The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
3ku11

What Does Everyone Think Of Season 7 So Far?

Would be interesting and enjoyable if the writers decided that Penny becomes pregnant, that would put a whole new dimension of responsibility, take It to another level, to the L/P relationship; the baby and Sheldon would be for hilarious moments on the show.

I really like it and would say it's consistent with the way they've been building the characters over the years. I like Sheldon's growth. I think Raj/Stewart has been beaten to death is no longer funny. I think Amy has gotten a tad annoying. She started out being just like Sheldon but now she's this person obsessed with sex with Sheldon. I just hope they don't make her go too out of control.

I think people are misreading Amy a bit. She is not obsessed with sex but would like some affection and some moment in that direction. If she were so obsessed she would have given up on Sheldon long ago.

• Like 4

I would say that this season has been pretty consistent so far. There were some episodes in which I had some really good laughs but over all, after watching an episode of The Big Bang Theory I usually watch my other favorite highly rated comedy show on Thursday Night immediately after The BBT and have been getting more laughs out of it.

BTW, what's with the long wait between episodes this month? I hope the writers aren't running out of material.

Edited by Grasshopper

I like this season and I am curious how it will go on. So far I haven't seen the latest episode, but I will watch it soon, I hope.

There have been so many moments I had to laugh.  I am wondering what they will to with Raj, it's the seventh season now and he is still without a girl, even so he is so desperately trying to find one, that is pretty sad, but it's nice, that he has Stuart now and finally can talk to women.

In the rest of Season 7 or possibly Season 8 one of them needs to come up with an invention like Howard and they should do a complete season with what it is like to go thru a patent process and what it takes to go from drawing board to production line.  The derision from the skeptics, the Invention Submission corporations that want you to pay $7000 while they pay $3000 of a $10,000 patent and then want to give the actual inventor 3% of what his invention makes  Bring that to light.

If they have a main story-line like that then the other ideas can happen on the side as the season progresses.

Kind of like Tom and Be'llana and 7 of 9 and Chakotay did on the Star Trek Voyager Series while Voyager tried to make it home from the Delta Quadrant.

Edited by Geniocrat

That is completely off topic Geniocrat.

Not to mention it's been posted multiple times now.

It's ok, coming off s6 which was boring, repetitive, predictable (I was able to guess the pun line for all the jokes the entire season) and really hit some creepy jokes (Amy's marking her territory was just disgustings). So I wasn't going into s7 with low expectations (it was on my cusp of being dropped).

i think series 7 is great so far, and lots of LOL moments in every episode, but then i've loved every season, i cant understand how people are always saying it's going downhill or getting boring, maybe it's not the show that's got worse, maybe it's peoples sense of humor that's changed. 

Season 7 is the best season yet!

The Hofstadter Insufficiency- 4.5/5

The Deception Verification- 4/5

The Scavenger Vortex- 5/5

The Raiders Minimisation- 4.5/5

The Workplace Proximity- 3.5/5

The Romance Resonance- 4/5

The Proton Displacement- 4/5

The Itchy Brain Simulation- 4/5

i think series 7 is great so far, and lots of LOL moments in every episode, but then i've loved every season, i cant understand how people are always saying it's going downhill or getting boring, maybe it's not the show that's got worse, maybe it's peoples sense of humor that's changed.

I think it's pretty much the repetitive nature of the characters, and rehashing of jokes/episodes. The lack of character progression (raj taking 6 seaon to rid himself of his mutism) and out right character regression (Leonard Sheldon and Penny come to mind)

I think it's pretty much the repetitive nature of the characters, and rehashing of jokes/episodes. The lack of character progression (raj taking 6 seaon to rid himself of his mutism) and out right character regression (Leonard Sheldon and Penny come to mind)

Repetition has always occurred in sitcoms. I think people expect it and the writers repeat what they think the audience wants repeated. The success of TBBT makes me think the writers have a good handle on what they are doing. There is more character progression than there would have been in the 70's or 80's considering there are no young people growing up. No, I think the complaints regarding lack of character progression are simply based on the show not developing in the way some people imagined it would. I think the writers have their own story to tell I find it quite entertaining. They will never please everyone.

• Like 1

The show's running gags a starting to get a bit too repetitive, like Penny's bad knowledge of science. Perhaps a new recurring character or a storyline lasting more than one episode would make things more interesting. If Sheldon, Kripke and a new character started competing to make a scientific breakthrough, it would bring out the competitive side of Sheldon, which is always funny to watch.

