The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wammyguide

Sheverly

I'm dead serious about this ship. For anyone you doesn't know who it is, it's Sheldon and Beverly. So, what does everyone else think about this ship? I ship them just because I want to see Leonard call Sheldon dad. xD

Edited by wammyguide
  • Like 4

This thread is as pointless as the Penny and Sheldon Shippers Thread and thats not saying much lol.

This thread is as pointless as the Penny and Sheldon Shippers Thread and thats not saying much lol.

The correct phrasing of your insult should be "This thread is as pointless as the Penny and Sheldon Shippers thread, and that's saying a lot!" Or "that's saying something!" Ie, that the Penny and Sheldon Shippers thread is INCREDIBLY pointless. The way you have written it implies that the P/S shipping thread is not particularly pointless, which I'm sure was not your aim.

Alternatively, of course, you could just have written; "This thread is as pointless as a broken pencil", without bringing anyone's romantic preferences into it at all.

Edited by Count Wally de Honk

^Not sure why it matters how I phrased it, it doesent invalidate my point. By saying "that's not saying much" I meant theirs no point of difference between this thread and the P/S shippers thread they are both irrelevant. Tbh ppl who ship Sheverly or Shenny *shivers* lol IMO their perception is distorted, almost through the vantage point of Fish Bowls. Not that i'm lecturing or telling ppl who to ship everyone is entitled to envision an AU relationship, it's that from my POV I have seen the preferance of Sheldon and Penny, watched since the pilot up to S3 theirs hardly a relationship their beyond their brother-sister maternal relationship, I mean they're hardly compatible lol, but whatever rocks your boat lol, but personally never understood where the idea comes from. I kinda have a soft spot for Shamy haha even tho kinda sick of this idea ppl well stop watching if they don't progress their relationship, far as im concerned its The Big Bang Theory not the Shamy Show or even The Lenny Show, I watch the show because of its main function to make me laugh and invest in the characters life and the premise.

Edited by 3ku11

I'm dead serious about this ship. For anyone you doesn't know who it is, it's Sheldon and Beverly. So, what does everyone else think about this ship? I ship them just because I want to see Leonard call Sheldon dad. xD

LOL! I'm sure there are quite a few Sheverly's hiding their light under a bushel. They did have something so I could almost be one myself but I'm still a shenny. 

Edited by Spaced_up

^Not sure why it matters how I phrased it, it doesent invalidate my point. By saying "that's not saying much" I meant theirs no point of difference between this thread and the P/S shippers thread they are both irrelevant. Tbh ppl who ship Sheverly or Shenny *shivers* lol IMO their perception is distorted, almost through the vantage point of Fish Bowls. Not that i'm lecturing or telling ppl who to ship everyone is entitled to envision an AU relationship, it's that from my POV I have seen the preferance of Sheldon and Penny, watched since the pilot up to S3 theirs hardly a relationship their beyond their brother-sister maternal relationship, I mean they're hardly compatible lol, but whatever rocks your boat lol, but personally never understood where the idea comes from. I kinda have a soft spot for Shamy haha even tho kinda sick of this idea ppl well stop watching if they don't progress their relationship, far as im concerned its The Big Bang Theory not the Shamy Show or even The Lenny Show, I watch the show because of its main function to make me laugh and invest in the characters life and the premise.

I “ship” the concept of Shenny (and a number of others) because I find it fascinating, but in no manner think it will occur. Would you care to point out which posts of mine demonstrate this “distorted perception” you speak of? If anything, having no emotional ties to any of the current relationships means that my perception of the show is more likely to be unbiased.

I “ship” the concept of Shenny (and a number of others) because I find it fascinating, but in no manner think it will occur. Would you care to point out which posts of mine demonstrate this “distorted perception” you speak of? If anything, having no emotional ties to any of the current relationships means that my perception of the show is more likely to be unbiased.

Haha your perception is not distorted never meant that, I can see your shipping of relationships Cannon or AU, is unbiased. But just their is ome who grasp at straws, like their is a picture of a bird in Penny apartment, so "Romantic" Shenny shippers think oh subconciousley she is in love with Sheldon lol. So sorry wasen't directed at you specifically, but some Shenny shippers do not live on planet earth, so their perception of the show can be skwered some what, hence distorted. Even Kaley and Jim said it is a sibling relationship, Kaley is pro Lenny though, from my point of view I don't even get the concept, it has always been a maternal relationship, and Penny has showed no desire intrinsically or extrinsically, their chemistry is no more then one of a brother and sister, but I get the appeal of two opposing worlds and forces colliding ;) But seeing this is a Sheverly thread I ship platonic Sheverley 

Haha your perception is not distorted never meant that, I can see your shipping of relationships Cannon or AU, is unbiased. But just their is ome who grasp at straws, like their is a picture of a bird in Penny apartment, so "Romantic" Shenny shippers think oh subconciousley she is in love with Sheldon lol. So sorry wasen't directed at you specifically, but some Shenny shippers do not live on planet earth, so their perception of the show can be skwered some what, hence distorted. Even Kaley and Jim said it is a sibling relationship, Kaley is pro Lenny though, from my point of view I don't even get the concept, it has always been a maternal relationship, and Penny has showed no desire intrinsically or extrinsically, their chemistry is no more then one of a brother and sister, but I get the appeal of two opposing worlds and forces colliding ;) But seeing this is a Sheverly thread I ship platonic Sheverley 

