Episode 3.01

Sheldons brother should be played by some hunky over the top dumb guy. That would even out the equation wouldn't it?

Yeah I gave the exactly same idea a few pages ago, I agree with you xD But I'm sure we'll have a chance to meet him latter o/

But I really wanted to see Sheldon's old room ç_ç

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So do I..!

Every time I watch this episode I wonder myself how Sheldon´s mother´s dress is so short! She is a conservative woman wearing miniskirt??

Maybe a conservative but not a puritan

Hey...I noticed something weird. I don't know if the writers meant for it to come off like that, but Sheldon sounded like a jealous guy!...O.o 1.He came in to talk to Leonard, he didn't answer so he called for Penny. She answered and he says that although he knows that shes tending to ger biochemical urges, life is full of terrible descisions, and he wants to interrupt THIS one. 2. Also he called Leonard her furry boy toy. which by the way LMAOOO line xD I've become sort of a root for no ships kind of person now, but that jusst stuck out to me. And Leonard was being annoying. I know he wants to hook up with Penny, but he could've thought less with his manhood and more as a friend. Hopefully they'll do the Lenny better next episode. BTW: Cutest moments? Leonard and his sorry face, and Sheldon's emoticon face!! ♥♥♥ They made me go awwww!

Wow, I did NOT pick up on that o__o Which really sucks, me being the main representant of Shenny in this forum xD But I dunno, I think you're looking way too much into it. And yes, Leonard was a jerk in this episode o.O Seriously, it even came out a little bit OOC xD

I wasnt reading anything into it though! I meant his words though. It was weird. I usually dont pick up on that stuff, I read on the forums and someone else does, but his wording was odd to me. How was a Leonard hookup a bad decision? From Sheldons POV?

Because Sheldon is allergic to cats. :D When Leonard gets depressed, he starts listening to emo and making Sheldon accompany him to the pet store to look at cats. A crash and burn with Penny would make Leonard really depressed and want a cat. "The Fuzzy Boots Corollary", episode 1.03. :)

Wait, that's not what I meant xD Seriously, if what you saw it's what it is then I'm more than happy about it \o/ But I like being sceptical about it because, hey, it's shipping we're talking about here xD Besides, I'm pretty sure until Chucky and Billy started to write this episode they had already heard about the shipping war in their fandom xD So I think they did it to tease us. Besides, I probably didn't pick up on that because I was pretty much a zumbi at the time I watched the episode xD

OH c'mon, Sheldon was (understandably) furious about Leonard's behaviour and that's why he called it a bad decision if Penny hooked up with Leonard, because anyone hooking up with this (in his eyes) liar would make a bad decision. Loved the first episode. Great Howard and Raj moments, Penny was great, Sheldon was great. I was a bit shocked about Leonard's behaviour, he was so pumped up with hormones, he didn't care at all about Sheldon's reaction. I really think the guys went too far and should have told Sheldon about the tempering with the data BEFORE they left the North Pole, thus avoiding that he send the e-mail. I hope Leonard gets back to his old self soon. And the evolution-creationist joke was just my favourite, Americans laughing about themselves, fantastic! And it WAS the sentence that made Sheldon get back to California, priceless!!!

I was a bit shocked about Leonard's behaviour, he was so pumped up with hormones, he didn't care at all about Sheldon's reaction.

Well, to Leonard's defense, 3 months at the North Pole without any action (except maybe when the temperature got low! :p) ought to do that to your hormones! :icon_lol:

I was a bit shocked about Leonard's behaviour, he was so pumped up with hormones, he didn't care at all about Sheldon's reaction.

Well, to Leonard's defense, 3 months at the North Pole without any action (except maybe when the temperature got low! :p) ought to do that to your hormones! :icon_lol:

LOL, I'm female, I don't think with my genitals :icon_cheesygrin:

LOL, I'm female, I don't think with my genitals :icon_cheesygrin:

Well, Leonard is a guy, so he does think with his genitals! :icon_lol:

By the way, girls can be horny too, sometimes... right? I mean, I'm a guy, so I'm only assuming here but... Oh well, that's off-topic anyway! ^_^

Well, Leonard is a guy, so he does think with his genitals! :icon_lol:

Yeah, that was probably the message of this episode, even the nicest guy can turn into a yerk once his hormones take over :icon_confused:

By the way, girls can be horny too, sometimes... right? I mean, I'm a guy, so I'm only assuming here but... Oh well, that's off-topic anyway! ^_^

LOL, well, as Sheldon taught us once a female encounters the alpha-male it triggers the biochemical reaction in her brain that "lay people may naively interpret as falling in love".

