The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollyAndOatmeal

Awesome Season 7

It seems like it will be my favorite season. There are a couple of annoying lines here and there but the main direction is very good.

Science - check

monkeys - check

Shamy evolving - check

Shamy weird couple mode - check

whole gang interactions - check

Badass S4 Amy Farrah Fowler - check

Girls in science - check

Bernie and microbiology - check

Sheldon and physics - check

Raj and Howard weird gay-like interactions - check

Lenny new stable couple spirit - check

Raj and Stuart - check

Beverly Hofdstater - check

Beverly/Amy or Sheldon's mother/Amy interaction - to do

Shamy joined science project - to do

SIK - to do

Bawwy Kwipke appearence - to do

Leslie Winkle appearence - to do

Zachary Quinto/ William Shatner guest star - to do

more informations about Amy's past/family - to do

Bazinga ! - to do

Edited by Redrose
  • Like 1

Besides the amazin' monkey scene with Sheldon in Amy's lab, I think my next favorite quirky Sheldon moment is in the scavenger epi when him and Penny are together and she comes across the map coordinates behind the poster.  It's very quick, but his face when he memorizes those numbers was spot on, because that's exactly how AdorkablyMe looks when she memorizes long numbers!   It's hilarious :girldance:

WHAT

Unfortuantley Geology isin't a real Science lol ;) S7 has been awesome so far, I know their are some who hate the relationship aspect of the show, but if you watch S1 Howard being creepy, Leonard being submissive, Penny being trapped and isolated, Sheldon being patronising, Raj being nice then a douche when he's drunk e.t.c. If all this stuff were still hapening, and no one was in a relationship, and their was no Amy and Bernadette, most likely it would be labeled as a self indulgent, and very self narciscistic show, it would be in a constant state of homeostasis.

And the show would fade into oblivion by S3, look at Taahm it never evolved beyond it's initial premese, Jake got older and the show crashed into a wall, Charlie Sheen was under the influence at front of the wheel lol. So regardless of your personal preferances for the show, the reason why the show since Season Four has started getting recognition from the industry, is how the show has evolved from it's initial premise but still maintaining the core premise of the show, and it's charm.

I think ppl in general who have a pre-disposistion when it comes to the tbbt & other shows, "oh it was better in the first four seasons", you hear it all the time, in all show's even Friend's started to plataue off after Six Seasons. It's not just with tbbt, it happend with every show. I think it's nostalgia, people like thing's to be constant and reliable I do too I hate change. But to me what set's apart tbbt from all comedies on air today, and put's it up their with the echelons of the greats, like Friends for example, is its ability to change with the time's, the writers understood without the people and the relationships in their lives, they woulden't be the character's that have made this show such a huge hit. They would be just archecatures's of themself's, as much as a novelty as their unopened comic book's, the show over time would lose it's authenticity.

Change is the only constant, as much as I love 1-3 it was only their to serve a purpose, the show has evolved from this cute show don't get me wrong, but really a show about eggheads and their hottie neighbour Penny, if the show remained like that it would of hit a wall pretty fast, I am one of the ppl who doseen't beleive the characters have been compromised by the relationships at all, the core of these characters remain, just less subtle and refined seeing they have grown olderish and wiser, just look at Penny.

But it has transformed into this addictive ensemble peice, let's be honest if the writer's diddn't know how to adapt the show over time, tbbt woulden't be the tbbt ;). As for S7 im loving it, I have watched since S1, became a fan by S3 this season has more of a balance, it's returning to it's nerdy root's, that's what I mean that progressing the relationships were a neccessary part of evolving the show, the characters haven't changed that much, they have just made slight alterations in their relationships that have effected their self actulization just ask Penny.

It's funny if Sheldon is not doing a 5 min rant about Science, or an experiment theirs this perception theirs a lack of Science in the show. Which is not really true, it exists more in the story arcs and plots of the eps, in 5 & 6 it was more diminished in the dialogue, but your seeing that dialogue returning gradually this season, besides I was under the impression Leonard was the king.of the nerds :).

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

I love this thread almost as much as I love s7 so far!  (Thanks, Holly, for creating the thread.)  My favorite moments so far from s7 are Bernie walking in on Raj and Howard grabbing each other's chests, Sheldon and Betsy the monkey having the same reactions to photos, Howard and Amy connecting, Leonard's conversation with his mother, the way Penny said "team community college night school is IN THE LEAD!", and Sheldon trying to act like he didn't miss Leonard.  I also loved how, in the first couple of episodes, Amy and Penny just smiled like Sheldon's antics were endearing rather than annoying.

• Like 4

This is how much I love season 7.

I love Raj. I LOVE RAJ! Aside from him making a hot Cat Woman (he really does look like Halle Berry) and "The Eye of Tiger" with Sheldon, he's just never been my favorite.

H/B is going through the post/honeymoon "what the crap did I get myself into?" stage. Love it.

