List Your Favourite Stories

rachelshamyfan

I think the only way I would like a Shenny fan fic, is if was set in Season 1 or 2.  After that, it's just mean.  or it is totally AU. No Amy, Leonard is  with Leslie something.  Now, since they seem like friends, even siblings, it just gross to me.  But hey, Fan fic is to explore your wants and desire for show, so how am I to judge!  

Still, Love live Shamy... Now, back to writing...

I am SOOOOOO excited!! I cant believe it!! Maybe she heard her name being called out like a beacon!  Maybe she heard about being nominated for Fan Fic.  Maybe she just answered our prayers.  God I love this story!

Ok...so my boys are in Boston with my husband and my Mother-in-Law...so I had a total Friday Night alone....and what did I do.....read the entire start to most updated chapter of Montserrat Resurgence.....OMG....I forgot how much I was hooked on this....and it wasn't updated in like FOREVER........

I hope they continue to keep updating now.....I cannot wait too long and then spend an evening re-reading something LOL (although did enjoy it just as much as I remembered!!)

• Like 1

So I didn't even get to the bottom ... that sounds awful. This disrespect for any character in any fanfiction can piss me off the most. 

You and me both.  Plot driven stories are the worst.  They rank right up there with shitty Mary Sue stories.

My opinion of Shenny stories can be best described in Chapter 6 of my Shamy fanfic The Paradigm Realization, opening paragraph.  However, everyone is entitled to have their own opinion, even the wrong one......(as I channel my inner Sheldon!)

Edited by mphs95
  • Like 1

My opinion of Shenny stories can be best described in Chapter 6 of my Shamy fanfic The Paradigm Realization, opening paragraph.  However, everyone is entitled to have their own opinion, even the wrong one......(as I channel my inner Sheldon!)

Yeah, I pretty much agree with what you said in Chapter 6.  The three characters are written in episodes as being like brothers and sisters or sometimes Lenny gives Sheldon advice and acts like parents.  Also, I don't know how many times Penny has to say 'You are so not the one' before people get it.  Amy however is wriiten perfect for Sheldon because she has the one big trait that Penny lacks, patience.  Leonard is the one in the Lenny relationship that has patience, not Penny, and with Sheldon you need tons of it.  Amy can also relate to Sheldon in many ways that no other girl can, espeically Penny, like was said in the show she is a unique blend of saint and squirrel. 

• Like 2

Me too... that's main reason why I find this idea disgusting. They are like brother and sister to me. And other than that, I don't think Sheldon would have relationship with someone he didn't consider as equal intellectually, and Penny cant stand someone who demeans her either. Plus I think that main reason, why Sheldon start this relationship was, that he found  person, who didn't laugh at him, but with him, who really enjoying spending time with him and kind of worship him. Penny is exact opposite, and just doesn't see things that are important to him, important for her, except for Leonard, they really don't have anything in common. And even though I consider all actors as excellent, I think that if it happened now they wouldn't really know how to play that and we could see it's not working. I even think, that they would stand up against it, cause sometime it looks they are even bigger shippers than us :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

Gonna be away for a couple of weeks from next week, and Planck is one of the many (including some of the authors you have mentioned and some that were on Rachelshamyfan's list) I have downloaded on my trusty kindle to keep me going. 

I too avoided fan fic till I read one and like you have become hooked. 

I am at the moment purely ShAmy.  I like the spark that the writers of TBBT have created with Lenny and ShAmy, and though I do like the banter between Sheldon and Penny I personally am not attracted to a Shenny pairing.

I think the Lenny and ShAmy pairings are so much more natural probably because that is how the characters have been created.

I have several downloaded onto my Kindle, including the Chaos Theory Substitution and stories from BONES.  They are nice to have when your wireless is down at work and need something to do.

• Like 2

There's a shamy story that isn't tagged with shamy called

The infinite roommate recombination

Its a bit ooc but what isn't, its also very funny

I just discovered this board! It is neat my story was on here before I joined the message boards. Thank you everyone for reading it I just updated it.

• Like 2

I just found this thread topic and I was looking through all the Lenny fics listed, has anybody come upon any new ones? I've loved the ones mentioned and read most of them but I'm now looking for new ones

Help?

Note: It is not that I do not appreciate Shamy, I love them as a couple, but it's hard for me to read Amy and Sheldon in a fic. I know there are wonderful stories out there, but tried a few but couldn't get into it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HEY...I READ A FANFIC ONCE..WHERE Sheldon and Amy were about to finally have their moment,but at this timme ,Amy(bcause of insecurites,fear) realize she is not ready as she thoutht ..,and SHeldon is the on who is ready 100 %.....

