The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chiany

Who Would You Like To See As The Missing Parents?

I made this topic based on .... post in the Mayim topic:

This completely hit me last night. Wouldn't Henry Winkler be great as Amy's father? Actually, he'd be great as Leonard or Howard's father too, but Mayim saw him first!

So here we can discuss who you would like to see play one of the parents who haven't been revealed yet.

• Like 1

Hello Chiany. I think there’s another lengthy post kicking around here…somewhere…about the potential actors for the missing relatives.

Because we probably can’t find it, I’ll reiterate that I wanted was (with no regard for feasibility, money, actors’ schedules, wishes, etc, whatsoever);

Christopher Lloyd – Sheldon’s father (flashback or reanimated corpse)

William H Macy – Leonard’s father

Owen Wilson – Penny’s brother (this one’s reasonable, isn’t it?)

Woody Allen – I don’t care. Anywhere. Likewise, in a different galaxy, John Lithgow.

Obviously I’d also like Al Pacino, Geoffrey Rush, and ye olde dead actors like Gregory Peck and Dirk Bogarde, but I don’t think CBS has either the money or the supernatural power to achieve such a thing.

• Like 1

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Well, Woody Allen already played Mayim's father once, on Don't Drink the Water so I definitely can see him playing Amy's missing dad. (although my wet dream would be to see Alan Rickman as Amy's dad, but *sigh* I know it's impossible).

And of course, Bette Midler as Amy's crazy aunt or something (since her mom has already showed up).

• Like 3

Well, Woody Allen already played Mayim's father once, on Don't Drink the Water so I definitely can see him playing Amy's missing dad. (although my wet dream would be to see Alan Rickman as Amy's dad, but *sigh* I know it's impossible).

And of course, Bette Midler as Amy's crazy aunt or something (since her mom has already showed up).

I was bloody well going to say Alan Rickman. I thought he might not be particularly well known over yonder (wherever yonder is). Yes he would be excellent for Amy's father. Or just a wandering mage. I did not know this about Allen. Interesting.

As much as I like Bette Midler, if she appeared on the set, she would immediately suck all the attention from the room, which would not be beneficial to our favourite actors.

• Like 1

I made this topic based on .... post in the Mayim topic:

This completely hit me last night. Wouldn't Henry Winkler be great as Amy's father? Actually, he'd be great as Leonard or Howard's father too, but Mayim saw him first!

So here we can discuss who you would like to see play one of the parents who haven't been revealed yet.

I have seen Henry Winkler in a number of roles over the years. He could be good with the right kind of role. I like him best as an over confident self absorbed over the top sort of guy  like his role in Happy Days. He could be Amy's Dad with that sort of personality or Howard's Dad. There is not much room for other ego's when someone like that is around.

Actually I kind of think he could do a great job as Howard's Dad.

For Leonard's Dad I would have loved to have had Peter Falk but he died in 2011.

Actually for Leonard's Dad it would be nice to have Alan Alda or perhaps Gary Burghoff.

Owen Wilson – Penny’s brother (this one’s reasonable, isn’t it?)

Oh. My. God. I would LOVE it :D. He's just a great actor.

Oh. My. God. I would LOVE it :D. He's just a great actor.

Indeed. I'm starting to agree with you. I'd previously written him off as a bit of a blonde himbo, based solely, I think, on the promo for Zoolander. However, for whatever universe-conspiring coincidence, I've recently been inflicted with three of his films in a row (Darjeeling Limited, Midnight in Paris, and The Big Year, the last of which I purchased under the woefully mistaken belief that there was more than 3 nanoseconds of Jim Parsons in it, but ended up enjoying regardless, once I'd finished muttering) and he seems to have a rather charming, vintage actor feel about him. The same way that Parsons is "old fashioned" in some of his mannerisms. Very Jimmie Stewart era, both of them.