Lenny has had some sweetness, it would be nice to have a little more couple stuff. Maybe to have a little war with Howard and Bernadette over something and fight them as a team! And lose with honor. Bernadette's a maniac and Howard can bring the crazy eyes.

I have no complaints about the Shamy. I don't want to predict where they are going with it, but I am glad Amy's standing up for herself and that Sheldon is experiencing big boy feelings in his heart and perhaps... in his pants. And I love that they are both bringing the science.

• Like 1

OMG yes! RAJ! For me too he has been the one that I was always less interested in, but I absolutely love him this season! He is so much better when he organizes games for his friends and hangs out with Howard and Stuart rather than moping over being miserable and alone. He is a total delight so far, I hope they keep it up with him. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 1

I love this thread almost as much as I love s7 so far!  (Thanks, Holly, for creating the thread.)  My favorite moments so far from s7 are Bernie walking in on Raj and Howard grabbing each other's chests, Sheldon and Betsy the monkey having the same reactions to photos, Howard and Amy connecting, Leonard's conversation with his mother, the way Penny said "team community college night school is IN THE LEAD!", and Sheldon trying to act like he didn't miss Leonard.  I also loved how, in the first couple of episodes, Amy and Penny just smiled like Sheldon's antics were endearing rather than annoying.

"I thought we were the Lightening Sharks!"  LOL!!

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1

Just added to my list of favorite s7 moments...the Bernadette song.  Hilarious and unbelievably sweet at the same time.  Awwww!

• Like 1

I think the season started out better than last, although it has continued to get stronger and stronger.  The third episode was the start of all the best episodes so far of the season and tonight was amazing!  It was so well done.  Howard was fabulous, Penny was so sweet how she tried so hard to romance Leonard, but just her being herself and keeping his keepsakes was all it took to romance him, and then the near kiss with Shamy and Sheldon and his accidental success...it was all excellent.   So many feels!

I cried!  I had no idea a Howie song could be so sweet and moving.

I had no idea you could be crying and still be so beautiful! :girlhide:

• Like 2

That song was so sweet! My husband got all the science references and assured me, it was not only touching, it was SCIENCE!

Also we are Wheddonites, So the part about Joss got a big cheer.

It was a great episode.

• Like 2

Where's the science? Did I miss something? Or do you mean the last 8 seconds of the last episode (laser experiment)? ;)

The science. Try looking at Dr. Saltzberg’s blog http://thebigblogtheory.wordpress.com/

He is talking about the science in S7 e1 and e3. I'm hoping he will add one for e6 where Sheldon was obsessing over a new element.

Howard's song to Bernadette had some references to science. My personal favorite was the reference to changing electrical and magnetic fields being inseparable.

Have a look at

Bernadette is in isolation as a precaution as she might have been exposed to a pathogen she was working on.

And of course the addiction studies are science. The monkey is cute but there is science going on.

Looking at the episode guide at http://www.locatetv.com/tv/big-bang-theory/episode-guide up to episode 7 (where it starts as of today's date) I am seeing science mentioned in the very short descriptions of episodes 7, 6 and 5. Actually the description for ep5 only mentions that Amy will be working at "his university" but it is an addiction study she works on (science).

Dr. Saltzberg’s blog has something to say about the science behind episode 3 and 1. So there is the science if you open your eye's.

If there were no science I might loose interest in TBBT; it is there.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

The science. Try looking at Dr. Saltzberg’s blog http://thebigblogtheory.wordpress.com/

He is talking about the science in S7 e1 and e3. I'm hoping he will add one for e6 where Sheldon was obsessing over a new element.

Howard's song to Bernadette had some references to science. My personal favorite was the reference to changing electrical and magnetic fields being inseparable.

Have a look at

Bernadette is in isolation as a precaution as she might have been exposed to a pathogen she was working on.

And of course the addiction studies are science. The monkey is cute but there is science going on.

Looking at the episode guide at http://www.locatetv.com/tv/big-bang-theory/episode-guide up to episode 7 (where it starts as of today's date) I am seeing science mentioned in the very short descriptions of episodes 7, 6 and 5. Actually the description for ep5 only mentions that Amy will be working at "his university" but it is an addiction study she works on (science).

Dr. Saltzberg’s blog has something to say about the science behind episode 3 and 1. So there is the science if you open your eye's.

If there were no science I might loose interest in TBBT; it is there.

So glad to see the stuff on Saltzberg's blog--I love that he not only talks about the passing references but then takes it a step further.

