84 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

The Proton Displacement – Sheldon feels slighted when Professor Proton seeks advice from Leonard instead of him, and he seeks revenge by befriending a rival science TV host, Bill Nye. Meanwhile, Raj gets jealous when Howard crashes "girls' night", on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Nov. 7 (8:00 – 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
  • Like 1

This was the absolute BEST episode of the entire series! I never get tired of watching it!

Oops, sorry ... I was obviously referring to the first "Professor Proton" episode ...I can't wait for this one!

Shesh! Another Sheldon gets jealous and seeks revenge episode? I like the father/son dynamic they had with Proton, I hope they don't spoil this.

Shesh! Another Sheldon gets jealous and seeks revenge episode? I like the father/son dynamic they had with Proton, I hope they don't spoil this.

Why would they spoilt it? It's not like the writer's suck at their job or anything haha, and it's not Sheldon hasen't been jealous before, but I cannot remember too many time's that he seek's revenge over it, I am sure it well be an awesome episode as most eps of the tbbt are. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Super excited about this episode Its actually airing on my Birthday!!!  :yahoo:   I love the last episode with Professor Proton that finally got Bob Newhart his much deserved Emmy win.  So I'm looking forward to more and I also watched Bill Nye's run on DWTS it was pretty funny too :laugh: .  My only issue is that my friends and I are going to see Thor 2 Thursday night for my B-day so I will have to miss watching it live. :(  But, its Thor 2/Avengers marathon at my local theater so I think Sheldon and the gang would still approve of this decision LOL.  I'll watch this TBBT episode just as soon as I get home from the marathon even though it'll be super late this one is a can't miss :)

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 2

Super excited about this episode Its actually airing on my Birthday!!!  :yahoo:   I love the last episode with Professor Proton that finally got Bob Newhart his much deserved Emmy win.  So I'm looking forward to more and I also watched Bill Nye's run on DWTS it was pretty funny too :laugh: .  My only issue is that my friends and I are going to see Thor 2 Thursday night for my B-day so I will have to miss watching it live. :(  But, its Thor 2/Avengers marathon at my local theater so I think Sheldon and the gang would still approve of this decision LOL.  I'll watch this TBBT episode just as soon as I get home from the marathon even though it'll be super late this one is a can't miss :)

Happy birthday, Lexi!

This episode is going to be epic.  It's going to be an epic-sode! 

• Like 1

"So is it a trick clock? Or a trick potato?"

Loved the Prof. Proton episode. Can't wait to see Bill Nye & Sheldon Cooper get all evil scientist. :) 

• Like 1

I saw the promo last night. Im disappointed that made a vindictive Sheldon to force bill Nye into the story and didn't continue with the father figure professor proton positively influencing Sheldon maturation. I was touched by professor proton junior and imagined Amy helping prepare for his first children show.......

I saw the promo last night. Im disappointed that made a vindictive Sheldon to force bill Nye into the story and didn't continue with the father figure professor proton positively influencing Sheldon maturation. I was touched by professor proton junior and imagined Amy helping prepare for his first children show.......

I dont see how Proton can exactly help Sheldon with his maturation, they barley know each other. Of course they are going to take this route, its not the first time they have used the Sheldon seeks revenge plot before, they have used the idea before. I think its an interesting concept, Sheldon teaming up with Bill Nye to get one back over Leonard, I dont think Sheldon taking over Proton's show was a very real possiblity, maybe just a throw away joke for that episode. Maybe in the future when they have more time to explore that. But this wasent about that I am sure they could explore that later down the road, but this was a completely seperate storyline, besides I dont think Proton was that keen on Sheldon taking over his show and doing a junior one, he was actually annoyed when he visited him in hospital, I am not surprised he is teaming up with Leonard they actually hit it off more, he did tell him he is the real genius ;).

I agree with 3ku11 in that I don't think the original Proton episode had anything to do with Sheldon maturing--in fact, it was essentially about him kind of regressing to his childhood self, reliving his experiences with watching Proton by bringing him to the apartment.

Proton was clearly uncomfortable with all of Sheldon's adoration and invasion of his space, etc.

I also think that Proton, Jr thing wasn't necessarily something they would have followed up on.  Though, as I recall, Newhart is slated to be in at least one more episode at some point, so we could yet see Sheldon trying to be Proton, Jr.  I can imagine how disastrous such an undertaking could become. :p

At any rate, I just want to see how this plays out.

• Like 1

Stardustmelody thanks for the promo!!!! Sheldon looks so proud when he introduces Amy as his girlfriend!!!And they are so happy to see professor Proton!!! They are so cute next to each other!!!! <3

• Like 1

Stardustmelody thanks for the promo!!!! Sheldon looks so proud when he introduces Amy as his girlfriend!!!And they are so happy to see professor Proton!!! They are so cute next to each other!!!! <3

You are welcome.   I agree that he is so proud and truly adores that Professor Proton is getting to meet his favorite person in the world, his girlfriend, Amy.  I love how Sheldon has been so happy telling people she is his girlfriend this season. It is like he wants to shout it off rooftops.  It is precious.

A single grandmother may be MEEMAA!!! Think about it!!!!!

Now this would be an interesting prospect.  I doubt they would go there, but boy, it certainly could open up some very interesting storyline.   They are going to have to figure out something pretty creative for the third episode that Bob is supposed to return and do.   Why not that?  They seem to love to bring him on the show so why not give him a better connection than being a TV scientist....hmm....and we would get to see Meemaw finally!

• Like 2

I wonder why proton appears unhappy to see Sheldon? Sheldon was perfectly pleasant to him the last time we saw him

I think that he kind of tolerated Sheldon and his adulation, but they didn't become best friends or anything.

I think the speculation is that proton needs Leonard's help in particular. Or maybe Proton finds Leonard more "normal" to work with.