1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

40f45.gif

Someone in the chat a little while ago was asking for this... my first attempt at an animated GIF, so hope it doesn't suck too bad...

Edited by SydNC
  • Like 2

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Sheldon is easily the main influence in Amy's life and where she is right now. Acceptance is the first step to growth and Sheldon truly accepted Amy, quirks and all and managed to relate to he

I think you are kind of refuting your own argument here. If his mother never gave him love then why would he want to be with a woman like his mother? Did you just mean the brains part? If so I stil

Such a funny episode. The geekiness came back in full force and I could not have been happier about it.   Raj's light-and-sound show was perfectly goofy. His Bond villain-like appearance at the end

Because we're all walking Greek tragedies ... Everybody is subconsciously looking for their mothers and fathers in their relationships, no matter how dysfunctional their relationships are. That's why, if this were real life, Sheldon would want to end up with someone more like his mother ... An unintellectual nurturer who loves him unconditionally. His Mom drives him crazy, but there is no woman he loves more.

So, frankly, he probably has a secret attraction to Penny (who is a lot like his mom). Remember the episode where she slipped and fell in the tub? When he was helping Penny dress, he had trouble letting go when he grabbed the wrong body part. And he did peek at her tattoo! Also, as terrified as he was of driving, he still did it to help Penny. She means the world to him. And he'd sooner die than admit it.

That's real chemistry. Even if they never ended up together.

But, the producers seem determined to turn Leonard and Penny into Ross and Rachel (from "Friends") so I fear we're stuck with it. I'm glad there are viewers who love Leonard with Penny. I'm just one who doesn't.

Please tell me your being sarcastic, if your not then lol

To the person who said Sheldon has an undeniable attraction to Penny? Are you for real what show are you watching, and I am the only one who watches the same Penny who has always been confused by Sheldon's sexual preferance? What in the world would give you the idea Sheldon is attracted to Penny based on being like his mother, in what way is Penny anything like Sheldon's mother? Yes they have a maternal relationship, but you really have to be clutching at straws to take any moment throughout the entire series, and translate into a romantic or sexual dynamic, it's all AU. It's pretty obvious Kaley and Johnny have amazing chemistry, and Leonard and Penny have been the most important relationship from the pilot, Sheldon and Penny woulden't even be friend's if it wasen't for Leonard, most of the touching moment's and romantic moment's in the show have been all Leonard and Penny. But why am I harping on about this again lol? Who know's people really need to get over this fantasy that Sheldon deep down has feeling's for Penny, because it's getting old.

I'm the person who said it... And while I get that you disagree, you don't need to be nasty about it. There are no right or wrong opinions here.

I just see it differently than you do.

And I'm not going to be bullied into retracting an opinion that's just as valid as yours. This is, after all, just a TV show! And, by the way, this might be "old" to you, but today is the first time I've posted on this forum. Try to be nice.

Cheers...

• Like 1

I'm the person who said it... And while I get that you disagree, you don't need to be nasty about it. There are no right or wrong opinions here.

And I'm not going to be bullied into retracting an opinion that's just as valid as yours. This is, after all, just a TV show! And, by the way, this might be "old" to you, but today is the first time I've posted on this forum. Try to be nice.

Cheers...

Fair enough it's just a normal pre-disposition reaction to people who seem to ship Sheldon and Penny in an romantic light, when their is no suggestion in the show that that is even a hypothetical possiblity. I have always seen their relationship as maternal and brother and sister, the very episode you were refering to justify Sheldon deep down has romantic or sexual feeling's for Penny, to put it nicely is a bit off. Penny has always been confused by Sheldon's sexual preferance, so if she cannot grasp the concept or idea, the possiblity of the reality of it happening is very remote. They just woulden't work a a couple, they are two very different people, it would interesting, and don't get me wrong I love Sheldon and Penny's relationship, I love their sparring and their brother sister sibling relationship but their is just never been any romantic relationship their, they just are not compatible as that type of the relationship. The only way they would work hypothetically as a couple, is if the writers changed everything that make's them unique as individuals, and tbh that would destroy the show. I mean imagine the car scenes, when Penny drives Sheldon to work, now imagine that scenario as a couple, she would kill him lol! Literally, another example is not sure if you have watched it or not, but Season 3 Penny was worried she had nothing in common with Leonard, so wanted to learn more about his work, Sheldon got so frustrated with her because he just lacked that patience with Penny, as his mind processes thing's much differently and quicker then Penny.

