Aenigma Peregrinationis Temporis - The Ultimate Nerdy Fanfic In Latin!

annieogly

Well, if I've learned anything from your fanfic Annieogly, it's that the one-sided rambling conversations I have with my dog are really a waste of both his and my time! He's called Sheldon, so will understand exactly as much of it as I do should I read it to him ;)

• Like 1

I took 4 years of Latin in high school, so when I read that you'd written an entire fic in the dead language, I laughed, knowing that your topics would be very limited. Not to say that I laughed at your piece, of course, just that you were able to make a story with these modern characters. I figured it would have to take place in Rome or Israel or the like and incorporate slavery or farming lol. I enjoyed the line where Leonard tells Penny that she should have taken Latin lessons. That was cute. But since I haven't read Latin in quite a while, I'm afraid some of the passages confused me. Either way, I enjoyed the challenge and give you two thumbs up for writing something so unique! :)

Hehe your dog will like it Thing of Beauty, Shep actually there is a big movement to speak Latin and that's why I wrote it. I was at a Latin convention of high school students, gave them out & the students were really excited, which was tons of fun.

I could easily write a modern story, no problem, we've all the neologisms: computator, interretialis, telephonum mobile.I'm going to write another one and give your Latin a workout;-)

thanks for the two thumbs up:)