The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.05 "the Workplace Proximity" (October 17)

Your Episode Rating  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Liked this. Back to a bit of rampant nerdiness.....the guys (Leonard and Howard) don't seem quite so desperate to get laid now and are starting to revert / assert to type.......although I still think it could get a bit rocky for Howardette if he wants to play Batman games rather than be with her!

And Amy standing up to / getting annoyed with Sheldon......she isn't quite so desperate now either.

All good....and of course, as I said in a previous post..

"MYSTIC WARLORDS OF KA'..........................A!!!"

• Like 1

I was not impressed with last night's episode.  I did not like how the show ended with unresolved issues such as H/B and Shamy.  With Sheldon's behavior, I really wonder how long they will allow Shamy to go without a possible breakup.  However, I will admit that Sheldon was being Sheldon.  Still, it is hard to imagine Amy being able to tolerate Sheldon's attitude much longer without a major confrontation.  The same can be said for the way that Howard treated Bernie.  They have been married at least a year now and issues will come up. 

There were some parts that were funny, like the Sheldon with the monkey, but not as funny as the last two episodes.  The drama between S/A and H/B seemed to overshadow the humor.  I did like what I saw with Lenny, especially the scene on the couch and their interaction with Sheldon.  Overall, IMO it was not the best episode of the season. 

• Like 3

I liked the episode even if it wasn't for me the best of the season. The parts I liked most were:

1) When Sheldon tells Amy of all her weird behaviours, when all he's doing is describing himself.

2) Howard's quasi-apology to Bernadette

3) How Sheldon's reactions to the images were exactly the same as the monkey's.

Actually I thought the opposite I Thought it showed huge progression in their relationship, it showed Sheldon and Amy's emotional intimacy increasing, basically what Sheldon meant was he like's Amy quirks and all, and Amy like's Sheldon for Sheldon too. Yeah it came across as arrogant and a lack of social awareness, but I thought regardless of that part of it, I think it was a big step for their relationship IMO.

I did love that whole speech and the part about liking her quirks and all. That was all good and very progressive of their relationship. I just thought him thinking she was the one with issues was strange given that he has acknowledged his own issues last season and I expected him to own up to this one.

I don't think this line necessarily means he believes he is "normal" and she is the "weird one" as much as he thinks she is just as weird as him. Sort of in a "I'm a weirdo, and I recognize one when I see it". The fact that he tries to tell her what makes her come across as a weird, was kind of endearing, because he's trying to give advice on maybe something he has been told he's weird on tons of times, but obviously doesn't quite get it. The blind, leading the blind, if you will. And, frankly, Amy *is* considered a weirdo too (point in case, Penny and Bernadette's looks at each other after her comment during girls night).

But the bottom line is, and maybe this is a problem with the show overall, that they always try to suck out the sentiment of of the room during scenes like that, so they will throw in punchlines to dissipate the feelings. It's no different from the Spiderman speech. The writers want to send the message across that Sheldon has feelings for her, but at the same time they don't want people to groan and get cavities, so they inject those lines. I'm not saying it's necessarily a good thing, and it is irritating at times. But I don't think that will have an impact on his character growth. We went from him being in denial about the fact that they were acting like a couple in S4 to him proudly showing off as her boyfriend in S7. That's a long way to come for Sheldon. He's getting there.

Yes Amy is weird but she had made great strides under Penny and Bernie's guidance. I have trouble seeing her as weird most of the time now. And you are right about the punch lines right after tender moments. They've always done this but I never thought it took a character backward like I felt this time. Oh well I probably just don't get it yet.

I did love that whole speech and the part about liking her quirks and all. That was all good and very progressive of their relationship. I just thought him thinking she was the one with issues was strange given that he has acknowledged his own issues last season and I expected him to own up to this one.

Yes Amy is weird but she had made great strides under Penny and Bernie's guidance. I have trouble seeing her as weird most of the time now. And you are right about the punch lines right after tender moments. They've always done this but I never thought it took a character backward like I felt this time. Oh well I probably just don't get it yet.

She has made great strides, but, especially when she's with the girls, she is the "Sheldon" of the situation. It's when she's contrasted with Sheldon these days that she isn't as odd as she used to be anymore. 

