The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
leela

Stand-By Tickets Vs Guaranteed Admission

Hi everybody, 

I have a question: I'm going to attend a taping of the show very soon (yay!!). I got my ticket by calling Audience Unlimited as the website was down on the day the tickets were released. According to the person I spoke to, I was put on the "stand-by" list (that was all they had left when I called). As I didn't get the regular confirmation email to show the pages on the day, I was sent by post a little blue card with the date & time of the taping, my name, and some fine print regarding admission (photo ID required, must be above 18, should check in 90 mins prior to scheduled showtime etc...). 

It doesn't say anywhere it's a stand-by ticket. Any chance there was a mix-up and I've ended up with a guaranteed one?

I will probably go there super-early anyway. I already had the opportunity once to attend a taping during season 4 (before they implemented this "stand by/guaranteed" tickets policy) and I don't want to risk not getting in. But I'm curious...

• Like 1

Hi leela and welcome. :)

If the person on the phone said they put you on the standby list, you're most likely on that list regardless of what the postcard says.

You could email AU to confirm anyway at [email protected]

Use the subject "Tickets". They usually reply within the hour during business hours.

Good luck and enjoy the show!

Congrats, leela on your tickets.   Which episode are you planning to attend?  

I agree with Puppy Chow, it probably is a standby ticket since they told you that when you called, but you could email them to be sure.   Definitely plan to get there super early, bring supplies and have someone that can cover your spot when you need to use the little girls room.  :girlwink:

You can have your phone everywhere with you but in the actual studio area.   You get it back as soon as taping is done, but for calling people for rides, etc. you can still have your phone for those purposes, just not while in the studio and while the taping/show is going on.

Make sure you get there early, if you have stand-by tickets. I got into the premiere taping with a stand-by ticket. My friend and I got there a little after 11am, and we were one of the last stand-by people to get in. It varies with every taping. Good luck. :)

OMG thank you all SO much for your answers and advice!! This is really much appreciated :-)

I will be attending the taping next tuesday, I'm really excited! I was planning on leaving my phone at the hotel originally (that's what I did 3 years ago), thanks stardustmelody for letting me know I can still take it with me. I'll need to call a cab after the taping (I don't have a car....). 

I've emailed AU regarding my ticket, I'm awaiting their response. In any case, it's going to be a great day :-)

If any of you are going to be there next tuesday, do let me know, it'll be fun to chat with other fans...

So sorry for the late reply, I've been traveling like mad over the last few weeks...

Were you able to get into the show? Any tips for getting in with Stand By tickets? My daughter is taking her boyfriend as a birthday present but was only able to get Stand By and she is really hoping to get him in

Hi everybody!

So not only I got in, but I was actually on the Guaranteed List!

Turns out that the blue ticket means guaranteed. So I don't know if there was a mix-up or if the person who took my booking managed to put me on the guaranteed list later on, but when I showed my ticket to the AU lady I was assigned to the guaranteed list. 

People started queuing around 10am-11am (I got there at 11am and was the 6th or 7th person in the queue). All the people who got there before noon-ish got in. I'm not sure for the rest. 

Hope it helps!

Were you able to get into the show? Any tips for getting in with Stand By tickets? My daughter is taking her boyfriend as a birthday present but was only able to get Stand By and she is really hoping to get him in

@MJistheBOMB is probably the expert on that.

Hi,

I'm a french in vacation in L.A and I got 3 tickets for this november 26th. I got a "standard ticket" for me but standby tickets for my friends. I'd like to know if we can bring with us our cell phone and just let it in a box or whatever thing there because we don't have a car. Can you advice me about the time to get there (the show start at 5:30pm). Also, do you think we'll be able to sit next during the filming ?

Thank you

Hi,

I'm a french in vacation in L.A and I got 3 tickets for this november 26th. I got a "standard ticket" for me but standby tickets for my friends. I'd like to know if we can bring with us our cell phone and just let it in a box or whatever thing there because we don't have a car. Can you advice me about the time to get there (the show start at 5:30pm). Also, do you think we'll be able to sit next during the filming ?

Thank you

Congrats on getting three tickets! That's an accomplishment in and of itself. :) I hope you are having a great vacation.

People with standby tickets need to be in line as early as 11am. People with guaranteed/standard tickets need to arrive at least 90 minutes before the show. If you go into the studio with the rest of the 'guaranteeds', it is unlikely that you will be seated with your friends who have standby tickets. You'd probably need to wait with them outside until they get checked in. Have you emailed Audience Unlimiteds to see if they can switch your friends' tickets to guaranteed? In the past, people traveling from abroad have been able to get the tickets of other people in their group changed to guaranteed, but you need to ask before you get there.

As for the cell phones, they strongly encourage people to leave them in their car before the check in but the truth is that they will just take them away at the stage door if you get that far with them. They'll give them back to you at the end of the taping.

Enjoy the show and report back here if you have a chance. We'd really appreciate it. :D

Hi,

Thank you

MJ usually gets there at 10-11AM, PST time! 

And yes we would be forever grateful if you were able to report back to us about the taping. ;)

Thank you for replies, unfortunately the production have canceled the show for tomorrow, I'm very disappointed because I go back to France on thursday 28th, so I won't be able to attend for any other show :(.

Thank you for replies, unfortunately the production have canceled the show for tomorrow, I'm very disappointed because I go back to France on thursday 28th, so I won't be able to attend for any other show :(.

We were thinking of you and how disappointing it had to be for you, having come so far.

I'm so sorry for you and your friends. :(