In the rest of Season 7 or possibly Season 8 one of them needs to come up with an invention like Howard and they should do a complete season with what it is like to go thru a patent process and what it takes to go from drawing board to production line.  The derision from the skeptics, the Invention Submission corporations that want you to pay $7000 while they pay $3000 of a $10,000 patent and then want to give the actual inventor 3% of what his invention makes  Bring that to light.

If they have a main story-line like that then the other ideas can happen on the side as the season progresses.

Besides being completely off topic, it's like you just can't help yourself from beating a dead horse now, can you. You brought this up on several occasions and everybody's told you it wouldn't be funny, which it wouldn't , and TBBT is NOT the place for it. If you are so intent on getting the message across perhaps you could write a series pilot and submit it to TPTB, and see what happens, whatd'ya say?

That is completely off topic Geniocrat.

Sorry...

They asked for opinions and I gave mine.

It is a great show but you have to admit season 7 could be better.

Besides being completely off topic, it's like you just can't help yourself from beating a dead horse now, can you. You brought this up on several occasions and everybody's told you it wouldn't be funny, which it wouldn't , and TBBT is NOT the place for it. If you are so intent on getting the message across perhaps you could write a series pilot and submit it to TPTB, and see what happens, whatd'ya say?

What is TPTB ?

Okay if my idea is so bad then let's hear someone else's idea for a master-plot idea.

As far as not being funny remember when the Ghostbusters were parapsychologists and when they got kicked out of the university they had to patent their proton packs and go thru the startup process ?

What about in back to the future when they had to make a time circuit using vacuum tubes of the 1950s and had to spread the circuit across the hood of the car ?

Yeah it would really kill the series if say Wolowitz had to take an invention from idea stage to production stage... who know maybe inspire a whole generation of inventors who currently are facing down their fears to overcome them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3UXNDKzKJU

I guess only if it is funny right ?

The show's running gags a starting to get a bit too repetitive, like Penny's bad knowledge of science. Perhaps a new recurring character or a storyline lasting more than one episode would make things more interesting. If Sheldon, Kripke and a new character started competing to make a scientific breakthrough, it would bring out the competitive side of Sheldon, which is always funny to watch.

Exactly some scientific infusion, a struggle, something that uplifts and inspires....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3UXNDKzKJU

Sorry...

They asked for opinions and I gave mine.

It is a great show but you have to admit season 7 could be better.

What is TPTB ?

Okay if my idea is so bad then let's hear someone else's idea for a master-plot idea.

[snip]

The topic is how is season 7 going not what new plot idea do you have.

I really like season 7. Not to say I like every element of every episode but I know they are not writing the series with just me and people like me in mind.

TPTB is "The Powers That Be".

Perhaps you would like to read the fan fiction. Personally I figure the show writers are the experts at comedy.

Your plot idea may work for other characters in a different show. It does not work for TBBT because these guys aren't basement inventors. They are two physicists, an astrophysicist and an engineer. If they had to write a patent application they could do it. They should have no problem knowing if they have a patentable idea.

Season 7 may not be Season 2 but thats not a bad thing, the show back then may have been more original in its nerdiness. And the show may not be about four eggheads and their hottie neighbour anymore, its more of a nerded Friends now. But from a industry and technicle stand point, TBBT is a much strongre ensemble show now then it was say 1-3, it was a cute show back then but its much bolder and refined now. Do I miss the unique Science dialogue? Sure I remember a classic TBBT moment when Leslie and Leonard broke up, and with Sheldon they had an argument about string theory classic BBT. But I also miss Raj talking in Howards ear, but I also understand change is the only constant, I mean this show got critizised early on for perpetuating the stereotype that nerds cant get chicks, now they can its just like other shows now haha so your damned if you do your damned if you dont. TBTB have a very large audience that watch the show now, you have many types of people who watch the show Type A: Give me Geekiness Type B: Oh Shamy so cute. In a 30 minute show they can only do so much, they cannot possibly cater to everyones specific expectations and wants or desires, and of course a show in its seventh season theirs always going to some form of decay or staleness, the show pretty much is the same show and the characters have pretty much been the same, with subtle changes their and their but other then that its constant. Its just after so many years you cannot have the same impact you used to, look at The Simpsons yeah sure comparing a animated sitcom to a sitcom, but the writers refused to change the show, and now its in a current never ending state of homeostasis. And this is where the show would precisely be post Season 3 when it was starting to outgrow its premise, if they never brought in two characters like Amy and Bernadette, and they never expanded the show.

