116 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I don't think we have seen Amy smile so much for so long as she did singing with Howard. It was nice to see.

I know, that was great.  I hope the writers don't let this common interest between Howard and Amy go.  It would be fun the see both couples in a car, going some where, and Bernadette getting upset, "Enough of this Neil Diamond crap!".

• Like 1

I really liked this episode.  It was definitely one of the funniest that I have ever seen.  I liked so many aspects of it that it is hard to pick out a favorite, but I do have to say that the scenes with Amy and Howard were probably my favorites, though really got a kick out of the scene with Penny, Leonard and Bernie running up the stairs and Penny running over them, and then to see them wrestling on the couch with Bernie shoving Penny out of the way was also great.  I could also point out Sheldon's quickly figuring out the riddle in the comic store or his declaration that his brain was "better than everybodies" in front of the bowling alley.  I really enjoy episode 4 from last year where Amy and Penny played Leonard and Sheldon in different games, but this one surpassed that.  I really funny episode.

• Like 4

I agree with most of what you said. In actuality I don't think she was that upset. She got over it quickly. It was funny he did buck up with what Bernadette said. I did notice the L/P fan fiction while entertaining really doesn't show the true Leonard and Penny relationship. Your description of how they are is spot on.

I think she got over it pretty quickly too. However, I think they drew names out of a hat and separated into their different corners immediately following what we saw on screen. Penny might have been fine, but Leonard couldn't see her to know that. I think he misread her not answering his texts as her being mad at him, not that she was embracing the competition, driving (and not texting while driving, thanks for the safe driving check, TBBT), and managing Sheldon. Then Leonard did his usual thing of defaulting to his overthinking it head space.

Leonard and Penny are being more open and laid back, but their two issues: overthinking and fear of commitment, are the ingrained, deep-seated personality traits. These are their flaws which, matched together, form the flaw in the relationship. Every relationship has flaws. This is the one Penny and Leonard will always experience flare-ups over from time to time.

The trick, the magic of the relationship, is the conflict resolution. The ability to talk things out when they should, or get a grip on themselves when they should, have incredible make-up sex when they should. In this episode, Bernadette (hilariously) intervened. And she knew just how to play Leonard too. ;)

However, overall, the way Penny and Leonard handle their conflict resolution is getting better. Not to mention the way they are maturing in their own personal behavior. But just because it comes up doesn't mean we've on a backslide to season 1. I mean, in season 1, Leonard wouldn't even admit he had asked her on a date. I think we've improved a lot since then.

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 5

Just wondering if you diddn't find it funny why rub people up the wrong way who actually did find it funny, seem's pointless to me. I've watched every season I thought it was the funniest episode since Season 3. And as for the whole Penny is dumb thing as been over done from a comedy stand point, say's who you? It seem's people think having an opinion make's it automatic fact, which is just not true. I don't think the writer's were trying to reinforce Penny's dumb, but just compared to the geniuses in the show, when it come's to science it's not her fortae, but she did really well I thought it was really funny when Raj said I didn't know who would pick Penny last lol, but guess that's just me.

Wowzers! 

Yes, I prefaced my little critique by saying that I personally didn't find it funny, but I also acknowledged that I was in the minority and that a lot of people thought it was great. I didn't say anything about it being objectively bad/unfunny and I expressed everything from my own personal point of view...

This is a thread where anyone can post their opinion on the episode. If you have a different opinion, that's absolutely fine; please feel free to express it. I just don't understand why my not enjoying the episode as much as you did (and saying so) should "rub [you] up the wrong way". 

I love BBT (we all do  :biggrin: ) and I hope I like the next episode better, but if I don't and I feel like posting my opinion on it, I will.

loved it--laugh a lot--+++++

howard/amy-- what a great pair started in first place

did not finsh where at cf singing.

leonard/bernie-- what a great job bernie did to get

leonard going pushing all the right buttons(penny)

to win the coin.

was nice to see the "others" worked so well, not always

same pairs together.

