The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FemaleNerd

You know you're addicted to TBBT when ...

This is a game that seems to be missing here. I'll start: 1.) you order your breakfast cereals according to fiber content 2.) you knock on the door three times 3.) you put your keys in a bowl ...

Everytime your girlfriend rubs sunscreen/vapo rub/etc on your chest, you ask her (in a child-like voice) to sing "soft kitty, warm kitty". You have a beaker in you kitchen cupboard labeled "urine". When you leave your mother's home and yell "Ma I'm going out with friends!" -you detect a slight Jewish accent and more hostility than usual.

You stay up until God knows how long even after you've been away from home 13 hours straigh studing and have school next day just to wait for the season 3 premiere episode to be posted u.u

... when you tell people off for sitting in your spot. ... you get a board for complicated equations in your flat. (I did, though there's nothing mathematical on it. :D) ... you get a glow in the dark fish as a bedside lamp.

... you go to Science Magazine to read the article about TBBT (check!)

... you bought a pair of spectacles which looked like Leonard (check! they look like safety-glasses, to me)

... you re-look back at the Drake Equation, and wondered in amazement that someone can make a joke from this cosmological calculation, and shudder when someone else can tamper it with the "Wolowitz coefficient: :)

... your quotes are constantly related to Sheldon, Leonard, Howard, Penny or Raj.

... you google the cast once a day.

... you join a board to talk to other people just how much you love this show :icon_cool:

you stay up untill 4am (british time) to watch a live stream online when you have a 9am class the next day

you constantly repeat the quotes throughout the day.

you tell your friends every week what the episode you watched was about

you go around asking people at your school/work if they watch the big bang theory

ask your maths teacher to explain what physics is and see if he tells the story that sheldon told on The Gorilla Experiment episode.

you buy big bang theory T shirts

you google stuff to do with the big bang theory every day

you make an email address thats called 'thebigbangtheory@_____.com'.

when someones hurt the best thing you can say is 'there there'.

you play 'rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock.'

if something happens in life that resembles an episode you say to someone 'did you see the episode where _______'

you sing the themesong everyday

you bother to learn the whole theme

you have the theme on your ipod

you try to blow people up using your mind

You...

1) ... fall for any dude who says you must be from another planet, 'cause your ass is out of this world.

2) ... do your physics homework thinking about how Sheldon would do it.

3) ... start to feel like you can't talk around beautiful men/women anymore.

4) ... you argue with your boyfriend because he couldn't recognize Sheldon's costume. It was the Doppler-Effect, darn it!

5) ... you learn all about Star Trek and comic book just to understand their inside jokes.

You know you're addicted to BBT when you go throughout your day, trying to establish the TV drama contexts to real life situations.

For instance, trying to act like you know physics to your girlfriend, and reccomending she starts working at the Cheesecake Factory.

Or is this just creepy lol?

When you eagerly expect the full DVD collection with creator and cast commentary? Does that count?

When at the workplace you start knocking on your co-workers doors three times (repeating their name also, of course) and constantly telling them jokes from the show, even though they are not amused at all and look at you like you just said you teached your dog to say "Bazinga!"

When you eagerly expect the full DVD collection with creator and cast commentary? Does that count?

Of course it counts! Any respectable fan should have the full collection with all the possible commentaries from the whole crew - maybe even the catering team ;)

When you've watched THIS twice because the first time you watched it you found it fascinating? Now, I know this counts!

(w.n.: When Lawrence Krauss talks about "not liking the Big Bang Theory" during the Q&A everybody laughs. That's because he says "Yeah, the Big Bang [Theory writers] got the science right, but, you know, those guys are geeks and they're supposed to be geeks and we're supposed to be geeks because we're scientists and... We're really... Not!". Then the audience laughs their @ss off because he's just spent an hour talking about the Physics of Star Trek and there is a slide of Kirk and Spok behing him on the screen!)

Sorry for the double post... but.

You know you're addicted to The Big Bang Theory when you only suddenly realize you're starting to dress like Sheldon, double shirts, messenger bag and all.

I did suddenly realize this while walking on the beach. I tried not to burst out laughing at the thought.

you say 'sorry i'm being a bit sheldon'

you start making physics jokes that your friends don't get

you need a flowchart to make friends

you start loving comic books and not knowing why

you start slagging off the other sciences

you, on your birthday, write 'hello shoroddy' on your hand and ask people if they get the joke

you have conversations about a photon is directed through a plane with two slits in it and either slit is observed it will not go through both slits. If it's unobserved, it will with your physics teacher without him bringing it up first.

...You watch all the seasons of TBBT, then you watch them again with commentary.

...You laugh at people if they only have a masters degree in engineering.

...You comment on meat to bun ratios while having a ham burger.

You go out to purchase a tea infuser and ask the saleslady "Do you have a tea infuser like the one Sheldon uses?"

I also purchased a bowl to put my keys in >< sad