If Tbbt Had An Episode Where They "merged" With Another Sitcom

mobildj

I saw an old tv show that had actually had one episode where they "merged" with another popular sitcom from that same time.  In other words, the episode had a story line that merged the characters from the two shows.  This one was the very old "Adam 12"  ( a police show)  and the other was "Emergency" a show about a firehouse and them go out on the emergency calls.  The sitcoms merged in one episode where they showed the police show characters follow up at the hospital where the other show brings the victims from their emergency calls.  You the got to see the characters from both shows interact with each other.  I thought it would be great, in some cases to do that (just one episode) with TBBT.  I still want to think about a good show to merge it with, and would love to see posts with suggestions.

A great idea but I cannot think of a sitcom as specific and as unique as TBBT, the combination of Science and Romance. Taahm in some ways is the only similar sitcom, but obviousley don't want that happening, used to be a fan of Taahm up to Charlie being killed off. Cannot see TBBT merging with another sitcom, Chuck Lorre was asked about this at comic con, about TBBT and Taahm cross over ep, he was pretty sarcastic in his response haha so not likely.

One of the problems with that idea is that the shows would, for legal reasons, have to be produced by the same companies and have to be on the same channel. In the case of TBBT, that would be Chuck Lorre Productions, Warner Brothers, and CBS. Which limits the possibilities to Two and a Half Men, Mom, or Mike and Molly. Mike and Molly would be out, because it's setting is in Chicago. Mom is difficult for two reasons. One, it's new and doesn't have a base yet and two, it's set in the Napa Valley, which is North of San Francisco. That leaves Two and a Half Men, which Lorre didn't look too thrilled about as far as a crossover. Adam-12 and Emergency (Dragnet too, for that matter) were all produced by the same production company (Mark VII Productions, owned by Jack Webb) and were also on the same channel (NBC). So it was quite easy to do the crossover.

There was, in a small minor way, a crossover. In "The Gothowitz Deviation" Leonard tells Penny that the anime they are watching is called "Oshikuru: Demon Samurai". In season 2 of Two and a Half Men, the character Charlie Harper (played by Charlie Sheen) writes the theme song for: "Oshikuru: Demon Samurai". While there is a real comic series titled Oshikuru: Demon Samurai, there is no real anime series with that name.

Thanks for the comments!  Yeah, I figured it would have complications but it is fun to think about lol  :icon_razz:

I have found you a SPECIES of crossover. You've probably seen it. I find it mildly unsettling how easily he fits in....In my private TBBT alterniverse, he's there all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imtPfC9cFEU

I have found you a SPECIES of crossover. You've probably seen it. I find it mildly unsettling how easily he fits in....In my private TBBT alterniverse, he's there all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imtPfC9cFEU

I have not seen that!!  I watch so much of it, even the reruns in the off season!  Don't know how I managed that but that was brilliant lol

I remember one episode when Leonard howard and Raj were talking about a dream new friend someone wealthly, good with women and a genius and I thought wow Walden from Two and a half men( but this was years before that so Leonard said that would be Ironman.