What Does Everyone Think Of Season 7 So Far?

3ku11

I don't know how you define a nerd  but an interest in science is usually enough to qualify which means both Amy and Bernadette would be nerds.

I guess I mean someone who likes comic books, Star Trek, etc. I could just picture the girls expressions, when their guys dress up for a convention and they find out she is dressing up too and going with them. They could have her move upstairs in the apartment building too. They could have some jealousy in the beginning, but after a while the girls take her in, but unlike Amy who is becoming more like her friends, she stays different like Sheldon does with the guys. They could slowly bring her and Raj together in season 9 or 10, if they show chemistry, or she could be a girl version of Raj, when it comes to dating, so the girls have to help her. Anyway that is what I was thinking, a new nerdy girl character, sort of to balance the girls and the guys.

I think Season 7 is getting better at the end. The SIK and Leonard getting Penny a car, show the characters where they should actually be at this point in the show, instead of the regressing we have seen earlier this season. If this keeps going on, I think 7 will be one of the best.

Yes I agree that season 7 is getting better. Overall I have really enjoyed the season so far despite yet again loosing all interest in L/P as a couple.

That's fine, cos I skip over everybody else (except Howardette and Stuart) :) LOL. The cosmic balance is even. I do agree 7.17 gave things a boost and maybe a new angle.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Yes I agree that season 7 is getting better. Overall I have really enjoyed the season so far despite yet again loosing all interest in L/P as a couple.

Thats funny because ive read some have become Lenny's, or have their interests spiked because of this seaso. Its true the writing was more consistent the first five seasons, but thats the case with all sitcoms not just bbt. After so many years you just cannot have the same impact you used to. Difference with bbt tho, is that the writers have embraced change. And i dont see why tbbt wouldent tackle non scientific things, this has never been a show about geeks, but a show about people on the backdrop of geek culture. They just happen to be physicists, but their personalities are not mutually exclusive haha. Your seeing characters now particularly Penny make subtle changes to their self actulization, which has subsequently effected the shows self actulization, its more a nerded friends now. People saying they miss the old show,, yet jistify that by saying lacack of proriginal ideas, really makes no sense as imo s7 really is an otiginal season. I mean you had some critizising 1-3 for perpetuating the stereotype nerds cany get chicks, now they can its just like other shows lol. Those kinda of ppl really outgrrw the show, and well never be happy with current bbt. Its funnt though i watch 1-5, altho the writing is far more consistent, and the comedy more ostelent and the complete oppossite of not being stale haha. What ive realized is the show hasent changed but the characters have. I find myself missing Penny being less isolated, super Lenny :p, a less douchy Sheldon, less selfish Raj, less creepy albiet less funny, but more beleivable howard. I even miss Amy and Bernie who would of thought! Lol. This tells me how unique the characters are. Shows premise has changed from four eggheads and their hottie neighbour, to this juggurnaut addictive ensemble peice, still as strong as ever, s7 has bn really good. Besides hv u seen the ratings!

Thats funny because ive read some have become Lenny's, or have their interests spiked because of this seaso.

[snip]

Besides hv u seen the ratings!

That is the way of it. Everyone sees something different. To me L/P looks like a 7 years of slow motion leading up to a traffic collision. I can imagine comedy skits about L/P in their 60's with Penny still on the fence about their future.

I have seen the ratings. And I like TBBT despite those aspects of the show that I find tiresome. I have seen reruns too many times and these days I am only watching new episodes. There have been a number of episodes this season I have enjoyed a good deal but I don't think any of that has had anything to do with L/P as a couple. Penny gets a lot of good lines and I think KC does a good job and the character has always brought a lot to the show. From my point of view L/P just gives the writers an excuse to keep Penny interacting with the others.

