84 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I wonder why proton appears unhappy to see Sheldon? Sheldon was perfectly pleasant to him the last time we saw him

I wouldent say Sheldon was perfectly pleasent, In Sheldon's own unique way I am sure he felt he was being, but I think Proton tolerated a lot of Sheldons behaviour, and suppressed a lot of Sheldons annoying traits. It's not that Proton is a judgemental person, but theirs always that person who you would rather just prefer to hide behind the door before they leave haha, and Sheldon is one of those people. I think Leonard was not as adulated as Sheldon was, so it woulden't be as complicating to work with Leonard as it would with Sheldon, Sheldon was pretty in his face last time around, I agree too Leonard is probably more normal to work with. Also I think maybe Leonard's expereince on his Hawkins Expedition is in particular what Proton needs, so its nothing personal againgst Sheldon, but Sheldon forever the antagonist. 

Edited by 3ku11

Nice article about Bob and Bill Nye from Today.com

"Bob Newhart returns to 'Big Bang' with Bill Nye the Science Guy as his archnemesis"

http://www.today.com/entertainment/bob-newhart-returns-big-bang-bill-nye-science-guy-his-8C11497829

I found this statement from the article interesting:

"That’s right—“Big Bang” fans, there’s a double treat in this week’s “The Proton Displacement” which explores Professor Proton’s enduring bitterness with his rival, Bill Nye the Science Guy (playing himself), why Leonard and Sheldon became friends, and forces Sheldon to confront a hard truth about himself."

• Like 3

Nice article about Bob and Bill Nye from Today.com

"Bob Newhart returns to 'Big Bang' with Bill Nye the Science Guy as his archnemesis"

http://www.today.com/entertainment/bob-newhart-returns-big-bang-bill-nye-science-guy-his-8C11497829

I found this statement from the article interesting:

"That’s right—“Big Bang” fans, there’s a double treat in this week’s “The Proton Displacement” which explores Professor Proton’s enduring bitterness with his rival, Bill Nye the Science Guy (playing himself), why Leonard and Sheldon became friends, and forces Sheldon to confront a hard truth about himself."

Thanks for sharing--that's a really nice article.

OMG ... I LOVED THIS EPISODE!

Professor Proton didn't disappoint!

This was laugh -out-loud funny ... Best episode of the season (I can see why they saved it for Sweeps).

And it was nice having a break from the sappy "relationship" story lines.

This was just wonderful ... Sign me (this week at least)

"Big Bang Cheery"

:-)

• Like 2

Grade: A+

This was indeed a laugh out loud funny episode one of the best episodes of the season (I can also see why they saved it for Sweeps even though they have been going on for a week as of today). 

And In addition to his restraining orders from Stan Lee, Carl Sagan, and Leonard Nimoy, Sheldon now has a restraining order from Bill Nye the Science Guy. 

And also did anyone else notice that Professor Proton lives at Stan Lee's house or is it just me?
  • Like 1

Yes, my husband also noticed that Professor Proton lives at Stan Lee's house, lol. 

I really enjoyed this one... many, many laughs.  My favorite parts: when Sheldon ran Amy out the door by saying "I'm annoying" and when Leonard attempted to tell Prof Proton why he and Sheldon are friends.  And, the parts with Raj and Howard were also good (the belt buckles!  lol).

The only thing I didn't like about this one was the fact that Penny of "penny blossoms" from season 2 didn't know how to put together jewelry or use glue?  What? And, why was she trying to use glue when beading necklaces and bracelets?  Is it just me, or did this not make any sense?

But other than that, I loved it.  Bob Newhart had some awesome lines!

Edited by BazingaFan
  • Like 1

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

funny episode and I loved both Leonard saying how much he also needs Sheldon and Raj & Howard's sweet moment. Newhart was the best part of the episode and although I really wish Bill Nye had more screen-time, still, it worked well :)

• Like 1

My god, could they make Penny seem stupider? The Penny in this episode made Zac seem smart! The only thing they didn't do was have her think (DELETED).... oh, Wait!

Dude, take down your comment.  This is a spoiler-free thread.

Awesome episode.  It was definitely a laugh out loud half hour.

Bob Newhart was in epic, post emmy winning excellence!

Leonard was so sweet in describing why he's friends with Sheldon.  Aww...they need each other.

Awesome episode.  It was definitely a laugh out loud half hour.

Bob Newhart was in epic, post emmy winning excellence!

Leonard was so sweet in describing why he's friends with Sheldon.  Aww...they need each other.

I know.  So much of the time, their relationship is Leonard being exasperated with Sheldon.  I love when they show how deep the friendship really is.

• Like 2

Such a good episode.  Loved the touching conversation with Leonard/PP about Sheldon and even the sweet way PP came back at the end to have Sheldon read his report.  Also loved the pharmacy scene so much and then Amy's line was hilarious.   Finally you had Raj/Howard being so them....and those belt buckles...well what a hoot!  A really funny episode all the way around.

• Like 3

Agree with what most everyone has said. Thought it was a touching moment with Leonard talking about Sheldon to Proton. Raj/Howard buckles was hilarious. I think what made the show even better was a week off with no relationship issues with the three couples.