The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FemaleNerd

You know you're addicted to TBBT when ...

- You respond to your mom by shouting "YES MA!"

- Moving to a new place requires a map, a laptop and a black marker pen.

- You jump into a ball pool, dive under the balls, randomply pop out and say in a monotone "Bazinga."

- When visiting someone, you knock three times, shout their name, knock three times, shout their name, knock three times, shout their name. You carry on even when the other person opens the door on the first or second set of knocks.

- You invest in a pair of thick-rimmed glasses like the ones Leonard wears.

Well, I already wear glasses but I just ordered a Flip-Fold for my mother's day present. And the other day, when I received a new tshirt, I wore it over a long sleeved tshirt (It's getting cold here, it's nearly winter, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). :D

I have Batman quilt+pillowcase covers. My GF refuses to be in the room with it lol.

She keeps muttering.. "blah blah, you're 38 years old, blah blah blah"

I'm not sure if having video game posters counts, but yeah. Those are up in my room.

Oh, and when you propose to someone and it goes wrong, you go to their workplace and jam on the keyboard for them.

When you start hiding money stashes in a certain figurine's buttocks. (Not telling whose!)

When you lie awake in bed because you can't sleep until you can finally understand Penny's physicist joke.

When every time you play Mario, you shout, "Hop you little plumber! Hop! Hop!"

When you suddenly develop a sixth sense for knowing when someone has been in your spot.

When you suddenly develop a sixth (or, in the case that you've already developed the above, seventh) sense for knowing when someone has touched your food.

When you become immune to sarcasm.

When you refer to your grandmother as "Meemaw."

My dad and I discuss the show a lot when we catch up. I got him addicted to the show once he saw the episode when the boys take the train to San Francisco. My dad loves trains.

He plays Microsoft Train Sim on his pc. He recently installed a mod that lets you play as Thomas The Tank Engine and his friends on Sodor. Troublesome trucks !! lol

You want to see addiction to a medium, google Microsoft Train Sim and have a look at the extent some of the modding community go to... it is truly amazing !! Just like trains :)

You spend your Saturday Night watching re-runs of the seasons in a marathon starting from the beginning ALONE...like I am doing tonight....born a Lonley Loser...(and Gleek)..Ha ha.

Aloha

@Karma: sometimes we are our own best company :)

Ok, I did this one last night... I was on the phone to my GF and I could tell that she was watching BBT purely based on the pitch of the audience laughter that I could hear in the background.

I also know the re-run schedule for BBT across two separate tv stations.

@Karma: sometimes we are our own best company :)

Ok, I did this one last night... I was on the phone to my GF and I could tell that she was watching BBT purely based on the pitch of the audience laughter that I could hear in the background.

I also know the re-run schedule for BBT across two separate tv stations.

Mahalo for the supportive comments netmouse. I do enjoy being with me as do others (I have references). LOL. Now I am dreaming TBBT episodes where I am in them...Geez...the show has twisted its way into my subconcious now. But fun dreams....not complaining. Kudos on the re-run knowledge. GO NETMOUSE GO!

Aloha

After I split with my ex, I joined the wonderful world of Oasis dating online >< blush. I went for a coffee with a girl (who I must say, in hindsight, was the spitting image of Dr Stephanie)

The one thing she told me that stuck in my mind was that as individuals we must be comfortable, first and foremost, with our own company.

Don't know why this stuck, but it did.

Here endeth the lesson, my young padowans.

Watching re-runs it's nothing unusual, what else can you do when there's nothing new to watch? ;)

We could all go outside to play?

BAZINGA!!!

It's too cold and wet here, with winter on top of us, so let's stay in and watch more BBT on DVD!:icon_cheesygrin:

Yeah... outside is like, you know, sooooo overrated. As Sheldon says, man has spent many years perfecting the inside world so as we don't HAVE to go outside.

LOL!!!

Well, I'm happy because my flip-folds arrived yesterday and I have just refolded all my tshirts (both short and long sleeved), jeans, sweaters and hoodies. :D:D:D

LOL!!!

Well, I'm happy because my flip-folds arrived yesterday and I have just refolded all my tshirts (both short and long sleeved), jeans, sweaters and hoodies. :D:D:D

Is that the device Sheldon used to fold his tshirts? If so, I almost bought one of those off amazon :icon_biggrin: