84 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I enjoyed the episode.  I thought Newhart was pretty funny.  I liked his interaction with Sheldon.  However, I thought the discussion that he had with Leonard was the best part of the show.  I did not care for the way that Penny was portrayed in this episode.

• Like 1

BACK OFF, BOWTIE!  This was a great episode all around.  I get why some people didn't take a liking to the "Penny can't use a glue gun" story, but I found the physical aspect of it hilarious!

More of Raj in his Koothrapanties thrusting his hips with that light saber belt buckle, please!

When Amy made the revelation that Raj and Howard were to have sex before her and Sheldon do was so funny! Especially since Howie's own wife didn't seem to disagree with the statement.  That bromance is so amazin'.

• Like 3

Another excellent episode!

- I liked how the writers showed a little into why Leonard puts up with Sheldon & why Sheldon acts the way he does through Leonard's eyes.

- I cracked up when Amy in frustration blurted out that she just knew Howard & Raj would have sex together before her and Sheldon!

- I loved how Dr. Proton took what Leonard said about Sheldon to heart and came and offered to let Sheldon read his paper. Of course typical Sheldon had already read it by hacking his computer!

- I also love Dr.Proton's infatuation with Penny to the point of asking if she has any grandmas! :)

All and all a real good episode on all fronts IMO! :)

• Like 4

When Amy made the revelation that Raj and Howard were to have sex before her and Sheldon do was so funny! Especially since Howie's own wife didn't seem to disagree with the statement.  That bromance is so amazin'.

Yeah, it was a bit of a "bromance" episode, wasn't it?  Sheldon-Leonard, Howard-Raj.

• Like 1

Yeah, it was a bit of a "bromance" episode, wasn't it?  Sheldon-Leonard, Howard-Raj.

Yea it was a good reminder that we care just as much about the bromances as any other couple on the show.

Yea it was a good reminder that we care just as much about the bromances as any other couple on the show.

I agree.  And, I'm finding that I just love Sheldon and his need to connect with Professor Proton.  I really hope we see their relationship grow even further.

Edited by BazingaFan
  • Like 1

Excellent episode!  Newhart was fantastic as always. Could have used a little more from Bill Nye. Liked Amy walking out on Sheldon rather than come out and say that he's annoying.  Liked Leonard's explanation of why he's friends with Sheldon. Liked Fu-UN. Could be another Emmy for Newhart.

The only line I didn't like was one that most people seem to love - "they'll have sex before me and Sheldon". A few seasons ago it seemed that every episode was required to have a lesbian comment from Amy. This season it seems that every episode is going to have a "Sheldon won't have sex with me" line.  Just a small quibble on a great episode.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm not sure why people found what amy said about raj and howard to be funny, its something the writers need to stop because its going to make her look way too needy for coitus with sheldon when she's so not ready for it

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 2

Excellent episode!! I really laughed a lot with this episode! I loved the stuff with Raj and Howard at the end. Classic stuff!! Raj is so clueless and Howard looked angry!

Edited by BillF63

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Yeah I'm not sure why people found what amy said about raj and howard to be funny, its something the writers need to stop because its going to make her look way too needy for coitus with sheldon when she's so not ready for it

is not what she said it was her delivery. She didn't sound bitter or angry about it, it was just a funny remark that even Bernadette followed. I mean of course she doesn't really think so, neither does Bernadette, but it was a funny punchline,

Now, if she would have said it looking sad or bitter or angry it would be a different story but that's not how that line was delivered so I'm ok with it.

Also, she said "before Sheldon and I do" not "they are gonna have sex and Sheldon and I are never gonna do it". Again, even within the joke, she is still being optimistic LOL

Edited by Sursonica
  • Like 4

I liked almost everything about the show. There were a lot of funny lines, and as always Howard and Raj's interactions were priceless. Raj's line at the end about "swordfight" was incredible. I also liked how Simon can go from laugh out funny to sensitive in a second. The only part I didn't like was when Sheldon repeated to both Amy and Prof. Proton " say it, say it, say it". I mean I understand it,but didn't like it that much. The other part I didn't like was that they made Penny look stupid (again) in the scene with the glue. I wish they'd stop that (using the term veeeeeeery loosely) "character arc"

I loved this episode--lots of funny bits, and I liked that Sheldon's trying to pit Bill Nye against Prof Proton didn't really turn into a big rivalry.  It might have been nice to see more actual interaction with Nye and Newhart, but I think I'm glad that that wasn't really the focus, that the focus stayed more on getting into understanding the various relationships.