SOMEONE KNOW where and what fanfic is this??

OR someone know any fanfic similar to that?

• Like 1

HEY...I READ A FANFIC ONCE..WHERE Sheldon and Amy were about to finally have their moment,but at this timme ,Amy(bcause of insecurites,fear) realize she is not ready as she thoutht ..,and SHeldon is the on who is ready 100 %.....

My fan fic the Intimacy Collaboration for Systematic desensitization is like that, But it is like chapter 35 of a 60 chapter Epic.  Sheldon has to wait for Amy because she is nervous about her first time.  He waits for like at least 5 chapters .  (Sorry I got a little wordy with that one...) Here it is https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10503204/1/Intimacy-Collaboration-for-Systematic-Desensitization

But besides mine,  I know i've read a one shot or two, but Amy always get there.  I wish I could help you out.. Hmmm.  *Thinking Cap On*

I just found this thread topic and I was looking through all the Lenny fics listed, has anybody come upon any new ones? I've loved the ones mentioned and read most of them but I'm now looking for new ones

Help?

Note: It is not that I do not appreciate Shamy, I love them as a couple, but it's hard for me to read Amy and Sheldon in a fic. I know there are wonderful stories out there, but tried a few but couldn't get into it. 

Batman, have you read this one?

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9327819/1/The-Chew-Toy-Revelations

Edited by hazelra7

I think this may be what you were looking for.

The Arousal Apology by pixelnerd.

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10449130/1/The-Arousal-Apology

• Like 2

any other sugestions about fanfics that have this storyline ???

There isn't a lot. Looked around this afternoon and couldn't find much. The one below is an interesting story. Sheldon leaves at the end of season 7 and to cope Amy regresses back to Amy from season 4.

The Robot Restoration by Miss Carmeli

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10339613/1/The-Robot-Restoration

But for the most part when Sheldon's ready Amy is raring to go.

Edited by madamocho
  • Like 1

I hate to be a stick in the mud here, but just because someone views your story doesn't mean that they liked it.  I once checked out a book that sounded interesting on the inside flap, but once I started reading it, I was only five pages in and decided it wasn't for me.  Sometimes you know early, sometimes you read a little ways and decide you don't like it.

Sorry my brain is just very logical sometimes.  I do agree about the reviews, though.  What bothers me more than the "views" is when someone adds you to their favorite list without one review.  I don't understand it, because if I like something enough to say it's one of my favorites, I make sure to let the author know what I think,  They deserve it, after I enjoyed their story so much.

And I'm still confused as to why people follow a story after a story is complete. 

Yeah I wrote a story for Bones and I still get followers asking me to finish the story when on FF it clearly states COMPLETE.  I agree about the reviews.  I try to review as much as I can because for me and my stories, it's my brain candy.  If I suck, I don't know if no one tells me.

Yes, a constructive review from someone that really is enjoying it and reading is much different.  Sometimes a story is great, but it just isn't right for every person, and that's okay.  In that case, I think it's better to not leave a review, because just because I don't like it, who am I to judge if others are enjoying it?  I've read best selling books that I really dislike.  And then, sometimes I'll read something that I usually wouldn't read, and love it (like the book series you told me about... I'm on book four, by the way!)

I agree.  I got a couple of really nasty reviews for Paradigm Realization and for another couple of my stories.  I do enjoy constructive criticism, but cruelty is uncalled for.  When I catch a fanfic that is really bad, I just stop reading.  It's hard enough putting yourself out there, but meanies only make it worse.

• Like 1

One of my favorite I came across last night is The Next Genreation's crisis by nerdyninjaunicorn: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9595597/1/The-Next-Generation-s-Crisis

It about The Children's of Sheldon & Amy, Leonard & Penny, Howard & Bernadette and Raj (who is a Widow) as Teenagers. It is a Great Story and I highly recommend. One of the interesting thing is that in the early Chapters you are wondering who Raj deceased wife was and hints are dropped by the Author as to who is until it revealed later on. I will not tell you who it is but I will say I was kind of surprise. 

• Like 3

Try this one - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9879531/1/The-Coffee-Shop-Alternative

It's a little AU but very good.  Another good AU is this one - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9557433/1/The-Attraction-Fluctuationand this one https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9512614/1/The-Gravitation-Animation

I'm trying to find a ff where Sheldon performs oral sex on Amy while reciting Pi.  I distinctly remember something about her enjoying how he does the number 6.  Does anyone remember the name and/or have the link?

Edited by Anita Rez
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...