube_gdata_player

Needless to say, looking forward to your update.

I'm not gonna lie, I thought about it (actually making this a story) because I do write stuff that isn't fan fiction. I'm feeling it out until I get the entire outline solidified before I make any plans, and I wasn't offended by the 50 Shades comparison LOL I know what you mean! Thanks for the pointers on the horse riding ( I'll def have to check that out) and thank you x infinity again for your compliments! It means a lot.  :icon_biggrin:

Edited by tx-fictionqueen
  • Like 1

This sounds very, very interesting.  I'm hoping to finish my fic within a couple of weeks, so this is definitely on my list to read once I'm finished.  Nice to meet you, tx-fictionqueen.

Edited by BazingaFan
  • Like 3

This sounds very, very interesting.  I'm hoping to finish my fic within a couple of weeks, so this is definitely on my list to read once I'm finished.  Nice to meet you, tx-fictionqueen.

Thanks Bazinga! It'd be my honor for you to read to my fic!  :icon_mrgreen:

tx-fictionqueen, you need to know that I found your fic by chance and have read and loved it . since then, I go there every day looking for your update that never comes. And now you just gave me a sad new. 

you write beautifully. Really. 

• Like 1

tx-fictionqueen, you need to know that I found your fic by chance and have read and loved it . since then, I go there every day looking for your update that never comes. And now you just gave me a sad new. 

you write beautifully. Really. 

Jenny! thank you so much! I am finishing a chapter to my other fic right now and promise I will update Moving Pictures in the next day or two. I just really need to finish my other fic so I can concentrate completely on this one :) You are amazing, thanks again! 

• Like 1

I'm just amazed how you can write fanfic about Shamy and Shenny at the same time. Can I ask which ship you like best?

Trust me, it is NOT easy! Lol, I was halfway through my Shenny story before starting my Shamy because I was way too excited to wait. I'll never do it again! And when it comes to the show I DEFINITELY ship Shamy. Watching Penny and Sheldon on screen just seems so wrong! But when it comes to fan fic I think the idea of Shenny can be fun! They're both so attractive and compliment each other well, just like Amy and Sheldon have their own qualities together; no two characters in history have ever been made for each other more than Sheldon and Amy :)

Plus, there are so many great authors from both ships on FF.net. I love reading and writing stories from both sides! :)

• Like 1

I know AU's aren't too popular, but I'm very confident in my story line and I hope you Shamy fans will give it a chance. ;)

Amy Fowler, a sullen woman with a dark past, moves to a small town to start fresh. After exploring the woods behind her new home, Amy stumbles upon a secluded world full of intrigue, creativity, and headed by a mysterious man named Sheldon. But she soon learns that escaping her painful reality to be part of Sheldon's could endanger her life. *Total AU, OOC Shamy & other TBBT cast*

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9597492/1/Moving-Pictures

wow you really have talent. So amazing and like if you were painted a picture of her feelings, emotions, whole life, with words full of colors and shades of gray, because between black and white is a whole range of intriguing grays, and poetical coloring is like a glaze on the image of your story, completes and adds depth.

You do it in such an interesting and amazing way that does not want to stop reading. Thanks for that, I left reviews.

Edited by silverangel
  • Like 3

More than halfway done with the next update! I promise I haven't abandoned the Shamy :)

So, I vote that you quit school and your day job to write fanfiction full time. Is that too much to ask?

• Like 3

wow you really have talent. So amazing and like if you were painted a picture of her feelings, emotions, whole life, with words full of colors and shades of gray, because between black and white is a whole range of intriguing grays, and poetical coloring is like a glaze on the image of your story, completes and adds depth.

You do it in such an interesting and amazing way that does not want to stop reading. Thanks for that, I left reviews.

Thank you so much for all of your reviews! I am sooo glad you liked it. Your insight into the story made me jump on my laptop and keep writing. An update will be here soon! :-D 

So, I vote that you quit school and your day job to write fanfiction full time. Is that too much to ask?

I shall hand in my resignation tomorrow! Ohhh, if only!  :icon_lol:

• Like 1

words full of colors and shades of gray, because between black and white is a whole range of intriguing grays,

I read somewhere that there's about 50 SilverAngel ;)

I just wanted to say how absolutely lovely your posts are SilverAngel. You have a lilting lyricism that's almost ethereal. I can almost feel my blood-pressure dropping reading them! Your moniker's a perfect match to your writing style; I'm guessing that's not accidental? :)

@TX, didn't realise you wrote Shenny too! I've yet to read any Shenny, but I'm guessing yours would be a good place to start. I'll go have a looksee.....

• Like 2

I read somewhere that there's about 50 SilverAngel ;)

I just wanted to say how absolutely lovely your posts are SilverAngel. You have a lilting lyricism that's almost ethereal. I can almost feel my blood-pressure dropping reading them! Your moniker's a perfect match to your writing style; I'm guessing that's not accidental? :)

@TX, didn't realise you wrote Shenny too! I've yet to read any Shenny, but I'm guessing yours would be a good place to start. I'll go have a looksee.....

Thank you so much. I'm so pleased that you love it. Thank you it means so much... yes I love poetry, and I write poems. I love to write that kind of reviews, because I want to give little more from myself when I write review, to reward writer just a little, and about posts I just love Jim and he is pure poetry for me the same with Shamy, but not everybody likes it, so the more I'm nicely suprised and thank you again. :shy:

And my nickname is related with music band I love and whose music was with me in the hardest times in my life and had set me free (in a certain sense) and with amazing lyrics of song...and line from that song..." Angels with silver wings shouldn't suffering..."  :)

Sorry for little privacy fictionqueen... and thank you for your amazing story.

Edited by silverangel
  • Like 1

Thank you so much. I'm so pleased that you love it. Thank you it means so much... yes I love poetry, and I write poems. I love to write that kind of reviews, because I want to give little more from myself when I write review, to reward writer just a little, and about posts I just love Jim and he is pure poetry for me the same with Shamy, but not everybody likes it, so the more I'm nicely suprised and thank you again. :shy:

And my nickname is related with music band I love and whose music was with me in the hardest times in my life and had set me free (in a certain sense) and with amazing lyrics of song...and line from that song..." Angels with silver wings shouldn't suffering..."  :)

Sorry for little privacy fictionqueen... and thank you for your amazing story.

I totally have to agree with AThingOfBeauty - your reviews were very lyrical! That's why they inspired me to get on my laptop and keep writing. You have a way with words that makes me want to be a better writer for you. Thank you so much again. I love it! 

Yes, my Shenny fic is the first TBBT I ever started! I've finally finished it. Ahhh, I hope you like it! 

Like I've posted before, when it comes to the show and canon, I am very pro-Shamy. I could never take the show seriously if I saw Sheldon and Penny actually hook up. Amy and Sheldon were simply made for each other. But when it comes to fan fiction, I'm enamored with the Shenny concept as well as Shamy. You should see my favorites list on fanfiction.net, it's filled with both sides! I blame my love for both ships on the wonderful writers I've had the pleasure of reading. :)

• Like 1