• Like 2

I thought just the same! Just when did those two drift apart? When did it happen? I remember them being close friends (wiedrly close friends, too close!), when Howard arrived home from the space station, and then after a while Stuart sort of faded away again.Of course, Raj had this intense girlfriend-intermezzo which would have taken all his time. To be honest, I'm not really sad about it. Stuart is a great supporting character. He is best, when he is the sad sack, lonely, desperate and insecure, and never part of the group. Because as a part of the group he always seemed kind of too awkward to me (if there is a thing like "too awkward in THIS group! ;) ) So, after all: I was delighted seeing him back in his old form. And I just loved his last sad line "So no one's gonna buy anything!"

Glad I wasn't the only one wondering when Stuart stopped hanging out with Raj. I love Stuart! He needs to be one of the group eating take-out in the opening credits.

Ok, who still has a Neil Diamond greatest hits stuck in their heads? *raises hand*

• Like 9

At one stage everybody in Australia had or had access to "Hot August Night". Sweet Caroline!

(oh, and ABBA, cos we roll that way too LOL)

Did I say this was an excellent episode?

• Like 2

Glad I wasn't the only one wondering when Stuart stopped hanging out with Raj. I love Stuart! He needs to be one of the group eating take-out in the opening credits.

No, that's just what I don't want him to be! (As cruel as it may sound!)

Because as sorry as I feel for him, Stuart is just so much funnier being the sad outsider who is (or feels) left out at most of the times.

But give  him a little spotlight once in a while and his eventuall lonelyness besomes even funnier! :haha:

He was a great member of Sheldon's B-friend-group, though!  ;)

(...) Howard and Amy discover they are half-siblings or anything like that.

Funny, that You say that. When I saw them together so much in this episode, I startet to wonder, too... <_<  :scare:

Edited by Lord Zog

Delightful episode; thank you writers! I just loved the scavenger premise and the Princeton bashing (of course it's an inferior institution) and finding out Amy went to Harvard. Frankly I thought she and Howard stole the show, they were utterly delightful in the car blissfully singing to Neil Diamond & the karaoke, I was laughing out loud (thank you). They have wonderful chemistry. Sheldon was obsessive, loved the bowling ball, classic Penny, Stuart wonderfully doleful, Leonard semi-pathetic,  Raj amusing A true nerdfest, back to the show's roots.

The clues were intellectual and witty, I was given everything as a longtime lover of seasons 1-3 that I could  have asked for.

Bernadette was meh, I could live without the character entirely.

• Like 1

Delightful episode; thank you writers! I just loved the scavenger premise and the Princeton bashing (of course it's an inferior institution) and finding out Amy went to Harvard. Frankly I thought she and Howard stole the show, they were utterly delightful in the car blissfully singing to Neil Diamond & the karaoke, I was laughing out loud (thank you). They have wonderful chemistry. Sheldon was obsessive, loved the bowling ball, classic Penny, Stuart wonderfully doleful, Leonard semi-pathetic,  Raj amusing A true nerdfest, back to the show's roots.

The clues were intellectual and witty, I was given everything as a longtime lover of seasons 1-3 that I could  have asked for.

Bernadette was meh, I could live without the character entirely.

I actually thought Leonard was advanced-pathetic lol, but seriousley I don't think he was pathectic at all, but maybe you were making the point Leonard is back to his submissive best. I liked although in the middle of a scavenger hunt, was worried that it had effected his relationship, yeah he was getting pathetic but that's classic Leonard. Diddn't help Bernadette amped up Leonard's semi-patheticness with that white lie, I Thought Bernadette was awesome in this episode, and Melissa stole a lot of the scenes, but that's just me. I loved Season 6 but thought this was the best episode since Season 3.

• Like 1

I actually thought Leonard was advanced-pathetic lol, but seriousley I don't think he was pathectic at all, but maybe you were making the point Leonard is back to his submissive best. I liked although in the middle of a scavenger hunt, was worried that it had effected his relationship, yeah he was getting pathetic but that's classic Leonard. Diddn't help Bernadette amped up Leonard's semi-patheticness with that white lie, I Thought Bernadette was awesome in this episode, and Melissa stole a lot of the scenes, but that's just me. I loved Season 6 but thought this was the best episode since Season 3.

The point she was making is that she hates Leonard because he interferes with her impossible ship.

The point she was making is that she hates Leonard because he interferes with her impossible ship.