Grand, grand. Just remember that those bird-metaphor-fanciers are few and far between. I’ve been lurking on the Shenny forum for over a year, and have seen plenty of splenitive, cranky, rebarbative and frequently amusing comments, but no bat-crap crazy ones. They may be embittered, but they’re generally sane. Also, of the three odd S/P enthusiasts currently contributing to this forum, none of us are bird-fanciers. So if you state “delusional Shennies” of course we’re going to take umbrage. If we can be arsed…

I might add, that a level of imaginative interpretation exists in canon ships as well. I’ve frequently stumbled upon some mind-boggling interpretations on that benighted pink forum (and occasionally on this one too), that most certainly embroider upon the writers’ intention. I won’t go into details. Point is, some Lenny and Shamy shippers “don’t live on planet earth” either, but I’m not going to tar you all with the same brush.

What Kaley and Jim think is a little irrelevant in my opinion. They certainly don’t interpret the hell out of their characters endlessly like we do here. I would suspect you and I know more about Sheldon and Penny than Jim and Kaley do. Jim’s frequently said he has no idea how a person like Sheldon would act, so he just goes with the script.

As for your being baffled by where Shenny originated from, frankly, I’m baffled at your bafflement. They’re two attractive people who frequently spar, have similar temperaments, and share a plenitude of peculiar or intimate scenes. Fairly basic set-up. Additionally, they’re the classic Emotion Vs Reason pairing we’ve seen in literature and films for years.  It’s not like shipping Dr Gablehauser and Howard. This sibling business, moreover, is entirely subjective. I see Sheldon and Amy as being relatives before I see Sheldon and Penny. “Vibes” are a wholly personal matter. If you “get the appeal of two opposing worlds and forces colliding”, then in my view, you’ve essentially got the appeal of S/P. Try not to fret unduly about it. If canon supporters didn’t keep bringing up the Bogeyman of Shenny, it wouldn’t exist on the main threads at all. It’s AU and personally I’m delighted for it to stay that way. The writers will only feck it up anyroad…

And yes, this is the Sheverly thread. But this topic bores the pants off anyone not directly involved, so better here than on a thread of high traffic.

GO SHEVERLY!

• Like 1

Grand, grand. Just remember that those bird-metaphor-fanciers are few and far between. I’ve been lurking on the Shenny forum for over a year, and have seen plenty of splenitive, cranky, rebarbative and frequently amusing comments, but no bat-crap crazy ones. They may be embittered, but they’re generally sane. Also, of the three odd S/P enthusiasts currently contributing to this forum, none of us are bird-fanciers. So if you state “delusional Shennies” of course we’re going to take umbrage. If we can be arsed…

I might add, that a level of imaginative interpretation exists in canon ships as well. I’ve frequently stumbled upon some mind-boggling interpretations on that benighted pink forum (and occasionally on this one too), that most certainly embroider upon the writers’ intention. I won’t go into details. Point is, some Lenny and Shamy shippers “don’t live on planet earth” either, but I’m not going to tar you all with the same brush.

What Kaley and Jim think is a little irrelevant in my opinion. They certainly don’t interpret the hell out of their characters endlessly like we do here. I would suspect you and I know more about Sheldon and Penny than Jim and Kaley do. Jim’s frequently said he has no idea how a person like Sheldon would act, so he just goes with the script.

As for your being baffled by where Shenny originated from, frankly, I’m baffled at your bafflement. They’re two attractive people who frequently spar, have similar temperaments, and share a plenitude of peculiar or intimate scenes. Fairly basic set-up. Additionally, they’re the classic Emotion Vs Reason pairing we’ve seen in literature and films for years.  It’s not like shipping Dr Gablehauser and Howard. This sibling business, moreover, is entirely subjective. I see Sheldon and Amy as being relatives before I see Sheldon and Penny. “Vibes” are a wholly personal matter. If you “get the appeal of two opposing worlds and forces colliding”, then in my view, you’ve essentially got the appeal of S/P. Try not to fret unduly about it. If canon supporters didn’t keep bringing up the Bogeyman of Shenny, it wouldn’t exist on the main threads at all. It’s AU and personally I’m delighted for it to stay that way. The writers will only feck it up anyroad…

And yes, this is the Sheverly thread. But this topic bores the pants off anyone not directly involved, so better here than on a thread of high traffic.

GO SHEVERLY!

I agree with everything you said but Shenny not sibling based, yes they spar have similar temperaments although that could be argued, they are very different people. I see Amy as the only compatible one for Sheldon but that's my opinion, and I agree with 99.99 % of your views, I think Sheldon and Penny have always had a maternal relationship, but thats the whole point of this site having a healthy debate, it would be boring if everyone agreed on everything.

• Like 1