The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ellmoe2000

Mysterious Background Or Foreground Objects

[As I watch TBBT, I often pay attention to objects and images that appear in the background or foreground. While watching episode 2, "The Deception Verification", I noticed 2 "egg-shaped" objects that appears to have polar bears on them.  Can anybody tell what they are?

post-5169-0-64854400-1380315842_thumb.jp

they look like either paper weights or salt & pepper shakers, I do the same as you, I like to see what's on their shelves in their flat, they have some quite cool toys and gadgets :)

These look like the Alaska series of Sascha Brastoff designed ceramics.  Brastoff commissioned Matthew Adams to decorate the series.  If you do a web image search on Brastoff or Adams you'll see similar Alaska themed designs, polar bears, similar oblong salt/pepper shaker shapes and color schemes.  My wife noticed this polar bear set in Howard and Bernadette's kitchen and pegged it for a Brastoff design.  Sadly, I have not been able to find anyone selling them or I would surely surprise her with a set.  May have to settle for something else.  Looks like I'm not the only one shopping?

Here are some additional links with related info: http://www.calpotteries.com/gallery/matthew-adams/  http://www.collectorbooks.com/pdf/items/8041.pdf  

On 10/3/2013, 11:50:29, Willo the Wisp said:

This had me pondering too... I'm still not sure what it says.

519M2wnWu1L._SY300_.jpg

It is a vintage reproduction of a Flemish beer poster. I believe the top line (AVDENAERDE) is Flemish for beer, and PETRE DEVOS is the beer maker (think Budwieser). 

And FYI:,this poster can be bought on line at Amazon.

Edited by walnutcowboy

On 26-11-2015 19:29:30, walnutcowboy said:

It is a vintage reproduction of a Flemish beer poster. I believe the top line (AVDENAERDE) is Flemish for beer, and PETRE DEVOS is the beer maker (think Budwieser). 

And FYI:,this poster can be bought on line at Amazon.

Audenaerde (nowadays Oudenaarde) is a town in Belgium (Flemish part), Petre-Devos was the local brewery. This poster is somewhat famous because a type-font was based on (and named after) it.

he ho

In the episode The Pirate Solution, when Penny leaves the apartment, so Raj can speak, he sits in a dining chair, while he explains what he's doing for the last six months, since his research hit a dead end.

Behind him, on a shelf, is a silver and black object, which looks vaguely like some kind of computer tablet, games console, or such.

Does anyone know exactly what it is?