The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollyAndOatmeal

Awesome Season 7

I agree I feel like the flow of the episodes and the characters are reminiscent of earlier seasons, with an updated feel.  I hope it continues!

The only episode I didn't enjoy as much was the scavenger hunt one, and I know I'm in the minority with this opinion... but much of the humor in that one felt a bit forced to me.  But I've loved everything else so far, especially the shamy scenes.

• Like 1

That kind of remind me the Yes more amy thread!! :-p I like it thanks for starting it!!! I think that s7 will be amazing!! The episodes we have seen so far can confirm that!! There are still so many things they can show and use to make funny storylines not always focusing on couple-plots.

• Like 1

I loved all 5 episodes so far, and I think they're all much much stronger than the first 5 from last year. The scavenger hunt in particular kicks Boys vs Girls game night from last year's butt by a mile. 

• Like 2

I love this thread :)

I agree Season 7 is awesome so far! My favourite episode was epsiode 2 where Leonard returned. It was so sweet seeing Leonard surprising Penny with his return and I loved her reaction so much. And I laughed so hard as Sheldon knocked twice in that episode (the second time was the funnieist after he found out that Leonard already had returned without telling him). So I loved that episode ´cause I`m such a Penny/Leonard shipper yeah that was the reason and Shamy had great scenes too there. I loved it how they listened on Pennys door. And the thing is: I haven`t laugh so much about a second episode of a Season since Season 1 (the Big Bran episode) so they writers did a great job with that second episode this season.

Episode 3 was the second best episode so far in this season because of Howard/Amy and Leonard/Bernadette. I loved it that they put them together in teams because they never did this before. Penny could have teamed up with Stuart *LOL* he would have been happy about it but then I would have felt sorry for Sheldon so it was okay that Penny teamed up with Sheldon `cause these two have a great chemistry since season 2 (esp. since that Panty Pinata episode which was a great episode!) I mean they just work so good together even if they sometime almost wanna kick each other or something *LOL*
Yeah Season 7 really made me laugh.

• Like 1

That kind of remind me the Yes more amy thread!! :-p I like it thanks for starting it!!! I think that s7 will be amazing!! The episodes we have seen so far can confirm that!! There are still so many things they can show and use to make funny storylines not always focusing on couple-plots.

I figured we need more positive sounding threads around these parts!  Some threads and posts are such Debbie and Duncan Downers.  Why go to a place like that when you can go to a place that has the word "Awesome" in the title?

• Like 4

I figured we need more positive sounding threads around these parts!  Some threads and posts are such Debbie and Duncan Downers.  Why go to a place like that when you can go to a place that has the word "Awesome" in the title?

I like your attitude!!! ;-)

• Like 1

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Season 7 is going great for now. I was one of the people dissatisfied with the later half of S6 but all of the fears I had of S7 have been dissipated.

My main gripe was the writing on Amy Farrah Fowler, and S7 is being awesome in that respect, hopefully they keep it up!

• Like 2

Dr. Fowler is awesome!  I'm one of those that has liked her character since the start.  I do remember at one point last season yelling at the television screen for her to "grow a pair of metaphorical balls already!"  But she's just so amazin' that the feeling didn't last long for me. Definitely loved when she called Sheldon a "jerk" this season.  That's love, that is :girlsigh:

• Like 3

I must say that s7 started out very strong!  We're only 5 episodes in, and I am impressed.  It feels like a good mix between the earlier seasons and the post s3 seasons.  I'm loving the science and all the relationship humor.  The show seems to be in top form to me.  Let's see if they can sustain the momentum for the next 19? episodes!

Where's the science? Did I miss something? Or do you mean the last 8 seconds of the last episode (laser experiment)? ;)

I too last year was one of those upset with the latter half of S6. But these days I am constantly saying that I am loving S7, so far. I like the path they seem to be on with my favorites, which include Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler and Shamy. But in general, I see great balance among all the characters. And that is great to see!