I think this episode fits with the earlier idea of mixing up or looking into the different relationships in the gang, not just the couples, but the other aspects of all the friendships.  We gain some insight into Leonard's understanding of Sheldon and their friendship, we see Raj's feelings about hanging out with the girls and even his bond with Howard--and Howard's ability to understand Raj's needs, and we also got a little Shamy in there, but mostly focused on Amy trying to help Sheldon see how he can come on too strong and Sheldon understanding that he can be annoying, and then being annoying in that understanding. :biggrin:

I know some people had quibbles about Penny and the glue, that her glue issues didn't seem to fit with the girl who was cranking out Penny Blossoms.

The way I see it, it all depends on what you're trying to do.  I've made lots of different crafts with lots of different materials and just because you can do one thing easily doesn't mean you're never going to get into the kind of mess she had.

Squirting a dab of hot glue on a barrette is different from other kinds of glue use.  If you're working with some other kind of glue (that wasn't hot glue on her fingers, I guarantee you that!) and having to use your fingers to stick stuff together, you can easily get it all over you--if you've got a blob of it in a tray or whatever.

Like I said, I've done lots of crafts with all kinds of glue, including hot glue, and I still managed to give myself a pretty bad burn--dropped a blob of hot glue on my bare thigh and then tried to wipe it off with my fingers and burned my fingers as well.  And I knew it was about to happen just as the glue was dripping off the tip of the glue gun.

So, I'm not surprised that she might not be all that great at whatever particular project she was working on in that messy glue moment.

Anyway, overall a GREAT episode with plenty of great laughs.  I loved Raj's wonderfully clueless lightsaber belt buckles.  My first thought was that the one he gave Howard looked a little too much like a penis, but then I almost died when he revealed his own buckle and then started "fighting" with it.

I wonder how many takes it took to get through that without either of them cracking up!

Bob Newhard was just fantastic.  The only thing I wondered was that they didn't reference Sheldon filling in as Proton Jr from last time. :p

I thought the line was funny ...BUT ...I agree that the whole whiny "Why won't my asexual boyfriend have sex with me?" theme Is getting REALLY old. Frankly, I wish she and Raj would hook up ... they share the same needs. Sheldon needs to be who he is without being constantly badgered into becoming something he's not.

It makes me dislike Amy ...

and I really am sick of her leering after Penny. I'm glad that seems to have been downplayed this season (so far).

First of all, Sheldon isn't asexual.  Never has been.

And Amy hasn't "whined" about it at all.  She asked him outright and got a straight answer and understands what his issues are.  I think they came to an understanding at the end of last season and she has been patient with him.

Her line about Howard and Raj was a joke that she can say herself because she isn't insecure about it.  She has made jokes about it when Sheldon says something that can be interpreted that way, but she knows that he has no idea that he's just said something like that--"Sheldon Cooper does not 'get lucky'!"  He isn't talking at all about his sex life and she knows it, but she catches the phrase "get lucky" and makes a joke at her own expense simply because it strikes her funny.

And she isn't trying to turn him into something he's not.  He's the one who asked her to be his girlfriend, not the other way around.

And Amy hasn't "leered" at Penny since sometime in S5, as I recall.  Amy's adulation for Penny was part of her delayed adolescence and admiration for the kind of girl Amy wanted to look like or be like (in terms of popularity, etc.) in some ways and being the inappropriate person that she often is, she would just blurt out odd things.

But now that Amy has come into her own more and more and grown in self-confidence (socially), she's gotten past that.

I don't know what show you've been watching, but you clearly have your mindset stuck somewhere else.

• Like 4

I know some people had quibbles about Penny and the glue, that her glue issues didn't seem to fit with the girl who was cranking out Penny Blossoms.

The way I see it, it all depends on what you're trying to do.  I've made lots of different crafts with lots of different materials and just because you can do one thing easily doesn't mean you're never going to get into the kind of mess she had.

Squirting a dab of hot glue on a barrette is different from other kinds of glue use.  If you're working with some other kind of glue (that wasn't hot glue on her fingers, I guarantee you that!) and having to use your fingers to stick stuff together, you can easily get it all over you--if you've got a blob of it in a tray or whatever.