So unless the writer's decide on having an AU universe type episode any time soon, anyone who want's Sheldon and Penny based on their unique interaction's is purley AU (Alternative Universe), a part from the fact Leonard and Penny have been the most important relationship since the pilot, if you imagine an scenario in the pilot when Leonard wasen't their, most likely Sheldon and Penny woulden't be friend's, as you back to the pilot Sheldon had no intention of being friends with Penny. Sure Penny is nice and would some attempt's, but remember when Leonard told Penny how they first met, Sheldon was even worser socially then, Sheldon most likely would come across weird and contrived towards Penny, and the fact they are very different people, they would have no reason beyond meeting in the hall to have any kind of relationship. Sheldon even said that it is because of Leonard we are even friend's, and when Penny goes out with her friend's, Penny would prob be like "Hey Sheldon!" Sheldon would be like "Hello" lol and that would prob be it. Leonard making Penny part of their group caused Penny and Sheldon to develop a freindship, and Penny become like an older sister to Sheldon, and they started to tolerate their many many many differences. As for Leonard and Penny seem's forced well that your opinion, but I can see where your coming from, they are from different world's, and depending on your interpretation their relationship can seemed contrived and forced based on how different they are.

But Leonard has prooven time and time again prooved that his attraction to Penny goes' beyond a physical attraction. I remember the Time Machine episode, when Penny has to take the elevator to work, and she ripped into the guy's, the only one effected was Leonard, which showed to me right then he was the one for her. Remember my all time favorite episode The Peanut Reaction, Penny organised a birthday party for Leonard because he never had one, it was a touching intimate moment in the end between them. I Think if you watch the show a bit more, you well find a chemistry and a relationship just as endearing as Sheldon and Penny's, I think people ship character's together based on their personal preferances, but cloud's their ability to judge the variables, hey I am doing it right now! Lol so sorry it was more a knee jerk reaction. But Leonard and Penny is more then a ship it's cannon :)

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

"Leonard and Penny have been the most important relationship from the pilot..."  

...and since season 3 sheldon and amy are the most popular relationship :)  

Come on guys, don't fight, over FICTIONAL characters. This is not a comic book store xD

No, not at all. Just offering a different point of view.

And I'm not sure Penny and Sheldon should be a romantic couple ... That could be messy if the writers didn't get it right. I'm just comparing and contrasting how Penny relates to Sheldon vs. Leonard. I think she tries too hard with Leonard. That's always a sure sign the relationship is forced.

By the way, this is my first experience posting on a fan forum, so I'm not sure what a "Shenny" is. But I'm hopeful it means there are other fans like me who prefer the Sheldon/Penny scenes. :-)

I’m incredibly internet-unsavy so I’m uncertain if you’re merely taking the proverbial…If not, then I too was completely unaware of what the devil a “Shenny” was until I arrived here a few months ago, and was promptly lambasted as one. It’s terrible nonsense, but be prepared.  On account of ridiculous wars between fans who are obsessed with one fictional couple over another AU fictional couple, “Shenny” has now moved from embracing those who feel Sheldon and Penny would make a more interesting relationship than the ones currently depicted, to apparently enveloping anyone who merely prefers S/P comedic scenes above all else. If you furthermore suggest that S/P is romantic, or sublimated sexuality in any way, or mention the repetitive innuendos that the show has been playing on for years, or bring up Sheldon’s borderline pathological obsession with Penny’s nether regions, undergarments, promiscuity, sexual activity or feminine hygiene, or offer your opinion that Sheldon would be better off with someone warm and nurturing, and his polar opposite to balance him out, then you will get a virtual punch to the frogged tunic by any number of strangers. Or annoy 3skull. Which I see you have already managed to do. Swift!

