The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.09 "the Thanksgiving Decoupling" (November 21)

Your Episode Rating  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I am jusdt tired of them showing Penny as some kind of drunken airhead.   They have her maturing and becoming the level heading one of the group and then they have to bring up a situation where she drinks and does something very stupid. 

• Like 1

I am jusdt tired of them showing Penny as some kind of drunken airhead.   They have her maturing and becoming the level heading one of the group and then they have to bring up a situation where she drinks and does something very stupid. 

Well, nobody's smart all the time.  Even the guys do stupid stuff on a regular basis.

I think this is going to be an outstanding episode, but nothing can ever top the Thanksgiving episode of WKRP, called "Turkeys Away!".  "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

• Like 4

I think this is going to be an outstanding episode, but nothing can ever top the Thanksgiving episode of WKRP, called "Turkeys Away!". "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

I am very hopeful that this will be outstanding. Performance, colour and movement always add to what's been written and read. I'm quite sure it will be memorable and funny, despite any reservations I may have had about skills with craft glue. They really have recently been writing stories that I have found to be extremely engaging.

... And nothing like Walking Dead, which is not funny at all and to which this delightful and light hearted entertainment is a marvellous contrast.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

I am so excited for this episode today!

I am hoping this will not effect Lenny because I think Penny really loves Leonard and this happened before they started dating again. Maybe it will bring them closer in some way. Shamy I am excited for but I guess it could go bad for them if Sheldon is drinking and he could do or say something that would upset Amy. However Sheldon is typically lovey or happy when he drinks so I am hopeful for them as well. 

Either way! Happy New Episode Day!

There are two sneak peeks available on the Youtube TBBT channel.

Awesome continuity from 6x17 with Sheldon too. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbMELreNuZI&feature=c4-overview&list=UU4e0hMc3DMMdQ47dkoP0zVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecGe_bP5nnw&list=UU4e0hMc3DMMdQ47dkoP0zVQ

Edited by koops
  • Like 5

I think this is going to be an outstanding episode, but nothing can ever top the Thanksgiving episode of WKRP, called "Turkeys Away!".  "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

Best.Thanksgiving.Episode.Ever!

• Like 1

I think this is going to be an outstanding episode, but nothing can ever top the Thanksgiving episode of WKRP, called "Turkeys Away!". "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

That is one of the funniest episodes ever. I love how Les Nessman calls the turkey drop as if it was the Hindenburg disaster.

• Like 1

And for those that have Antenna TV, they're showing this episode on 11/27. Looks like it will be on several times in a row.

I think they are all out of good original ideas. I am starting to hope S7 is the last.

Seriousley your so consistent, their are actually some who are really enjoying Season 7, your in the minority far as I am concerned. 

• Like 2

OMG! Drunk Sheldon really brought the Texan out of him! Haha. Loved it! Drunk Sheldon is just hilarious! The way Amy and Sheldon looked at each other when he spanked her again. Haha.

• Like 4

Just finished watching. I won't come to these websites/forums until after I watched the actual show.

Very funny episodes. Several "Laugh out loud" moments.

I've typically hated just about every sitcom out there since Mad About You went bad in the last season. TBBT is the only one that is actually, to me, very funny. This season is still good, IMO.

Oh well, one good show of the night is done, time to go back to netflix... ;)

Okay, I really laughed out loud during that episode.  There was some real funny stuff.  Sheldon, drunk is really funny and I died when he smacked Amy's but, her expression was great.  Bernadette with marshmellows was funny and the girls working with Raj was good.  Really the only thing that wasn't funny was Penny and Leonard.  Good episode.

• Like 2

My mom laughed when Sheldon spanked Amy, and said, "oh, she must be desperate!". Then at the end, she said she liked it but Sheldon was way out of character.

I thought it was cute. I think it was a fun episode. I just quoted my mom as like a casual viewer's opinion.

My mom laughed when Sheldon spanked Amy, and said, "oh, she must be desperate!". Then at the end, she said she liked it but Sheldon was way out of character.

I thought it was cute. I think it was a fun episode. I just quoted my mom as like a casual viewer's opinion.

Yeah. Drunk Sheldon is out of character for him, but still funny. Lol.

• Like 1

I thought it was a very funny ep. I'm with TW on the Lenny feels with their little conversation at the end.

I still wish they hadn't done the fake marriage between Penny & Zack. But I have to admit was an extremely funny episode. There wasn't any part of it from beginning to end that wasn't excellent! I loved Lenny at the end and the look Penny gave Leonard while holding his chin! Sheldon and Bernie's dad were hilarious! The girls: Bernie, Amy & Raj were cute both in the kitchen & watching the signing at the table. The slap of Amy's backside telling her to get them a beer and her look was priceless! It was just an excellent episode all the way around! :) :) :)

Edited by SodidIwin?

Tonight's episode is the reason that I wait and see the actual show before passing judgment, because it was hilarious!!! :laugh:  :laugh:

This is one Jim Parsons best episodes, Sheldon's interaction with Bernie's father was great, and the issue between Leonard and Penny was not that bad.  She honestly believed that it was a fake wedding.  But Sheldon was really the best part of this episode, especially when he slaps Amy on the butt, and her facial expression was priceless.

It seems like Sheldon is always his funniest when he's drunk. 

• Like 4

Grade: A+

Enjoyed and laughed out loud during tonight's episode.  There was some real funny stuff as well with Sheldon drunk with Bernadette with marshmallows was funny as well and not to mention the girls working with Raj was good. And we also got to see the long awaited return of Zack as well.

And gotta love the way Amy and Sheldon looked at each other when he spanked her again as well.

A couple of things in the beginning I wasn't sure about (didn't penny say she had friends get married in vegas in season 5 right before Bernie and Howard's wedding?).  So anyway, penny not knowing that marriage in vegas is real was a bit of a stretch for me, and I also didn't really like the slave jokes from Sheldon in the beginning (with Amy fussing at him like a child).

But... then it got so much better for me (and funny!), especially when Sheldon and Bernie's father started to interact.  Drunk Sheldon was hilarious, almost as much as Amy's expression as she walked back into the kitchen after that butt slap.  LOL.  And Howard was really good in this one too.

And, I really liked seeing Zach again.  He was funny as always.  I kept expecting a "hoo" from Amy when she saw him, LOL.

Edited by BazingaFan
  • Like 1

That WKRP episode is still considered one of the greatest in US sitcom history.

• Like 1

I thought the episode was OK.

Sheldon was hilarious; his scenes with Bernadette's father, and the Amy spanking, were the funniest parts of the show.

Raj was underused, but the scenes of him with Bernadette and Amy cooking were cute.

The Leonard and Penny thing was awful and fell flat. The saving grace was the appearance of Zack to lighten the awkward tension.