"You even teach me stuff about words and numbers!" ;)

• Like 2

I think theirs more balance in S7 then their has been in the past, I think some critics have critisized the show in the past for being to niche or safe, but theirs a lot more diversity I have seen in BBT this year then in the past, and the characterization and writing is a lot more refines. It's funny peoples normal pre-disposition is to say the show was better in the first three seasons, because now when I go back in watching it, I find the premise in the first 3 and the characters were more shallow and superficial in their relationships and the situations they got into, less then they were later on post Season 4. When I do watch it I want Penny to more open with her emotions, and tell Leonard honestly what she wants from their relationship, and be more affectionate. She is doing all this stuff Post Season 4, but she never did in S3, she feels too isolated to me. So the overall tone of the show in 1-3 in terms of the dialogue, writing, characterization, progression, story archs e.t.c. Were built around collision of the eggheads world with all their atoms in the right place, but the one thing they diddnt have a clue about was women. And then Penny comes along with all her atoms in the right place and disrupts their entire world, I think the big reason why someone may prefer 1-3, because they prefer too see four lonely nerds still struggle with the social convention, and thats fine depending on your reasons and personal preferances. But for me I find my self enjoying post S4 a lot more, I have enjoyed seeing these nerds mature and have their social awareness mature too, they are no longer as socially inept as they were 1-3, through their experiences and Penny being a big factor, they are no longer nerds but turning into adults and men. Thats the great thing about this show, sitcoms or any other tv shows that go beyond 5 seasons, after a while it just cannot have the same impact it used too, the writers developing the initial premise, and out growing it and made the characters and the shows self-actulization change and be deconstructed.

Penny is no longer defining her happiness and success based on wanting to become a huge movie star, and she is no longer isolated (TBH this change started to occur post S2), Leonard is no longer submissive in his behaviour, he is alot more confident and assertive, Howard no longer is the lonely, creepy nerd who hit on Penny any chance he could haha, even if the writers wanted to go back to "old" Howard, they can't to much character development has been invested into Howard, and TBH I dont think even Howard would want his old self back, sure you could argue he was funnier then and original, but he was also lonely, Bernadette changed his life. Raj is no longer a douche especially when he drinks alcahal, and since getting over talking to women sober he is no longer moping with the "Oh poor me" routine you saw last season, he is actually trying to sort out his life, despite the cultural challenges. Sheldon is probably the most disected character in the series, some prefer 1-3 Sheldon, and some enjoy his character development and how his relationships particularly with Amy has developed his social awareness. But regardless of opinions, I think its a really good thing hes not like he was in 1-3, hes an adult now he couldent go around acting supeior, being a jerk, condesending people with his deadpan, oblivious approach for ever, change is the only constant. Sure comedy wise Sheldon was at his best in those years, and dont get me wrong sometimes I miss Sheldon in his prime so to speak, but I also no to prevent stagnistism, theirs comes a time when the writers need to ask the question, do we want to go backwards or forwards? And I think outgrowing the premise of Sheldon regardless if he has become more comical and humanized since S4 has prevented keeping his character and the show in a rut.

Look at Simpsons the show has not changed one bit in 25 years, and thats the problem, people compliain its same old. I had the fear post S3, if the show as great as it was with the writing and dialogue on the back drop of Science and Geek culture, with Lenny as the heart of it, if that was maintained through out to now, I fear the show may have been cancelled due to the fact most likely they would be going in circles from Season One to Season 3, nothing changing and nothing growing. Because diddnt happen since Season 4 regardless of your personal preferences for the show, it has given the writers more room for improvement, the addition of Amy and Bernadette has added depth to the show, and the characters relationships. Clearly theirs a big issue with the relationship aspect of the show, but I refuse to beleive the TBBT has turned into friends, at times their was a danger but the writers have done a good job at maintaining the charm of the show, while still moving forward.

Penny has matured a lot too thanks too Amy and Bernadette you could argue, Bernadette particualarly has really helped her in her relationship with Leonard, Amy too. So of course their are always going to be people who dislike where the show is at, relationship this science that haha, but the reality the show right now wouldent be where it is today, if the writers diddnt take the risk of developing the relationships within these characters post Season 4, because after all this is not a show about four lonely nerds anymore, its a show about people or even nerds if it fits the context, who are all growing up and through their particular, quirky, nerdy ways they are all navigating life, and Penny is no longer the hot girl next door she is fully integrated in the group, and after everything Lenny has been through it is so good too see the place they are in now, I actually may prefer Lenny to Ross and Rachel, as their relationship is more committed , R and R getting together in the end was too predictable.

So not everyone is always going to be 100 % happy with the show where it is now, but the show is more serialized then it has been in the past, and has a more dramatic grounding. For me personally I love remembering the early seasons, and as the show progresses it is clear the writers are giving fans of those year's it back in doses, while still maintaining the status quo of the show. But from a characterized POV, I enjoy the characters a lot more now; Penny's self actulization changing to her relationships, and now making more adult decisions, Howard all grown up no longer creepy but actually functioning as an adult now, Raj not as culturally challenged as he was and is becoming nice no longer shallow too, Sheldon no longer a social outcast so to speak, as he navigates life he is understanding human emotion is of value to human nature. I think the show still has a while off to even start considering ending it, it has shown no signs of slowing down, which is pretty amazing, I dont want it to overstay its welcome, but it clearly has 3-4 seasons left in it. 

^That was too long for me to read, but I do believe you :yahoo:

I tend to lose a train of thought when posting on this site if I dont post in its entirety haha, TBBT is a very complex show :).

• Like 1