There is actually a vast number of folk who prefer S/P interaction to any other character combination, but they have judiciously taken themselves to the Paradox forum. There are three or so gits (myself a very principle git) who have an S/P preference, romantic or platonic, who bloody-mindedly and masochistically hang around because we have a few “canon-fancying” or neutral pals we appreciate here (Koops! I’m certainly including you). Also because the graphics are better. Tripper, the creator of this forum, has crafted a thing of beauty. There are a lot of interesting non-shipper-based conversations. In fact I would suggest that ANY non-shipper conversation is more interesting, unless you enjoy volatile, insult-and-tear-riddled conversations that are steered by emotions and not rationality.

We have a terribly off-topic thread hijacked by talk of Wittgenstein currently, in the Show section. It is called the Penny and Sheldon Shipper’s Thread, even though most of us there want Sheldon to be alone. The irony. I think there’s only one romantically inclined soul, actually. That is the extent of the “Shenny” (cough) Empire on this forum.

Alternatively of course, you could just avoid the label altogether, and simply continue to share your views.

Anarchy, eh!

Good luck.

I like your name.

• Like 2

There's a difference between thinking Sheldon and Penny would make a more interesting couple and actually thinking it will happen...

Indeed. A staggeringly vast difference. But the former concept and the latter are lumped together under the rather twee portmanteau of Shenny, that's the problem. I thought at one point the word Peldon could be used for the former concept....it never caught on...(haughty sniff)

• Like 2

I LOVED this episode. Very funny, and I can never get enough Penny/Sheldon interactions. They have the best chemistry of any pair on that show. Their friendship is more compelling than anyone else's romantic relationships.

And I am so sick of Leonard and Penny ... They are dreadfully boring together. So, I'm delighted they were on separate teams.

The Howard and Amy Neil-thon was priceless. That was the happiest I've ever seen either character act on this show. Maybe Howard should ditch Bernie (who is becoming more unlikeable with each passing episode) and date Amy instead. I'm sick of watching her moon after Sheldon, and at least she'd finally get some action.

I think Leonard needs to date Sheldon's assistant in a future episode. It would be nice to see him with a woman who genuinely wants him.

But I digress ... This episode was a lot of fun. I've already watched it three times! It's nice seeing the gang having fun instead of everything being so heavy and relationship-oriented.

Be careful. Your "Shenny" is showing :bye:

• Like 1

this episode was fine... jokes felt a little bit repetitive after some time...  like bernie yelling and penny is "dumb" jokes..but overall it was fine..

the one thing I would have changed in this episode is in the ending instead of having all of them win ... Raj should have said he did not hid any coin and this was his revenge for the previous party where no one came... would have been a funny twist..and a little on the evil side which goes with Raj....

this episode was fine... jokes felt a little bit repetitive after some time...  like bernie yelling and penny is "dumb" jokes..but overall it was fine..

the one thing I would have changed in this episode is in the ending instead of having all of them win ... Raj should have said he did not hid any coin and this was his revenge for the previous party where no one came... would have been a funny twist..and a little on the evil side which goes with Raj....

Yeah but they are his friend's I am sure he hold's no grudges, he knows they have busy lives. I didd'nt find the joke's repetitive at all, but I guess I look for how subtle joke's are in place's of the episode's, and the actual character interaction within the joke's, opposed to the joke's themself so I had no problem with the repetitiveness of the joke's. And Bernadette yelling was hillarous come one you have to admit, and the whole Penny is dumb joke's, well it has been a winning formula for the writer's in the past, so why not use it again. And beside I don't think it was over done in anyway, more subtle then obvious, everyone expected it to be science based so no one expected Penny to excell, but of course Penny can be very cunning and witty. I thought it was the best episode of the season so far, and think Season 7 is a much better start then last season, it's back to classic BBT feel good comedy, and the science is slowly returning, thing's look good for an awesome season, and I think the new character dynamic's like Bernadette and Leonard and Amy and Howard, has freshened up the show, new fresh storyline's too. The show has hit a stroak of luck with that not seen since Friend's.

