1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

:shok: No need to bring Jesus into it.

Oh, he's used to it. He's been dragged into just about everything for centuries.

• Like 2

Oh, he's used to it. He's been dragged into just about everything for centuries.

You're on fire lately, Lio!  :good:

:censored:

Sorry, DJ. I didn't realize that the subject of Jesus was so important to you. I'll stop.

Pretty sure that wouldn't have any adverse affect on my feelings of my life either, djvang, and I'm actually real.

So, hey, something we agree on! :diablo: <------------- Rare Lionne Lovegood emoticon usage. Just for you. Maybe this'll help bridge the communication gap? More emoticons, Lio, or no one can understand what you mean!

PS. People talk about the characters "lives" all the time. Or say that an actor brings "heart" to the role they play. Or discuss a character's pathos and raison d'être. Do we have to make up a whole other language to make sure we're talking about fictional lives or fictional characters so that the uncharitable types of the world know that you know the difference between real people and characters?

When it's my life, can I call it my LIFE but when I'm talking about Sheldon do I need to type out "his theoretical fictional existence" or come up with the term "fictadocious" or can I just say "Sheldon's f'ing life" and have people know what the hell I'm talking about?

Jesus Tits on a Stick Christ.

I know that most people out here are fully aware that the characters are fictional.  But some of them...... I'm not so sure. :unsure:

I thought it was a good, loved the 'Shelnard' moment when Leonard was talking to PP. Though I am disappointed that there wasn't more of Bill Nye in the episode.

• Like 1

I thought it was a good, loved the 'Shelnard' moment when Leonard was talking to PP. Though I am disappointed that there wasn't more of Bill Nye in the episode.

I agree.  With all the build-up, it would have been nice to see more of him.  My first thought when they said he's now "The Restraining Order Guy" was that he won't return, though upon further reflection these creative writers could come up with a scenario.

• Like 1

Moonbase, I'm not quite sure why you think it's crazy talk to worry about Sheldon dying along, when you commented:

He's not real, remember, so he can't give up on his work, the kid can't outsmart him, he doesn't have dignity. Just like he can't die alone. Everyone here understands that these are fictional characters, yet we all assign different interpretations to their actions. There are other hints, within the show, that usually allow some kind of character continuity to build. You're free to think he's regressed, from his past, based on his actions(and have given examples), as others are free to suggest his future, based on what has happened in the show(and have given reasons).

You have it all wrong. There are too many people answering my post without reading what I was responding too. My post was a quote! It proved that Sheldon in Season 1 has already been through this and was more mature about it.

Edited by Moonbase
  • Like 2

I believe I commented on this episode last week but I am sure that  I forgot to hit send after I was interrupted by a phone call. Anyways I agree with the majority here, and excellent episode this was.

Although I may be old enough to have watched the Bob Newhart Show when it aired live, I never remember doing so. Therefore I can't say I was ever a fan of his nor would I say I'm not.

What I could say though is that his 2 appearances on the Big Bang Theory so far have been PRICELESS. As Adorkably me said in the previous reply, it would have been nice to have seen more of Bill Nye.But what can I say? Bill Nye is a scientist and Newhart is an actor.  Now Stephen Hawking may also be a scientist but he has a great sense of humor and I would have loved to have seen more of him last year.

Bob could just speak one or 2 simple lines, put an expression on his face and he would have me laughing hysterically. Why? Why? Why??? LOL.

Edited by Grasshopper

why was penny having trouble with glue? she had no problem with the pennyblossom's she was making.

Because the writers were being very lazy, went for a one line annnnd, for some odd reason seem hell-bent on regressing the Penny character.

• Like 1

I also thought more of Bill Nye would have been fine. One thing I was wondering though: what exactly does Chuck mean in this episode's vanity card when he speaks of not being 'fornicated'? I'm no native speaker and all the translations I'm coming up with don't make much sense to me even if it's most certainly a play on words/typical weird chuck humour. Thx.

what exactly does Chuck mean in this episode's vanity card when he speaks of not being 'fornicated'? .

Since he is talking about the lack of road repairs, I believe he feels he is not being jostled properly..... Maybe he should consider paying more taxes???

Edited by Disgusted

Well, I've just got to see this being in the UK and that...

Very good indeed, lots of smart one-liners had our house, 'LOL-ing' as you cool young 'un's say.

If anyone can please capture the second of Sheldon's three recognisable traits (the chortle, I believe) ??

Bob Newhart is a genius, I remember The Driving Instructor from my early years....However I wonder if there is only a limited way to go playing an elderly, bewildered randy old git with a prostate problem....oh hang on...

Sorry guys, I know most of you (at least Americans who know him) love Professor Proton...but the 2 episodes with him were a kind of boring for me 80 the only sentence/speech/joke from him I liked in those 2 episodes was the last one, when he says :"happily...?"

Sorry guys, I know most of you (at least Americans who know him) love Professor Proton...but the 2 episodes with him were a kind of boring for me 80 the only sentence/speech/joke from him I liked in those 2 episodes was the last one, when he says :"happily...?"

I used to watch repeats of The Bob Newhart Show, as well as the 1980's sitcom Newhart, all the time back when I was younger, so I quite enjoy Bob Newhart's unique form of deadpan humor, but I get that not everyone is a fan.

Edited by MJPollard