The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.09 "the Thanksgiving Decoupling" (November 21)

Your Episode Rating  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

He texted and ask her to move back to her place and he thought it meant she would break up with him but she didn't and invited him over for sex.

It's also implied that he was uncomfortable with with how quick the relationship was moving. See his talk to Penny in the Laundry room and his attempt to tell Stephanie how he felt, just before she drug him off to have sex. Ya know, thinking about it now, Leonard's been attracted to women who don't like to talk, they like to drag him off to have sex. I feel so bad for him. ;)

It's also implied that he was uncomfortable with with how quick the relationship was moving. See his talk to Penny in the Laundry room and his attempt to tell Stephanie how he felt, just before she drug him off to have sex. Ya know, thinking about it now, Leonard's been attracted to women who don't like to talk, they like to drag him off to have sex. I feel so bad for him. ;)

So that's why I find him relatable! Hmmm. :)

Edited by Nogravitasatall

It's also implied that he was uncomfortable with with how quick the relationship was moving. See his talk to Penny in the Laundry room and his attempt to tell Stephanie how he felt, just before she drug him off to have sex. Ya know, thinking about it now, Leonard's been attracted to women who don't like to talk, they like to drag him off to have sex. I feel so bad for him.

It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.  So, where do you go to apply for that job?

• Like 1

It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.  So, where do you go to apply for that job?

I know, but I'm not telling. ;)

I know, but I'm not telling. ;)

That reminds me of the funny old story about a man who walks into a women’s correctional institution with a stack of paperwork that will allow the female convicts to go free.

• Like 2

what a great and funny episode

liked the girls in the kitchen working (o raj was there)

to make the food. bernie with the marshmallow in her mouth.

leonard/penny was so sweet at the end.

amy loved the attention she got when sheldon

"slap her butt", even he was drunk.

can we get SIK soon with out any outside force

to help it along.

• Like 1

I really did love this episode.  It's one of the funnier ones this season.  The jokes were great, and so was the acting.  I especially thought Raj's facial expression after he said "the plot thickens" as he slowly faded into the kitchen was hilarious.  And of course Amy was great at the end, so shy even when he said "Ain't she great?" before he smacked her behind.

I never noticed how tall Zack is!  He's gotta be, what 6'5" or so?

Yeah Zack is really tall . He is 6' 3" .

Edited by BlackWhiteRose

Yeah Zack is really tall . He is 6' 3" .

Turned out to be good practice for Kaley.

• Like 1

I like seeing Sheldon interact (successfully) with someone outside the main group.    Not to mention seeing Sheldon drink which he rarely does and then only with great reluctance.    Howard's father in law makes an extremely interesting and funny counterpart to Sheldon and the way the episode brings them together, with Mr. Rostenkowski impressed by Sheldon's football knowledge is very well handled.   The look on Amy's face when she gets the wholly unexpected butt slap by Sheldon is hilarious.

Nice to see Zach again.    A clear case of how sometimes  "less is more" when it comes to acting.   Now just bring back Barry Kripke!

Finally got to see this episode. :)  Loved it.  Especially the part with Sheldon getting drunk and spanking Amy. ;)    Look on her face was priceless. LOL  Bernadette's dad Mike bonding with Sheldon was strangely adorkable.   Zach was funny too though I like to see him hanging out more with Raj or Stuart I think that could be hilarious match ups.  Its kind of sad that once again the gang forgets about Stuart and that Zach apparently had no one to spend Thanksgiving with so he wanted to come be with family awww.. :( . These supporting characters should get to hang out together it could be really funny and something new and different.  Penny was kind of annoying in her usual manner, the way she blamed Leonard for being upset. :rolleyes:  He should be upset he just found out his girlfriend was dumb enough to get married in Vegas and not even know it.  What guy wouldn't be upset.  She always blames him for her mistakes she really needs to grow up and stop acting so dumb and childish, but its part of her character I guess that and being an alcoholic.   Still I found the way Raj, Bernadette and Amy reacted to the whole dilemma with Penny being married to Zach funnier than the way Penny and Leonard behaved about it.  And I felt bad for Howard being left out of the bonding, but didn't he already bond with Mike when they were going to go fishing, but instead went to Vegas where Mike said he teach Howard to shoot craps.  I think Howard's issues with his dad, and always calling his mom fat is getting a bit tired.  They should bring back his real dad to at least make it interesting again either that or have his mom finally get liposuction or gastric bypass lose a ton of weight and have Howard freak out because his mom is finally skinny for first time in years.  But, yeah overall it was a really cute Thanksgiving episode. 

Edited by Superlovelexi

Not sure if its been mentioned but what was Penny's dress about? It seemed like the dress department raided Amys wardrobe for the day

This one?

the-big-bang-theoy-the-thanksgiving-deco

I didn't really noticed it before, but I don't think it's that bad (could be my bad taste).

But then again, I usually like Amy's clothes too...

That's the one, penny never wears things like that usually

That dress and the dinner table dress at the end of "The Romance Resonance" plus the lumberjack shirts seems to be a concerted efforts to make Penny appears to be closer to a suburban housewife than an on the prowel, young hottie.

More and more, L/P act and look like an old married couple.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 2

More and more, L/P act and look like an old married couple.

It occurs to me that with this episode the writers might have been trying to "annul" Penny's past, with Zack in the role of "every old boyfriend". That would explain the happy ending, corresponding with the current "happy" state of the relationship.

Allegorically speaking, of course.

• Like 4

I actually happen to like Penny's dress, and found it appropriate for a Thanksgiving dinner. Amy's dress, on the other hand was just hideous.

It occurs to me that with this episode the writers might have been trying to "annul" Penny's past, with Zack in the role of "every old boyfriend". That would explain the happy ending, corresponding with the current "happy" state of the relationship.

Allegorically speaking, of course.

I had the same thought - she signed off on her past. Maybe this is part of the transition. Hopefully they will stop revising her past downwards from now on. Can't see how they could make it any murkier.

• Like 2

I actually happen to like Penny's dress, and found it appropriate for a Thanksgiving dinner. Amy's dress, on the other hand was just hideous.

Isn't it supposed to be that way with Amy? Kind of like Ed Norton on The Honeymooners. He wouldn't be Norton without the vest and suspenders.

Just seen this....the best show in series 7 by a country mile.

It might be due to another drunken Sheldon - I enjoyed the immediate return from the ad-break into lager fuelled belching. I'll be watching again for sure.

• Like 1