But, again, I think Sheldon has acknowledged his issues with physical contact and with how draining it is for him to interact with people socially, but not necessarily gets *what* kind of social interactions are appropriate or not. He tries, but I am sure, to him, acting like he did with her colleagues was massive progress: he introduced himself voluntarily, shook hands, tried to break the ice with his "ethnic humor". There was nothing wrong there in his opinion, I don't think he's quite there yet to know that going all saccharine in front of her colleagues and talking about their handholds and hugs is embarrassing. Someone on the other forum made a good point that Sheldon at home and Sheldon at work are the same person, whereas Amy at home and Amy at work are two different people. Indeed I doubt Amy would go around making the kind of awkward sex jokes she makes in private at work, whereas Sheldon would. So he probably thinks that it's fine to behave with her at work the way he would outside of work.

But, to be frank, I did think Gunderson was a bit of a drag to start with. :p Come on! The line about the muppet and the meatballs was funny for an ice-breaker, smile a little! After that, yes, Sheldon got rude and inappropriate. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed the episode as always.  Howard and Raj were funny, nice Lenny and Shamy moments.  What really stuck with me, but in a bad way, was how the writers handled Sheldon at the end.  His comments to Amy about the demands of dating a socially awkward person were really good...until he said he was talking about Amy.  I get that this probably supposed to be for humor but I thought they really made Sheldon take a huge step backward after all the positive growth he made in season 6.  At least three times last season Sheldon addressed and took ownership of his own social awkwardness.  All of a sudden he just doesn't see it again and is back to square one?  I think that scene with Amy would have been so much better if he was being like season 6 Sheldon.  Maybe there is some subtlety that I am not getting, but I thought Sheldon had a huge regression at the end of this episode that slightly took away from what I thought had been a great episode. 

weakest episode of the season so far....after a couple of good episodes this was expected...

how much more clueless can sheldon be.....he sees amy smiling and enjoying with her collegues and still assumes that she is craving to with him....come on..he cannot be that clueless

howard bernie -- its just tedious to watch them fight..

...glad this episode seemed smaller than the rest..

penny's phone joke was nice.... funny twist...

I was not impressed with last night's episode.  I did not like how the show ended with unresolved issues such as H/B and Shamy.  With Sheldon's behavior, I really wonder how long they will allow Shamy to go without a possible breakup.  However, I will admit that Sheldon was being Sheldon.  Still, it is hard to imagine Amy being able to tolerate Sheldon's attitude much longer without a major confrontation.  The same can be said for the way that Howard treated Bernie.  They have been married at least a year now and issues will come up. 

There were some parts that were funny, like the Sheldon with the monkey, but not as funny as the last two episodes.  The drama between S/A and H/B seemed to overshadow the humor.  I did like what I saw with Lenny, especially the scene on the couch and their interaction with Sheldon.  Overall, IMO it was not the best episode of the season. 

Jon- I missed the subtlety too. Maybe it's a lack of imagination.LOL

vasu-clueless, arrogance, stupidity. I don't get it either

OldNavy- The S/A and H/B drama at the end ruined it for me. The Shamy so need to breakup. But can you imagine all the wailing on this forum? Not going to happen :banghead:

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 2

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Why would the Shamy need to break up? they already did that whole breaking up/back together etc thing with Penny/Leonard so it would be tying.

The Shamy has problems, sure, but I think they've made a point of showing that they are not the same as the other couples and that they actually do talk their issues even if sometimes the communication has interference.

A breakup is the easy way out, and it doesn't go with them at all.

• Like 2

Ah, I slept well last night, went to classes, got to work, then re-watched episode 7.05.

"Don't worry little moth, the flame will come to you." :girlsigh:

Feeling better about it!

• Like 1

While I don't put it past the writers to play the breakup card at some point, it isn't necessary for this couple. Writers used the breakup card when they have nowhere to go with a couple and have run out of ideas. With Shamy they still have a ton of stuff to explore. I could have seen it happen last year after they heard about renewals, in order to drag it out and given how much the dynamic had become unbalanced, but it's pretty clear this season that they are committed to keeping these two together. 

You can look at any couple from an angle that makes you think that they need to break up, if you want to find the reason for them to break up. It's all a matter of perspective, and the only perspective that matters, at the end of the day, for breaking up or staying together, is the writers'.