If that's your idea of what would be funny, well, then I'm glad that they're writing the show rather than you.  Sorry.

Good for you!

But a lot of people do. You're the exception, not the rule.

Apparently,lots of people agree with me, including some of the BB writers. Remember all those scenes where Bernadette yelled and sounded just like Howard's mom? And it was funny that Howard was turned on by that?

No, just NO. Freud is all but completely discredited in any serious Psychological circles. Most people do not end up in relationships with people like their opposite gender parent, and those who do do so mostly by coincidence. As for Howard loving Bernadette because she is like his mother, well as Howard pointed out in 7x02 he and his mother "have a very unhealthy relationship".

No. That is pure Freudian nonsense. Carlos is not the exception. You ask any academic who has a ounce of knowledge of Psychology and they will rip Freud apart. Just because the writers have made the joke that Bernie sounds like Mrs Wolowitz it does not mean that he is attracted to his mother. He was turned on by Bernadette sounding like Raj, btw, not like Mrs Wolowitz.

Agreed, and the thing with Howard being turned on by Bernadette's "Raj Voice" is a reflection on the unhealthy relationship he and Raj had before he met Bernadette

While I am one who doesn't see any long term repercussions here I will say that insulting your girlfriend's intelligence is a pretty bad mistake. So I don't think he overreacted at all.

I don't see this as season 5 Leonard at all. He didn't seem worried about Penny breaking up with him as he would have in season 5. If you wanted to argue we are seeing season 2 Leonard again I might buy that. I would think that he should be beyond doubting her intelligence by now. But as I said weeks ago in response to the taping report. I think the writers needed an excuse to cause a bit of tension and break up the established groups and to get Penny and Sheldon together. That last part may have backfired as many seem to think they weren't as funny. No long term issues though that I can see.

When I read the taping report I said Leonard and Amy were being unfairly vilified for not wanting to pair with Penny, and I feel totally vindicated, Leonard came off even better than I anticipated. As far as I could see the reasons he gave for not pairing up in couples were his only real reasons, when Penny felt it was a reflection on Leonard's opinion of her intelligence he was willing to partner with her so she wouldn't be hurt and her reaction implied she still was, so he tried to make things right and after how she reacted at the comic book store he wanted to quit so the game wouldn't screw up his relationship. I stand by my comment that Raj was the one that really insulted Penny, and I totally agree with Leonard Penny and Bernadette's reactions to the end of the hunt

Cheers...

Yeah, there kind of are right and wrong opinions, and yours definitely slides toward wrong. From what I see in the show all you Shenny's (including Wally, because I don't like excluding people) are delusional, or you all like highly dysfunctional and unbalanced relationships. Sheldon has absolutely no respect for Penny (witness his surprise every time she has anything to teach him) and would see her as nothing more than a glorified maid. Even someone who was simply "Penny-like" would fall into the same category of relationship with Sheldon.

Plus ever since S3 even the suggestion of Shenny has an incestuous feel that gives me shivers.

• Like 2

Yeah, there kind of are right and wrong opinions, and yours definitely slides toward wrong. From what I see in the show all you Shenny's (including Wally, because I don't like excluding people) are delusional, or you all like highly dysfunctional and unbalanced relationships. Sheldon has absolutely no respect for Penny (witness his surprise every time she has anything to teach him) and would see her as nothing more than a glorified maid. Even someone who was simply "Penny-like" would fall into the same category of relationship with Sheldon.

Thank you for including me in your astounding generalization and presumption about people’s private interpretations of characters. Very thoughtful.