As much as you can really like something, you need to fail before you can succeed, personally I like watching a show that grows over time, its not a cartoon they can not rely on fantasy, its pretty much reality. You would not expect any of these characters in real life to still be reading comic books and playing video games at 30, sure as a hobbie but not your entire existence, so why do people expect too see it on tv. I do beleive though their has been a misconception with TBBT, I have never seen this show as a show about Geeks, but a show about people and how they function on the backdrop of geek culture. The culture of the show has pretty much changed, not the show itself. When it comes to the characters themselfs though, I find my self missing Penny not being isolated, or Leonard being assertive, or Howard not being creepy, or Sheldon being a bit more humanized, or Raj being less of a douche. I feel the characters are more beleivable now, and are less self-narciscistic and shallow then they once were, but this is all JMO. At the end of the day its just a tv show, in terms of enjoyment that is, if you no longer like where the show is although its just natural where it is then either go get the dvd's or stop watching lol simple as that. It's kinda like Friends the comedy got a bit over exagerrated by the end, but the reality was these characters were all growing up and moving on, I guess with Friends though it was very relationship driven show, and with TBBT its known for its geek culture, so people dont expect relationshipy type stuff on the show, but its just a sign of the shows evolvement. What do people expect though, did they really think into Season 7 we are still going to watch a show with Leonard still pining after Penny from across the hall, or Sheldon still sparring with Penny and having no real friendship or relationship what so ever, people keep going on about lack of original ideas but thats not exactly original is it. 

• Like 2

What do people expect though, did they really think into Season 7 we are still going to watch a show with Leonard still pining after Penny from across the hall, or Sheldon still sparring with Penny and having no real friendship or relationship what so ever, people keep going on about lack of original ideas but thats not exactly original is it. 

Well said, people who expected it to stay the like it did the first 2/3 season are misguided.

Change had to come, and looking back now, it was actually plain to see things were going to change.

With Sheldon's comments about not needing romantic relationships etc, it was to be expected it was going to happen.

And yes, the writers can't please everyone, that's just life.

• Like 3

If Amy and Bernadette hadn't have been introduced in Season 3, the writers would have run out of ideas by Season 5. What we need now is another new character, possibly a permanent girlfriend for Raj or a new neighbour, to come along and give the show something new. Season 7 is great, but having something new would make it fantastic.

• Like 2

If Amy and Bernadette hadn't have been introduced in Season 3, the writers would have run out of ideas by Season 5. What we need now is another new character, possibly a permanent girlfriend for Raj or a new neighbour, to come along and give the show something new. Season 7 is great, but having something new would make it fantastic.

New characters have popped up. Which ones may be reoccurring is hard to say. TBBT is mostly unpredictable in that I don't think the writers even know in advance. They seem to take a lets try this and see where it leads approach. I like it. For me this is more interesting than the romantic ships that so many in this forum get excited about.

I do like Amy and Bernadette. Especially Amy. Her influence on Sheldon is interesting but she has become an interesting character in her own right too and that makes TBBT so much better. Penny is important for TBBT in a different way. The diversity in characters is really good.

• Like 2

The best episodes this season have been the ones that have mixed things up a bit. As great as TBBT is, sometimes the same format every episode, with the characters broken up into three groups, can get a bit repetitive. The Scavenger Vortex and The Cooper Extraction have been different, and because of that, they have been funnier!

• Like 1

This season has not been to bad but I still do not think that it is the best.  I still think that season 6 was the best overall.

• Like 2

Another character might be a goôd idea, because new characters do add new depth, and I liked when they added Bernadette and Amy. I don't think a permanent girlfriend for Raj is the answer but a fourth girl might be okay. Maybe a nerd girl, since none of the current girls are nerds.

Another character might be a goôd idea, because new characters do add new depth, and I liked when they added Bernadette and Amy. I don't think a permanent girlfriend for Raj is the answer but a fourth girl might be okay. Maybe a nerd girl, since none of the current girls are nerds.

I don't know how you define a nerd  but an interest in science is usually enough to qualify which means both Amy and Bernadette would be nerds.

I agree with djsurrey- I think that Amy is nerdy girl- she works as a neurobiologist, dates Sheldon and dresses like she's 65 (according to Penny at least) so I think she qualifies as a nerd. However, as SRAM said, new characters add depth- and as we now know there will be an 8th season, it's time for the writers to add a new character before they start to run out of ideas.

Edited by Stewie99