So it's all a matter of triggering the correct neurotransmitter release :icon_cheesygrin:

I think what this episode taught us is that in (most) women reason can overwrite the desire (temporary)... as seen in Penny :icon_wink:

LOL, well, as Sheldon taught us once a female encounters the alpha-male it triggers the biochemical reaction in her brain that "lay people may naively interpret as falling in love".

So it's all a matter of triggering the correct neurotransmitter release :icon_cheesygrin:

Which Sheldon is going to experience with in the third episode, using chocolate xD

LOL!!!! jajajajajaja that time span of 3 months does affect anyone who thinks and misses a girl, and in the north pole is just matter of chemestry, the substance to mantain the heat even with the thought of someone lol. LOL that was really funny besides, apart from sheldon, all the other 3 musketeers thinks the say way, howard about all girls, raj of any girl and leonard just of one girl, its a nerd-science related show chemestry, biology and phisics play their part lol.

While this episode had marvellous moments -- the "dictator" speech, for example -- overall it was lacking and off. My initial reaction was that they'd tried to do too much in one episode. As a result, the story as presented didn't do nearly enough to justify the odd actions of the characters. We don't buy the idea that the guys would do something so hurtful to Sheldon because we don't see him being anything more than mildly annoying. Frankly, Wolowitz's crossbow mime was an overraction in the last episode. Sheldon wasn't doing anything more annoying than he ever did. Why this sudden murderous bent? And of course, we don't see anything else of the expedition so we don't understand why the guys would have been literally planning to kill Sheldon. The Leonard we have come to appreciate is a caring, sensitive person, but here we see him not only having hurt Sheldon very deeply (and hey, he's a scientist, he KNOWS how awful faking data is), but then acting so callous and rude toward Sheldon just because he wants to be with Penny. This isn't' the Leonard who gently refused to take advantage of Penny after the Halloween party. This isnt' Leonard at all. If this is where they're taking the character, I worry. And you know, I am a Leonard/Penny fan, but their interactions in this episode were SO far off the mark that even I couldn't see the chemistry between them. And that last scene? It was atrocious. So painfully wrong I can't stand to watch it. Sheldon didn't show the layer of humanity that makes us love him in spite of his flaws. His vicious remark to Penny as she tried to comfort him was horrible. His abrupt change of heart about going back to Pasedena made no sense. He knew perfectly well what he was getting into when he went back to Texas, and the overriding factor wasn't "Can I get a teaching job?" It was "I need comfort and love from my mom". So changing his mind just because he realised suddently that his mom didn't believe in evolution made no sense. He knew perfectly well that she felt this way and he went anyway because, well, she's his mom. Kripke ... good lord, please don't ever let them put him in another episode. He is NOT FUNNY and that speech impediment is an embarrassment. I could tell they were trying to make the Christian jokes gentle and specific to that character rather than attacking Christians in general, but speaking as a Christian with a perfectly fine sense of humour and the ability to laugh at myself, I was a bit uncomfortable. This was in part because it was wrapped up with casual racism. It's always tough to find the right tone when making fun of another culture. You're not IN that culture to catch the nuances, and that makes is almost inevitable that you get it wrong. How to do it right? Mrs Wolowitz not able to understand why there are no Outback Steak Houses in India. Doesn't mock the people of India for their beliefs (or Jewish people for theirs, although this wasn't about her being Jewish -- or is this kind of woman a Jewish stereotype that I'm not aware of?). So I would say don't mock some Christians for theirs either. (I say "some" because there are MANY beliefs about things like evolution and creation within Christianity). Problem is, they used poking fun of Christians as the incentive for Sheldon to go back to LA. Poor writing choice, I'm afraid. So deep breath, everyone. Episode two is coming. I worry about the new season, but then again, look what happened in season two. We suffered through Griffin Equivelency and Euclid Alternative and immediately thereafter were favoured with Panty Pinata and Cooper-Nowitsky. Electric Can Opener Fluctuation 2 stars out of 5 http://wiki.the-big-bang-theory.com/wiki/Electric_Can_Opener_Fluctuation