• Like 1

I'm just going to repost what I posted at the other forum because I'm supposed to be working (HA!) and because I don't know if I can think of anything more or different to say. :)
I haven't read through this thread, so pardon me if I'm repeating what others have said:

I agree that this was a great episode for the Shamy.

I do think that Sheldon was totally fine with Amy coming to work at CalTech and she kind of monkey-wrenched herself by bringing up the "don't defecate where you eat" adage.
And I love that Sheldon immediately chose to free himself from his literal interpretation...
But I loved that they were on their date night and that the conversation had somehow turned to phallic representations of root vegetables in Renaissance painting. Who else would stumble into that conversation? :p
And of course, Sheldon didn't really get excited by that topic, but turned to nail scissors instead.

Anyway, I kind of love the conversation during the card game and the names of the cards they were using. I also loved Leonard's "Giant Baby" card after he talked about Amy helping Sheldon with eyedrops...

And poor Sheldon doesn't realize the mistake he's making in taking Howard's advice--he doesn't get that Amy would be miffed about his response or that he's being rude or bossy or whatever. In a way, he's responding the way Amy had kind of anticipated at the restaurant. I mean, how would she have reacted if he had been the one to come up with the "Don't ___ where you eat" adage when she first told him of her plans?

At any rate, I loved when Howard and Bernie are arguing, the way Sheldon just keeps accidentally fanning the flames. And I loved his face and his kind of stunned/confused reaction when Howard says, "For the love of God!" It's like he doesn't know that he's just making it worse. :p

And I guess he really he doesn't realize that Amy's actually mad at him when he tells Howard that he and Amy are fine.

I agree that Sheldon can't help himself when Amy's in the cafeteria. I think he truly had been looking forward to having lunch with her, despite Howard's warning, and it kills him that she's over there, simling and enjoying herself with her colleagues. I don't know whether he really thought she was wanting to be at the cool table, or if he was just using that as an excuse, but I love that he couldn't help but go over there and try to be part of her world in that moment.

I LOVED the monkey scene. The first echo of their mutual reactions was great--we see the monkey make an "OH!" face and back away from the screen, and then Sheldon does the same thing a moment later when he sees the crocodile picture. :biggrin:   And all of that mirroring was just genius.

I took the "bus parking lot" at face value--it's just a "cool" thing that Sheldon likes, not a reference to some kind of make-out spot or anything like that. He's fascinated by the idea of rows and rows of busses, just like he's fascinated by trains and other things like that. It's kind of a boy thing, too. My nephew loves stuff like that and he's 16.

I do think that Sheldon was showing some remarkable growth throughout this eipsode. I especially like that he said to Amy, "We're a couple", which is so significant. Although he's still stumbly and clueless about how to be a boyfriend or how his ego gets in the way, he does think of them as a couple. He's in a boy/girl relationship with her, complete with hand-holding and hugging, and he's not afraid to admit it to complete strangers, even if it ends up earning him a kick in the shin.

I don't take his "weirdo" label as him having any real understanding of himself. I think it was partly to set the audience up for the joke (that he wasn't talking about himself, though it sounds like he is), but also significant in that although he still finds it hard to understand what will set her off (because it's HIM and his "weirdo" behaviour that usually sets her off) he LIKES her, quirks and all.

And she says the same thing to him. She doesn't think he's weird (not too weird for her, anyway) and she likes him, too.

How more couple-y could they be? Even though he puts his gigantic feet in his gigantic mouth a moment later, that mutual "I like you, quirks and all" declaration is real and important for both of them to say and to hear.

Though he doesn't think of himself as the weirdo, at least in that moment, he still has the ability to be real for that moment and say truly and clearly and without equivocation that he likes her the way she is.
It's as real as that apology in Vacation Solution. He drops his guard for a moment and says something real.

I don't think his "I wasn't talking about me" line a moment later is any kind of cover up for his feelings about himself. I think that he's still stating the truth. He thinks she's weird, in some ways, but the fact that he is talking about her being the weird one, and STILL saying "we're a couple" and that despite whatever difficulties they may be having, despite any weirdness he finds in her, he's still saying "I like you".

He thinks she's the clueless one, but that doesn't really matter in terms of how HE feels about HER. In a way, it's kind of a mirror of how Amy feels.
She obviously knows that he was quirks--she's already said she finds them cute as a bunny, his quirks make her love him even more, etc.

