The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Queenfisher

Howard And Bernadette Thread

I'm a Shamy fan, but I really can't believe there's no Howard and Bernadette Thread at all! After episode 6, there should definitely be one!!! I mean you guys gotta admit, that song was the sweetest thing ever!!!

Here's the lyrics:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/10/25/big-bang-theory-howard-song-lyrics/

Edited by Tripper
  • Like 3

I'm Shamy too but I love Howard and Bernie too!!!! At first I thought Howard was a bit creepy I did like him but not as much as I do now!!! Bernie was the best thing that ever happened to him!!! I thnink that the star necklace and the song were the two most romantic things anyone has ever done on the show!!!! I can really understand why Bernie loves him so much!!!!!!!!!!!! And as for Bernie she was always lovable!!!!!

awww, Howie! Howard has always been my 2nd favorite on the show (behind Sheldon) because of his humor. He can be so snarky and so goofy. My favorite moments are when he puts Sheldon in his place. I love that guy! And Bernadette was a great addition. She truly helped him grow and shed his "creepy candy coating". And their scenes together always make me bust a gut, or like in this last episode, shed a tear. :) 

And I love how Bernie always wears the star he took to space for her. *girly giggle*  :girlsigh:

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me what the words he sang in klingon translate to from the Romance episode?

Howard was my least favorite character before Bernie came into the show.

Now he/they are my favorite.

Let's spice things up with a few Howardette videos~!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhbIyYxNY2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI5xqUhx1cQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSl4FtHV2R8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZw8_hXjOo4

Edited by Queenfisher
  • Like 4

I would like to open this thread with this wonderful gifset from Tumblr ( Thank you tbbt-faves )

tumblr_mvayefLXKX1sp0cpeo9_250.giftumblr_mvayefLXKX1sp0cpeo5_250.gif

tumblr_mvayefLXKX1sp0cpeo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mvayefLXKX1sp0cpeo10_250.gif  tumblr_mvayefLXKX1sp0cpeo8_250.gif   tumblr_mvayefLXKX1sp0cpeo7_250.gif

tumblr_mvayefLXKX1sp0cpeo1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvayefLXKX1sp0cpeo3_250.gif  tumblr_mvayefLXKX1sp0cpeo4_250.gif

• Like 4

Since Bernadette has said she doesn't want children and Howard has said he does, he should volunteer for Big Brothers Big Sisters (or something to spend time with a child and be a mentor).

It would be funny to see Howard bring a little boy to do something fun and for Sheldon to ruin it somehow.

Can anyone tell me what the words he sang in klingon translate to from the Romance episode?

Howard was my least favorite character before Bernie came into the show.

Now he/they are my favorite.

Found this online

"Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam", which means "Today is a good day to die"

• Like 1

So guys, what is the best Howardette moment in the show for you? Aside from Howard's number in episode 6 season 7? :D

There are tons of moments, but I think the first thing that made me go "Awwww" for them was when they were at the cheesecake factory and Bernadette handed Howard an olive.

"Olive?"

"Olive you too!"

xD it's just so frickin cute!

Just reposting these ones because they didn't appear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSl4FtHV2R8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZw8_hXjOo4

• Like 2

I can't find a video of it anywhere, but my favorite moment is on episode 5x19 The Weekend Vortex. 

Raj: Bernadette, remember, your character’s the healer in our group. You’re in charge of healing all of us, not just Howard.

Bernadette: I can’t help it. My Howie Wowie has an owie.

Sheldon: That is the most sickeningly sweet thing I have ever experienced. And I am sipping Kool-Aid through a Red Vine.

LOL! When Howard leans into her touch and they exchange that cute look, I die. 

weekend%20vortex%201.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_C
Edited by tx-fictionqueen
  • Like 2

I don't know which is my favourite moment.. Maybe when he tells she is the reason he became a better man I think is on 5x22.. I also like the moment he gives her the star necklace and tells her he will take that to space so she could have a star that has actually been on space. That was the most romantic thing on the whole show!!!!!!!!!! <3

• Like 3

I've been careful never to say whether I only ship Shamy or only ship Shenny because I love them both ...but I can DEFINITELY say I ship Howardette. I can't see either of them with anyone else!!! :girlsigh:  :wub:

• Like 1

Howardette are definitely my second favorite ship. :] That song he sang for her had me in tears.

• Like 1

My favorite part is when Howard is singing to win her back at the Cheesecake Factory.  Penny thinks it's the most embarassing thing in the world and Bernadette is all like, "are you kidding me? That's the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me". Penny didn't understand the gesture, but Bernadette did. They definietly belong together! :)

• Like 2

I am a Big Shamy fan, but I love a lot the other two couples. I always say: each boy has the right girl for him and each girl has the right boy for her. Episode 6 shows perfectly how the three couples are in love and how they show it between them!! IT IS AN EPISODE FULL OF LOVE, EVEN FOR SHAMY!

• Like 3

A bit unrelated, somewhat, kinda. Remember the time where Howard and Bernadette lost Cinnamon? I immediately thought of that when I saw this pic:

1385443_10151799546346840_505413240_n.jp

I could imagine Cinnamon having the time of her life xD

• Like 1

Just a question to throw out and see what your opinions are.  How do you see the marriage of H/B?  Do you think they are headed for trouble or just some growing pains?  I think they are having typical growing pains of a couple at the end of their first year of marriage.  I do think that Howard still has some growing up to do and Raj does seem to get in the way sometimes.

But, what do you think?

Well, I think both of them have some growing up to do.

Howard has to learn how to be a little less dependent on Bernadette. He's having a habit of making her his "mom" rather than making her his wife. But on a positive note, Howard's still as sweet to Bernie as when they were still dating. It's rare to see a man court and do sweet things (like Bernie's song) to his significant other once they're married. It's nice to see him try and keep their marriage alive by doing those things.

Bernadette on the other hand has to learn how to be a little less bossy. I can see some bossy undertones in their relationship, but what i do like about her regardless is that she knows how to talk to Howard, especially regarding the sensitive stuff like when they found Howard's dad's note. She's actually really supportive of Howard and yeah she's the more mature one in most cases.

Overall, I don't think they're going to crash and burn, but problems are inevitable for any couple after all. There will definitely bumps but I think they're strong enough to make it through.

As for Raj, I do think he needs to give the couple a bit of breathing space on some occasions, but I don't believe he's becoming too invasive. He just needs to learn when to step in or step out.