I completely agree Steve. Leonard deserved to get smacked this episode. And for some reason Sheldon's mom seemed a lot more mean. also, Sheldon seemed a lot more emotional, which was good, but got tiresome after a while. Raj is the one character who doesn't disappoint. I love his one-liners! And also, penny. She was a better friend to Sheldon than Leonard was! overall the episode wasn't that great, but it had it's moments. Once again: BAD P/L!!! 1. What the hell happened to sweet Leonard? the nice one who wouldn't (as Steve stated) take advantage of Penny? I know we said to get a backbone, but to Penny, not his friends. He refuses to even think about anything but sleeping with Penny. And karma made it so the sex was bad. :p Sorry Leonard. 2. LMAO At peoples reactions to the beard kiss. Obviously Penny is a furry-lover!! xD

OMG am I the only one who loved the episode? xD I didn't think the christians jokes were racists neither ofensive, but I can't speak for everyone xD Leonard, as I said before, was kinda OOC. But not Sheldon o.O I loved Sheldon in this episode, he was starting to get anoying in the second season but now he's back the way I like it \o/ Come on, just re-watch the first season and you'll see he DOES have feelings. Besides, me being the only one who liked it's kinda funny considering this was THE Lenny episode xD

Yay, finally found a way to see the episode! And although I didn't want to believe it, when I read your comments on it: Leonard IS a jerk But to his defense: He waited so long for Penny to feel about him the way she suddenly does, when he returns... He was probably afraid she might change her mind again.... I can totally understand that! Anyway, I hope he goes back to the way we know him. And I hope they're going to recover from all the weirdness. :D I love Sheldon in that episode and I really love the scenes with his mother, where he is always forced to pray and respect religion. Haha, I don't think he'd be doing that for anyone but his mom!!

Yeah, I didn't mind the christians joke. It changes from the jews or the hindus joke we usually have! lol As for Leonard, I'd put his ''jerkness'' as you call it on the fact that he's been 3 months in one of the coldest place in the world, no woman, no distraction besides his work, etc. No doubt his hormones had builded up to Howard-like level! :p And also, I mean, it's Sheldon... I know, we all love him and he's the most funny and all, and all the actors on the show think so, too. but remember that the characters, them, wouldn't agree with us! :p Bilkis: I don't think Sheldon never had respect for religion. Though he is no strong believer, he did reference Christianity a few times (''For what it worths, my mother say that when we deceive for personnal gain, we make Jesus cry'') and respect the fact that others can be religious, even if they are not really (''Oh, dear God'' '' I'm sorry I didn't knew I was interrupting your morning prayer. When you're done we can go''). I think what annoyed Sheldon this time is those whom beliefs exceed moral issues and contradicts scientifical evidences (such as the creationnist/evolution case pointed in this episode).

I think you're right there... I just put it the wrong way! But still think if someony else but his mother had asked him to say a prayer before eating, he might have let off one of his scientific speeches about the origin of his food. Haha. And by the way, I almost forgot: Awwwwwwwww, he Leonard gave Penny a snowflake from the north pole. Cutest gift ever!!

I'm not particularly interested in the romance bit, so didnt feel let dowm by any of those scenes. I thought there were some great gags - especially the emoticons one. Regarding the christian evolution/creation thing, I think he was just referring to the intellectual environment he was now in, and trying to show how far he now was from the University which he had quit. He was referring sarcastically more to the level of education rather than the religious topic in particular. Regarding Leonard's treatment of Sheldon, after spending 3 months with him, he just wanted time away, quite apart from wanting to take his chance with Penny. If it wasnt necessary for the show, I would suggest the first thing they would want to do would be to all get away from each other after being together for 3 months. .Anyway they are used to Sheldon overreacting (running away) and dont feel obliged to leap in straight away. I would be sure they did not tell him about the false readings on the trip because they were still stuck with him and would have decided to do so only after they got back, and when there was a door nearby!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I laughed so hard when Sheldon said: 'I don't have a sad-song, I'm not a child'.

soo funny

I think the episode was pretty good, great perfomance by Laurie Metcalf too. 'Just pretend he's Chinese' and 'Evolution is your opinion', are there really Texans who are so backwards and won't recognise the truth??

(this is a question I want answered :p)