Like I said, I've done lots of crafts with all kinds of glue, including hot glue, and I still managed to give myself a pretty bad burn--dropped a blob of hot glue on my bare thigh and then tried to wipe it off with my fingers and burned my fingers as well.  And I knew it was about to happen just as the glue was dripping off the tip of the glue gun.

I agree that it's easy to get glue on your fingers. But, why would she need glue in the first place to string beads?  I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but that scene was forced, set up to make her look stupid.  There were tubes of glue around her but no one else was using it because there was no need for it.  They were stringing beads, and using pliers to fit the clasps around fishing line (which is how it's usually done).

The point about the penny blossoms is that she has demonstrated in the past that she has a crafty side.  She made those barrettes herself before Sheldon ever helped her with it.  In this episode she was holding up earrings from Target because, obviously, she can't handle making jewelry because she's not as crafty as the others?  It makes no sense given her history.

• Like 1

I agree that it's easy to get glue on your fingers. But, why would she need glue in the first place to string beads?  I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but that scene was forced, set up to make her look stupid.  There were tubes of glue around her but no one else was using it because there was no need for it.  They were stringing beads, and using pliers to fit the clasps around fishing line (which is how it's usually done).

The point about the penny blossoms is that she has demonstrated in the past that she has a crafty side.  She made those barrettes herself before Sheldon ever helped her with it.  In this episode she was holding up earrings from Target because, obviously, she can't handle making jewelry because she's not as crafty as the others?  It makes no sense given her history.

If she was using glue, she obviously wasn't doing the same project that the others were doing--maybe she was trying to make a pendant by gluing stones to a form or something like that.  I don't think it realy matters and I don't think it's a matter of stupidity.

As I pointed out before, the Penny Blossoms were pretty simple--a dab of hot glue to stick the flower to the barrette backing, and then another dab of glue for the glitter, etc.  You wouldn't be touching the glue with your hands.

But if you're trying to glue small stones or whatever, to some kind of form or backing, it could be easy to get it on your hands, and then spread it from one finger to the next--and it also looked like she stuck her arm in the glue at one point (the bit about the pistachio)

I don't think it makes her look stupid, maybe just a little clumsy at this one particular project.  Like I said, you can be good at one thing, but not necessarily good at something else.  And I think that part of it was just joking between her and Amy and Bernie.

And the thing with the earrings from Target could be that she wasn't as interested in working that hard at all the beading or glueing or whatever.  She was more interested in the "hair diamonds". :p

I just watched the episode and although it wasn't my favourite of the season so far I really enjoyed it. There were many funny lines that made me laugh but I think that the stories weren't so much fun as they were sweet. The episode left me with the impression that it had to do with the characters evolving than with a really funny story.

Of course there were funny moments like the one on the Pharmacy!! Amy's line for the shoes was hilarious and the way Mayim moved made me laugh so much!!!! And I loved Sheldon he looked so proud because his girlfriend really did dress like a celebrity LOL!!!!!!!!!! He had that wide smile on his face!!!! And PP line ''I get it now'' that was funny too!! Plus we got to remember why those two are two of a kind!!! More quirky Shamy pleaseeeee!!!!!!!!!!

And the scene with Sheldon sulking because PP didn't ask him to read his paper!! And when he called him a pervert!!!!!!!! That was a LOL moment too!!! Just like his Big 3 faces and Amy's sweet facial responses!!!!!Hahahaha!!!Amy was so sweet when she tried to make him understand that he can be annoying but she didn't want to hurt his feelings. Plus I think Amy mst of the times finds him delightful rather than annoying so she couldn't brign herself to tell him.. I enjoyed both Jim and Mayim at that scene. It was funny to see Sheldon running right behind Amy and her trying to escape. So, Sheldon is indeed growing up this season and it is obvious. He took it so well when Amy pointed out that maybe it was his fault that PP didn't chose him. At a certain point of season 6 she would have made his mortal enemies list with a comment like that!!! But not only he acknowledged that he is annoying but he tried to do something about it!!! I mean it wasn't the wisest thing to show up at his door at 7.30 but he tried to make it right without blame everything to others.

Best part of the episode was Leonard explaining why he is friends with Sheldon and why he loves him. I also liked it very much that it didn't came out as ''I'm the hero who puts up with the annoying guy'' but he mentioned that he too needs Sheldon in his life!! And it was really really sweet that he stressed out Sheldon's good qualities even though he was ''describing a dog''.. Actually that could be a  compliment because Sheldon is loyal and even if he doesn't want to admit it he has a loving character (he called Leonard on 7x02 his ''good buddy'' ). And as it seems Leonard really moved PP because he made a real effort and he gave Sheldon a chance and Sheldon behaved very very well!!!!