Delusion relates to belief, not preference. I am perfectly capable of separating the two distinct activities of watching TBBT and reading fanfiction. If I wasn’t, I might be continuously baffled as to why Sheldon was not having sex with Wil Wheaton.

Sheldon has no respect for Leonard, his mother, OR Penny. He avowedly loves all three though. The point of AU ships is changing the motivation of characters without changing their personality. I could write Gablehauser in love with Raj if I wanted, without changing either of their personalities.

In the “Shenny” AU, Sheldon is in love with Penny, and acts accordingly, without changing one iota of his persnickety, arrogant, condescending nature. In the show, however, he is not written to be in love with Penny (not because they’re incompatible, but because it’s not the plot they chose), ergo, his actions will differ. You can’t use his actions on the show where he is NOT in love to justify why S/P wouldn’t work in an AU where he IS in love. If you can’t understand this, or can’t make the distinction between AU and the show as it stands, then don’t hang it on the heads of those who can. Or perhaps simply question the etiquette and grace of calling complete strangers “delusional” on the internet. What the devil did I ever do to you? Good grief man!

Thank you for including me in your astounding generalization and presumption about people’s private interpretations of characters. Very thoughtful.

Delusion relates to belief, not preference. I am perfectly capable of separating the two distinct activities of watching TBBT and reading fanfiction. If I wasn’t, I might be continuously baffled as to why Sheldon was not having sex with Wil Wheaton.

Sheldon has no respect for Leonard, his mother, OR Penny. He avowedly loves all three though. The point of AU ships is changing the motivation of characters without changing their personality. I could write Gablehauser in love with Raj if I wanted, without changing either of their personalities.

In the “Shenny” AU, Sheldon is in love with Penny, and acts accordingly, without changing one iota of his persnickety, arrogant, condescending nature. In the show, however, he is not written to be in love with Penny (not because they’re incompatible, but because it’s not the plot they chose), ergo, his actions will differ. You can’t use his actions on the show where he is NOT in love to justify why S/P wouldn’t work in an AU where he IS in love. If you can’t understand this, or can’t make the distinction between AU and the show as it stands, then don’t hang it on the heads of those who can. Or perhaps simply question the etiquette and grace of calling complete strangers “delusional” on the internet. What the devil did I ever do to you? Good grief man!

I do agree with you but I difer when it comes to personalities, I don't beleive Sheldon and Penny wouldent work even in AU, with their current personalties, they would just clash, they are not compatible even in AU. I mean like you said if the writer's wanted Sheldon and Penny together they have had every oppurtunity to do so, but they it's not to the show's advantage. So I do disagree if they were written romantically, their personalties woulden't change, the only way they would work even hyophetically is if the character's of Sheldon and Penny changed, they just woulden't work any other way even in AU. The point is if we keep Sheldon the same and Penny was too, Sheldon woulden't have the patience nor the capacity to be in a relationship with Penny, and Penny would be too free spirited for Sheldon. Go back to Season 3 when Sheldon was teaching Penny physics because she wanted to talk to Leonard about his job, Sheldon just diddn't have the patience to deal with Penny's slow rate of learning, it wasen't because Penny is stupid but his mind processes thing's much faster and diffrently. They are just not compatible either way, for the record you have very valid point's not trying to rain on it haha, my argument is the writer's would have to write Sheldon and Penny very differentl'y for them to work as a couple JMO.

I do agree with you but I difer when it comes to personalities, I don't beleive Sheldon and Penny wouldent work even in AU, with their current personalties, they would just clash, they are not compatible even in AU. I mean like you said if the writer's wanted Sheldon and Penny together they have had every oppurtunity to do so, but they it's not to the show's advantage. So I do disagree if they were written romantically, their personalties woulden't change, the only way they would work even hyophetically is if the character's of Sheldon and Penny changed, they just woulden't work any other way even in AU. The point is if we keep Sheldon the same and Penny was too, Sheldon woulden't have the patience nor the capacity to be in a relationship with Penny, and Penny would be too free spirited for Sheldon. Go back to Season 3 when Sheldon was teaching Penny physics because she wanted to talk to Leonard about his job, Sheldon just diddn't have the patience to deal with Penny's slow rate of learning, it wasen't because Penny is stupid but his mind processes thing's much faster and diffrently. They are just not compatible either way, for the record you have very valid point's not trying to rain on it haha, my argument is the writer's would have to write Sheldon and Penny very differentl'y for them to work as a couple JMO.