So your saying if Lenny weren't a couple, Penny would have no reason to interact with the group from a writers perspective? I strongly disagree with that. One Lenny have only been romantically involved on and off since S3, during that time Penny has developed friendships with everyone, she was even friends with Leonars before they started dating. She has also become good friends with amy and bernie. Even if Lenny broke up as they did post s3, even when dating other ppl the writers managed to find other reasons to interact with others. I never said s7 has beeb good cos of L/P, i was just pointing out that some have been inteterested in their relationship cos of this season, and PP ep sounds very strong for them. Regardless of Lenny as a couple, i dont beleive its just an excuse for the writers to keep her intetacting with others, shes been doing that since the pilot. So only explanation why the writets have the L/P pair as they are endgame, our babies are smart and beautiful comes to mind. And i never said Lenny are the reason for the ratings, just pointing out how strong they are.

This season the highest viewed tbbt videos on YouTube are the shamy kiss with 2.9 million views and the song Howard did for Bernadette with over a million views

The show is about all the couples whether they are together or not

Yeah, they really have moved towards the relationships being the center of the show if you ask me.

In the earlier seasons it was about the friendships mostly, but that has now shifted a bit towards the romantic sides.

• Like 1

Views on the official acc meab nothong, of course on the off acc well b big virws. Beside Penny interactibg with others withoutLeonard all the other characters. Its to do with how they write Penny just saying.

Somewhere along the line i lost my way in thst last post haha. Point made was the writers focusing on all couples has nothing to do with Lenny. Just like Shamy has nothing to do with Lenny, or Howardette for that matter. Its true the romantic relationships are becoming the centre of thr show, but thats been the case since s3, just theirs two more couples now. When it comes to Penny though her friendships and interactions with everyone in her circle of friends. Is not soley dependent on if sh romantically involved with leonard or not. I mean based on that logic she dated tons of other guys in 1-3, the writers could of uded those relationships as an excuse to interact with the gang, ala zack. Butoint is writrts focus on all couples and friendships.

Even when Leonard was dating  Stephanie and then  Priya he still had a thing for Penny.  That has hovered around since the first episode and complicated his attempts at other relationships..

Penny kind of just put up with Amy initially. It took Amy a while to adjust and become a more of a friend.

The reason Penny kept popping over at S/L could be the subject of endless debate. I don't think that could have been kept up if Leonard had continued on in a successful relationship with someone else. Penny could have dropped over but not with that same frequency.

Edited by djsurrey

• 2 months later...

Season 7 started to tail off a bit at the end, in my opinion. What started as one of the best sitcom seasons in television history (especially in it's first 10 episodes, which were all great), this season of TBBT hit an inevitable lack of ideas which happens a lot in television- the end of season blues.

It happens frequently with many of the highly rated TV sitcoms- Modern Family, The Middle and The Simpsons to name a few. The writers, struggling to cope with the pressures of having to deliver a clever and funny script every week to keep The Big Bang Theory at the top of the ratings, start to run out of ideas and resort to recycling bland sitcom plots in order to get laughs. Examples of this would be Sheldon trying to make people laugh and Raj and Stuart trying to talk to people in The Hesitation Ramification and Bert hitting on Amy in The Occupation Recalibration. Whilst still funny, these plots are not as entertaining and not as interesting as the ones we were getting at the beginning of the season- there is less of a tendency with the later episodes to 'mix things up' which the earlier episodes did. Of course, I'm talking about The Scavenger Vortex, The Thanksgiving Decoupling and The Cooper Extraction, where we got to see something different than the usual business of splitting all the characters up into three groups. Despite the superb episodes that we had at the beginning of the season, the end of season blues has taken it's toll on The Big Bang Theory again and made it a little less edgy, and, unfortunately, a little less funny.

I am confident that this is just a blip though and that we will be back to the normal standard when Season 8 starts next Summer.

Edited by Stewie99

I thought it ended rather well. A reasonable finale actually. If it went no further, like say Stargate Universe (the best Stargate imo) and we were left in suspense about Sheldon, and about Amy, it's open enough that anything might happen. So you can still be positive.

• Like 1

We had some great moments in season 7. I have found it very entertaining.

Overall I'd say it has been great. Who would have expected Sheldon and JEJ to have such a great time together?

• Like 3