The photo with Sheldon and Bill Nye was hysterical really!!!! I love Jim's expressions and body language!!! Did anybody noticed that the pained expression he had because his tea was too hot when he was sitting with Amy?? That was adorable!!!

Yes that episode was a bromance episode and it was about time we had Leonard-Sheldon bromance back but I think that Raj made it really clear that he is ok with the way he is. Back on season 6 he was so unhappy when Lucy called him feminine but now he doesn't care anymore he is ok with his masculinity!! I liked his casual talking with Amy. They both came a long way to succed that kind of communication. I felt sad for Raj when Howard crashed girl's night (the jew line was funny!!) but I have to admit that Penny's laughing to Howard's comments was worth it!! They really are friends now!!!! That's nice!! But Raj knows how a girl makes a scene (so much for feeling sad for Raj LOL) and he made Howard understand that he hurts him sometimes. Simon nailed the episode and has some really funny lines!!!!

Personally I found Amy's line ''they are going to have sex before me and Sheldon'' really funny.. I admit that I too believe that the lines showing Amy's sexual frustration really have to stop. But as someone said it was delivered very good and then there was Bernies reaction and it didn't seem to me as frustration. More like Amy reaching a point when she really can make fun of the situation without feeling bitter or neclegted or anything. It was just an observation and to be honest Raj and Howard was the very first couple of the show I'm surprised they didn't have sex even before Penny and Leonard!!

What I didn't like was the way they make Penny look stupid. I mean the line Amy said about how can't you use the glue was quite funny and an evidence that she is way past her girl crush on Penny but Penny isn't that stupid!!! She has evolved!!!!!! She even beat Leonard at chess once!! And it didn't have to do with the glue rather than with the way she looked. Another thing I didn't care about was PP liking Penny so much. The single-grandmother thing was good but that's it. I mean at first there was Howard adoring Penny the he got married so Amy had a girl crush we can she she is beautiful and she has other qualities too!! She is loving and funny and so many things!!

So, that was a nice episode and a really sweet one. Despite the funny lines , I personally think that it wasn't the funniest episode and because the main purpose I watch the show is the fact that it makes me laugh it's not the best for me. But that shows how good s7 is!!Even my least favourite episode so far made me laugh so much!!!! Well done to the writers!!!

eta: is it just me or Amy is more and more beautiful as the episodes go by?? She didn't change anything and I don't think I can be more specific about that I just think she seems more beautiful..

Edited by Cecilia
  • Like 2

First of all, Sheldon isn't asexual. Never has been.

And Amy hasn't "whined" about it at all. She asked him outright and got a straight answer and understands what his issues are. I think they came to an understanding at the end of last season and she has been patient with him.

Her line about Howard and Raj was a joke that she can say herself because she isn't insecure about it. She has made jokes about it when Sheldon says something that can be interpreted that way, but she knows that he has no idea that he's just said something like that--"Sheldon Cooper does not 'get lucky'!" He isn't talking at all about his sex life and she knows it, but she catches the phrase "get lucky" and makes a joke at her own expense simply because it strikes her funny.

And she isn't trying to turn him into something he's not. He's the one who asked her to be his girlfriend, not the other way around.

And Amy hasn't "leered" at Penny since sometime in S5, as I recall. Amy's adulation for Penny was part of her delayed adolescence and admiration for the kind of girl Amy wanted to look like or be like (in terms of popularity, etc.) in some ways and being the inappropriate person that she often is, she would just blurt out odd things.

But now that Amy has come into her own more and more and grown in self-confidence (socially), she's gotten past that.

I don't know what show you've been watching, but you clearly have your mindset stuck somewhere else.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to be insulting.

I believe Sheldon is asexual. Even his friends think so ... do you not recall the episode in which Penny asked the guys, "What's Sheldon's deal" and they said they thought he didn't have one?

And yes, Amy had a thing going on for Penny as recently as last season. Remember the $2,000 (originally nude) portrait she had painted of the two of them? Major ick factor goin' on there!

And yes, Amy is whiny. She and Sheldon started off on the same page when they first met, but now her need for physical contact seems to drive her behavior in every other episode.

I stand by everything I wrote.