No worries 3ku11, we can agree to disagree mate, about the personalities. The physics bit you quoted, by the way, was a perfect example of taking something from the show where he is NOT in love and using it to justify why it wouldn't work in an AU where he IS. So it's a bit of a moot point. That and the Penny kicking Sheldon out of the car bit, that you keep mentioning. If Sheldon was in love, he'd be more tolerant. So would Penny. Yes? Aren't we all! As for unbelievable, thousands of fanfiction writers would disagree with you. Hell, I disagree with you, my father disagrees with you, my film director pal disagrees with you, my cretinous gobdaw neighbour who likes Iggy Pop at 4am disagrees with you....and so forth. There's a hell of a lot of "shennies" in the general populace. Quite obviously, if it wasn't an even vaguely conceivable concept, it wouldn't be brought up so repetitively by journalists, bloggists, fans at conventions, interviewers etc etc. Kaley even spruiked about "Shenny love" for the season premier. Nice lass. Speaking of being brought up repetitively, remember that this topic bores the tits off most people, so let's keep schtum about it for a while, eh? Shenny's not going to happen, it's just AU. Folk shouldn't fret about it. It's not your cup of tea, just as Lenny's not mine. All the ships have their strengths and virtues. Shamy, Lenny (L/P for the sake of Nogravitas) Shelnard....They're all grand. I extend to you an awkward virtual fist-bump/handshake.

No worries 3ku11, we can agree to disagree mate, about the personalities. The physics bit you quoted, by the way, was a perfect example of taking something from the show where he is NOT in love and using it to justify why it wouldn't work in an AU where he IS. So it's a bit of a moot point. That and the Penny kicking Sheldon out of the car bit, that you keep mentioning. If Sheldon was in love, he'd be more tolerant. So would Penny. Yes? Aren't we all! As for unbelievable, thousands of fanfiction writers would disagree with you. Hell, I disagree with you, my father disagrees with you, my film director pal disagrees with you, my cretinous gobdaw neighbour who likes Iggy Pop at 4am disagrees with you....and so forth. There's a hell of a lot of "shennies" in the general populace. Quite obviously, if it wasn't an even vaguely conceivable concept, it wouldn't be brought up so repetitively by journalists, bloggists, fans at conventions, interviewers etc etc. Kaley even spruiked about "Shenny love" for the season premier. Nice lass. Speaking of being brought up repetitively, remember that this topic bores the tits off most people, so let's keep schtum about it for a while, eh? Shenny's not going to happen, it's just AU. Folk shouldn't fret about it. It's not your cup of tea, just as Lenny's not mine. All the ships have their strengths and virtues. Shamy, Lenny (L/P for the sake of Nogravitas) Shelnard....They're all grand. I extend to you an awkward virtual fist-bump/handshake.

Kaley's Pro Lenny so I think she loves giving the Shennies a hard time lol, right back at ya.

• Like 1

Kaley's Pro Lenny so I think she loves giving the Shennies a hard time lol, right back at ya.

Just out of idle and general etymological interest, "spruiked" means "advertised" usually in a flashy or showy manner. Like those eejits that yell with megaphones from out the front of shops that sell unmitigated tat.and bollocks. Apologies for using Australian slang, as I believe spruiked is. Kaley's post was "TONIGHT 8pm #thebigbangtheory season 7 premiere! Lots of Shenny love heading your way :)" Yes, I know she's pro L/P. Perhaps she's mellowed towards the "shennies" over the years. Or perhaps, as I said, she's just a nice lass. It's also just a portmanteau like Lamy. All these words are idiotic...

