The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
3ku11

What Does Everyone Think Of Season 7 So Far?

Their are a few Season 7 threads around about how awesome or how bad the show is now lol, was just wondering everyone really from a rating of very bad, good, very good, or excellent. How does everyone rate TBBT this year? Personally very good, but their are still problems the writers are not getting right, Scavenger Hunt IMO is the standard, if they can do what they did their every episode then I would say Excellent. 

• Like 1

I'd say very good, though I'm not entirely happy with the "bone-dead stupid Penny" trajectory they seem to be on. Possibly Lorre's influence at work?

Excluding the scavenger episode pretty sub-par for me. Amy's had a fair bit of show-time this season and I'm not a great fan of her and dislike the humour she brings as I find much of it pretty cringe-worthy. 

• Like 2

I'd say very good, though I'm not entirely happy with the "bone-dead stupid Penny" trajectory they seem to be on. Possibly Lorre's influence at work?

Yeah I think they need to re visit strong, independent Penny shes not a genius but shes not stupid, she is going back to college after all and studying psychology. I think her intelligence has always been social intelligence, maybe she goes out with some of her "old" girlfriends, and Leonard waits up haha I dont know. I think too theirs a lack of balance in the show right now, some episodes tons of science this year but it effects the relationships, or vice versa, but I think they have set the show up for the sweeps, so not too worried the best eps are yet to come. 

Excluding the scavenger episode pretty sub-par for me. Amy's had a fair bit of show-time this season and I'm not a great fan of her and dislike the humour she brings as I find much of it pretty cringe-worthy. 

Well everyone has personal preferances, and your not the only one who has disliked Amy since she was introduced. But she has an important impact on the show, the show has become more bolder and serialized since Season 4, thanks to Bernadette too. Most likely TBBT would of ended after three seasons if they diddnt expand the show, but everyone knows this. 

I LOVE S7 so far. So much fun, many adorable L/P scenes, lovely. I enjoyed 7.04 (favorite) and 7.06 the most. Even the upcoming episode (Thanksgiving) isn't THAT bad. It might be my favorite season... we'll see :)

I really like this season so far, mainly because I'm a Shamy fan. But I hate how they seem to have dumbed down poor Penny... She's become the stereotypical clueless blonde... I don't like that. And I still think the early seasons were better. I also don't care about "girls nights"...

Edited by FrenchBBTfan

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I generally like it although I would prefer if they would balance out the story-lines a bit. When they go for the relationship episode, they are doing all the couples at the same time with a relationship storyline and when they are not, none of them are. I would like it better if they would put a relationship storyline as A or B with a non-relationship storyline as A or B.

Also, I would rather they stayed out from romantic storylines/drama with the couples for a while. Is like everytime they wanna put the couples together it has to be of them with a relationship issue and if not they just make them not even talk to each other. I wanna see them having fun, doing stuff together. There is a lot of comedy that can be done with the couples that is not about their relationships per se. 

That's my only objection so far.

• Like 3

Yeah I think they need to re visit strong, independent Penny shes not a genius but shes not stupid, she is going back to college after all and studying psychology. I think her intelligence has always been social intelligence, maybe she goes out with some of her "old" girlfriends, and Leonard waits up haha I dont know. I think too theirs a lack of balance in the show right now, some episodes tons of science this year but it effects the relationships, or vice versa, but I think they have set the show up for the sweeps, so not too worried the best eps are yet to come. 

Well everyone has personal preferances, and your not the only one who has disliked Amy since she was introduced. But she has an important impact on the show, the show has become more bolder and serialized since Season 4, thanks to Bernadette too. Most likely TBBT would of ended after three seasons if they diddnt expand the show, but everyone knows this. 

Why would it have ended after season 3?  It was the number 12 ranked show against stiffer completion since it was on Monday night and Dancing was in its prime.  It really made its jump in viewers with syndication.

I am enjoying s7 a lot, the Scavenger Hunt was very funny.

I also really enjoy the Sheldon and Amy interactions in the episodes that have been aired so far.

As to if the show would have ended after s3 if they had not added Mayim and Melissa to the cast.

It might not have ended, but it would have become kinda boring if none of the characters (besides Leonard&Penny) had any personal/romantic growth.

• Like 2

Well I guess that is matter of opinion.  You can have growth without having to add a romantic component.  Also sure Howard has grown, but I also find him less funny. Sure he  his moments now but he is much more restrained.    I also find having all these cast members having to be worked into the story every week- especially since the writers break them into groups instead of one main story most times- makes the show rather fractured.   Plus they always have the same groups hanging out, its rather predictable.  That's one of the reason Scavenger was so fun, it shook things up.

Initially I was enjoying season 7, but lately, not so much. The dumbing down of Penny is ludicrous. She is even stupider than she was when the show started. They could do so much more with Amy, but in the last episodes they have relegated to delivering one liners about how sex starved she is. Raj is...well.... Raj and the Lucy storyline didn't do it for me. Howard has been OK, but Sheldon was completely OOC in the last episode, not to mention the "marriage" backstory in the upcoming Thanksgiving episode. Hope it picks up , but.....