So, he can like (love) her despite what he perceives as her quirks and weirdness, despite not quite knowing how or when he might make her mad, just as she likes him despite his often frustrating behavior (um, just like the other couples do... ;)  )

And in the tag scene, where the girls are griping about the guys, I mean, come on, how normal is that? My sister often quotes a line from Fiddler on the Roof about her husband, "You could die from such a man!", but they have a fantastic relationship.

We know that those girls aren't going to hold grudges forever. All these couples seem to "keep short accounts" when it comes to squabbles and disagreements. No one really hangs onto these frustrations because there's real love at work here.

I loved this episode. :)

PS: I am disappointed in the "hugs even on hot days" misunderstanding from the taping report or the sides or wherever the spoiler came from. I wrote a fic based on the idea of "Hug Days". But the fic still works, IMO. :biggrin:
Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 3

While I don't put it past the writers to play the breakup card at some point, it isn't necessary for this couple. Writers used the breakup card when they have nowhere to go with a couple and have run out of ideas

IMO Sheldon being "clueless" about his relationship with Amy is starting to get repetitive. It's as you put it they've seemed to "run out of ideas". It seems they put him into relationship situations and he always manages to screw it up. I think some of us are getting tired of that.

• Like 2

Didn't like the ep much. Very little to laugh about. The marginalisation of the Lenny continues.

I'm wondering if their scenes were light because of Kaley being involved in that film--if she's been busy with filming she might not have had as much time to reahearse, so her load was lightened.

IMO Sheldon being "clueless" about his relationship with Amy is starting to get repetitive. It's as you put it they've seemed to "run out of ideas". It seems they put him into relationship situations and he always manages to screw it up. I think some of us are getting tired of that.

I don't think he's clueless about his relationship so much, but it's how his natural bluntness and lack of social polish affects his relationship.  He isn't blind to the fact that he and Amy are a couple and he acknowledges that he likes her, quirks and all.  And he didn't just come to this realization in this moment.

I think it's something he had known, but just hasn't expressed directly to Amy until this dust-up.  He puts his foot in his mouth the way many guys do--including Howard and Leonard, and even Raj on occasion--it's just that he does it in his own Sheldon-y way in circumstances that only arise because of who he is.

Is he supposed to all of a sudden turn into a "regular" boyfriend?  Is he supposed to all of a sudden understand everything that guys are supposed to understand about their SOs (which, by the way, they never do)?

Then he wouldn't be Sheldon and they wouldn't be the Shamy.

• Like 2

It's not the relationship he was clueless about it's how to behave in public about it. He was taking bad advice, left, right and center. Amy wasn't annoyed at him because of their relationship, she was annoyed because he embarrassed her and he couldn't figure out why. There was tons of new stuff as far as Sheldon as a boyfriend is concerned in this episode and people have made lists over and over again, but if you want to focus on the jokes that were put in there just to make this show the comedy it is, be my guest. It's clear nobody is going to make you change your mind anyway.

If we focus on repetitive relationship-stereotypes as an indication of who should break up, every single couple on this show should break up. Leonard acts like an hormonal teenager, Howard screws up, Bernadette yells, Penny doesn't commit. Let's break everybody up, then, because they aren't flawless.

• Like 4

If we focus on repetitive relationship-stereotypes as an indication of who should break up, every single couple on this show should break up. Leonard acts like an hormonal teenager, Howard screws up, Bernadette yells, Penny doesn't commit. Let's break everybody up, then, because they aren't flawless.

You are correct. Every couple is without flaws. But they acknowledge their flaws and realize when they are wrong. Does Sheldon?

• Like 1

You are correct. Every couple is without flaws. But they acknowledge their flaws and realize when they are wrong. Does Sheldon?

Eventually this will happen. Patience......we have like 3 to 5 more years of series left.

• Like 1

I haven't read every post here, so apologize if I repeat something.  But, after skimming, I have a few more comments.

I've been married almost 20 years and my husband is still clueless about many things (sorry guys).  Relationships are not perfect, and I found what happened in this episode to be very realistic.  What happened with Howard and Bernie is very typical of a married couple.  And with the Shamy... come on.  It's Sheldon. Why would we be surprised?

