The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Queenfisher

Anyone Else Wonder What Happened To "bazinga!" ?

Bazinga anyone?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be "Bazinga" lines in season 7?

The last time Sheldon used the word "Bazinga," it was on episode 22 of season 5. It was nowhere in season 6. Have the writers permanently removed it or will we hear it in season 7? 

I reckon we'll hear it this season at some point. Perhaps last year there wasn't a place it would fit (I can't think of any at the top of my head) and they didn't want to force it.

I'm glad they haven't kept using it. That and 'Soft Kitty' would get very old, if they repeated it too many times. Should they bring it back? maybe they should save it for a really special moment, so yes.

I would like to hear it but in a moment when it is really needed. And please not something like "Amy I want to kiss you.Bazinga"!!! So,far it has been used wisely though..

• Like 1

6.14 Cooper/Kripke Inversion

"Zingers fly fast in the Thunderdome, Barry"

Not a real "Bazinga!" but they didn't forget about it.

I don't really miss it, I hope that if they do use it again, it's used on special moments.

Yeah, we haven't heard it in a while, but I think that's okay. The last thing I want is for "Bazinga" to turn into something like "Dy-no-mite!", like in The Jeffersons, where they had to have it in every episode.

It was already bad enough that people in interviews were asking Jim to say it.

But I wouldn't object to it popping up if the right circumstance comes along.

Edited by phantagrae

I think it is fine to let it go or to let it pop up some time. I don't actually miss it at all.

Just a Sheldon habit that could be triggered by circumstance.

The last thing I want is for "Bazinga" to turn into something like "Dy-no-mite!", like in The Jeffersons, where they had to have it in every episode.

Actually, that was "Good Times," not "The Jeffersons." ;)

I agree with Moonbase; they're probably saving it for a special moment. It has to be unexpected by the audience to be effective, so maybe that's why they haven't brought it up for a while.

They should use it again at least once, but in a really unexpected or subtle way like have Sheldon make up a new song and Bazinga is the title of the song, but not actually used in the song itself or have him get pranked and have whole gang say it back to him instead for a change. 

I also think they should bring back at least once..."I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested."   Last time Leonard called Sheldon crazy he actually had the audacity to agree with Leonard and say "I'm a crazy person with a long memory and if all goes according to plan a Robot Army."  When he said that my jaw dropped I was like WTH when did you start agreeing with people that you are crazy!!??  It was a funny comeback line, but I didn't like it for some reason it felt slightly out of character. :(

Edited by Superlovelexi

I think it would be funny if the whole gang punked SHeldon, with Bazinga as the ultimate punch line to him.  I think it could be even funnier if the whole audience gets punked as well.  As long as it doesn't have to do with Amy/Sheldon, like a fake break-up or anything like that.

Something to do with work or just their regular lives or whatever--kind of like how Penny and Raj were in on Howard's fake card trick and were teasing Sheldon with it because he couldn't figure out how it was done.

Or how the guys' initial Halloween prank worked in The Good Guy Fluctuation.

Anyway, I would love to see it used in that context, just to change things up.

I miss Bazinga as well, but more because it reinforced the notion that Sheldon sees himself as the group’s “resident cut up”, the “whimsical elf that everyone looks to for a good time”, and regards one of his most appealing traits as “playfulness”.

He’s certainly playful, but only in a sense resembling a dog happily bounding after you with a lit stick of dynamite in its mouth. Or a cheerfully painted underwater bomb.

It’s a rather bizarre and charming (and fallacious) self-conception.

Akin to the moments when he attributes an obviously Sheldonian attribute to someone else, usually Leonard. Such as; “He’s an odd duck, isn’t he?” “Poor kid, she just doesn’t see it.” “I don’t understand why in this group I never get my way.” (“You ALWAYS get your way!”) and the remarkable projection of “She needs to be solely focused on my needs, not distracted by your pasty, androgynous brand of sexuality.” (“I’M androgynous?”)

Bazinga also had elements of “Sheldon against the world” about it. Sheldon revelling in his infinite superiority. Otherwise known as “ya boo sucks to you.”

Unfortunately, whilst at their best, catchphrases might be considered mildly iconic, at their worst they have a way of branding art or entertainment in the manner of a factory product. Also they cling to the actors long past their sell-by date.

If any Irish, Scottish, English, Antipodean, European (etc) fans wish to revisit the scene where the venerable Richard Wilson beats the crap out of Father Ted, here it is. For those belonging to countries where Father Ted is not broadcast in its entirety at least once a year, just exchange Ted and Dougal for a pair of obsessed TBBT fans, and Mr Wilson for Jim Parsons in about forty years...

http://youtu.be/_6TuaDOPciw

• Like 1

It would have been perfect in 7.08 right after Sheldon tells Leonard he had paid for the movie 7 years ago. It would have made the outcome more comedic.

• Like 1