116 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Wow Amy really has come full circle, hasn't she?  She was fun in this one, and I liked that they showcased Sheldon's intellect like they used to (all of the details he gave penny in figuring out that riddle - that was classic Sheldon).

I enjoyed it.  Not sure if I liked it as much as last week, but maybe we'll see after another viewing.

The teaser at the end did not escape me.  Next episode is a shamy one!  Yay!  :yahoo:

• Like 3

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Sheldon is easily the main influence in Amy's life and where she is right now. Acceptance is the first step to growth and Sheldon truly accepted Amy, quirks and all and managed to relate to he

I think you are kind of refuting your own argument here. If his mother never gave him love then why would he want to be with a woman like his mother? Did you just mean the brains part? If so I stil

Such a funny episode. The geekiness came back in full force and I could not have been happier about it.   Raj's light-and-sound show was perfectly goofy. His Bond villain-like appearance at the end

This episode ranks among the best in the series to me. I can see why it took so much time to film it, that must have been a marathon.

But what a payoff!! I especially like the continuation of the late season six approach with the emphasis on fun with the friends and less relationship drama.

• Like 3

Funny episode. Like many of the earlier posters loved Howard/Amy and Leonard/Bernadette. Thought it was ironic that all but Bernadette sort made fun of Penny's intelligence but if they're had been a winner it would have been Penny. Future reprocussions for Leonard?

• Like 1

ArmyGirl, on 03 Oct 2013 - 8:25 PM, said:snapback.png

I know and I can't see Penny choosing Sheldon again for anything where it is a competition.

I really liked the pairing of Leonard and Bernie (she do be a little bit crazy) and Howard and Amy (only thing there was just a little bit to much singing for me).

It sounded like This was the first time Amy found someone who she could let out her 'inner Neil' with. Howard may be the only person she's been able to connect with on this level (Penny and Bernie are her first girlfriends, but Howard is her first real [non romantic] guy friend). Notice a continuation of last week's discussion with Bernie about bring attracted to someone like Howard.  Also at the start (in the Apt.) the partners were already sitting next to each other. Howard was really into singing Neil as well, maybe he doesn't get to do something like that much.

• Like 2

It was overall a fun episode and the best part were Howard/Amy and Leonard/Bernadette.  They were very fun.   I loved the preview for next week as well.  Maybe it is just me but one of the reasons I don't care for Sheldon/Penny being constantly in scenes together is Jim acts over the top too much in their scenes  I prefer him when he is mixed in with Amy, Bernie or the guys.

Edited by stardustmelody

It was overall a fun episode and the best part were Howard/Amy and Leonard/Bernadette.  They were very fun.   I loved the preview for next week as well.  Maybe it is just me but one of the reasons I don't care for Sheldon/Penny being constantly in scenes together is Jim acts over the top too much in their scenes  I prefer him when he is mixed in with Amy, Bernie or the guys.

I don't necessarily agree with the S/P pairing but in this case that's was the only match left. They definitely weren't the funniest part of the show.

• Like 1

I loved the combination of Sheldon's eidetic memory and quick puzzle-solving mixed with Penny's just-as-quick deductions (she was the first one to recognize that the puzzle was the Comic Book Store, plus the Rolling Stones poster), hampered by Sheldon's anal compulsions, rather than by her lack of education.

I think that they explored and exploited the funniest aspects of each of the characters, using their partners as foils for each of them.

• Like 4

I don't necessarily agree with the S/P pairing but in this case that's was the only match left. They definitely weren't the funniest part of the show.

I think everyone is used to the S/P pairing it has been a constant character arch from the first season, it has brought a lot of comedy out of it. But now that Sheldon is socially evolving, he is not as deadpan as he used to be, so the sparring between Sheldon and Penny has diminished, so they are more conversing on a general level now. I think it has been done now S/P character interaction is Just Sheldon and Penny, Sheldon and Bernadette don't have a lot of scenes, and Penny and Howard haven't had some in a while. I also think they weren't the funniest although I have yet to watch the episode as they don't have much in common, as emphasized in 7.01, they run out of thing's to talk about pretty fast, it's pretty much a maternal brother-sister relationship. But obviousley in the case they could make a good pairing when it come's to a scavenger hunt, good to hear Penny was the first one to figure out it was the comic book store, she doesen't get the credit she deserve's, she is not a genius like the guy's, but she is quick witted.

Edited by 3ku11

Funny episode. Like many of the earlier posters loved Howard/Amy and Leonard/Bernadette. Thought it was ironic that all but Bernadette sort made fun of Penny's intelligence but if they're had been a winner it would have been Penny. Future reprocussions for Leonard?

I don't think there was any serious problem between Leonard and Penny, he really didn't say he didn't want to be with her, she just got mad he didn't say right off he wanted to be with her. She seemed to get over it pretty quick too.

• Like 1

Awesome episode.  Loved Amy/Howard and Leonard/Bernadette.  They were in top form tonight.  Great bonding between Amy and Howard and wow is Bernadette a little power house of a woman.  Love her even more....

• Like 6

I loved the combination of Sheldon's eidetic memory and quick puzzle-solving mixed with Penny's just-as-quick deductions (she was the first one to recognize that the puzzle was the Comic Book Store, plus the Rolling Stones poster), hampered by Sheldon's anal compulsions, rather than by her lack of education.

I think that they explored and exploited the funniest aspects of each of the characters, using their partners as foils for each of them.