Oh yeah of course I think she is the mod at the Penny and Sheldon shipper's thread, it's an impossible and peculiar ship with no physical evidence, just conjecture, but it's not cannon so it's an harmless ship, it won't happen in a million years or even a billion, so let them have their fun.

• Like 4

gods spare me; If you actually ever visited our 'shipper's thread' you'd see that it's a haven for zany, surreal and intellectual fun. None of us there take it seriously!

I enjoyed this episode greatly. I enjoyed how all the characters were portrayed and how those of us who care for the nerdy-intellectual content were made replete. That's my principal interest.

gods spare me; If you actually ever visited our 'shipper's thread' you'd see that it's a haven for zany, surreal and intellectual fun. None of us there take it seriously!

I enjoyed this episode greatly. I enjoyed how all the characters were portrayed and how those of us who care for the nerdy-intellectual content were made replete. That's my principal interest.

Yeah I have visited it that's what I meant it's harmless fun ;)

Why is it pathetic that he value a human relationship over a game? And further, only Monty Burns had as his last words, " I wish I had spent more time in the office." Lol. Hah. Life is short. Carpe etc. That bus might be aimed you right now,

oh, and please add the icon:rhetoric, heheheh :)

• Like 3

Why is it pathetic that he value a human relationship over a game? And further, only Monty Burns had as his last words, " I wish I had spent more time in the office." Lol. Hah. Life is short. Carpe etc. That bus might be aimed you right now,

oh, and please add the icon:rhetoric, heheheh :)

:victory: lol

Edited by 3ku11

Here's where I go when my job interferes with my television time (stupid job). I don't download the episodes though. I just keep clicking around until I find one that plays on my iPad. Hope this helps!

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/the_big_bang_theory/

Many thanks! Worked like a charm. Watched it 3x

I enjoyed the mixing if characters. I love Howard & Amy. Ido hope its something they play with throughout the season. This season is answering all my fan loving hopes and dreams. Can't wait to find out how many more seasons we get.

HEY ... did anyone notice that PENNY was NOT wearing the LOCKET that Leonard gave her ..... ?????????

Edited by fixitmr

HEY ... did anyone notice that PENNY was NOT wearing the LOCKET that Leonard gave her ..... ?????????

Yes, we talked about it in the Leonard and Penny thread a few pages back on the thread.

OH NO!!!!

SURELY IT MEANS THEY'RE GOING TO SPLIT UP!!!!!!

OH NO!!!!

SURELY IT MEANS THEY'RE GOING TO SPLIT UP!!!!!!

:biggrin: Perhaps they need a non nerd among the writers.

:biggrin: Perhaps they need a non nerd among the writers.

Or perhaps, and I'm just throw throwing this out, that the writers do everything for a purpose. The last episode from last year the locate was absolutely wonderful. Now only two episodes in she doesn't even wear it. UMM! Then the pics CBS shows us for the next episode she isn't wearing it either. I'm not saying they are breaking up, however, it may mean a problem leading up to the November sweeps. Just saying. :)

Or perhaps, and I'm just throw throwing this out, that the writers do everything for a purpose. The last episode from last year the locate was absolutely wonderful. Now only two episodes in she doesn't even wear it. UMM! Then the pics CBS shows us for the next episode she isn't wearing it either. I'm not saying they are breaking up, however, it may mean a problem leading up to the November sweeps. Just saying. :)

Even if Penny and Leonard eventually do end up together, you just KNOW they're going to break up and get back together at least one more time. The show still has a few years left in it, and it's too soon for these two to seal the deal.

Even if Penny and Leonard eventually do end up together, you just KNOW they're going to break up and get back together at least one more time. The show still has a few years left in it, and it's too soon for these two to seal the deal.

I woulden't say it's a guarentee they well break up again, from what the writer's say they are end game, and they should be, the whole show is based on their relationship. People forget regardless of their differences they have known each other seven years, and have become best friend's, Leonard is as socially relevant to Penny as any of her girlfriend's, or her make friend's who are more socially equpied then Leonard. The final car scene in last season's finalie really showed Penny is in love with Leonard, tbh I Think she always has been, it is just her insecurities and intimacy issues and stopped her from truley actulizing them in any capacity, 43 penc last year brought that dept. And was that a compliment re Leonard and Penny lol