• Like 2

Sorry to keep on harping on this, as I don't want to be negative, but I am very dismayed since "The Itchy brain..."  On TBS they've started showing TBBT in order since Ep 1 S1. if you haven't seen it in a while it is almost jarring to see that whatever the interactions between the guys there is a sense of lack of meanness that I see now. Perhaps I'm just imagining things, but they seemed to be nicer to each other, specially Sheldon. I like the relationship stories, don't get me wrong, but I would prefer to see them doing something that they all enjoy, like in the scavenger hunt episode.

• Like 3

I don´t think Amy is sex starved in this season!  She only wants to MAKE LOVE  with Sheldon. She is IN LOVE!!!

Edited by Susana Alcira Cairó

I don´t think Amy is sex starved in this season!  She only wants to MAKE LOVE  with Sheldon. She is IN LOVE!!!

Yes, but was is making love?

I personally think there are many definitions possible.

Same goes for being physically intimate, which is what she wants.

I have found season 7 very entertaining so far. It is enjoyable and I generally look forward to every episode.

Actually I was not expecting to like episode 7.09 but I did.

On the other side from 7.07, 7.08 and 7.09 I am seeing a somewhat disturbing pattern.This is a comedy yet there is the potential to be a great big tragedy at the same time.

• In 7.09
    • we see everyone is more interested in the drama of Zack coming over than paying any attention at all to Howard. Howard wanted his friends around to make up for the difficulty he anticipated in having with Bernadette's father. That backfired in a big way.
    • Sheldon makes the uncharacteristic move of having a drink with Bernadette's father in memory of watching football with his own father. He then makes a move that perhaps is reminiscent of his own fathers behavior in slapping Amy on the butt and asking her to get some more beer. This would not be all that worrisome but for the fact she smiled rather then telling him off. It looks like this has the potential to slide into an abusive relationship. For years Sheldon has avoided drinking for the most part and attempted to avoid having a romantic relationship. One possible explanation is the desire to avoid the relationship his parents had.
  • In 7.08
    • We see Leonard just can't let something go. He sets himself up for Sheldon's revenge. Leonard and Penny are not in a bad place but if he has trouble letting go of the marriage to Zack thing in the way he had trouble talking off the sweater and saying Sheldon I get your point he has a serious chance of blowing his future with Penny. It would only take Zack showing up and saying a couple of dumb things and Leonard could become obsessive and push Penny over the edge. I think 7.08 sets Leonard up as quite capable of not acting in his own interests.
  • In 7.07
    • We hear Leonard saying he lives with Sheldon because Sheldon is kind of broken and that he kind of needs Sheldon too. He does not elaborate. Just by iteself that does not tell us too much but taken together with episodes 8 and 9 and one can envision a possible final episode of TBBT someday where Penny is gone and Amy is gone and Sheldon and Leonard are back at the sperm bank, older but not all that much different than when the series started.

7x01 Good

7x02 Good

7x03 Very Good

7x04 Very Good

7x05 Okay

7x06 Bad

7x07 Good

7x08 Okay

So far a Good for Season 7. :)

7x09 Okay

7x10 Bad

It's going downhill I'm afraid ... :(

The entire season is meh for me, I don't really laugh anymore and neither does my Lenny friend, she doesn't find Amy funny either and Mayim is a wonderful comedian. The one semi-bright moment was Thanksgiving but even then it didn't have the wit of last year when Mrs. Wolowitz practically imprisoned Raj.

hi everyone, i haven't visited here for quite a while.

what i feel so far about season 7 is a bit of a disappointment. i mean, i still of course love the show, but it seems to me that there is not much going on, not much happening in the plot, just more of the same, but in a prolonged or "spread" way, lacking the edge and wit and not as inventive as before. as if filling the time, prolonging the moment, being granted a few more seasons due to success... as if much more could have been done with these characters.

but i don't know, maybe i am exaggerating. i saw all other seasons in a continued marathon over weeks, maybe it's different to see now only one episode per week, and hence my reaction to it....

and Sheldon has become more annoying and childish and maybe even mean..... :-(

and the writers surely know that there is much expected from the relationship between Sheldon and Amy, but still almost nothing happens in that direction..... i think there was a momentum in need of a fulfilment of some sort.... i am not talking necessarily about sex, but also about emotional growth and yes, some physical closeness (not necessarily sex!).

this doesn't mean it will be less funny. au contraire!

and Raj needs to be seen more in his new context of pursuing the ladies now that he can talk to them. also lots of potential there, it seems to me.

but what do i know, i guess the writers know better. it is easier to give advice than to actually doing it.... and i have much respect to their creativity and creation.

maybe if i will see the whole season in a marathon i will feel better about it :-)

looking forward to seeing the next episodes....

• Like 1

I really like it and would say it's consistent with the way they've been building the characters over the years. I like Sheldon's growth. I think Raj/Stewart has been beaten to death is no longer funny. I think Amy has gotten a tad annoying. She started out being just like Sheldon but now she's this person obsessed with sex with Sheldon. I just hope they don't make her go too out of control.

Hello, my first time on the TBBT forum, L/P my favorites since the beginning of the show, remember how many hellos L/P exchanged on the first episode, a bit of nostalgia.  Season 7 has been excellent. Sheldon needs to be more with Amy as the season goes and way less dependent on Leonard and Penny.

• Like 1