• Like 3

Where's the science? Did I miss something? Or do you mean the last 8 seconds of the last episode (laser experiment)? ;)

Oh, did you miss the entire bit with Dr. Fowler and her experiment with the monkeys, too? ;)

• Like 1

Oh, did you miss the entire bit with Dr. Fowler and her experiment with the monkeys, too? ;)

Oh lol the monkeys... they have been done so many times over and over again in the show that I simply forgot about them. :D I'm waiting for some interesting stuff to happen, be it a cool experiment the guys are performing or Sheldon (and Leonard) talking about Physics or even better: Sheldon doing research!

Edited by Berliner

Dr. Fowler is awesome!  I'm one of those that has liked her character since the start.  I do remember at one point last season yelling at the television screen for her to "grow a pair of metaphorical balls already!"  But she's just so amazin' that the feeling didn't last long for me. Definitely loved when she called Sheldon a "jerk" this season.  That's love, that is :girlsigh:

Yeah Amy HAD to start defending herself more!! Sometimes I just wanted so bad to see the woman who characterized physics cute in front of Sheldon!!! I mean Amy would never put up with nonsense. But I like to think that she just lost her balance when she started feeling things she thought she would never feel. Now that she adjusted herself to her 'new' life she is back to her "cut-the-crap" attitude. When she called him a jerk I was like way to go Amy!!!!!!!!

Season 7 has been AWESOME, you're right!  I think last year Amy was giving Sheldon the benefit of the doubt, and was trying to show patience and understanding towards someone that is extremely Sheldon.  Some people saw it as her not having a backbone (or not having metaphorical balls as Holly said), but I think she was just trying to figure out boundaries and trying to be a supportive girlfriend.  This season, I believe she's figured out those boundaries with him.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to where the rest of this season takes us!  It's gonna be a fuuuuuuuun ride =)

• Like 5

I love this thread... another great thread created by Holly  :give_rose:

Those 5 episodes  in this season were really great and I must say that s7 began promising for me, especially I love love LOVE our little moth ( I would say butterfly!) , little lady  beautiful Dr. Fowler and her flame handsome Dr. Cooper who can't stand a moment without her.. and it shows how much she draws him to herself.  It was always like that, and he always more or less couldn't stand without her but it so visible in this season. Oh Shelly you love her and you know it...I love that moment when she called him jerk to put him in line, and when he came to her in the night because he couldn't stop thinking about her, and that moment with moth and flame in cafeteria. I love that she can put him in line when it is needed, that she can understand him, and that she is always honest with him, and supports him the most. She knows him so well and it is beautiful. I hope that it will bring us something wonderful between Sheldon and Amy.

Leonard and Penny are in such stable moment in their relationship, and I loved that moment when they were under blanket together cuddling to each other, sweet and adorable. And despite that after when he returned from  research expedition Leonard should talked with Sheldon that he wants to spent time with Penny alone, I understand why he did it... and I can understand why Sheldon felt bad and sad about it, but I love that Leonard wanted spend time with Penny alone, be with her to show his love, so romantic. Hilarious moments between Raj and Howard, and I really love what Howard said to Sheldon and Leonard in cafeteria in second episode that what they have is really special and it was beautiful and so true.

I hope that Raj will "learn" how to talk with women now when he can...and that between Howard and Bernie will be better and that they will find solution to their problems, that they will find each other in half way. I love how everything goes in that season so far and I can't wait for today's episode.

• Like 2

Oh, Holly, don't you know that the only science that counts is the one Sheldon does and the one that comes out of Sheldon's mouth and only if it's physics? The boys playing with lasers is science. neuroscience isn't. 

ETA: Btw, I CALLED it ;)

That monkey is the creepiest looking thing ever. I hope it's a prop or just the shot that makes it look funny. So happy to see lab scenes again.

eta: I'll give each of you guys 10 cents for each person that is going to complain about the fact that there's no science in this episode despite the fact that the experiment they're going to show Amy run on the monkey (albeit with a few artistic licenses) is an actual test used to study fear conditioning and response to social stimuli in primates.

eta2: Wait. That is stupid of me. Why would I give away money? LOL! How about we all get 10 cents?

Edited by koops
  • Like 3

Oh, Holly, don't you know that the only science that counts is the one Sheldon does and the one that comes out of Sheldon's mouth and only if it's physics? The boys playing with lasers is science. neuroscience isn't. 

Silly me, I must've cracked a fruity and forgotten that just because the term "neuroscience" has the word "science" in it doesn't actually mean it's science.

