The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JustBecause

Too Much Use Of Plastic Utensils?

Is it just me or is anyone else annoyed by the amount of plastic they use on this show?? I know it's just a show and the whole getting takeaways is their thing but its A LOT of plastic. Plastic knives, forks, water bottles and plates in the cafeteria (where really in a college you'd get the real stuff) and they drink out of water bottles and not glasses at home and then there's obviously all the takeaway stuff going on? Would they not all be smarter than that as scientists and bring reusable water bottles places and use regular utensils and plates in college? Just wondering? Save the planet n'all no??  :swoon:

• Like 1

For all we know they recycle all their plastic bottles.

This is a comedy, not a show about conservation.

I imagine that on the set it's more practical for them to have the actors using plastic ware as well, to save on germs and cleaning, etc.

There was a time when they had at least Sheldon using real silverware, and there was that one episode--Large Hadron, maybe?--where SHeldon brought Leonard the "30 pieces of sliverware" on a tray.

But it could also be a sound thing--all the clinking and noise of metal tableware getting picked up by the mikes.  I think that's why they often have a towel or something on the counter or the coffee table when someone is using a mug or something like that--to muffle the sound of the cup on the surface.

• Like 1

Maybe they are like my Grandma and they wash and reuse their plastic ware and water bottles LOL. My grandma is borderline hoarder tho, doesn't have much to do with the environment ;)

• Like 1