I did like how they showcased those weaknesses v. strengths. I'm glad for Penny because they made her so dumb at the end of last season that it was annoying. Three episodes in a row of that pairing and I thought was going to be an overload but I did enjoy how they approached it.  On the other hand L/B and H/A were awesome. Bernadette finally got a starring piece!!!  I wanted more karaoke time for H/A.

:dancer:

• Like 1

Loved the episode. The best part was Sheldon explaining how he solved the 'Geology' puzzle. It felt like an earlier version of the character.

I still don't like Amy, but she's much more likable when she loses that awful, monotonous tone and actually has fun. I've never been a proponent of Shamy, and this reinforced my feelings on the subject.

I don't normally mind Bernadette, but she was a bit much for me tonight.

I don't think there was any serious problem between Leonard and Penny, he really didn't say he didn't want to be with her, she just got mad he didn't say right off he wanted to be with her. She seemed to get over it pretty quick too.

Leonard knows Penny goes nuclear if he even hints that she is not smart enough for him so he started back pedaling immediately and tried to make sure she was not really upset and wanted to quit the game to mollify her. She normally just sort of ignores when the others in the group make snide comments about her intelligence which is why it was so funny that she threaten Raj with the "Run" at the end.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 6

Leonard knows Penny goes nuclear if he even hints that she is not smart enough for him so he started back pedaling immediately and tried to make sure she was not really upset and wanted to quit the game to mollify her. She normally just sort of ignores when the others in the group make snide comments about her intelligence which is why it was so funny that she threaten Raj with the "Run" at the end.

I totally agree. Leonard to me should have known better. I can understand her side. Her boyfriend really shouldn't think that she's dumb. It's always been a sore subject in their relationship from the beginning. Penny threatening Raj IMO was just as much about her wanting to win as an insult to her intelligence.

• Like 4

I totally agree. Leonard to me should have known better. I can understand her side. Her boyfriend really shouldn't think that she's dumb. It's always been a sore subject in their relationship from the beginning. Penny threatening Raj IMO was just as much about her wanting to win as an insult to her intelligence.

And Leonard girlfriend should know better than at ever turn put him down to his friends ( she did it once again in 7.02 episode) that he isn't good in bed.  It's a two way street and Penny knows Leonard doesn't like her talking about him in that manner.

So I guess both Leonard and Penny has some growing to do.

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 1

Now that was an improvement on E1/E22. Kaley is back. She was good. Her pairing with Sheldon was the weakest though. 

S lines were not that funny.

Looking for greater things in E4

• Like 2

And Leonard girlfriend should know better than at ever turn put him down to his friends ( she did it once again in 7.02 episode) that he isn't good in bed. 

I must have missed that

I don't think there will be. Everyone bagged on Penny tonight (except for Howard). Leonard was probably the nicest to her actually. And Bernie may not have said anything about Penny's smarts but she told a whopper of a lie about her to Leonard. If I were Bernie I might be looking over my shoulder for a bit.

And Leonard girlfriend should know better than at ever turn put him down to his friends ( she did it once again in 7.02 episode) that he isn't good in bed. It's a two way street and Penny knows Leonard doesn't like her talking about him in that manner.

So I guess both Leonard and Penny has some growing to do.

I think you might be reading that scene in 7.2 wrong. I don't think that was about the sex at all but about being interrupted and seeing her fiends fighting.

• Like 2

Just watched the episode really good, although it seemed to fly by really fast or was that just me? Mellisa killed this episode, the best I have seen from her if she is consistent this year, she could be up for an Emmy. Kaley's back yes but IMO she never went away, she is the most underrated comedic actress on tv right now. I can see where people said that Bernadette's over competiveness was over done, it was really over the top, but Melissa brought humility to it, so I found it really funny, poor Leonard. And I don't think Penny was talking bad about Leonard, remember in the laundry room Bernadette said that she was lying, she just wanted to get Leonard back on track, my funniest line from the episode is from Penny "run, run as fast as you can, run to india?!" haha. We got to remember it is in its 3rd episode, IMO far far far better start then last season, to think this is only the 3rd episode in, I have no complaint's, i also felt like the old Sheldon is slowly returning, he is becoming oblivious and antagonistic again, also loved Howard and Amy bonding over Neil Diamond haha. All in all a good episode, it went by really really fast, maybe that's because I was enjoying it so much, few complaint's as usual but the BBT does not feel like it's in it's seventh season far from it, feel's fresh, and the writers are still looking at making TBBT the best it can possibly be which I love about his show is the characters, just like Friend's they are the reason the show is such a hit. And when it comes to Lenny I woulden't worry, for the record Penny never said in 7.02 that sex with Leonard is bad, remember she was talking to Sheldon and she said it was fine, almost diddn't want to go into detail. Everyone just got carried away and said thing's in the moment they woulden't normally, they well be okay and work thing's through, they have been through tougher thing's then this so they well be fine.

• Like 1

I don't think there will be. Everyone bagged on Penny tonight (except for Howard). Leonard was probably the nicest to her actually. And Bernie may not have said anything about Penny's smarts but she told a whopper of a lie about her to Leonard. If I were Bernie I might be looking over my shoulder for a bit.

I think you might be reading that scene in 7.2 wrong. I don't think that was about the sex at all but about being interrupted and seeing her fiends fighting.

Bernie just wanted to win. I'm glad you and 3k seem to remember the same way I do about the scene in 7.2.