I really feel this episode made leaps and bounds for Sheldon and Amy.  It's the first episode in a long time where I could just feel that Sheldon really wanted to be with Amy.  All of the things mentioned by stardust and others are true -- so many subtle things that Sheldon said and did are a definite sign to me that things are progressing.  And I love that we're seeing hints of the old Sheldon shining through -- it's just funny.  I'd much rather Sheldon be clueless rather than intentional, and he really feels that way this season so far to me.  I mean... he couldn't sleep because he was thinking about her and went over to her apartment?  At night?  I think what happened during love spell had a bit of an effect on him, don't you think?  :yes:

Also, I love that this is the second episode in a row where Amy is being held to high regard.  I love that Leonard and Penny showed their high opinion of her in their conversation with Sheldon, and I loved that they showed her in her lab working with the monkey again.  But, what I loved the most, is the patience she displayed when dealing with Sheldon (up until the end, that is).

I agree. Not specifically about your husband (of course I would not know) but it is so common for husbands to be clueless to at least some aspects of their wives emotional needs/expectations that is is cliché. Sheldon is so exaggerated so even us clueless husbands can see it. There is an element of this in a lot of relationships which is what makes this entertaining in a comedy context.

Howard's point was quite cliche too.  When it filters through to Bernadette by way of Sheldon it's upsetting to her. Apart from that she could probably say the same thing about being apart from Howard part of the time. The honeymoon period when couples want to be inseparable does not last long past them moving in together typically.

During the show I was wondering if Amy was talking notes only about the monkey or about both Sheldon and the monkey. Was her line in the restaurant near the beginning about "not eating...." a reverse psychology ploy to get Sheldon into her lab?

If Amy is like Sheldon in some ways and Sheldon is also like Beverly does that make Amy something like Beverly? So I have been wondering when Amy is going to try to do a fMRI of Sheldon's brain? Sheldon should be really into that.

• Like 1

It was okay. I mean, it started out with so much promise - I LOVED "Don't worry little moth, the flame will come to you." And Amy telling Sheldon "I didn't ask your permission." But as it progressed, Sheldon just got me angry. He's doing the same thing he's always done, but I guess the apology at the end was too little, especially when I know he was capable of more (did anyone notice him willingly reach out and shake Amy's colleague's hand when they were introduced?). It's not the actors' fault whatsoever, but maybe I'm just so tired of being stretched so thin by these writers! Could it have KILLED them to end the episode with a hug? Maybe even a pat on the back? Ah!!! My Shamy heart bleeds! 

Regardless of my feels, the rest of the cast was hilarious as always. The dialogue is really top notch so far this season. Loving it all!

The term you use is correct they are "STRETCHING IT THIN". I was really hoping they would surprise us with a "happy" ending instead of ruining the moment -- AGAIN!  It's just not funny.

My favorite, FAVORITE things about the episode were the nonverbal - Penny's faces, R/L watching from the couch, P/L snuggling, then P/L in total agreement with each other about Sheldon, Raj before he uttered that beauty "as you wish", Sheldon x Betsy, Amy watching Sheldon/Betsy, Sheldon's face/body language with Amy, Amy dropping her arms at the door to hear him out, Sheldon's head tilt after he said "I should think so"...so many to list.
Edited by dessertisserved
  • Like 1

Did anyone else think that in the scene where Leonard and Penny were sitting on the couch with a blanket covering the lower half of their bodies it was going to come out that it was because they were naked from the waist down? 

• Like 1

My favorite, FAVORITE things about the episode were the nonverbal - Penny's faces, R/L watching from the couch, P/L snuggling, then P/L in total agreement with each other about Sheldon, Raj before he uttered that beauty "as you wish", Sheldon x Betsy, Amy watching Sheldon/Betsy, Sheldon's face/body language with Amy, Amy dropping her arms at the door to hear him out, Sheldon's head tilt after he said "I should think so"...so many to list.

I agree!

• Like 1

The term you use is correct they are "STRETCHING IT THIN". I was really hoping they would surprise us with a "happy" ending instead of ruining the moment -- AGAIN!  It's just not funny.

It's funny if you look at them as a characture of many real couples rather than as actual people.

Did Howard? Did Leonard last week? I did not see a scene where they did apologize or realized they were wrong (unless Leonard getting tricked into a Skype call with his mother counts as realizing he was wrong). It's a comedy, and a lot of the time the comedy comes from the punchline after the apology, unfortunately for this show.