If she was using glue, she obviously wasn't doing the same project that the others were doing--maybe she was trying to make a pendant by gluing stones to a form or something like that.  I don't think it realy matters and I don't think it's a matter of stupidity.

As I pointed out before, the Penny Blossoms were pretty simple--a dab of hot glue to stick the flower to the barrette backing, and then another dab of glue for the glitter, etc.  You wouldn't be touching the glue with your hands.

But if you're trying to glue small stones or whatever, to some kind of form or backing, it could be easy to get it on your hands, and then spread it from one finger to the next--and it also looked like she stuck her arm in the glue at one point (the bit about the pistachio)

I don't think it makes her look stupid, maybe just a little clumsy at this one particular project.  Like I said, you can be good at one thing, but not necessarily good at something else.  And I think that part of it was just joking between her and Amy and Bernie.

And the thing with the earrings from Target could be that she wasn't as interested in working that hard at all the beading or glueing or whatever.  She was more interested in the "hair diamonds". :p

I was thinking along the same lines on white glue being different than hot glue. I also think there is a difference in that with the blossoms it was her own idea. In this case she might have not been quite so into it as Raj and the others and her mind may have simply wondered off to what she would have rather been doing.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to be insulting.

I believe Sheldon is asexual. Even his friends think so ... do you not recall the episode in which Penny asked the guys, "What's Sheldon's deal" and they said they thought he didn't have one?

And yes, Amy had a thing going on for Penny as recently as last season. Remember the $2,000 (originally nude) portrait she had painted of the two of them? Major ick factor goin' on there!

And yes, Amy is whiny. She and Sheldon started off on the same page when they first met, but now her need for physical contact seems to drive her behavior in every other episode.

I stand by everything I wrote.

Just because Sheldon's friends thought he was asexual doesn't mean that he was.  He hadn't yet come across a woman with whom he clicked until he met Amy.  He hasn't had any need to chase after women the way the other guys do, but that doesn't mean he's asexual.

The painting that Amy got for Penny was sometime in S5 or S4.  We're in S7 now.

You can stand by what you wrote, but that doesn't mean you're right.

I was thinking along the same lines on white glue being different than hot glue. I also think there is a difference in that with the blossoms it was her own idea. In this case she might have not been quite so into it as Raj and the others and her mind may have simply wondered off to what she would have rather been doing.

I suppose I can see where you're coming from if I stretch a little.  But the scene still felt very forced to me when I watched it. 

And, as a side note, no one here is right or wrong.  We have our opinions, we discuss, we debate, but we don't assume to be right over everyone else. 

Just because Sheldon's friends thought he was asexual doesn't mean that he was. He hadn't yet come across a woman with whom he clicked until he met Amy. He hasn't had any need to chase after women the way the other guys do, but that doesn't mean he's asexual.

The painting that Amy got for Penny was sometime in S5 or S4. We're in S7 now.

You can stand by what you wrote, but that doesn't mean you're right.

My apologies ... The Rothman Disintegration did run in season 5, not season 6.

But please understand ... in our assessments of the characters, you are not more "right" than anyone else here. We're all just giving our opinions ... it's that simple.

it's the differences in our interpretations that demonstrate how intelligent a show this is. If we all agreed on everything, then the writers would be doing something wrong.

Peace out ...

I think the Pamy was just a phase, as put so well by annieogly:

Okay, I explained this on another thread, but being the forum's resident real life lesbian who went to an all girls high school I'll explain again.
Adolescent girls get girl crushes, they idolize the 'top' head girl in their school and basically want to do everything with her. They can have romantic feelings too. It's not lesbian at all; eventually they discover boys and that's the end of the girl crush. Amy is going through that phase; she has a massive girl crush on Penny, because she's the cool girl who is including the geeky excluded girl.
All the awkward bicurious comments, especially the kissing scene in the club are very heterosexual; straight girls do this all the time when drunk in bars to excite their boyfriends, as they know it's a favorite male fantasy.
Lesbians in high school keep their straight girl crushes to themselves, they would never say what Amy does, as they know their feelings aren't returned. They suffer in silence, listen to sappy songs & eventually go to university where they find other lesbians and happily date them. They never kiss each other in straight bars to excite men; that's revolting.
The writers know all this; as the one time they depict a lesbian character Lakshmi, she wants a fake marriage with Raj whom she thinks is gay. This satisfies parents and society while allowing them to live their gay lives. And this is absolutely real.
Amy is no lesbian; just an adolescent girl going through a normal phase.