I'm going to go out, find my pal, and get the blighter to download this bloody episode so I can actually WATCH it before I do any more posting in this thread. I might also have a look at the Tall Ships. There's about a billion of them in our harbour currently. I'm fairly certain that's not an exaggeration.

Indeed. A staggeringly vast difference. But the former concept and the latter are lumped together under the rather twee portmanteau of Shenny, that's the problem. I thought at one point the word Peldon could be used for the former concept....it never caught on...(haughty sniff)

Hey! I thought Peldon was created by us peeps who dig S/P as a platonic friendship. You thief! :p 

(I think Chloe invented it, but I'm not sure). 

• Like 4

Hey! I thought Peldon was created by us peeps who dig S/P as a platonic friendship. You thief! :p

(I think Chloe invented it, but I'm not sure). 

I apologise, cringe and tug my forelock simultaneously, making an altogether kickable and pathetic figure. You can have Peldon back, but I'M a Peldon when I watch the show, so you may have to endure my company. Can one be a Peldon watching the show and a Shenny reading FF? Yes one bloody well can. I think Wisp invented "Plashennic" but that just sounds like a sneeze.

It seemed like the episode was over very fast. I enjoyed it for the most part.

I had to laugh at myself when my 15 year old daughter got the rolling stone poster. I would never have made the connection on my own.

I apologise, cringe and tug my forelock simultaneously, making an altogether kickable and pathetic figure. You can have Peldon back, but I'M a Peldon when I watch the show, so you may have to endure my company. Can one be a Peldon watching the show and a Shenny reading FF? Yes one bloody well can. I think Wisp invented "Plashennic" but that just sounds like a sneeze.

Bless you!

Of course one can be a Peldon and a Shenny. :) Like we said, if one can distinguish between canon and AU there's nothing wrong with shipping other pairings. I personally have no problem with AU Shenny shipping (I have said many times anything is possible with storytelling). It's when people claim there is evidence *in* the show for it (or, God forbid, in some Freudian poppycock), or start dissing canon pairings and the people who enjoy them, that I cannot help but become a little argumentative. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 4

Re the whole Penny and Sheldon couple thing, it's just pretty hard for me to accept that a highly sexual woman, who is already feeling inadequate intellectually to Leonard, would ever find attraction to a self-absorbed, even more brainy guy who has demonstrated almost no sexual ...well, anything.

Everyone here is free to have their own opinions and likes... without nasty comments from others.   But for me, I have yet to read a cogent argument that explains how Penny would, even if Sheldon were the last man on earth, ever find him attractive.  She'd sooner go find her old battery operated chew toy in her closet.

Now of course if the show were positioned that Penny and Sheldon had to share an apartment in a platonic relationship, I can see the interest in watching the two of them co-exist.

• Like 2

Ahh Freud, the man who believed any man who grew up without a father would be a homosexual, that if we liked pooping everywhere as children we would never be able to stop giving gifts into adult life and that men were better than women because, unlike them, we didn't have to fight through the fear of having our balls chopped off by our father because we had a super secret crush on our mother.

Also, assuming that Sheldon's attraction to Penny is logical because Freud is right and Penny is like his mother, the Electra complex, also considered a Freudian theory, says that girls are attracted to their father growing up too, so is Sheldon anything like Wyatt? Or should we just discount that part of the theory for the sake of true love?

I digress. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, some of the lines really cracked me up, like when Leonard told Bernie she was "really mean" and staggered out of the comic book store while taking a puff of his inhaler, and Amy telling Howard that Penny warned her never to get into a car alone with him. Sheldon sulking and walking into penny's apartment was really funny too and scrambling up the stairs to Sheldon's spot was hilarious. Great interactions in this one! It's great to see things mixed up a bit :)

Edited by Razberrypie
  • Like 9