We have seen Sheldon apologize to Amy before. It doesn't mean he's going to do it every episode. Also, it's not like Amy has always been stellar at realizing she was wrong herself. Did Amy realize she was being an idiot during the FWF with Wheaton back then? No. She got her way and Sheldon sided with her even though she was being completely unreasonable. 

A great part of the comedy with Sheldon is to do with the fact that he for every inch he learns, there's another mile he doesn't. He has made a lot of progress over the last 3 years, but there are of course issues that will be smoothed out down the line. With Sheldon, as well as with the other characters. Otherwise there is no story to tell. I think that considering how ridiculously the writers were writing Shamy at the end of last season, this is leaps and bounds of improvement. 

• Like 2

I thought the episode was good, nothing especially fantastic about it - but it was good.  While I think it's great that Sheldon is appearing to learn new things about being in a relationship each week, I'm not sure I want that to be the "basis" of every episode.  Too much of a good thing and all that.

I did like how L/P seem to be the stable ones to a certain extent and kind of like the Mama and the Papa of the group.  Their scenes for the most part lately have really shown what it's like to be a regular couple.  It's very refreshing to see.

One thing I do like though is that even though the writers make it painfully clear how clueless Sheldon can be, they remind us that the rest of the guys aren't that far behind him.  I'm sure Leonard's talking to the guys consisted of "be nicer to the girls okay?  Now let's play with the laser"... 

• Like 2

Did Howard? Did Leonard last week? I did not see a scene where they did apologize or realized they were wrong (unless Leonard getting tricked into a Skype call with his mother counts as realizing he was wrong). It's a comedy, and a lot of the time the comedy comes from the punchline after the apology, unfortunately for this show.

We have seen Sheldon apologize to Amy before. It doesn't mean he's going to do it every episode. Also, it's not like Amy has always been stellar at realizing she was wrong herself. Did Amy realize she was being an idiot during the FWF with Wheaton back then? No. She got her way and Sheldon sided with her even though she was being completely unreasonable. 

A great part of the comedy with Sheldon is to do with the fact that he for every inch he learns, there's another mile he doesn't. He has made a lot of progress over the last 3 years, but there are of course issues that will be smoothed out down the line. With Sheldon, as well as with the other characters. Otherwise there is no story to tell. I think that considering how ridiculously the writers were writing Shamy at the end of last season, this is leaps and bounds of improvement. 

It doesn't necessarily need to be an actual apology. Penny got even with Leonard by involving Beverly. Bernie kicked Howard out of the house. There were actual consequences for them. Sheldon always thinks Amy is the problem. He sided with Amy in FWF more because of talking to Penny and liquor. As to apologizing to Amy that's true but he did that as a last resort because he wasn't going to win that argument not for being sorry for what he did.

• Like 1

A great part of the comedy with Sheldon is to do with the fact that he for every inch he learns, there's another mile he doesn't. He has made a lot of progress over the last 3 years, but there are of course issues that will be smoothed out down the line. With Sheldon, as well as with the other characters. Otherwise there is no story to tell. I think that considering how ridiculously the writers were writing Shamy at the end of last season, this is leaps and bounds of improvement

YESSS!  I agree, other than 6.23 Love Spell, the whole latter half of last season was a poorly written Shamy.  Definitely leaps and bounds of improvement.   I also agree that it isn't just Sheldon who does not apologize, but in this episode he was apologizing at the door and making it clear how much she meant to him.   That he likes her just the way she is.   He wasn't even upset when she closed the door in his face, but instead thought it was her being clueless.   He can't apologize if he really does not realize he is being clueless.   By the way, given the soft way she closed the door on him, I am guessing she wasn't really overly angry.  She was trying to get a point across, but obviously it didn't come across to him.   

I think the whole thing is that both Sheldon and Amy were used to being loners, making decisions on their own and being in charge.   Suddenly they realize they like each other and are wanting more from each other and so there is bound to be give and take tension between them.   That is what happens with couples when they get together.   It only gets worse when they marry (like Howard and Bernie).   Adjustments take years in many cases.   But that doesn't mean you lose the love or the admiration for the person.  You get frustrated, yes, but you move on and work through it.  Shamy work through their issues because they discuss them and tell each other what they are upset about.   That is why there is no need at all to break them up.   They are showing a lot of maturity in how they address their issues. 

• Like 2