The word "science" has lost its meaning to me now. Is it even a word?  Science, science, science...

Silly me, I must've cracked a fruity and forgotten that just because the term "neuroscience" has the word "science" in it doesn't actually mean it's science.

The word "science" has lost its meaning to me now. Is it even a word?  Science, science, science...

Oh if you start arguing for the meaning of words, then we get into philosophy and all those hippy dippy subjects. The Humanities! Focus on the whiteboards, Holly, that's all that matters. 

• Like 2

Oh if you start arguing for the meaning of words, then we get into philosophy and all those hippy dippy subjects. The Humanities! Focus on the whiteboards, Holly, that's all that matters. 

Only on the whiteboards!  Absobloodylutely

• Like 1

I love this thread... another great thread created by Holly  :give_rose:

Those 5 episodes  in this season were really great and I must say that s7 began promising for me, especially I love love LOVE our little moth ( I would say butterfly!) , little lady  beautiful Dr. Fowler and her flame handsome Dr. Cooper who can't stand a moment without her.. and it shows how much she draws him to herself.  It was always like that, and he always more or less couldn't stand without her but it so visible in this season. Oh Shelly you love her and you know it...I love that moment when she called him jerk to put him in line, and when he came to her in the night because he couldn't stop thinking about her, and that moment with moth and flame in cafeteria. I love that she can put him in line when it is needed, that she can understand him, and that she is always honest with him, and supports him the most. She knows him so well and it is beautiful. I hope that it will bring us something wonderful between Sheldon and Amy.

I agree!!! I loved it when he called her little moth and little lady!! I just melt when I hear the Dr.Fowler/Dr.Cooper exchange!!! <3 <3

I know many people think that the fifth episode was the weakest one but it was my favourite!! It seemed like an episode with heavy couple plot but there was also Amy and her experiment(best scene for me and I love seeing Amy in science action!!) and the laser experiment and the scene with Sheldon and the monkey was one of the funniest so far in all seasons!!So there was couple plot(and good Shamy which is important for me),science and fun.That is why I loved it.

So far there isn't a single episode that I didn't like. My least favourite was the first one but still it was a very good episode!!

As for Howard and Raj I like their scenes so far. I liked very much their scene when they were grabbing each other's chests that was funny unlike that scene when Howard made that creepy kissing device.

• Like 2

I agree!!! I loved it when he called her little moth and little lady!! I just melt when I hear the Dr.Fowler/Dr.Cooper exchange!!! <3 <3

I know many people think that the fifth episode was the weakest one but it was my favourite!! It seemed like an episode with heavy couple plot but there was also Amy and her experiment(best scene for me and I love seeing Amy in science action!!) and the laser experiment and the scene with Sheldon and the monkey was one of the funniest so far in all seasons!!So there was couple plot(and good Shamy which is important for me),science and fun.That is why I loved it.

So far there isn't a single episode that I didn't like. My least favourite was the first one but still it was a very good episode!!

As for Howard and Raj I like their scenes so far. I liked very much their scene when they were grabbing each other's chests that was funny unlike that scene when Howard made that creepy kissing device.

yeah I feel the same way....agree those moment you mentioned between Sheldon and Amy are my favorite too <3 and it was so good seeing Amy in her lab in action you're right and  really really want Amy centric episode.. so much

• Like 1

Besides the amazin' monkey scene with Sheldon in Amy's lab, I think my next favorite quirky Sheldon moment is in the scavenger epi when him and Penny are together and she comes across the map coordinates behind the poster.  It's very quick, but his face when he memorizes those numbers was spot on, because that's exactly how AdorkablyMe looks when she memorizes long numbers!   It's hilarious :girldance:

• Like 1

There HAS to be an Amy centric episodecand maybe a Bernie centric one. It is nice when they take the same attention as the original cast. And I would like more science from Bernie too. I liked very much that science brought Amy and Bernie closer and it is adorable when they talk science and Penny doesn't get it(though her phone is as smart as them - she is so cute!!)

• Like 3

That phone thing was hilarious! She was so proud of her prank. I also found it funny how monoamine oxdiase enzyme rolled off so easily on Amy's tongue and not on Penny's :p